• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls Mobile Bug Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
When did Cerebella steal Eliza's staff?....and when did Eliza become big band?
image.png

Fight went as normal but that staff just popped in.

I already filed a report on this, but going to post it here too so that others might keep an eye out for similar bugs.

When using Cerebella - Big Top, her Diamond Drop blockbuster takes on the properties of whatever Special she has equipped at the time.

IE: If she has Burst equipped, Diamond Drop does no damage and inflicts Cripple. If she has Battle Butt equipped, it'll do damage and inflict Armor Break; it will also proc Regen if Diamond Drop is upgraded for it and it KOs the foe.

I haven't tried to see if this affects the rest of the cast in any way, and while I have tried it on the other Cerebellas I have, none of them at least have Diamond Drop unlocked for me just yet, if they have it as an option at all. This is a rather annoying bug as it basically means you either can't equip any specials on her that don't do damage or you have to avoid using Diamond Drop entirely.

Supers that launch the opponent into the air then do a grab don't work right OTG. Figured it was supposed to be like that, cause it's like that in the main game, but figured it might be a bug.

Using a launcher on an airborne opponent doesn't launch the opponent.

I'm not sure what triggered this or how to reproduce it, but this happened once. Didn't seem to have any adverse effects, tried to see if I could make something funny happen by tapping the background but nothing did. Started a fight and everything went back to normal from there.
OcZ95Qzh.png

QKrTVC2h.png
After finally defeating the bronze Painwheel mirror match in chapter 2, the game just softlocked here.
Edit: Closed the app and restarted, it saved that the mission is cleared and I had an alert for 3 relics in my inventory - one special, one take a break... and I don't see a third one anywhere, but the alert still says I have one more to open.
Edit 2: Got the same softlock after beating the final boss of chapter 4 and reading the story dialogue. Hope there wasn't anything more that's supposed to come after it I missed! And now I have two phantom relic notifications.
Z5dA4Hjh.png
Also, occasionally I've tried to OTG with supers, saw a blue bounce during the super flash, and yet somehow still comboed off that anyway.
(when's training mode so I can try and figure out how to consistently reproduce these things?)

Last edited:
blue bounce seems to mean nothing other than "if they touch the floor again they get up".

I think I found a true infinite combo. It's still hard to tell because of how you guys handle the combo counter, but you can chain your normals into your dash attack, and chain your dash attack into your normal series. So, dash, tap tap tap dash, tap tap tap dash, repeat works with at least Filia.

Edit: It also seems like a true blockstring, so if the opponent doesn't have perfect block then they will die to chip damage.

Edit: Filia is invincible during her recovery of Gregor Samson. I'm not sure if it even can be punished.

Last edited:
Reactions: Datagram
Peacock can't be hit if the opponent blocks the first beam of Argus Agony point blank. That period between the beam and the lasers she's fully invincible. Feels bad.

A lot of supers have invincibility that continues even well after the active frames are over. Most of the time if I try to punish immediately out of blockstun, I'll end up whiffing.

Reactions: Datagram
I already filed a report on this, but going to post it here too so that others might keep an eye out for similar bugs.

When using Cerebella - Big Top, her Diamond Drop blockbuster takes on the properties of whatever Special she has equipped at the time.

IE: If she has Burst equipped, Diamond Drop does no damage and inflicts Cripple. If she has Battle Butt equipped, it'll do damage and inflict Armor Break; it will also proc Regen if Diamond Drop is upgraded for it and it KOs the foe.

I haven't tried to see if this affects the rest of the cast in any way, and while I have tried it on the other Cerebellas I have, none of them at least have Diamond Drop unlocked for me just yet, if they have it as an option at all. This is a rather annoying bug as it basically means you either can't equip any specials on her that don't do damage or you have to avoid using Diamond Drop entirely.

What a strange bug! I've looked into the issue, and think I know what's causing it. Thanks a lot for the investigation!

When did Cerebella steal Eliza's staff?....and when did Eliza become big band?

Fight went as normal but that staff just popped in.

