• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Report Skullgirls 2nd Encore Up for Preorder!

Will non-US accounts eventually be able to pre-order it?

Sounds like someone didn't read the source article.

What About Europe?

Sony Europe’s pre-order system works a bit differently and they were full, so there will be no pre-order campaign for the EU.

However, we’re working with SCEE to include the theme free with all purchases made in the first few weeks of release.

I don't know if you're in Europe though, since you just said non-US.

Me and Robo-Fortune have something in common now!

#TeamHyphens

is it possible to share the source work for the 2nd Encore art?

Sounds like someone didn't read the source article.
Whoops. My bad, render :( And yeah, I'm UK, so I guess you'll simply get my money day-1 instead.

Are Vincent and Brady now part of Lab Zero? Their above contractor descriptions are from the IndieGoGo campaign. I figure they are closer to the inner circle because they appear in Beowulf's intros:
uYXjkLz.png

images collected by Evacino from here

Brady and Vince have been with us since the beginning, and will continue to work with us in some capacity forever.

However, neither is a "full time" Lab Zero employee... yet.

TAKE MY MONEY DARN IT!!! Lol been waiting for this... Gonna preorder... Or die trying

*thinks i might be the only SH user with a ps4*

Lab Zero is still working with Autumn Games and Marvelous to see if it's possible for 2nd Encore content to be released on PC, that hasn't changed. Lab Zero has said that there might be an exclusivity period, but I think everyone can agree that later is better than never.
Does "more afterimages for supers" count as a PS4 thing that could be on PC?

It looked pretty cool on stream last night.

Does "more afterimages for supers" count as a PS4 thing that could be on PC?
It looked pretty cool on stream last night.
Kinda. It's a compile-time option right now, making it a runtime option is not as easy as it should be.

Are super shadows an option you can disable? Just curious because if it's something only available in some versions it would be weird to force it in the ones that have it. More so if it's PS4 exclusive.

Are super shadows an option you can disable? Just curious because if it's something only available in some versions it would be weird to force it in the ones that have it. More so if it's PS4 exclusive.
They're in all versions, just PS4 has more...so, what?

Reactions: Flotilla
Increased super shadows, sorry retyped it and it ended up like that. It's more noticeable on the PS4 to an extreme. Not that they're bad or anything.

If they're not bad, why would there be an option to disable them? Or more specifically, why ask if such a feature will exist?

Because all the PS4 content, features, etc. aren't part of actual matches. It's an aesthetic so it doesn't actually matter, but it is in modes that are across all platforms, so I thought it might exist. I mean in a PS3 vs PS4 match are they just toned down or does your opponent just not see them?

Also, just because I don't not like them doesn't mean someone else doesn't dislike them?

Last edited:
Because all the PS4 content, features, etc. aren't part of actual matches. It's an aesthetic so it doesn't actually matter, but it is in modes that are across all platforms, so I thought it might exist. I mean in a PS3 vs PS4 match are they just toned down or does your opponent just not see them?
Again, what?
The PS3 sees PS3 versions (1 shadow) and the PS4 sees PS4 versions (5 shadows). Considering it makes zero difference to gameplay, just like 2D vs 3D backgrounds.
How about we move on...

How about we move on...
I'll take that.

The pre-order theme is really nice, will the music be included on the soundtrack?

ive been wondering. how is ps4 going to activate the placeholder music on Glass Canopy without a keyboard?

Ok, I pre ordered yesterday (even though I don't have a PS4) but I have one (most likely dumb)question, will I need a PS4 to download the Vita version? I'm asking because as stated earlier, the store page makes no mention of the Vita version.

Just wanted to clear up if I got both or have to wait till I can scrounge up enough money for a PS4.

Reactions: Mr.NiceGuy
will I need a PS4 to download the Vita version?
Good question, some cross-buy game have that feature. If I recall, L0 mentioned that the Vita would be ready to download upon release, for that version. Another good question, how many GB is needed for the Vita?

Edit: Pre-Order Confirmed
tumblr_nof3q668rv1tpiwxmo1_500.gif

Last edited:
Supreme trailer :D

Nicely done trailer ensuring people are aware of how the roster grew since vanilla (+including beast of gehenna as a sign of "look, old characters gained things as well").

Organising it into pairs of two characters fighting back and forth was a good decision, too. As chaotic Skullgirls gameplay is to a new player, this should help give people a general idea of what theme each character has without getting (too) confused with "what is even going on", all within a short 1,5 minute presentation so that no one loses interest before the trailer ends.

Doth my ears device me or does new music start around Beowulf/Eliza?

I believe wanna say that was made for the trailers specifically

It was also the music for the launch trailer for Vanilla SG

Wow! And that's only the roster summary. I hope they make another trailer that collects all the new features (a glance at a few challenges, a snippet of fully-voiced story mode, etc.).

The trailer is perfect. From the sharp black and magenta motion graphics to concisely cramming 14 characters into 90 seconds. Well, almost perfect...
Someone forgot the hyphen in Robo-Fortune's name

Yeah the trailer was good for showing off the new characters/stages, but it didn't really advertise the new 2nd Encore features which casuals that don't closely follow this game development won't learn from that trailer.

Some people are already having to explain in the YT comments with the "is that it?" remarks. Unless another trailer is planned for the features it would have been a good idea to just list the new stuff somewhere in there assuming you guys don't have any visual examples for the video yet.

Maybe sneaking a mention at the end that if you pre-order you get an exclusive PS4 theme wouldn't hurt either just to get that more people aware of that incentive.

Something I wish the trailer did was highlight some of more notable changes characters have, like Filia doing throw xx ringlet, showing a little of Val's new bypass, Fortune kicking her head in new ways and such. Double got to show off her monster super, which was perfect, stuff like that.

Something I wish the trailer did was highlight some of more notable changes characters have, like Filia doing throw xx ringlet, showing a little of Val's new bypass, Fortune kicking her head in new ways and such. Double got to show off her monster super, which was perfect, stuff like that.

Nah, this trailer its to sell copys, casual gamers are interested in new characters that´s why was the focus of this trailer.

Oh man I love that Beo and Eliza are on the same screen <3 Same with fukua and robo!

Loved this trailer, one of my favorites thus far. Keep kicking butt, everyone!

Pre-ordered
looking forward to playing voiced story mode loool
Whoever voices Ileum I know will just make my heart drop

Time to re-live those waves of emotions the DLC stories create.

Very cool trailer LZ! Hope you got some positive feedback from people at E3

Reactions: Wenzel