• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Event Skullgirls at Combo Breaker begins TONIGHT!

9:23 PM EST - the stream is back! Come watch Top 8!

TeamSp00ky - http://www.twitch.tv/TeamSp00ky

EDIT: Might as well generate a transcript as evidence of the area's terrible ISP

9:41 PM EST - stream goes down for about a minute

10:04 PM EST - just as deskillsage picks Beowulf -- STREAM CRASH :(

10:07 PM EST - Stream alive (◕‿◕)

10:09 PM EST - Stream dead (x__x)

10:30 PM EST - Stream still dead Skullgirls Top 8 over

Shoutouts to TeamSp00ky: honzo typing the play-by-play in the chat while Sp00ky maintaining the recording (I presume it will be uploaded to YouTube)​

Last edited:
Well the stream is down 90% of the time anyway so who cares what it shows up as /
It was fine at first....and then the fire nation came.....

EDIT:
Wait is the venue's internet down. I cant seem to find any Combobreaker streams. I dont think Spooky is the only streamer.

EDIT2: Yup. Seems like it.

Last edited:
I wasn't expecting to get depressed tonight but here we are!

Man this is pretty depressing......it just means that next year I should probably just go to Combo Breaker.

t7tMqpe.png

whats the word on saturday night salt?
Team Spooky's stream is back up again, so maybe the day is still saved? I dunno.
[e] bgcallisto just said in chat that he'd try rebooting everything to stream since Spooky's stream has been up without interruption for about 20 minutes now, we might be in there. Link to where Saturday Night Salt is if it's streamed.

Last edited:
ok saturday night salt is happening.

i hope, sometime later this week, sp00ky can rebroadcast the finals for all the games that didn't get streamed since I assume everything was recorded.

Last edited:
I missed the begining (MKXauction tournament was interesting), but fortunately I can catch a few minutes of this ^_^

so saturday night salt just ended, but it got too late and there wasn't enough time for weekly updates from mike, so are they getting moved to sunday?

or will it just wait until next friday?

I know that the top 8 stream was largely a failure but for a little while we were in there. I understand that we are not suppose compare Sg to other games in terms of entries or viewership but see the stream with 10,800 viewers felt pretty good.

From people asking why one player had a two man team and the other had a three man team, To other people trying to remind the community that Sg is a dead game the twitch chat wad pretty entertaining.

Last edited:
Hey there was a guy who made it to top 16 named Fuzzy Snugs. He was using Squigly/Eliza (Dive of Horus) so there you go two characters you want to know about.
Link to his stream vid?? And yeah fuzzys cool

Was top 8 not streamed? i was at work but I heard something about top 8 didn't get main stream time

If the stream didn't happen were the matches still recorded?

Was top 8 not streamed? i was at work but I heard something about top 8 didn't get main stream time
only portions of top 8 got streamed due to isp issues. had to resort to doing commentary over stream chat.

only portions of top 8 got streamed due to isp issues. had to resort to doing commentary over stream chat.
So Who won?

For the 120 minutes set aside for Top 8, only 38 minutes were on the stream in between outages.

Rather than reading Honzo of TeamSp00ky's helpful transcriptions, I decided to wait for Sp00ky to upload to YouTube to see Top 8.

Speaking of terrible ISPs...
connection to the ISP itself. We'll be suing later this week.
- Rick (theHadou) on twitter
Combo Breaker plays the Swords of Revealing Light Lawyer card!

For the 120 minutes set aside for Top 8, only 38 minutes were on the stream in between outages.

Rather than reading Honzo of TeamSp00ky's helpful transcriptions, I decided to wait for Sp00ky to upload to YouTube to see Top 8.

Speaking of terrible ISPs...

Combo Breaker plays the Swords of Revealing Light Lawyer card!
Wait, are they suing the venue(what I'm assuming) or the ISP? I mean if the venue legit paid for good internet (and has proof like bills or renovation invoices), but the ISP failed to provide, then it seems difficult to directly blame the venue. I suppose it depends on the contract signed. That said, it's business as usual. Even if the venue is being sued, they could attempt to sue the ISP for reparations....depending on the contract signed of course.

I have my idea about who won, but I hope I can hold the suspense and not get spoiled before we can watch the recordings.

Didn't manage to watch the stream but how many people were watching? (even a best guess is okay)
hope it's a good number

Didn't manage to watch the stream but how many people were watching? (even a best guess is okay)
hope it's a good number

A little over 10,000 people

Saw it go over 11k before the first or second time the stream died, but it never really recovered. The average was somewhere between 8-9k. Still pretty good considering all the cut outs.

Surprisingly, most of the shit talk was coming from like two or three people. It seemed like most anyone else that didn’t want to watch the game just left. I also noticed more generally positive talk about SG in other stream chats I was in Sunday morning, but that was mostly Xrd.

No vids of sg seem to be up on team spookys YouTube yet.

Hoping against hope that they got recorded and will be put up shortly...

Probably have their hands full right now. Unless they have someone dedicated to transferring, categorizing, and uploading all of it, then I wouldn't expect to see any of it until the middle of this week.

I heard that the community combo video was supposed to be premiered during combo breaker. Did that not end up happening?

Someone from TeamSp00ky just said in stream chat that they’re the only CB stream still up because they got the ISP to run another line and the venue’s net is still down.

I heard that the community combo video was supposed to be premiered during combo breaker. Did that not end up happening?
I unwisely let a 3v3 tourny reach 13 teams, so that's all we had time for. We had to cut exhibitions, grudge matches, the CMV, and awesome new build notes from Mike :*(

I should've told keninblack to cut it at 8 teams, but I just misjudged the time needed, so it's mostly my fault. Live and learn, I guess.

I unwisely let a 3v3 tourny reach 13 teams, so that's all we had time for. We had to cut exhibitions, grudge matches, the CMV, and awesome new build notes from Mike :*(

I should've told keninblack to cut it at 8 teams, but I just misjudged the time needed, so it's mostly my fault. Live and learn, I guess.
That's a bummer. Any idea if/when it'll be shown to the public?

Next Saturday Night Salt maybe?

That's a bummer. Any idea if/when it'll be shown to the public?
6-Let and Ninja would likely just upload it themselves, at this point.