This is our favorite bug :)

After finally defeating the bronze Painwheel mirror match in chapter 2, the game just softlocked here.
Edit: Closed the app and restarted, it saved that the mission is cleared and I had an alert for 3 relics in my inventory - one special, one take a break... and I don't see a third one anywhere, but the alert still says I have one more to open.
Edit 2: Got the same softlock after beating the final boss of chapter 4 and reading the story dialogue. Hope there wasn't anything more that's supposed to come after it I missed! And now I have two phantom relic notifications.
Z5dA4Hjh.png

This is the exact thing that's been happening to me. I now have 7 phantom relic notifications. I was trying to see if it was related to the crashes I sometimes got. I'm going through the Advanced story now so I'll see if it actually crashes on those same levels listed above.

Can't fight the Eliza boss in advanced Who's the Boss?, menu's not loading correctly and nothing happens if I try to click fight anyway. Tried closing and restarting, even rebooting my phone, but this specific fight will not work. I can go to any other battle and it's fine, just this one does this.
YRUPVIwh.png

WJeiI6Uh.png
Tried to debuff one of the Stone Skin foes with a snapback since I didn't have any armor breaking moves for Big Band, but nothing happened. IDK if snapbacks just aren't supposed to do anything to solos, but IMO they should. Given these fights are literally unwinnable without the right moves, there should be more possible solutions.

Reactions: PsychotronTM
Can't fight the Eliza boss in advanced Who's the Boss?, menu's not loading correctly and nothing happens if I try to click fight anyway. Tried closing and restarting, even rebooting my phone, but this specific fight will not work. I can go to any other battle and it's fine, just this one does this.
I just ran into that Eliza glitch myself, but tapping "Fight" worked fine for me.
Maybe try to get past it by going into a previous mission that lets you select three characters, setting a new loadout there and then going back to the Eliza fight. There might be a restriction on which characters you can use that's not appearing. I think I used Bronze Val, Silver BB and Silver Filia... can't really remember though.

EDIT: It happened again in the Gold Parasoul fight at the bottom of the Under the Bridge section of Who's the Boss Advanced.

EDIT 2: re: the bug of the game softlocking after certain Treasure fights and generating phantom relic boxes, it did it again on the Silver Painwheel fight at the top left of the Under the Bridge section of Who's the Boss Advanced.
However, this time instead of just giving me a single phantom box it gave me 52 Special Attack boxes. These were normal boxes that I was able to open. (There goes my attempt to play through the beta at a natural progression speed!)

Last edited:
Reactions: PsychotronTM
YRUPVIwh.png

WJeiI6Uh.png
Tried to debuff one of the Stone Skin foes with a snapback since I didn't have any armor breaking moves for Big Band, but nothing happened. IDK if snapbacks just aren't supposed to do anything to solos, but IMO they should. Given these fights are literally unwinnable without the right moves, there should be more possible solutions.

Thanks for the thorough report and screenshots! Will look into it.

I just ran into that Eliza glitch myself, but tapping "Fight" worked fine for me.
Maybe try to get past it by going into a previous mission that lets you select three characters, setting a new loadout there and then going back to the Eliza fight. There might be a restriction on which characters you can use that's not appearing. I think I used Bronze Val, Silver BB and Silver Filia... can't really remember though.

EDIT: It happened again in the Gold Parasoul fight at the bottom of the Under the Bridge section of Who's the Boss Advanced.

EDIT 2: re: the bug of the game softlocking after certain Treasure fights and generating phantom relic boxes, it did it again on the Silver Painwheel fight at the top left of the Under the Bridge section of Who's the Boss Advanced.
However, this time instead of just giving me a single phantom box it gave me 52 Special Attack boxes. These were normal boxes that I was able to open. (There goes my attempt to play through the beta at a natural progression speed!)

Found the Special Move relic issue. ENJOY YOUR 50 FREE RELICS WHILE YOU STILL CAN! >:O

Do you remember what you had been doing leading up to this match, or how long you'd been playing? Also, what device(s) are you (guys) playing on? This could possibly be memory related, or caused by some of the OBB files not being properly downloaded (or something else entirely!).

Thanks!

