• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skull mod background music folder thread

joshb911

Reaction score
Steam
joshb911
Unknown Unknown Unknown
So I know how long it takes to mod and convert mp3 files over and packing and unpacking folders and files so this is to make everyone's life a little easier.

Make sure you have tested them and that they work and please provide a description of the folders contents

Here is the link to the drive where you put your folders :) HERE

So it seems a lot of people don't really know what to do with the folders here.... so I will explain. The folder I have submitted are the .wav files for the modding. So what do I do with it?

1. take the folder and download it put it on your desktop to make it easier ( I would suggest you download the entire thing as one folder)
2. Locate the -win files for skullgirls (this is found where ever you have steam so it goes something like Steam, commonapps, skullgirls, winfiles?)
3. Use skullmod to unpack the original music by dragging the original music-win file onto the unpackgif file in skullmod
4. Wait a couple minutes for the unpacking to occur
5. In the same place where the -win files are there should be a new folder called music-win
6. Make a copy of this folder
7. Click through the folders until you get to a bunch of files
8. Move and replace with the files on your desktop
9. rename the original music-win folder to something else (I used music-win-original)
10. rename the copy music-win folder to music-win
11. drag the new music-win folder to skull mod where it say pack.gif
12. wait...
13. and you should be done

Last edited:
Reactions: Kai and ElementFree
Why don't you post yours John?
When I get home I'll try and mess around with skullmod and try and get a folder done.

I need to figure out how to post folders in here -_-

can you even post folders?
Why not just setup a public dropbox or google drive specifically for this kinda stuff and keep the link on the first page?

also lol, he called you john.

so check out the first post to get the link to the drive

So I know how long it takes to mod and convert mp3 files over and packing and unpacking folders and files so this is to make everyone's life a little easier.

Make sure you have tested them and that they work and please provide a description of the folders contents

Here is the link to the drive where you put your folders :) HERE

weeeeellllll. i don't thing these MP3s are from skullgirls...

Thats the point Scott, this thread is about modifying Skullgirls to play different music.

Well, you need Skullmod to unpack the music files and replace them with the converted music, I'm not very good at this and awful at explaining through text. I actually had to get someone to help me mod my music.

Well, you need Skullmod to unpack the music files and replace them with the converted music, I'm not very good at this and awful at explaining through text. I actually had to get someone to help me mod my music.
don't be upset,you explained well. let me try to repeat: i need to download Skullmod the software to unpack a kind of music folder and replace the music files in which with new music,am i correct?

Well heres skullmod. Could you private message me if you have anymore issues? This is kindof bloating this thread

Here's a Mediafire link to a Dodonpachi music set.
Music From Daifukkatsu / Saidaioujou Black Label because god damn there's a lot of stages in this game.
Includes all stages, menu, character select, and intro music (lmao it's so bad).
Does not include Poccola music and a few stages are repeats. Does not include Arena stages, so not for Beta use.

This shit takes way too long, but everything has intros and loops perfectly. I tried to fit songs to stages but it's not easy when everything is Japanese techno.
I also have no idea how Google drive works, so if someone else wants to put it on there go ahead.

Replace everything with Steven Universe soundtrack and this gonna be vidyagame of the century
Seriously tho I'd like to understand how to make this work. The mod uses .wav files? We convert mp3 to .wav and then import in the Mod? I downloaded it long time ago but never tried it.

Replace everything with Steven Universe soundtrack and this gonna be vidyagame of the century
Seriously tho I'd like to understand how to make this work. The mod uses .wav files? We convert mp3 to .wav and then import in the Mod? I downloaded it long time ago but never tried it.
well,i only unpacked the music-win.gfs and everything in it is .wav.
i guess you need to convert mp3 to wav, replace them and pack it and put it back.

Here's a Mediafire link to a Dodonpachi music set.
And here's a sample video. Just uploaded so I'm sure the quality is ass.

ALSO:
Here's Marvel vs Capcom 2, though this game doesn't have nearly enough tracks.
There's a few duplicates and is very out of date. Does not include replacement music for:
Final Atrium, Under the Bridge, any of Eliza's stages, Gehenna, Poccola, or the Intro.
Though, since every MvC2 track is used, you can easily copy over other tracks and rename them to finish this up. You'll just have a lot of duplicates.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ravendeth
So this is just a quick question for everyone are you putting your folders in the google drive?

You take an .mp3 file, and use one of the parts of SkullMod (the converter, in this case) to convert it to a .wav file, since that's what Skullgirls uses. So you need to go into Skullgirls' files, and find a music-win.gfs file. Unpack that, it becomes a folder. Replace the .wav file in that folder that you want to replace with YOUR .wav file (literally name yours the exact same as the one you want to replace, and put it in the folder, erasing the previous version). The pack the folder back into a music-win.gfs file, replacing the old one. That's it. It's way easier than how I made it sound... e.e'

Last edited:
Reactions: chickenwithtie
Converter refuses to work on my pc for whatever reason. Probably an issue on my end.

