• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls: Get GR8 (NA) with N and Three Dog

I'm currently on the fence as to whether to sign up for this week because my controller's analog stick is being unresponsive lately. I'll still be sure to tune in on stream this Saturday, though.
aww :'( I'm sorry to hear about your controller. Get a new one soon >_< cya in chat~!

We go live at 4 PM ET, hope everyone is ready! Here are the match-ups:

Beginner:
  • ranigad vs MegaMix
  • Frozen Triangle vs Trainer Zerus
  • Bobertbojo2 vs OPEN/TCM
  • PokeB vs Bobakanuchi

Intermediate:
  • Mega Missingno. vs Vamp
  • Navy Pheonix vs Skreegore
  • Façade vs n0837
  • Penumbra vs Wingdings
  • M87131 vs NAP | Rabbleflaggers
  • Adwins vs OPEN/TCM
  • Sunset Radiance vs くやじ

ANOTHER BROKEN RECORD :D

I cannot thank you guys enough! I really want to help the community grow together, but I could not do it without your help, your participation, and your dedication to Skullgirls!

Today we will be joined by some of the most iconic members in the Skullgirls community to provide commentary, and help us Get Gr8 before Combo Breaker. See you all soon~!

The NA/EU signups for the week of 6/4/2016 are here, and the links are at the bottom!

As a quick reminder, we will not be streaming 5/28, since it is the weekend of Combo Breaker, the biggest Skullgirls event of the year! We will do our best to make sure we are re-streaming it!

A special thanks to 6let for coming out to join us! Also thank you N for joining us, just like old times ;) It was wonderful having you both for our stream with RECORD-BREAKING ATTENDANCE!!! :D

Once again, I want to make a quick reminder that if you register for the event, please wait in the steam group chat. It really helps us find you and make sure you're ready for the event. I'd also like to point out that if you have any requests on who/who not to be matched up with, try to let me know in the extra comments section of the Get Gr8 form, I'd like to avoid frantically changing match-ups at the beginning of the stream.

Other than that, have a great couple of weeks everyone, I can't wait to see everyone at our next event!

Beginner:
  • Boba vs Disgusting Jaller
  • walkingpeasant1 vs Mega Mix
  • Wingdings vs OPEN LOBBY

Intermediate:
  • Frozen Triangle vs DessertJunkie
  • Façade vs OPEN LOBBY

I guess everyone is exhausted from Combo Breaker >_< Make sure to sign up for next week! Never too early or late to Get Gr8 ;)

Combo Breaker was amazing. I was able to re-stream most of it. Make sure to catch the vods of top 16 and "East Coast vs The World" on teamsp00ky twitch

Sadly, I will not be joining you guys this week. In my place we will have our wonderful friends, JP and JoshB. These guys are incredibly experienced players and they will provide impeccable advice!

Sorry for my awful performance this week guys. I would say I'll get better, but with Summer classes coming soon, I probably won't have much time to practice for the next few months.

Nah you did fine! And it's ok, everyone has priorities they need to take care of. Practice whenever you can, and I can't wait to see you next week if you can make it!

If you really felt like you didn't play your best, then try to warm up a bit more before the event, I usually recommend about 45 min of playing before the start of the stream.

The NA/EU signups for the week of 6/11/2016 are here, and the links are at the bottom!

Back to our weekly schedule. Thank you so much JP and JoshB for helping me out!

Have a great week everyone, I hope to see you all this Saturday! Feel free to invite a friend ;) I bet after watching Combo Breaker there are plenty of newcomers ready to jump in!

Reactions: Sunset Radiance
THE SKULLHEART FORUMS ARE BACK IN ACTION!

I sincerely apologize for the lack of updates, we were unable to properly access the forum since Friday. Let's skip straight to our weekly post:
--------------------------------------------------

The NA/EU signups for the week of 6/18/2016 are here, and the links are at the bottom!

Shout-outs to JP for being a bro, and keeping me covered as co-host last Saturday! ;)

The stream was FANTASTIC! Everyone showed up eager and ready to go! It was good to be back :D

I would like to make a quick shout-out to /u/Scrubjr, who has established a steam group called SkullgirlsNewbs for beginners to meet up and find training partners! They have also begun setting up events. If you are looking for a Skullgirls buddy to train, improve, and have a good time with, this is definitely worth taking a look at.

