• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Show Your Fightstick

I wanted to see how it'd go cutting out a print so I made a five second shop of Venus to try it out. I'm gonna gonna switch it out with something with more work on it when I get the lazy outta me. Plus, I got this from the mall in town and came with some awesome Seimitsu buttons.
tumblr_n0yy7kAE421qk42qvo1_1280.jpg

Word of warning: I've heard the parts on that thing are crap, so you're probably gonna have to buy new buttons and possibly a new joystick with it, so factor that into the cost.

Word of warning: I've heard the parts on that thing are crap, so you're probably gonna have to buy new buttons and possibly a new joystick with it, so factor that into the cost.
It'd still be cheaper than getting something like a Q4, even after factoring in costs.

Updo button and Double butt button. Fantastic.

Reactions: Error Macro
That looks like a Q4.

DUDE WHERE THE HELL IS YOUR START BUTTON!?

Okay, a Q4 without a start button. The layout's identical :P
The start button is in the same place as the select button, and the mode button is removed, otherwise it's practically the same thing. I personally hate the tiny buttons at the top on my q4 and would gladly put a select button under the start button and remove the worthless turbo, and mode buttons

The start button is in the same place as the select button, and the mode button is removed, otherwise it's practically the same thing. I personally hate the tiny buttons at the top on my q4 and would gladly put a select button under the start button and remove the worthless turbo, and mode buttons
Yeah, the Mode button, while annoying, is actually a necessity for me in some games that (for some reason) can't detect default lever inputs. So I have to switch to analog.

The stick also has a hole for the start button just like the q4 has.

Just buy a q4 and switch the wiring (if possible) with the start button and turbo (because does anyone use turbo?) Tada now it's a fusion. (I just wish I knew earlier.)

Yeah, I don't get why the Fusion is more expensive than the Q4 when, wiring differences aside, they're the EXACT SAME STICK.

there's an injustice special edition on gamestop with an exclusive arcade stick with lights n'such... FOR JUST 40 BUCKS

excellent modding material IMO

edit: the link http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/injustice-gods-among-us-battle-edition/107664
I ordered the stick, but from the thread on SRK it seems like it could be a hassle getting a Seimitsu stick (my personal preference) or a 3rd party PCB in there. I guess I'll see how it goes once I get it.

I made mine less lame (nothing fancy but better than my ms paint one)
s5KP6jL.jpg

I dunno what buttons would go on it so I'll leave them white.
I love this fan art, is it yours?

@Beuzer0 I wish. Nah, I just found it on pixiv.

Hello fightstick gurus. I would appreciate your input on a purchase I am going to make. I am a PC only player and I was looking into going to locals and tournaments for Skullgirls. All of them seem to be run on PS3 and I have a Hori Vx Xbox 360 version so I was looking at my options for what to do to have a stick that would work at home and for those events. I don't think it would be worth dual modding my existing stick. It seems to cost $50+ for that and I only bought the stick for about $70 in the first place. So I was looking at other sticks with the idea to sell my old one and buy a better stick and I was wondering what my best option would be? Madcatz supposedly makes nice ones at the high end and they are $30 off right now. Would the PS3 version of those work just like my current one on PC?http://www.hori.jp/us/Products/XBOX360/Fighting Stick VX/index.htm

PS3 sticks have issues with non-Intel processors, I have an AMD processor and I think for that's the reason my stick doesn't work on my PC. Maybe there are more conditions than that but I think that's an okay guideline, hopefully someone else knows more.

PS3 sticks have issues with non-Intel processors, I have an AMD processor and I think that's the reason my stick doesn't work on my PC. Maybe there are more conditions than that but I think that's an okay guideline, hopefully someone else knows more.

I dunno, I have an AMD processor and use a PS3 stick, it works fine...though it is advertised as a "PS3/PC" stick.

To my knowledge madcatz ps3 TEs only have problems with nvidia chipsets. Unless something changed...? There was an alternative but i forget atm. It involved really cheap pc hardware though

If I buy a PS3 Brawl Stick will that shit work on my PC? It's still usb so I don't see why not, buy I don't want to sink 40 bucks on hope and uncertainty.

If I buy a PS3 Brawl Stick will that shit work on my PC? It's still usb so I don't see why not, buy I don't want to sink 40 bucks on hope and uncertainty.
For the most part yes, but there have been the odd exception. For instance mine (a modded SFIV SE, which is pretty much the same thing as a Brawl stick) works fine on my computer, but will only work on a friend's if its plugged into a USB3 slot. Also, I've heard it has issues with certain processors.