Do you remember what you had been doing leading up to this match, or how long you'd been playing? Also, what device(s) are you (guys) playing on? This could possibly be memory related, or caused by some of the OBB files not being properly downloaded (or something else entirely!).

Thanks!
There's nothing particular leading up to it - I can close the app any time, boot it back up and go to those specific missions and have the same issue. I'm on a Galaxy A8.

Galaxy Note 4 here. At this point the softlock is now just happening to me on every treasure mission. I don't think it's a matter of how long it's been running, since before I was playing for long sessions without issue and now it never doesn't break. My guess is that something's gone bad in my save file.

Galaxy Note 4 here. At this point the softlock is now just happening to me on every treasure mission. I don't think it's a matter of how long it's been running, since before I was playing for long sessions without issue and now it never doesn't break. My guess is that something's gone bad in my save file.

This will delete your progress, buuuuuuut...if you're feeling intrepid, you can go to the app manager from settings and clear the cache/data for the Skullgirls app, which will trigger the OBB to redownload, and see if that fixes it. Alternatively, you can just uninstall/reinstall the app (which will also delete your progress). I don't know if this actually WILL fix anything though :P but we're looking into it. Thanks!

Just a couple of minor ones that I've been trying to narrow down the cause of but can't quite find it.
Something is definitely funky with Painwheel's level 2 super. Buer Thresher. 50% of the times I use it doesn't cost me meter, and it seems to be happening more and more frequently recently.
I'm guessing the rise in frequency is either due to me using Silver Rage Appropriate Painwheel now, or that I've developed a muscle memory timing for my combos and there's one specific hit of her multihitting final attack in her ABC combo that causes it.

Silver Oh Mai Valentine's first super (Counter Venom?) will occasionally leave blobs of poison floating on the stage in front of her after she attacks if I have previously used her Vial Hazard special and loaded up a syringe. It's purely a visual bug.
The same super will sometimes hit corpses in the background. I had already defeated a Rage Appropriate Painwheel so her corpse was on the ground. I then defeated a second point character with Val, finishing the opponent with Counter Venom. This knocked the opponent back, but also hit the corpse. A damage indicator appeared and it bounces the corpse up a bit, so it now appeared to be floating.

I was snapped out by an AI at the same time I tapped tag-in. Not sure if it's intentional, but my third character was dragged out by the snap in, then my chosen tag in jumped on screen before immediately jumping back out again. The match continued as normal afterwards.

The game is constantly notifying me that my characters are fully recharged. This is rarely ever true (it literally does it 20 minutes after I stop playing and most of my characters are totally empty). I can't even find where to turn off push notifications! D:
Side note, the text in that notification is super obnoxious. "Don't let it go to waste!" really bugs me. A simple 'All characters are fully recharged' would be fine. Don't tell me I'm wasting my time not playing the app. (Probably not what you are implying, but it still gets under my skin)

The game is constantly notifying me that my characters are fully recharged. This is rarely ever true (it literally does it 20 minutes after I stop playing and most of my characters are totally empty). I can't even find where to turn off push notifications! D:
Likewise it kept telling me to go open a Take a Break relic, but never when I actually had one. On Android you can long press a notification to bring up system settings and mute the app, IDK about iOS.

I think I figured out what's going on with AI Peacock's teleporting car. It happens whenever I have her in the corner, and I can see the car briefly spawn in the center of the screen before vanishing, which is already behind me. I guess it's getting confused when the car whiffs behind the player.

Bella does not receive points when KOing with Battle Butt. Literally unplayable.

Heya! Finally got around to testing this out. I'm currently playing through the story mode and so far it is a lot of fun. :)

2 possible discrepancies I've noticed so far.

In game fights have choppy framerate - (I am playing on a Samsung Galaxy S5)

During the various tutorial levels I'm able to do the dash attack before the text boxes come up.

2 possible bugs as well

When switching team members there seems to be a bug where dragging the character card is locked on the bottom of the screen

Locked Character Card.png

When initially entering into a match tree, the possible opponents don't light up initially. (I found it fixed when I would click on one of the opponent nodes and then exit out.)

Before
Screenshot_2016-08-26-17-07-06.png

After
Screenshot_2016-08-26-17-33-31.png

I hope all of that helps.

