• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls Beta Aug 5th Patch Discussion

I have an idea about M shadow if it's not too much. If you could change the animation to M drill, or Fukua's jMP that could work.

It gets rid of the M clone shenanigans.
She's already pretty much her own lock down.
Would still be good at neutral.
It wouldn't be a hitgrab or anything making L useful as a low that can be used against armor.
Allow for midscreen conversions while not being free at the same time.
It would give her some good oki pressure especially since she's more setplay oriented now.
It would fit with the whole Zato thing he has going on because he has a lockdown of sorts

I don't know just a thought.
Anything wrong with it? problems, I'm not seeing?
Just trying to be helpful.

Idk if this is a thing or like what the deal is? but i've noticed many times while doing L beam or M beam as robo against Parasoul's egret shield it will get rid of him and hit her after its been active for a couple frames?? idk its just weird or confusing and im not sure what the deal is
Parasoul's M egret shield isn't good against it because the hitboxes overlap in 1 frame, as is the nature of beams. I tried giving some input on how to make it better in an earlier post. but yeah it dies to lasers and a TON of other things. *gets eyes of argused on reaction*

I like the new speed in Sewer now as it gives consistent zoner opponents a bit more to worry about, but I dislike how it forces the opponent to slide across the ground. Maybe others will have some different results but I found the combing potential off of it very limited; using Sewer in the corner on someone seems very limited now as Eliza must mash pretty hard to catch the thrown opponent with c.lk or use exclusively c.mk for a more reliable catch. The new version, corner and midscreen, eliminates mixups generated by quickly resetting the opponent after the throw (such as [Old Sewer] -> s.mp -> [Some mixup]) and forces Eliza into at least a short combo. I would be in favor of going back to old "screen bounce" version, complete with difficult catches. I'm not sure how Mike feels about that being an assist though, since the new version generates a green bounce. I'm curious how other Eliza players feel.

Converting off level 3 is a bit more consistent now, but still very difficult on Double and Big Band at midscreen. Being difficult is fine though, since Eliza can now convert on both of them with [Upper Kaht M -> H] . Previously she could not.

@Mike_Z , would it possible to consider taking a look at Eliza's Lady of Slaughter being unsafe on hit in the corner? At midscreen, Eliza spaces out quite comfortably and is very safe; in the corner, the anchor falls dangerously close to the opponent and lands a small distance from Sekhmet, making the super dangerous to use. The time it takes for Sekhmet to fall, crawl the small distance to the anchor, and transform back into Eliza almost guarantees she'll be on the defense coming out of the super, with the opponent being to tech left / right and then basically perform high / low / throw / snapout. The fact that each character has a different wakeup time makes it difficult to judge whether Sekhmet should stay out or take the risk of returning to the anchor. I don't think the rest of the cast has a similar problem, but correct me if I'm wrong.

why do skullgirls players not wet themselves over hard/sliding knockdowns? you get such good setups.
everybody wants damage over setups these days

Oh ummm hi, Im Triv, and this is my first forum post.

I disagree, I feel Robo's det mode and how beams work during, has severely worked against her possible combo game.

I also am neutral twoards robo's detonate timer being reset upon her switching out and being tagged (In any way back in)
I feel this shouldnt be the case if the player tag's in robo, because there are several setups that can work in robo's favor to basically get unscaled level 3 detmode damage.

An example of this is a tag reset combo i use with squigly/robo, doing Squigly's first hit of s.mp while the oponent is in the air in the corner, and using their backwards movement to switch into robo for a reset, OTG Pickup with Detonation, and do a combo.

Certain corner det mode combos for robo are also nullified as a result of sliding knockdown with beams, so i wondered if maybe it would be neat if robo could cause a vertical boost upward when hitting a character with DetMode Beam, thus to allow better combo's in the corner (now that beams have stupid damage) especially coupling nice with her 2 beams in the air upgrade.

Im not as adamant with any other of robo's changes other than her det mode changes.

What if manually tagging her in (raw, DHC, alpha counter) gives you the instant detonation, but not getting snapped in or point dying?

Some beta jhk silliness:

Two recordings set to random with different assist timings. WHEN DO I CHANGE THE DIRECTION I BLOCK

Done as low to the ground as possible, jmk X 2 jhk is -5. If you only do the first hit of jmk into jhk, it's safe and sometimes not even minus.

Converting off level 3 is a bit more consistent now, but still very difficult on Double and Big Band at midscreen.

I'm sorry, but, I totally disagree

Nvm, removed because i'm dumb.

Last edited:
Reactions: Receita Federal
Mike.

Whenever fukua holds a shadow, can she be allowed for a buffer. like say i do this for a set up.

s.hp, j.hk, c.mp c.hp, H shadow (hold)

At this point i would like to dash up to do c.lk c.mp for my setup. the problem is that dashing becomes walk forward after holding the shadow and its proving to be a bit irksome especially on parasoul weights and above.

What if manually tagging her in (raw, DHC, alpha counter) gives you the instant detonation, but not getting snapped in or point dying?
isnt that already the case

isnt that already the case
IDK, shows how often I use detonation in retail I guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Though while we're on the subject of detonation and tagging, that reminds me of one thing I've been meaning to bring up. Can the window to DHC out of detonation be made a little wider? I find it needlessly frustrating the times I do try to use it just to get out of there but instead I end up missing the DHC.

