• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Report Skullgirls 2nd Encore, 4/17 Beowulf Release/Trailer, Robo-Fortune Progress!

beowulf is on the xbox storer right now. compatability update hasnt gone through yet though.

Nope! Looks like our Xbox guy just forgot to update the description text to reflect the current date. I just tried re-downloading it and it works. Beo is playable. Go get it!

LET IT BE KNOWN FOREVER THAT XBOX360 WAS THE FIRST TO HAVE THE RETAIL RELEASE OF BEOWULF.

Nope! Looks like our Xbox guy just forgot to update the description text to reflect the current date. I just tried re-downloading it and it works. Beo is playable. Go get it!

LET IT BE KNOWN FOREVER THAT XBOX360 WAS THE FIRST TO HAVE THE RETAIL RELEASE OF BEOWULF.
FUCK YEAH 360 getting it first!

For some reason.

But seriously, good news to hear few snags with releasing a character.

The Beowulf update broke my 360 version of the game. Trying the old "delete everything" method.

The Beowulf update broke my 360 version of the game. Trying the old "delete everything" method.
Make sure there's a title update, and you have the compatibility pack, wheee....you always need to re-get the compatibility pack....

I suppose this is the best place to discuss 2nd Encore, eh? Or should this be a new thread? But where?
A GameStop employee is leaking some secrets over at the subreddit: 2nd Encore bringing fully-voiced story mode?
xwYKGm4.jpg

One of the many "more features" teased since the blog, a fully-voiced story mode sounds amazing. Now all the extras need to be cast... like Annie, Minette, Feng, Avery, Dr. Avian, Vitale, and more!

Reactions: Shockdingo
Gamestop employee here. Recently our PS4 interactive started playing a trailer for Skullgirls 2nd Encore and I just noticed that it said fully-voiced story modes. Was this ever announced?

I don't know what PS4 interactive is or how SG would get a trailer on it in a random Gamestop store.

It's the display PS4 you can interact with in Gamestop.

Reactions: No longer exist
It's not a leak if gamestop themselves had it on a display unit....

So if Lab Zero is gonna get mad at someone, it's Gamestop lol

Huh, weird that gamestop would show a trailer before online sources posted it.

Also why is the caption for fully voiced story mode on a scene that is completely not from story mode? I mean at least show a cutscene.

Reactions: Kai
I want this news to be true, but photos of things on screens have an interesting history. Who remembers when Marvel 3 was announced? On April 1st? In 2006?
That looks very official and not a hoax at all ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Now I don't know what to think.

:PUN:

I don't recall a voiced story mode being in the IGG budget. So...

If said thing is true (Which we are unsure of yet), it's probably being funded by Sony as a sorta exclusive thing.

I mean, Sony funding things is believable, but I just have more reason to believe they didn't have the funding for this until someone official says otherwise. It doesn't really matter to me though, I probably won't be going through everyone's story modes again unless they add more story to it any way.

Hi, all! It's true. Fully voiced story mode. Full announcement coming later today.

EDIT: Give me a couple minutes to address everything people are wondering about.

I don't know what PS4 interactive is or how SG would get a trailer on it in a random Gamestop store.

We made a trailer for retailer PS4 kiosks.

So... it couldn't possibly happen?

All I can tell you is that it didn't come from IGG funds or Lab Zero funds.

why is the caption for fully voiced story mode on a scene that is completely not from story mode? I mean at least show a cutscene.

What if we didn't have footage of Story Mode that had voices in it, hmm?? What would the point of that?

So from that Reddit it appears you are looking to release the 2nd Encore stuff as DLC on PC? I'm game. Finally a way to give you guys more money.

I am very glad this is true and I'm looking forward to it.
Still pissed off at people leaking tho. Mike can't go like "Surprise!" on Salty now. Makes me very sad

To be perfectly honest, this is our own fault. We didn't pay attention to when the new kiosk roll-out was going to be. If we had, we would've realized that the beans would be spilled when people started seeing the trailer we made. At least, I'd like to think we would've.

Fantastic news! I hope the non playable characters will also have voices. I want to put a voice to Umbrella's saltiness XD

Fantastic news! I hope the non playable characters will also have voices. I want to put a voice to Umbrella's saltiness XD

If the story is FULLY voiced, I'm sure everyone is going to get the treatment. :3 Dat sony money ;D

maxresdefault.jpg

Hi, all! It's true. Fully voiced story mode. Full announcement coming later today.
So it's confirmed! Great, now I can stop pretending like it doesn't exist!
This is great news, I love how there's always something to look forward to in this fandom.