• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls Mobile General Discussion

Anyone know if there are plans on bringing it to 3DS?

But seriously highly unlikely, I don't think the 3ds is powerful enough to handle Skullgirls. Vita has it though.

But seriously highly unlikely, I don't think the 3ds is powerful enough to handle Skullgirls. Vita has it though.

I think he's talking specifically Skullgirls Mobile, which probably still couldn't run on the 3DS due to RAM and stuff. 3DS has only 128 mb of RAM while the iPhone 6S has 2GB.

Just wait for the NX port though :^)

Anyone else having framerate issues when running on iPhone 5c? I can run the game, but it runs kinda trashy (even though it runs fine on Windows XP)

I don't know a single person who hasn't had framerate issues. I have an Iphone 5s and while it doesn't chug there is some frame drops.

Anyone know if there are plans on bringing it to 3DS?
I would imagine that's a big ol' "No".
This is very much a mobile phone game designed specifically around phones, not to mention the really low amount of RAM the 3DS has compared to phones these days.

Anyone else having framerate issues when running on iPhone 5c? I can run the game, but it runs kinda trashy (even though it runs fine on Windows XP)
I don't know a single person who hasn't had framerate issues. I have an Iphone 5s and while it doesn't chug there is some frame drops.
Aye, Framerates are trash on basically everything. A tip that might help out a bit is going into the Option menu on the title screen and turning off Lighting. It removes shadows and stuff. Greatly speeds up the game.

TWO WEEKS! Never said this. Also waiting on code.
i just got in!, so maybe they are slowly adding people now, really enjoying the game so far

i just got in!, so maybe they are slowly adding people now, really enjoying the game so far
Not me. :T

Ah well, it'll happen eventually I guess. [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G928R4 using Tapatalk

NX? I can barely afford a used 2DS and the Indivisible perk I want, let alone a next-gen home console AND a game to go with it.

my friend

Would have also accepted:

Games really fun :O Definitely helps that I have a pretty good phone. Got myself a silver character a few minutes ago and the combo system is pretty fun for a mobile game.

Meter doesn't seem to carry over to incoming characters? If I die with 3 meters, it seems like the meter I built goes to waste.

Meter is separate per character. The number next to their portrait shows how much they have.

been playing a little now, for what i played and loved the battle system unfortunately when in playing a match my phone has a really big slow in frame rate.

my phone is a sony m4 aqua.

Is there any way to avoid a super upon a character tagging in from death? Seems a little unfair if you can just get a free super upon killing a character.

Nope, incoming is free. We UMvC3 now.

See the bug reports thread for a bunch of discussion on it.

Alright, long overdue Energy consumption response! I'll spare everyone heaps of direct quotes, but know this addresses the feedback shared by @Mike_Z @Kai @EU03 @missingno (and anyone else I've forgotten).

LESS ENERGY ON RETRY
I think this is a pretty reasonable solution that makes things a bit less punishing. Whether it's 50%, 25% or even a fixed "1 energy to Retry" (my inclination for consistency/simplicity) I think that would feel pretty good.

It would require an energy balancing pass across the whole game (we'd need to prioritize accordingly), but I think this solution would work best.

COMPENSATING FOR FAILS
For the reasons @EU03 mentions (notably incentivizing "grinding losses"), I'm less inclined to go with this solution (+20% HP/ATK per loss applied on retry).

Also, I haven't yet played Granblue! I've been waiting for a US launch forEVER (for a while it was JP-language only, although I know they recently-ish release an English version in Japan). On my list to check out - alas, SG Mobile has kept me pretty busy!

REWARDING WINS WITH ENERGY
We could explore this. Although this starts to compete a bit more with the goal of "progress requires energy" and rewarding players who opt to have multiple "top teams" they can use to complete single player content.

ENERGY RECHARGE COST
FWIW, I believe Energy recharge is only 5 Theonite (not 10, as I'd previously noted). Hopefully makes it that much more palatable!

We'll discuss further internally -- appreciate all of the suggestions!

Last edited:
LESS ENERGY ON RETRY
I think this is a pretty reasonable solution that makes things a bit less punishing. Whether it's 50%, 25% or even a fixed "1 energy to Retry" (my inclination for consistency/simplicity) I think that would feel pretty good.
It would require an energy balancing pass across the whole game (we'd need to prioritize accordingly), but I think this solution would work best.
If you're gonna charge for retries then 1-per-retry is fine.
I do heavily advocate not charging, though. No bonuses for trying again, but no CHARGE until you decide to play a different fight and come back.
I don't really think rebalancing is necessary for this, either. Assuming you win every fight the cost is the same, and if you lose you get to play for longer, that seems more than fair to me...