So this is just a quick question for everyone are you putting your folders in the google drive?
Nope.
I looked at it for like 5 minutes and didn't know what I was supposed to do.

updated with instructions to help people out

What I meant was I don't know how to upload stuff to the Google drive. (I assume this is like some kind of dropbox thing?)
I think I figured it out, but it's telling me I don't have permission to add items to this folder, and that it is view only.

WELL BALLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hold on I got this
Ok it should be good now

Yep, it works now.

Does anybody here know another tool to convert audio files? (.mp3 to .wav)
I have a full music conversion (will probably even do the storyboards, it's that large) that I want to do.

The audio converter tool that's included with skullmod doesn't work for me, even with someone else's copy of ffmpeg and adpcmencode, and even after renaming the input files.

Last edited:
They are in .wav ???

If someone can do the vampire savior soundtrack that would be dope. I'm gonna get the melty blood one up some time tonight once I get the OST into MP3.

just finished the melty blood one let me know what you guys think :)

oh awesome, that was the next one I wanted to do.

Edit: no offense but this sounds really lazy.
The pre-battle VS flash screen doesn't exist in this game and gives a weird pause in the music before it actually starts where you're already fighting since you made it the "intro" music for all the stages. Not to mention none of the tracks loop, but fade out instead, yet I'm sure they can be made to loop. Also the intro song plays on the main menu.

If you don't mind I'm gonna try and change it up a bit and show ya what I mean.

Something like this
I know it's a lot of work, but it sounds loads better if you take the time to loop everything properly.

Last edited:
when I did this I did not realize that the tracks faded out like that (the curse of using the internet I suppose)...
It took me like 2 hours just to find the ost in mp3 I can edit it tonight so there should be no problems.
Trust me I'm not trying to be lazy I spent 2 hours just trying to figuring out what I thought sounded best with each stage. I only posted the .rar to get feed back it's not finalized.

So what I need to fix is:
*the menu intro is bad (my mistake there really was no good track for that one so I'll improvise for that one"
*need to trim down the "get ready.... fight" portion so that it is similar to the third strike and alpha 3 ones
*edit all the .mp3 files to remove the fading (cause all osts have that right..... -_-)

After this one I think I'm gonna do guilty gear X (once I find the freggin ost.....)

You didn't realize they faded out? I'm guessing you didn't edit it any way then , cuz fade outs are really easy to spot in waveform.
Also yeah I suppose lazy is kinda harsh, but regardless, my criticism is the same. Some extra effort would make this really good.

The intro movie music on the menu isn't bad (That's opinionated anyways) It's just I thought you might want the intro music on the intro and the menu music on the menu. Cuz idk if the menu music is in the OST, but Melty's option menu music (this is all memory, I think it's that one) would be good I think, if you find it.
It's this one. Disc 2 Track 24.

And yeah, I'm sure there's some games without looping music, but I'm pretty sure Melty loops it's own music and SG does as well, so it fits better imo to have everything loop.

Last edited:
I think the music loops it just sucks because of the fade out.... The OST I have sucks.

Also I think I'm going to do an anime opening and ending one today. Of course it's gonna be super lame cause it's only stuff I like :^). But when I put it up let me know what you think

I think the music loops it just sucks because of the fade out.... The OST I have sucks.
Well, yeah it does loop, but you can cut it so there is no fade out and then when the track automatically replays, it sounds nice and continuous.
I'm pretty sure there is only one OST.

Anyways, I went made a thing for Melty. There's no NWO Arena stage music yet. I went and cut a couple tracks up for it, but as of now it doesn't have an intro/loop so anything I use would have to also not loop, which the tracks I wanted already did. So, yeah. Also something weird with menu music after the into movie. Also the movie is too short, the Melty intro music is way too long and just gets cut off. I guess I could fix that at some point.

Also, I see @Duckator makes BG music mods as well, though his don't use Skullmod(?) so maybe it's not for this thread? Regardless, It'd be cool to have everything compiled. I know he has his own Melty ones, 3 different versions, as well as Darkstalkers and something else I already forgot. Super cool I found that out right after I finished mine ;_;

Last edited:
Yeah it would be dope :D. The main reason that I added the intro thing was for the beginning of fights cause it sounds cool :^)

No one seems to care about this, including me, but I made one for TTT2.
Includes all stages, main menu, character select and intro movie, though the intro song doesn't really fit. Whatever.
This is the only one I've done since the game's been finished, so it's also the only one with all stages. The rest are all outdated and I'm probably too lazy to attempt fixing them.
Sample video probably soon. Or maybe never. NOW

I think if I do another one I'll do TvC. Hopefully TvC has enough stages.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fizzxwizz