It's literally one of the beta changes, dude. She gets half her timer left if she has less than half of it and she is forced in.

IDK, shows how often I use detonation in retail I guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Though while we're on the subject of detonation and tagging, that reminds me of one thing I've been meaning to bring up. Can the window to DHC out of detonation be made a little wider? I find it needlessly frustrating the times I do try to use it just to get out of there but instead I end up missing the DHC.
It's 8F, same as install.
Yeah, it's pretty tight.

Mike knows about the length.

Had a chance to try some of these changes. The Peacock air grab change is actually pretty subtle, but in retail I had trouble on Squigly and Filia/Fukua getting air grab > j.LK > s.LP to connect consistently. Sometimes they would be too far away and the s.LP would whiff. In beta I'm getting that every time on those characters. Nice.

Changes to Big Band's parry are interesting. The fact that you can button dash and react to beams or other projectiles with down parry I think will help him get in against zoning without committing to hard reads. I'm pretty bad at actually doing that and was getting it maybe 25% of the time but I hadn't practiced it beforehand.

Just thought of something
I have been doing Beowulf raw tag-in right into double snap when I'm corner pressured.
I feel this is very cheap. You can use it like a semi-invulnerable reversal AND it crosses up.
Beowulf's snap hits pretty far so they don't even have to be very close to the corner.
Seems like an enormous punishment for a small mistake like not blocking a cross up raw tag.

I have been doing Beowulf raw tag-in right into double snap when I'm corner pressured.
I feel this is very cheap. You can use it like a semi-invulnerable reversal AND it crosses up.
Beowulf's snap hits pretty far so they don't even have to be very close to the corner.
Seems like an enormous punishment for a small mistake like not blocking a cross up raw tag.

It's fair since Beowulf cannot Double Snap without his chair, unless he has Beat Extend assist. Beowulf, although not necessarily one of the best characters, is very balanced already.

Beo's not good? News to me. frogsplat into hop safe jumps is kiiiiiiinda great.

CpTAJuFVYAEOcAu.jpg

Mike.

Whenever fukua holds a shadow, can she be allowed for a buffer. like say i do this for a set up.

s.hp, j.hk, c.mp c.hp, H shadow (hold)

At this point i would like to dash up to do c.lk c.mp for my setup. the problem is that dashing becomes walk forward after holding the shadow and its proving to be a bit irksome especially on parasoul weights and above.
Are you dashing with punches or with stick? I'm able to dash with stick pretty consistently

So I would like to talk about Ms.fortune

Specifically her DP. Would it butcher her if either we limited it to one fiber per combo or have it scaled to 75%.
It is the only mobility dp off the top of my head, happy b-days and can easily corner carry 60% of the screen even using otg.
Now if she happy b-day'd with the ground chain of c.lk s.mk s.hk, she can corner to corner carry into double snap.

It does use an assist but these assist are very common and useful for things other than corner carry like so.

Edit: @MegamanDS I thought i was just me but it turns out several fukua players have problem doing the dash sometimes. its a minor annoyance since if you mess up the dash by some frames then c.lk c.mp doesn't work out as well.

da44484c12.jpg
Is this in the patch notes? I found this because I'm bad.

can corner carry 60% 80% of the screen even using otg
But I'd be willing to test a scaling change to see if it would change too much outside of happy birthdays. Though right now, I'm enjoying killing the assist 2v3 at full health, even without snapping.

I feel like it would change her too much though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lex
I don't think it's a big deal. Beowulf's tag takes longer to make contact if he tags in while the point character is cornered, so the attacker has a lot more time to react. If you call your assist and also can't react to that, maybe you should lose a character. That's how I feel.

Reactions: PME
Edit: @MegamanDS I thought i was just me but it turns out several fukua players have problem doing the dash sometimes. its a minor annoyance since if you mess up the dash by some frames then c.lk c.mp doesn't work out as well.
Are you using the stick or 2 punches? And yes, I agree that something weird is going on but can't figure it out.

Dashing is fine for me. I don't button dash though.

I thought i was just me but it turns out several fukua players have problem doing the dash sometimes. its a minor annoyance since if you mess up the dash by some frames then c.lk c.mp doesn't work out as well.
It seems like dashing is slightly odd in this setup and maybe a small buffer could help, but I'm honestly not having trouble doing it. I dash by inputting forward like 3 times and she'll bust out running almost every time (when she doesn't it's cause I mess up).

Edit:
Missiles is a ridiculous assist. Give me like 2 more days with it if possible, but I have a feeling it might need to be toned down a little bit.
It sorta feels like Butcher's Blade assist, but it doesn't cost meter. In the same combo you can call it, then call it again for a safe mixup, and if you guess right you can call it for three heads and DHC into Robo (or do the reset again). At least, that's what Bella can do with it, and what I'm imagining is too good about it.

Last edited:
@Mike_Z Is Big Band Supposed to Auto Tech (Tech without pressing buttons, only holding direction) on the early parts of his jHK? You can get him to do this through up through the ~5th active frame and most of the time before the active if he got knocked down. Doesn't affect button teching anywhere, and it's not like it's a problem, but just wanted to check in case it was an unintended behavior.

It is the only mobility dp off the top of my head, happy b-days and can easily corner carry 60% of the screen even using otg.

I don't see how this is really special when a lot of the others (probably over half the cast) can either corner carry or side-switch on happy birthday from anywhere on the screen, with or without using Drill assist too.