On the character detail screen where it shows their level and equipped moves:
tmp_10018-Screenshot_2016-08-27-11-21-09-1548944785.png

You can tap/swipe the character to get a demo of all their attacks. If you do a swipe dash attack with Filia she will do it twice. Everyone else only does it once.

On "No Egrets" I was supposed to get Cerebella or something after the tutorial with val but I was never prompted to purchase a relic that would give me bella so I got stuck in the character select screen (softlock with tutorial telling me to drag bella who I never got) after that I restarted the game and was then prompted to get a relic with theonite and got bella.

after that I started mission 2 of no egrets again and tapped 'change team' before molly shows up to tell me about the fight preview screen she still told me to pick cerebella but then disappears forever and never explains the type advantages leaving me with the fight preview screen bella in the team but while I could press the fight button (and it would make the noise) the match would never start and since you can't leave the screen (or at least I don't think you can because I did try hitting the back arrow but it would only send me back to the fight preview screen and the fight preview screen didn't have a back button.) it's a softlock.

After restarting again I didn't touch anything first and let molly talk and everything transitioned smoothly.

EDIT: Also peacock is really unsafe after her third attack (5HP) as it doesn't seem to have the cannonball follow up and she can't block after it so bella can do diamond dynamo after peacock hit her.

Last edited:
I think I may have found another one

When I was up against the Cerebella boss, I was fighting against her a second time when her super constantly did 0 damage. It didn't make sense to me since it was doing craploads of damage on the first fight.

When using Rage Appropriate Painwheel, her first super (where she knocks them into the air, then yanks them back down) doesn't work on Big Band. The first two launcher hits work, but the grab never connects. It whiffs even when using the super raw outside of combos.

When you level up via VS Quick Matches (the ones that use blue energy) it does not fill up your energy meter in Story Mode (yellow energy). I don't know if that's a feature or a bug.

I can't quite nail it down yet, but I think there's a bug if I minimize the game while on the character select screen/battle ready/in battle or loading screens around them. When I come back to SG a few hours later or whatever and resume the game all my characters will have fully recharged their energy except for my current team.

In one of the opening cutscenes/tutorial, Valentine mentions something about "not a scratch", but it is misspelled as "scrach".

Finally got my 6+ so I can play comfortably now. (Although the FPS still isn't 60 with shadows off)

Punishing Supers:

So many supers are still invincible after they are finished. (Gregor, Dynamo, Hatred Install...)
The big window where they are left open for failing to hit with it leads to whiff sparks if you try and counter attack.

Some supers (Scalpels) where it looks like I am supposed to punish them are invincible a little bit too long during the beginning of the
recovery window, but become vulnerable during punish frames a little bit later in the animation.
So if you are hitting tap, you'll miss the first attack but the second two will hit.

Maybe this is how other mobile fighting games work?
I'm really used to punishing blocked supers, and a lot of the recovery poses are just begging to be smacked.

I think people should be punished for missing a super because currently there's no risk involved in pulling out a level 1 on your wake up every time you have it available.
Air Block:

Incoming is completely free to attacks.
I'm 99% sure air block doesn't exist.
If you just pop a super / launcher / special / whatever when they spawn in, it always hits.
I think they should be invulnerable until they touch the floor to at least allow them to block.
AI Exploit:

Perform a launcher, don't follow up, let them land and hit them as soon as they touch the floor.
AI doesn't respond to landing from a launcher as if it's a reversal window where they should do something such as when they recover from wake up from an air string or a super etc.
They don't block or use reversals.

I've never had the AI block Launcher > [Delay] > Jab, so it just auto wins games.
It's very easy with Cerebella.

Speaking of Launcher > Tap, that would be a very easy infinite, but second launcher removes launch properties most of the time if you catch them coming down to prevent that.
I think it would be very awkward and confusing for a new player if suddenly their launcher which always launches doesn't launch sometimes.
Second launcher when you're using it after an OTG gets knockdown properties to prevent a second air chain, I think that should apply to launchers used after catching them falling from a launcher too.
Actual Infinite

Despite the above, one infinite I've found is vs Parasoul / Big Band (probably others) playing as Filia (probably others) where you do Tap > Launch, and then heavily delay the Tap string to catch them just before they land while they are still airborne.

