• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Show Your Fightstick

Hopscawtch

Poor and Dangerous
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Hey, lets do this thread again.
stickfinished2_zpse3ad9f79.jpg
Art by Soitenly whose tumblr can be found here: http://hellforheavenssake.tumblr.com/

That's a very cool one!

I bought my very first arcade stick a few weeks ago, I should draw something for it someday... when I'm inspired.

http://www.amazon.com/Mad-Catz-Street-Fighter-Tekken-Playstation/dp/B006ZTHGPM

Used from GameStop. Dunno if it's a touch buggy/unresponsive or if I just suck (prolly the latter). I did only realize over an hour into some PC Skullgirls that the buttons were mapped wrong, but I'm want to remember if the D-pad responded rightly with some platforming action. Ah well, still more compatible than my Logitech Dual Action.

http://nyassassin.deviantart.com/art/L-G-A-Panel-SE-256360238

I made the art for my SE 2 years ago when I dual modded it. Problem is from using it so much, the inks have rubbed all over the place so its smudgy/faded & the dirt just wont come off. The downside of having no Plexiglass since the SE's panel bends near the bottom. Still, she works like a charm and the turbo helps to keep my stream lobbies alive all day.

Also... #WhensLOVEMAX!!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Huesoman
Hey, lets do this thread again.
stickfinished2_zpse3ad9f79.jpg
Art by Soitenly whose tumblr can be found here: http://hellforheavenssake.tumblr.com/
Did it take a lot of effort to mod the art on your stick? I think you have the same one as me (SFxT pro stick) and I'm thinking of replacing the default art. I have no experience with stick modding though.

I eventually want to customize the front, but this is what I got:
BQiINhsCIAE0oV7.jpg

It was the cheapest new fightstick (with a coupon code of course) I could find with sanwa buttons. It plays great too even though it's seen as an Xbox 360 controller by the computer, but that's not to much of a problem thanks to button remapping.

TbLcOke.jpg

Spur of the moment Cave Story x Scott Pilgrim art thing I did right after finishing my Paewang mod.
Ow. That just doesn't look right for some reason. Probably because I'm so used to seeing Cave Story fanart done in a "9000 hours in mspaint" type style.

Anyway I don't have a fightstick, too expensive. Sorry.

So, um, guys, I have a question. I wanna get a fightstick but I'm not able to make one, which brand do you all recommend?

Reactions: Pheno
So, um, guys, I have a question. I wanna get a fightstick but I'm not able to make one, which brand do you all recommend?
Can't go wrong with Madcatz

Reactions: Φ
MadCatz or Eightarc/Quanba.

Can't go wrong with Madcatz
How much are one of those Madcatz arcade sticks? *Grabs his piggy bank and starts throwing in spare change*

My fight stick is a fully modded MadCatz WWE BrawlStick. The stick is only $50 at the time of this post. If you know someone who can mod sticks or if you're willing to learn how to do it yourself, you can replace the BrawlStick's parts with Sanwa and/or Seimitsu parts. At the end you'll have a TE quality stick for a fraction of the price!

My fight stick is a fully modded MadCatz WWE BrawlStick. The stick is only $50 at the time of this post. If you know someone who can mod sticks or if you're willing to learn how to do it yourself, you can replace the BrawlStick's parts with Sanwa and/or Seimitsu parts. At the end you'll have a TE quality stick for a fraction of the price!
WANT! I know what I'm begging for when my birthday comes around.

Just make sure to factor in the cost of obtaining those Sanwa/Seimitsu parts. My stick was modded by a friend, so I can't say for sure how difficult replacing the parts actually are.

Just make sure to factor in the cost of obtaining those Sanwa/Seimitsu parts. My stick was modded by a friend, so I can't say for sure how difficult replacing the parts actually are.
Just getting a stick would be good enough for me. I can always ask for parts when Christmas comes 'round. The joys of being a jobless high school student. Anyway, I don't want to derail this topic anymore than I already have.

My stick is a MadCatz SFIV SE, which is pretty much the same as the brawl stick. Its dead simple to do the hardware modding. Artwork is a bit tricker.

My stick is a MadCatz SFIV SE, which is pretty much the same as the brawl stick. Its dead simple to do the hardware modding. Artwork is a bit tricker.
I only suggest the BrawlStick because it's probably cheaper than a SFIV SE, making it a great foundation for modding.

holy shit a fellow Player!
tumblr_lzkqslMt311qkjirxo1_500.jpg

Hmm, I like. My original design was actually pretty similar and had tons of multicolored graphitti. I picked a bunch of pins I really liked for the buttons in all kinds of assorted colors, but I ended up settling on black/gray/white.

I only suggest the BrawlStick because it's probably cheaper than a SFIV SE, making it a great foundation for modding.
Oh, you're absolutely right. I'm just pointing out that from a case/hardware standpoint the BrawlStick and SE are identical, so any guild to modding an SE will also apply to the BrawlStick. For instance, I learned from this when I was just getting started.

Reactions: Kiyobi