• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls Beta Aug 5th Patch Discussion

In retail the combo does around 9.7k damage and in beta I was able to consistently get around 11.8k damage. .

You should probably be doing the combo with 1.0 ratio because... Para doesn't EVER do that much damage. :^P

The standard convention is saying how much damage something does with 1.0 ratio.

You should probably be doing the combo with 1.0 ratio because... Para doesn't EVER do that much damage. :^P

The standard convention is saying how much damage something does with 1.0 ratio.

Well, I do use 1.0 ratio; I never speak of damage considering 1v2 or 1v3 for increased ratio. The normal settings I use during practice are:
- 1 v 1
- 5 meters (not infinite).
- No counterhits
- Enemy has block/burst after 1 hit.
- Enemy's health 100%.

Everything else is set to default.

It does different amounts of damage depending on when you use the bikes.

500 > 1000 is the damage increase when they are fully scaled.

You can post your combo if you're still confused.

It does different amounts of damage depending on when you use the bikes.

500 > 1000 is the damage increase when they are fully scaled.

You can post your combo if you're still confused.
Motor Brigade is used at the very end of the combo (twice) so I was considering fully scaled damage of +500 times 2 for an increase of ~1000 overall but as I stated before the difference is of about ~2000. I'll post a replay later today, at this moment I can't since I'm "working".

I did a similar combo in beta and retail and the damage difference is ~1000 with two bikes and a level 3.
Whatever you did in the beta you must have done slightly differently.

After getting a sufficient number of rollers, I gotta say that it feels really neutered now. Sure, it's a whole lot easier to convert off of without spending meter if for some reason Peacock manages to run out of meter. But on the flipside you can be pretty much assured that it's not hitting anything in the neutral anymore. A high-low or crossup mixup using the level 3 item drop that normally would have connected on a defending player if it were literally any other item instead now feels like it gets blocked for free.

Similarly, the change to sweep letting me disable its hitbox gives me some really ambiguous high-low mixups. I don't know how I feel about it because it also really messes up combos or armor reads when I accidentally hold the button for too long.

Well, after many tries and lots of frame drops the best I got is this:

I may have used tears at the beginning when I saw 11.8k but I can't remember honestly; Liam may be right afterall. I'll still keep this ~1.2k difference which is still great for parasoul.

Reactions: gllt
Now that Beo's taunt gives him 3 hype, I can't taunt-bait with airwulf on incoming!! xd

But man, looking forward to his new changes, for better or for worse. I hope since he is so much more intricate and less "brain-dead," people will stop calling me dishonest rip

Not really worried disheartened about the hkd change. After having a panic attack, I realized that I never really used it that often anyways. The magic of tech chasing will always be in my heart.

@Psychopath If the goal is conversions how would you feel about it launching as high as Lenny ?

I don't 100% get the road roller flash stuff but if she's supposed to get a confirm in exchange for the opponent knowing exactly when it's coming that doesn't sound very good.

@Psychopath If the goal is conversions how would you feel about it launching as high as Lenny ?

I don't 100% get the road roller flash stuff but if she's supposed to get a confirm in exchange for the opponent knowing exactly when it's coming that doesn't sound very good.
I mean I've never really had an issue converting off roller since I typically have meter to spare almost all the time. However, having the same angle as other level 3s does give her some consistency when it comes to conversions, since there are times where a roller can and will mess up a combo (mostly aircombos).

Like in terms of giving the opponent an opportunity to react, it feels way too lenient as it currently is since they have enough time between the roller spawning and the roller hitting the ground for them to change their block based on where Peacock is. However I am on the fence about letting an opponent be able to cancel into an invuln attack to nullify it in the first place. On one hand they leave themselves open to a counterhit punish and depending on the character they may need to spend meter for that, but on the other hand what's the point of road roller if you effectively get a 1 in 20 chance for overhead item drop mixups to just not hit their target?

Reactions: Mr Peck
10/25/2016 Patch

Patch Notes

"The WULF has returned to..the...wait, what?"
25 OCTOBER - MIKE Z
Aroooo ready, WULFAMANIACS?!
Train, play your games, eat your vitamins! Be true to yourself, true to your country - be a REAL Canopolitan!"

--Linux/Mac are not updated yet, because the hard drive on the remote build machine is full. --

As always, the full changelist is HERE.

General
- Title screen updated to “2nd Encore+”, thanks Brady!!!
- All new intro animations are now complete. (NOW you can tell us if you find cleanup errors! :^)
- [overdue bugfix] The training dummy will now properly ground-tech after Beowulf's grab finishers when they are done after he's already used an OTG, and in other situations where it failed to properly tech. It still won’t tech if that input would trigger a burst. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU FIND ANY NEW SITUATIONS where the dummy does a move they aren't supposed to, bursts when they shouldn’t, or doesn’t ground-tech when they should!