Also if any members from SkullgirlsNewbs would like to get advice from the SGC on what to work on next, Get Gr8 does have a beginner bracket! Don't hesitate to signup! We're a welcoming bunch :D Here is our steam group

Reactions: Kyugetsuki

Beginner:
  • Flootersam vs walkingpeasant
  • MegaMix vs OPEN/TCM

Intermediate:
  • Randomperson vs Trainer Zerus
  • Navy Pheonix vs The Beverly Hillbilly
  • NuclearPotato vs Wingdings
  • Penyanbra vs Façade

Welcome back for yet another week! We've finally resolved all/most Skullheart issues late this week. Expect to see all our missing friends start showing up once again ;)

This week we have a special guest(s) joining us as co-host, ready to give you some of the highest quality advice you're ever going to get ;D Give him (them) a warm welcome today!

For trying to learn a new character plus having to get used to a new controller, things didn't go half bad for me. I hope to play next week and not randomly jump when I don't want to.

note: during the first game you might notice that I was doing j.LP from full screen, the reason for that being that I wanted to do Shot but I kept jumping cause the new analog is weird for me compared to using a regular DS3.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheCrankMachine
Oh okay, I saw that yeah and was super confused, but that makes more sense, sorry about mixing that up then.

The NA/EU signups for the week of 6/25/2016 are here, and the links are at the bottom!

Shout-outs to our good friends Floots and Fenster! Your help was wonderful and you kept the stream lively :D

We are always trying to tweak the stream for the best viewer and player experience. So, by popular demand, we are going to try and bring you more matches! On weeks with participation lower than 12 members, we will bump the number of games from 3 to 5!

That's not all! We're also considering changing the format for sets to be "best-of." Instead of 5 games flat, we want to adjust the sets to be first to 3 wins.

We are still trying to get a good feel for what the community would like, so we have provided a survey to vote on these changes. We really appreciate any and all feedback possible! Any and all viewers/participants, please feel free to participate and help us out! Every voice matters!

We go live at 4 PM ET, hope everyone is ready!

We will be playing THREE (3) flat matches this week! Here are the match-ups:

Beginner:
  • Royal vs MegaMix
  • PrincessSneq vs Zane the grizzly Bear
  • ShadowWave14 vs Alt + F4 to Taunt!
  • Casual Watson vs walkingpeasant

Intermediate:
  • IbuiKun vs Vamp
  • Trainer Zerus vs The Beverly Hillbilly
  • Glitch Hooves vs B.B. Missingno
  • Wingdings vs Adwins
  • Penumbra vs Façade
  • Sunset Radiance vs Drills

Stacked with players all across the board! You could not believe how excited I am to have Skullgirls Get Gr8 running at full force! :D

We have the results of our survey completed. The survey was 100% COMPLETELY ANONYMOUS! Thank you so much for helping us improve this event. You can see the results here. I have made an excessively elaborate response and have responded to some of the questions and concerns directly. Feel free to glance at it!

The only change is that we will have 5 flat matches on days with 12 or less participants. Of course, this does not apply this week, so today should feel completely normal :D

Last edited:
The NA/EU signups for the week of 7/2/2016 are here, and the links are at the bottom!

Thank you for joining me Penumbra! I had a blast commentating with you :D Good times :3

Our last stream was jam-packed and full of fun! We were just a couple of signups away from breaking yet another record! Remember, it's okay to sign-up if you're not sure you're going to make it. If you find out you are busy, just be sure to leave a comment or PM TheCrankMachine before the event! :D

Beginner:
  • Weeaboo Overlord vs Vlafaris
  • FreezerburnVinny vs Casual_Watson
  • BigBenClockTower vs walkingpeasant
  • Chaf vs Royal

Intermediate:
  • Boba vs Reiesu_rei
  • Navy Pheonix vs Trainer Zerus
  • TT|skillzdatkillz vs narrowz1
  • gexabra vs Wingdings
  • Façade vs BlueFeena
  • Penumbra vs Sunset Radiance

Remember to warm up a bit before your matches! We want to provide the best advice possible for you :D

Last edited:
Skullgirls Get GR8 Weekly Post - Week of July 9, 2016

The NA/EU signups for the week are here, and the links are at the bottom!