I'm assuming the combo resets right before they lands because launcher hitstun ends, and since there's no air block you get a free hit which resets whatever is keeping track of if you have used your launcher, so you'll never get the weak non launch version.

So Tap > Launcher [Delay] Tap > Launcher [Delay] repeat forever and they die. (Again this is while playing as Filia vs BB / PA)
Round Start, Far Apart Bug:

Sometimes when the round starts both characters teleport full screen away from each other.
I had this happen when I was holding block (buffering) on round start.

Energy Recharge Exploit(?)
When the game tells me I've run out of energy I am presented with two options, change team and recharge.
If I pick change team, and keep the same team, and then use that team for the round I'm trying to play, their energy spikes up to full and I can play as normal.

Is this a beta only feature or a bug?

EDIT: This only happens during the replay option after clearing a level.
If you clear a stage and then replay it until one character is out of energy, then change teams and don't change teams, you can replay it again and they get full energy.\

You could probably wait until someone is almost out of energy and then replay an earlier stage twice to make sure everyone is always maxed out and you never have to worry about it.

Are you supposed to be invincible after a blue bounce? Usually in 2nd Encore you tech those but it looks like you can't, so it functions like a red bounce sometimes.

Last edited:
Despite the above, one infinite I've found is vs Parasoul / Big Band (probably others) playing as Filia (probably others) where you do Tap > Launch, and then heavily delay the Tap string to catch them just before they land while they are still airborne.
I'm actually pretty sure this is just a really tight reset. I'm fairly certain that if they touch the floor, they recover instantly, and I'm almost sure you can't launch them twice in the same combo.

The game does have at least one true infinite that I found (Filia: tap, tap, tap, dash, tap, tap, tap, dash, repeat). Pretty sure air blocking isn't real too, and it doesn't seem like holding block during hitstun lets you block as soon as you get out so tight resets may as well be infinites.

Edit: Also, the toughest AI in the game appears to be in Arena mode. Best place I've found to test if you have real stuff.

I'm actually pretty sure this is just a really tight reset. I'm fairly certain that if they touch the floor, they recover instantly, and I'm almost sure you can't launch them twice in the same combo.

do Tap > Launch, and then heavily delay the Tap string to catch them just before they land while they are still airborne.

I'm hitting them before the land, my Tap series is hitting them airborne, my launcher still works.

I know what you mean about second launcher not working, but if you delay it really late it resets to normal launcher.

Just had my Gregor Samson super with Filia get interrupted by Eliza doing Sekhmet super. I saw Filia start the animation to do it, but they both happened at almost the same time and it just ended my super.

At first I thought the rule was just one launcher per combo, so if they touch the ground and I'm able to launch again that must mean it was a reset, right? But that might not be it, as I've found launchers just don't work any time the opponent is already airborne (and conversely, always work when they're on the ground). Try launching an opponent on incoming or to punish an air super, or after something like forwardx2, won't work there either. So if that's how it works, maybe restand and relaunch is a real infinite after all. Has anyone ever seen the AI get out of this even once?

Whatever's going on there, I also found two launcherless infinites. There's no restriction on staggers, so Painwheel can do forwardx1, forwardx1, forwardx1, just as long as you delay it right to never do the second hit. And Val can do forwardx1, jabx2, forwardx1, jabx2.

Reactions: MightyZug
Maybe restand and relaunch is a real infinite after all. Has anyone ever seen the AI get out of this even once?
I don't think it is, unless landing frames have recovery, and during those frames you can't attack or block or do anything.
I've found launchers just don't work any time the opponent is already airborne
Yeah, they aren't supposed to but for this infinite they do.

Are you sure they're still airborne when the launcher hits? They're not landing during the jab combo or between that and the launcher? I can catch them in the air with jab and then have them land as I launch them, pretty sure that's all there is to it.

They restand in between the jab combo or right after jab combo and right before the launcher hits.
If they are able to recover instantly in the middle of a jab combo that restands then that would prevent it from being an infinite but I can't tell what's going on because they use Combo Streaks instead of Combos.