Beowulf
- When chairless, he only takes the 50 extra chip damage from blocking physical attacks now, not from blocking projectiles.
- j.D+HK now jumps forward off the chair, giving him a strange new air mobility option.
- s.LK recovery -3, now is +/-0 on hit and -1 on block instead of -3 on hit and -4 on block. It’s a standing low, so I think that’s good enough.
- The automatic “time’s up” ending for grounded grabs during supers is now Grendel Killa instead of Wulf Press Slam. It looks cooler, does more damage, and fixes a bug. :^)
- Cerebella can't reflect the Hurting Hurl when Beowulf is the point character, because he only gets one chance to toss it before he has to get it back. Assist Hurl is still reflectable.
- Hype building improvements:
Taunt grants all 3 levels.
s.LP hold grants one level in 45f instead of 95f.
Landing on the chair with a normal Killa/Wulfdog/Press now gives 2 levels of hype, even during supers.
- The goal is to make Hype is much more central to his gameplan, so now, Beowulf can spend Hype on lots of things! Use PP or KK to spend one level of Hype on:
-- EX Wulf Blitzer by using KK or PP for the final redirect, allows movement and blocking afterward. Once per jump. His recovery is still significantly long.
-- He can now cancel chairless armored normals (c.HP or c.HK) into chair pickup for 1 level of Hype.
-- EX Da Grendel Killa floor bounces and allows combos afterward.
-- EX Diving Wulfdog regrabs them.
-- EX Wulf Press Slam regrabs them.
-- EX Canis Major Press causes the old hard knockdown; and yes, that means that normal Canis Major Press knockdown is now ground-techable.
-- EX Geatish Trepak now causes wall stick; regular Geatish Trepak now knocks the opponent across the screen.
-- All EX grab finishers scale the combo to 55% like regular command grabs, and the re-grab ones apply a hit of damage scaling. All EX finishers cannot land on the chair.
-- You can’t repeat the same EX finisher during a combo, but you can do different ones.
- The referee pin activation life threshold is now 1800; referee pin will activate off any Canis Major Press as long the hype level Beowulf has PLUS the number of hype levels spent in the current combo is at least 3, so if you start off with 3 levels and spend them all, you can still do the pin. it should be useable a lot more often now.
- Wulfamania improvements:
-- Drastically extended the grab range.
-- Fixed the active frames to work more like Ultimate Showstopper.
-- Completely redid the the catch animation. :^)
-- Upon grabbing them, Beowulf is automatically granted maximum hype (3 levels).
-- No more special properties on grabs during it, but now since he has EX grabs you can use 3 of those.
- Damage reductions, because his damage potential went up:
-- All M and H normals, and Wulf Blitzer, -25 damage per hit.
-- Chairless c.HK -100 damage.
-- Gigantic Arm -250 damage.
-- This all affects his standard combos by around -150 to -250 damage. This IS ALMOST DEFINITELY NOT ENOUGH of a nerf to offset the extra Hype damage potential, so be prepared for more reductions, especially on finishers.

Valentine
- K > P special move priority: QCT+P+K = Savage Bypass now, instead of Dead Cross. (NEW part is oops, I had only changed it for the ground versions. :^P Air Savage Bypass motion priority is now higher than air Dead Cross. Thanks Datagram)

Wall stick on hyped chair dance is too cool.

Last edited:
- K > P special move priority: QCT+P+K = Savage Bypass now, instead of Dead Cross. (NEW part is oops, I had only changed it for the ground versions. :^P Air Savage Bypass motion priority is now higher than air Dead Cross. Thanks Datagram)

AAAAAAH this is even worse

Yeah, I can't think of any situations aside from combos where I would want bypass to come out instead of dead cross. I would vastly prefer P > K for special move priority.

welp. thanks to being stuck in class all day i'm not going to be getting my grubby little hands on this until midnight great.

Man, Beowulf can do some pretty insane combos now. This has to be further nerfed, right?
Also, I think there's a bug with his J2hK (aside from its ridiculously short recovery):
when you hit with J2hK and combo off it, the second string is still at stage 1 rather than 2
This isn't how it's supposed to be, is it?

One thing unrelated to this patch:
Can this be looked at for the next build?
Watch the first combo and skip to 0:45 if you want to save time
All I hope is it either work at both sides or don't work at both sides...please
Why do some stuff work at the right side of the corner but not the left?
By the way, I feel Parasoul's helicopter will make a better winning pose than an intro pose if the sequence is reversed...just a thought.

Last edited:
Can Bella reflect anything from point Beowulf anymore? I sort of liked that there was at least one move that reflector worked on in every matchup.

Yeah you can get 8.6k~ midscreen with 3 hype

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

Yeah you can get 8.6k~ midscreen with 3 hype

at max undizzy

at max undizzy
Gotta confirm that myself but I could always get 7.3k with H a train at max undizzy. haven't tested what it's like with the new changes yet.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

Kind of want to bring attention to this just briefly

Mike mentions 9.2k for 3 meters and no prior resources is too much, but a few characters can do similar or more damage for the same conditions. Not to discredit him from actually doing too much damage right now, because he definitely might be (will post video soon) but I don't think this particular video really makes it look too good.

How much damage is he getting by including EX finishers mid combo? I know he can tack on 3 EX finishers at the end of his retail combos and do around 900 more than retail.

I haven't tested midcombo stuff yet. I get about 7.5k with 3 bars of hype at max undizzy(no assist). My max undizzy combo with H train went to 9k...which is insane...

Edit: Got 8.5k+ midscreen if hype used mid combo(no assist).

Last edited:
I got some wild stuff I record. Meterless 8K+ without assist or 3 hype kind of wild. Throw in A-train or excella assist and it gets crazy. Chopping it up and editing right now.

Mike mentions 9.2k for 3 meters and no prior resources is too much, but a few characters can do similar or more damage for the same conditions. Not to discredit him from actually doing too much damage right now, because he definitely might be (will post video soon) but I don't think this particular video really makes it look too good.
Yeah I can get 10.6k from cLK as Double just by throwing level 3 on the end of the combo.
Landing a cLK is a way more reliable starter than Beowulf's level 3, too.

I think the video is more "he is fine", not he is busted? The title and description sure don't seem to point to that.