Decent sticks though. Soooo easy to mod.

Reactions: Eben
For the most part yes, but there have been the odd exception. For instance mine (a modded SFIV SE, which is pretty much the same thing as a Brawl stick) works fine on my computer, but will only work on a friend's if its plugged into a USB3 slot. Also, I've heard it has issues with certain processors.

Decent sticks though. Soooo easy to mod.
Yeah, I was considering it for the price and modding capability. Only issue is I couldn't find an art template on http://www.tek-innovations.com/arthobbies/?loc= (maybe I'm stupid and missed it)

So I'll just have to make a trip to Kinkos for the art.

You may wanna double check art's site just in case. He's usually really good about having templates, and I can at least vouch for how nice his prints are.

Also made a few changes since I last posted it, but the kirakishou custom is coming along nicely. Just popped in the last silenced button a few min ago.

Attachments

• IMG_20140323_210516_459.jpg
    IMG_20140323_210516_459.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 942
Last edited:
I found a different model that I also found a template for anyway. I probably did miss it, I'm not up on all the abbreviations and whatnot (this is all new territory for me).
This guy's work is dope, though.

I have a dumb question, I just got this stick and put in these buttons and this joystick in it. They work, yes, but the joystick doesn't register left or right. Thinking it was my joystick, I plugged in the default one and tried again. It still didn't work. They read up and down perfectly.
Is this a driver problem? I'm currently using those SCP Drivers, and I had previously tried Motioninjoy (but it didn't register the stick). My laptop sees it as "Madcatz Brawlstick", so it's not a problem of it being seen by my laptop... I also don't own a PS3 to see if its universal. If it is a driver issue, are there any other ones?
I'm kind of a newbie to this kind of stuff (not modding stuff, dealing with drivers), so sorry if its dumb.
QUICK EDIT: Mods, if this doesn't belong here feel free to move it.

Yeah, I was considering it for the price and modding capability. Only issue is I couldn't find an art template on http://www.tek-innovations.com/arthobbies/?loc= (maybe I'm stupid and missed it)

If you're the kind of person that doesn't mind the idea of modding your stick, then I'd definitely say go for the brawlstick. Even on the rare chance that is doesn't work with your PC (and a quick google search suggests that it should), then you can always swap out the PCB.

I have a dumb question, I just got this stick and put in these buttons and this joystick in it. They work, yes, but the joystick doesn't register left or right. Thinking it was my joystick, I plugged in the default one and tried again. It still didn't work. They read up and down perfectly.
Is this a driver problem? I'm currently using those SCP Drivers, and I had previously tried Motioninjoy (but it didn't register the stick). My laptop sees it as "Madcatz Brawlstick", so it's not a problem of it being seen by my laptop... I also don't own a PS3 to see if its universal. If it is a driver issue, are there any other ones?
I'm kind of a newbie to this kind of stuff (not modding stuff, dealing with drivers), so sorry if its dumb.
This sounds like you've damaged an internal connection somewhere, but it's hard to say for sure. What exactly did you need to do in order to put the new stick in? Logically I'd be looking at any new connections you had to make or move around involving the stick outputs, and try re-soldering them (or re-connecting them however they're supposed to be connected) even if it looks like you did a decent job the first time.

Is the joystick's ball different from usual models or is it just its look?

It is a different balltop. It has a tight mesh pattern going throughout it giving it that look. There are also ones made by the same company that have a looser mesh pattern for a more noticeable checkered look. I found mine on focus attack if you're interested in one.

Yeah, I was considering it for the price and modding capability. Only issue is I couldn't find an art template on http://www.tek-innovations.com/arthobbies/?loc= (maybe I'm stupid and missed it
I got one from d3v's site, here
I never had to use any alternate drivers with my stick. It was straight plug and play with WinXP(32) and Win7(64).

If both the JLF and the Madcatz stick aren't working, my gut says its an issue with the contacts in the wiring harness. Its possible some of the gook they use to secure it in place could have gotten into one of the connection points.

and then, you'll put the lever in Carol's chest just like an alien baby?

you monster

It's on her arm also, It'd be nice if the emblems(?) were more centered on the buttons.

It's on her arm also, It'd be nice if the emblems(?) were more centered on the buttons.

You have to remember as long as they are inside the circle's it's fine. They will be cut out and trimmed/placed in clear buttons anyways ;)

Anyways another lil' update to my Bella stick :D I just can't get used to a balltop and had to go to bat. I guess old habits do die hard.

IMG_0065_zpsa1944875.jpg

IMG_0066_zps7e90c7b0.jpg

Last edited: