• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Report Skullgirls 2nd Encore Up for Preorder!

Noticed that the store page mentions cross-play, but not the cross-buy. Usually the descriptions would mention that, some clarity for the buyer.

Reactions: Wenzel
Noticed that the store page mentions cross-play, but not the cross-buy. Usually the descriptions would mention that, some clarity for the buyer.

Thanks! We'll see if we can get that updated.

I assume they would give an official statement for a second encore patch/DLC/rerelease for PC. They've been pestered about it for awhile, so I thinking asking at this point is pointless. I assure you, once its possible, they'll let us know with holy fanfare :D

Is there any update on whether or not second encore is coming out for PC?

Nope! If there was something we could share publicly about it you would've heard it by now. ;)

If there is a physical copy, I really hope that's the cover art (from the store page) or at least something similar.
Also pre-ordering, even though I don't have a PS4 yet.

Off Topic:
I really want that store art as a poster/wallpaper/both

On Topic:
Debating whether to pre-order or not, don't own a PS4 and don't think I will have one for awhile.

Preordered and already put the wallpaper up on my PS4. Also told my friends about it who were interested in the game but sold off their PS3s for 4s way back when.

Aren't you pretty much paying $5 more not to have access to online play without PlayStation Plus?

I know Sony loves these kind of discount incentives, but it's still funny that Skullgirls even needs it.

its just me or SH (majority) doesn´t have PS4 but we don´t f*cking care and preorder the game, because we love this game lol
I can agree to that. I myself don't have a PS4, but I do have a Vita. However, I'm hoping to get a PS4 by the time MGSV:PP comes out.

I can agree to that. I myself don't have a PS4, but I do have a Vita. However, I'm hoping to get a PS4 by the time MGSV:PP comes out.
same has me! lol

same has me! lol
The Collector's Edition comes with a robotic hand, neat.

That web store link in the article is super important. First I went to the PSN store on PS3 and it wasn't there. Like Wenzel and Mr.NiceGuy, I'm in the "I don't have a PS4 yet" camp so having that alternate method to secure a copy of 2nd Encore was a relief.

PTNsX3A.jpg

Oh, and speaking of the blogpost by Lab Zero CEO Peter Bartholow, I think there might be a typo. Should it be "Robo Fortune" instead of "Robo-Fortune?" The article has the hyphen, when I recall @render settling the matter last month.

(I ask because it is in my compulsive nature to get all associated sites (here, the wiki, the wikia, the subreddit, etc.) to agree on the correct convention.)

That web store link in the article is super important. First I went to the PSN store on PS3 and it wasn't there. Like Wenzel and Mr.NiceGuy, I'm in the "I don't have a PS4 yet" camp so having that alternate method to secure a copy of 2nd Encore was a relief.

PTNsX3A.jpg

Oh, and speaking of the blogpost by Lab Zero CEO Peter Bartholow, I think there might be a typo. Should it be "Robo Fortune" instead of "Robo-Fortune?" The article has the hyphen, when I recall @render settling the matter last month.

(I ask because it is in my compulsive nature to get all associated sites (here, the wiki, the wikia, the subreddit, etc.) to agree on the correct convention.)

Without the hyphen is the correct way but, like, seriously? Sorry, not gonna waste time fixing that for you.

Where the heck have you BEEN? :^)

Life stuff and changes. I'll be popping in here and there.

want to send out a big CONGRATULATIONS! to you and the rest of the team, the game has shaped up a lot from last i remember.
Cant wait to mess around with Robo and play catch up with all the changes, the game is looking mighty spiffy!

Haven't seen this mentioned yet in this thread, but it appears the theme is a collaboration of four talented people:
a @Skullgirls tweet said:
We wanted to really make this theme special for our fans. @JunkPuyo @shihfufu @ashuraou and @sklathill really delivered!
source

