• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls: Get GR8 (NA) with N and Three Dog

The NA/EU signups for the week of 4/9/2016 are here, and the links are at the bottom! Very fun stream last week, everyone who could make it knows we had a blast! If you couldn't make it to the last stream, make sure you don't miss out on this one!

So can I try and guest commentate this week?

can I try and guest commentate
I'll get in touch with you some time this week, handle a couple of formalities, go over some rules, play a few games with you in a call. I do this to anyone who wants to guest commentate. Basically, if you're not an ass, you're good :)

I'll get in touch with you some time this week, handle a couple of formalities, go over some rules, play a few games with you in a call. I do this to anyone who wants to guest commentate. Basically, if you're not an ass, you're good :)
I'm such a mean person watch out O.O

I'm such a mean person watch out O.O

Josh has many life lessons to share. He is the perfect fit. The perfectest of fittestest.

Josh has many life lessons to share. He is the perfect fit. The perfectest of fittestest.
You are making me blush ^-^

We go live at 4 PM ET, hope everyone is ready! Here are the match-ups:

Beginner:
  • scrwnames vs Duck
  • speedySonic vs Bubbabolly
  • The Beverly Hillbilly vs OPEN/TCM

Intermediate:
  • Vamp vs OPEN/TCM
  • Façade vs Wingdings
  • Penumbra vs Mega Missingno.
  • N0837 vs Sunset Radiance
  • Kyugetsuki vs くやじ

Can't wait!

"Thanks to everyone for coming out last week! We appreciate it and we hope you had fun!

N may be joining us as a cohost this week. Thanks to Joshb for helping us out last Saturday!

Here's the link to signups! Hope you can join us!"

Thank you N for the post! I was running late. Anyways, see you guys this weekend!

Beginner:
  • Bubbabolly vs The Beverly Hillbilly
  • ShadowWave14 vs 4rcher
  • speedySonic vs OPEN/TCM

Intermediate:
  • Dethklok300 vs Vamp
  • Penumbra vs Wingdings
  • Façade vs BlueFeena
  • n0837 vs くやじ
  • Adwins vs Sunset Radiance
  • thewashout vs OPEN/TCM

I put a bit of extra thought into making these match-ups, so I am extra excited for this week's stream!

Caught the end of this, tried to get into the open lobby but I guess they were having issues today. Oh well. Not sure I'll be able to really make it to any of these in the future, since I normally work on Saturdays, but if I'm around I'll try to stop in. I've been trying to do more stuff like this but my schedule seems to often get in the way.

Reactions: TheCrankMachine
Caught the end of this, tried to get into the open lobby but I guess they were having issues today. Oh well. Not sure I'll be able to really make it to any of these in the future, since I normally work on Saturdays, but if I'm around I'll try to stop in. I've been trying to do more stuff like this but my schedule seems to often get in the way.
If you ever want to play against me, feel free to PM me on reddit (n0837) or friend me on Steam (N0837).

Good job, by the way!

If you ever want to play against me, feel free to PM me on reddit (n0837) or friend me on Steam (N0837).

Good job, by the way!
Thanks! I'll probably hit you up on Steam at some point when I have a day off of work.

EDIT: How long do these usually last/take? I might be able to actually participate regularly, but I'd only be able to stay for the first hour before I'd have to leave for work.

Last edited:
They tend to last 4-6 PM EST, sometimes 6:30 if its a slow day. The last 30 min is usually just open lobby, not the event itself. I'll try my best to bump your match up the schedule if you'd like, but I can't promise anything :/

Beginner:
  • OTAKU BRO vs Frozen Triangle
  • walkingpeasant vs OPEN/TCM
Intermediate:
  • shuckle vs DSyplex
  • Façade vs Dethklok300
  • Wingdings vs Vamp
  • Sunset Radiance vs くやじ

This stream is going to be fantastic! We have a wonderful mix between regulars, new attendees, and some old faces who have finally been able to join us again!

Remember, we always want more beginners!. Anybody who is having a tough time practicing on ladder, or anyone who is a bit shy, don't hesitate! We welcome any players who want to learn more about the game and level up their play!

As a final note, we've received some feedback from beginner players who don't fully understand the terminology we use to describe their plays. In general we like to focus on when to use certain techniques, such as PBGC, rather than what those techniques are. This is because it is easy to look up what techniques like a PBGC are, but it is not easy to look up when it is smart to use them. If there is any confusion, please feel free to ask in chat! We are all more than willing to help you!