Shout-outs to JP and Penumbra! Thank you for one of the most entertaining streams yet!

Without further ado:

Beginner:
  • grep | grep | grep` vs OPEN/TCM
  • scrwnames vs zignoe
  • FreezerburnVinny vs Flootersam
  • WinnieDaPooh vs walkingpeasant

Intermediate:
  • Reiesu_rei vs The Beverly Hillbilly
  • narrowz1 vs Royal
  • Trainer Zerus vs gexabra
  • Wingdings vs showuramen
  • Penumbra vs Adwins
  • Façade vs Sunset Radiance

Good luck ladies and gentlemen~!

Dang it, just missed sign ups! I was legit about to put myself in there. I so sad :c

Skullgirls Get GR8 Weekly Post - Week of July 16, 2016

Thank you so much for joining me this week JoshB! Wonderful to have you back ;D Your advice is phenomenal!

The Skullgirls Get Gr8 Twitter is finally live! For anyone who wants to use twitter as a reminder to signup or check out matchups, now's your chance to follow us! I am also planning to tweet out reminders on Fridays to signup, for any last minute registrants who want to get in :D

Without further ado:

The Beverly Hillbilly tried to sign up for this week, but got a weird error page. Did it go through?

You're registered! But that is very strange... Hope that never happens again! :P

Intermediate:
  • Reiesu_rei vs QDert
  • The Beverly Hillbilly vs MegaMix
  • NuclearPotato vs Glitch Hooves
  • gexabra vs Trainer Zerus
  • Wingdings vs Warlocke
  • IBelieveIn720 vs Noodle Bois | Sunset
  • Façade vs Penumbra
Beginner:
  • Cephalopod vs OPEN/TCM
  • Bleedy vs walkingpeasant
  • scrwnames vs PokeB

Beginner bracket will be starting late since multiple players requested a time adjustment.

Remember, if you have any questions, concerns, requests, or feedback, contact me, (TheCrankMachine), whenever you'd like :D

Last edited:
Skullgirls Get GR8 Weekly Post - Week of July 23, 2016

Once again, thank you JoshB for your cohost shenanigans! Also thank you for taking over open lobby for our wonderful audience ;D

Without further ado:

I was wondering, since I signed up for the NA/EU, I switched around characters. Am I allowed to resend a form, or is there anything I could do?

Am I allowed to resend a form

Don't worry about it. The characters you list are for very rare circumstances where an opponent says they'd prefer/avoid fighting character X. It helps with matchmaking. It generally never comes into consideration, so its not too important if you don't stick to what you list. Can't wait to see you this Saturday ;D

Don't worry about it. The characters you list are for very rare circumstances where an opponent says they'd prefer/avoid fighting character X. It helps with matchmaking. It generally never comes into consideration, so its not too important if you don't stick to what you list. Can't wait to see you this Saturday ;D
Thank you very much !! :> I can't wait for this Saturday!

Reactions: TheCrankMachine
By the way do people watch the stream as they play?

Usually leaving the stream running causes an obscene amount of lag. I think it's best to check the archives after, or just ask about advice in stream chat post-match before the next set starts.

Skullgirls Get Gr8 NA/EU Today! (7/23/2016)

Beginner:
  • ❤†wEEb†❤ vs VnMnMn
  • -Wv- Mira vs PokeB
  • xavdul vs Nabbito & Sakura
  • bobertbojo2 vs Liamix
  • Silversemi vs walkingpeasant
  • Bleedy vs Hakuyer

Intermediate:
  • scrwnames vs MegaMix
  • Salty Eliza vs Royal
  • Nikuri<3RepublicanCars vs The Beverly Hillbilly
  • jawnsunn vs Glitch Hooves
  • gexabra vs wingdings
  • Warlocke vs Adwins
  • Penumbra vs Sunset Radiance
  • くやじ vs Longshot

Wow.

We beat our previous signup record by over 30%! This is absolutely insane! Thank you for all your hard work for spreading the word of this event and helping the SGC grow, and improve together! <3

To all our new faces, welcome to Skullgirls Get Gr8! To all returning regulars, welcome back! We appreciate each and everyone one of you so very much :D