That's backgrounds, art, icons, and music by people in the "friends and contractors of Lab Zero" category:
  • Vincent Diamante - Audio Engineer / Implenter
  • Brady Hartel - UI / Graphic Designer
  • shihfu - self-described on twitter as: Graphic designer who draws for a living. Works for Lab Zero and Grab Games.
  • Junk - uh, also going by twitter's description - Registered sex offender. (seriously though, you may recall Junk is the talented artist who drew the Valentine art used for her Steam card)
Are Vincent and Brady now part of Lab Zero? Their above contractor descriptions are from the IndieGoGo campaign. I figure they are closer to the inner circle because they appear in Beowulf's intros:
uYXjkLz.png

images collected by Evacino from here
Without the hyphen is the correct way but, like, seriously? Sorry, not gonna waste time fixing that for you.
I wasn't serious, just a detail I thought needed pointed out.
Well, a little internal consistency can go a long way. I agree it is very minor and a waste of your time to delete two hyphens in a blog, but think of the news articles that will cite it and propagate the slight, not-a-problem, irritating-only-for-the-insane, mistake. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to write an unnecessary, unwanted, essay-length comment about Oxford commas over at Reddit

Since the hyphen appears in the original Indiegogo campaign, this very website for her section, and just about every source of information for Skullgirls you can think of, I don't think it will ever go away really. Trying to remove it from public consciousness at this point might not be worth it.

So if the urge comes to correct someone for using it, let it pass and just tell yourself what a fool they are for not knowing the truth.

Reactions: BallotBoxer
Why is the correct version not hyphenated? I've almost never seen it without one and Robo-Ky is hyphenated. I'm not arguing that Render is wrong, I'm just asking why this is the case?

Why is the correct version not hyphenated? I've almost never seen it without one and Robo-Ky is hyphenated. I'm not arguing that Render is wrong, I'm just asking why this is the case?
Because that was what we decided upon. What kinda strange question is this? :^P

Apparently I've been writing it wrong in the patch notes forever, oh well.

[edit] Thus can you see the difference between render, who's nice, and me, who's not. :^)

Darn it! I fixed it on the Wikia anyhow. Speaking of which, is 2nd Encore definitely spelt without a colon? Seems to be the most common way it's spelt on official stuff like this, but it bothers me how I see loads of journalists spell it Skullgirls: 2nd Encore.

Also this is slightly of off-topic, but the voice cast list for 2nd Encore is missing the most important voice credit of them all - Rachel Wong! The all-important news reporter that appears at the start of Parasoul's story! And the mysterious boob-lady Double trasforms into in Squigly's story if that counts.

I know the release date on the store page is just an estimate, but 2-3 months give or take is pretty close to my Birthday so It's pretty great I can celebrate by buying this! The thought of me getting rekt in Survival Mode while on the train is downright mind-imploding!

EDIT: 2nd Encore can be found in the store without a link now!
PRE-ORDER HYPE!.png

Last edited:
Darn it! I fixed it on the Wikia anyhow. Speaking of which, is 2nd Encore definitely spelt without a colon? Seems to be the most common way it's spelt on official stuff like this, but it bothers me how I see loads of journalists spell it Skullgirls: 2nd Encore.

We don't use a colon, and it doesn't bother us that journalists do. Better get used to it. :)

evacino said:
Also this is slightly of off-topic, but the voice cast list for 2nd Encore is missing the most important voice credit of them all - Rachel Wong! The all-important news reporter that appears at the start of Parasoul's story! And the mysterious boob-lady Double trasforms into in Squigly's story if that counts.

Uhh, I'll have to double check on our end. If you're referring to this list then it omits a minor roles, but I also don't see her listed on our internal VA credits list. Since I don't know who you are, can you please tell me how you know that Rachel Wong voiced that role?

EDIT: Solved. She's technically on there. Just not as "Rachel Wong". ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: evacino and Era
I'm about to pre-order this!!!!

I'll get salty if I didn't...

The doctrine of stare decisis (judicial precedent) has won the case.

Oh, and it just looks better with the hyphen too.

Reactions: BallotBoxer
Render, you're frightening me, do you need help?

Lab Zero is still working with Autumn Games and Marvelous to see if it's possible for 2nd Encore content to be released on PC, that hasn't changed. Lab Zero has said that there might be an exclusivity period, but I think everyone can agree that later is better than never.

I honestly do not mind a long exclusivity period. Game is fun enough as it is playing with even one friend, and watching the meta evolve as the game nears completion. I am patient enough to wait to savor voiced story mode, If there's one i really wanna hear i can use youtube.

Oh, Skullgirls is coming to Ps4? Wonderful! Will pre-order as soon as I have money. I feel bad only paying $3 for this game on PC :PUN:

Will non-US accounts eventually be able to pre-order it?