To further help, we have added a command: "!terms" Type this command into twitch chat, and you will be provided a link to common fighting game terminology. Remember, to see all possible commands, type "!command"

Decided not to sign up since I'll have to leave during the middle (and I'd be around the intermediate side of things, so that would probably just cause problems), but I'll definitely be hanging around the stream chat for the first hour or so. I'll be cheering you all on from the sidelines!

The NA/EU signups for the week of 4/30/2016 are here, and the links are at the bottom!

The last stream was all sorts of fun, and we got to see great play! It's great to see players practicing and improving. Make sure to check out the VODs!

Remember, we always want more beginners!. Anybody who is having a tough time practicing on ladder, or anyone who is a bit shy, don't hesitate! We're always increasing our list of commands to help players understand the commentary we make as well!

I also hope that anyone who couldn't make it last week can make it this time ;)

Signed up for this week. Wasn't sure if I'd be able to last week with how the schedule is with my job, but I think there should be plenty of time as long as I'm not last or anything. Still won't be able to stick around for casuals, but that's OK. See you all Saturday~

Beginner:
  • OTAKU BRO vs Praeses
  • Frozen Triangle vs QDert
  • walkingpeasant vs Bubbabolly

Intermediate:
  • Vamp vs Senjin
  • Skreegore vs The Beverly Hillbilly
  • Façade vs Mega Missingno.
  • Wingdings vs DSyplex
  • Dethklok300 vs Adwins
  • Sunset Radiance vs TCM/OPEN

HUGE turnout, I'm really excited guys! Can't wait to see you all there :D

The NA/EU signups for the week of 5/7/2016 are here, and the links are at the bottom!

Thank you joshB for helping out last week!

As per usual, if you guys have any comments, questions, or concerns, feel free to post a comment here! I'll get back to you as soon as possible :D

Beginner:
  • OTAKU BRO vs scrwnames
  • Bobertbojo2 vs Praeses
  • Frozen Triangle vs Wafflemaker878

Intermediate:
  • Senjin vs Wingdings
  • Vamp vs Penumbra
  • Skreegore vs Bubbabolly
  • Façade vs n0837
  • Sunset Radiance vs OPEN/TCM

Quick note: In case you missed the announcement, we're not gonna have a stream the weekend of Combo Breaker (May 28)! Because honestly, what are you doing with your lives if you're not watching the biggest and greatest Skullgirls tournament of the year?! (P.S. We will try to re-stream it for you guys! >_<)

Last edited:
The NA/EU signups for the week of 5/14/2016 are here, and the links are at the bottom!

Thank you so much Rayden Belmont, and JoshB for your invaluable help! The stream was incredibly fun! I hope to see everyone again next week!

A quick note, please remember to join our group chat if you have registered before the event begins. This is the primary place we look to invite you guys into the lobby when it is your turn to be on stream.

Can drunk joshb be a thing
Lmao, I'd rather it not be a regular thing, but I don't mind a surprise visit from drunk joshb from time to time ;) It was hilarious, and didn't really disrupt the stream, or impair his ability to give advice.

Either way, joshb said he's probably not joining us next week, hes already got plans. I think JP was interested a while back, I wonder if he can help me out this week...

Almost missed this week's sign up, been busy. We in there though~

Beginner:
  • ShadowWave14 vs Bobertbojo2
  • showuramen vs Frozen Triangle
  • Ranigad vs Wafflemaker878
  • cc? vs Dudek Bronzebeard
  • Praeses vs OPEN/TCM

Intermediate:
  • Senjin vs Wingdings
  • Skreegore vs Dethklok300
  • Penumbra vs Neffros
  • Vamp vs OPEN/TCM
  • Façade vs くやじ

A ENORMOUS lineup this week, filled with incredible players both new and old! We're on the verge of breaking our turnout record again! Thank you, everyone, for helping spread the word of Get Gr8. The players are growing along with Get Gr8 itself :D

Just a friendly reminder: I recommend playing at least 30 minutes as a warm-up before the event. It will help you play at your best, and we can focus on advice based on your optimal play!

Damn it I missed this weeks sign up! Well maybe next week.

There were like 5 regulars that missed signups lol, any ONE of them and we would have broken signup record =P Next week tho >_<

The NA/EU signups for the week of 5/21/2016 are here, and the links are at the bottom!

Thank you once more, JoshB! Your completely-healthy obsession with this game has proven invaluable to us yet again!

Next week will have a guest co-host, a good old friend of the Skullgirls community! Don't miss out ;)

I'm currently on the fence as to whether to sign up for this week because my controller's analog stick is being unresponsive lately. I'll still be sure to tune in on stream this Saturday, though.