It looks like they are still in hitstun when when they restand in the middle of a jab combo.

Right, so they're on the ground when the launcher hits. That's why you can launch them again.

As I was saying, I initially assumed that if I'm able to launch again that must mean it was a reset, because I thought the rule was one launch per combo. But now I'm not so sure about that, since I've found that I can get 0 launches per combo in any case where the opponent is already in the air. So I think it's just that they have to be on the ground to get launched, doesn't actually matter whether you've never launched them before or if you've relaunched 100 times.

So if restands do keep them in hitstun, which I no longer see any reason to think otherwise, it's probably a real infinite after all.

Just a couple of minor ones that I've been trying to narrow down the cause of but can't quite find it.
Something is definitely funky with Painwheel's level 2 super. Buer Thresher. 50% of the times I use it doesn't cost me meter, and it seems to be happening more and more frequently recently.
I'm guessing the rise in frequency is either due to me using Silver Rage Appropriate Painwheel now, or that I've developed a muscle memory timing for my combos and there's one specific hit of her multihitting final attack in her ABC combo that causes it.

Silver Oh Mai Valentine's first super (Counter Venom?) will occasionally leave blobs of poison floating on the stage in front of her after she attacks if I have previously used her Vial Hazard special and loaded up a syringe. It's purely a visual bug.
The same super will sometimes hit corpses in the background. I had already defeated a Rage Appropriate Painwheel so her corpse was on the ground. I then defeated a second point character with Val, finishing the opponent with Counter Venom. This knocked the opponent back, but also hit the corpse. A damage indicator appeared and it bounces the corpse up a bit, so it now appeared to be floating.

I was snapped out by an AI at the same time I tapped tag-in. Not sure if it's intentional, but my third character was dragged out by the snap in, then my chosen tag in jumped on screen before immediately jumping back out again. The match continued as normal afterwards.

(collapsing to minimize spam) All of these are great finds - thanks for noting them for us!

ACK - that push was acting wonky so we disabled it, looks like it crept back in. I hate spammy push notifs as well. Sorry for the headache! We'll make sure that's addressed in our next build update.

Side note, the text in that notification is super obnoxious. "Don't let it go to waste!" really bugs me. A simple 'All characters are fully recharged' would be fine. Don't tell me I'm wasting my time not playing the app. (Probably not what you are implying, but it still gets under my skin)

Thanks for the feedback! Main goal here is just to help suggest a bit of urgency to get players to come back (and to remind them that it's wise to exhaust all of their characters to get the most out of every session). This is some of the most read text in the whole game, want to make sure we get it right. We'll take a look.

Likewise it kept telling me to go open a Take a Break relic, but never when I actually had one. On Android you can long press a notification to bring up system settings and mute the app, IDK about iOS.

Might be an issue with the "Offline" nature of the build. We'll definitely look into it!

Bella does not receive points when KOing with Battle Butt. Literally unplayable.

It wounded me to take that out. People were confused and thought it was damage (even though the font was super Battletoads-y). :(

Reactions: Cellsai
Heya! Finally got around to testing this out. I'm currently playing through the story mode and so far it is a lot of fun. :)

Appreciate it! :D

When switching team members there seems to be a bug where dragging the character card is locked on the bottom of the screen

Yeah, if you do a horizontal drag first, it "locks it in". Annoys us too - on our list to improve!

When initially entering into a match tree, the possible opponents don't light up initially. (I found it fixed when I would click on one of the opponent nodes and then exit out.)

This will be fixed in the next beta build update!

When I was up against the Cerebella boss, I was fighting against her a second time when her super constantly did 0 damage. It didn't make sense to me since it was doing craploads of damage on the first fight.

Weird! Which boss in particular, do you recall the variant? Also, do you remember if it was her BB1, her BB2 or both?

I hope all of that helps.

It does! Thanks a ton!

On the character detail screen where it shows their level and equipped moves:
index.php
You can tap/swipe the character to get a demo of all their attacks. If you do a swipe dash attack with Filia she will do it twice. Everyone else only does it once.

Got it - we'll check it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.