Just out of curiosity, did anyone with an iPhone 5C get access to the beta? I signed up almost as soon as the beta sign-ups were live and I didn't get accepted so I've just been assuming my specs were too low.

There was a conversation in Bug Reports that probably belongs here. Gonna @Liam requesting the posts regarding "no PVP intended for SGMobile" be moved over here.

I didn't know there was no pvp planned, I just assumed it was coming. It's doesn't feel quite right consider a thing a fighting game without it, even if it's a mobile game. Do Contest of Champions and that Injustice game not have one either?

I didn't know there was no pvp planned, I just assumed it was coming. It's doesn't feel quite right consider a thing a fighting game without it, even if it's a mobile game. Do Contest of Champions and that Injustice game not have one either?

CoC, Injustice, and MKX all lack real-time PvP, they only have "async PvP" (which is just PvE vs a character or team that was assembled by another player).

Honestly I never expected it and was pretty shocked when you said it was a thing. I think the only really synched PvP mobile game I've ever played was Hearthstone, and that kind of gets away with it because it's turn based. I fear to imagine what a fast paced game like a fighter would be over the very unpredictable quality of phone internet connections.

My one little nitpick is that one of the first things I tried to do with her was throw -> Argus and was super disappointed to see that doesn't work here - would be nice to try and preserve classic things like this.

In my experience, it looks like it's not possible to combo off of throws at all? I'm not really a fan of this. At some point, I ended up in a match against an opponent who had the unflinching property. Throws work well against this, but since you can't do anything afterwards, you just have to sit there and let them do a wake-up super or what have you. Due to the level difference, I was taking way more damage in chip from the super than what I would get from punishing it with a throw. In most cases, it seemed like you could make up for a level difference by just playing smart and some luck, but this scenario seemed basically impossible to win without just grinding a bunch beforehand.

Just out of curiosity, did anyone with an iPhone 5C get access to the beta? I signed up almost as soon as the beta sign-ups were live and I didn't get accepted so I've just been assuming my specs were too low.
If it counts for anything I got in with a iPhone 5s. The game runs flawlessly for me so I think you would be fine.

In my experience, it looks like it's not possible to combo off of throws at all? I'm not really a fan of this. At some point, I ended up in a match against an opponent who had the unflinching property. Throws work well against this, but since you can't do anything afterwards, you just have to sit there and let them do a wake-up super or what have you. Due to the level difference, I was taking way more damage in chip from the super than what I would get from punishing it with a throw. In most cases, it seemed like you could make up for a level difference by just playing smart and some luck, but this scenario seemed basically impossible to win without just grinding a bunch beforehand.
Filia can do sweep into Drill Tempered. Bella can do Dynamo, Diamonds are Forever, or forwardx2 in the corner. Painwheel can sweep. Band and Val both get crumple states which let them get a few hits in while they collapse. Seems Peacock's the only one who can't get anything at all, actually. Though I'm not sure if any of this works on unflinching foes, they might just not let you.

Chip damage is pretty damn painful at times, yeah. And most wakeup supers are completely unavoidable since mobility doesn't exist. Given the player often can't do anything about it, I think maybe it'd be best if you just couldn't die from chip in this game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cellsai
Is there a spreadsheet or something for the odds of getting specific cards from relics? I've bought about 200 or so Shards To Get Relics, and despite the "Spinning Selection" system looking like 50/50 odds of getting a gold card, I've only got 7 gold cards

I've also been getting the same "Oh Mai" skin for val from the random spins, to the point where it didn't seem random.

Been playing the beta for about 3 days now and quite enjoying it. Taking the "natural progression" route and not opening the beta relics for free money, but the progression seems to be going smoothly. Not so slow that I get frustrated but not too fast that it becomes too easy. Granted my highest level character is still about Level 8 so we'll see how it goes.

Playing on a Nexus 6 and the game generally runs fine, but with some stutters here and there, most noticeably right at the end of the round before the round end message comes up. if the phone starts overheating, the game lags a lot, but that happens with any game I run really.

A bit of a random observation though, being a lore geek. I get that the Canopy Coin is an easy to understand name for the in-game currency. But since the Canopy Kingdom's currency is called Bones, how about using that. :P

Got my copy last weekend and have been playing every chance I get. Really diggin' it so far!

I've been enjoying the combat system. I was skeptical when it was first announced, but playing it myself it's simplicity fits so well with mobile, hats off to y'all! The only trouble I've had is blocking when I want to, I've lost some matches due to it doing an attack instead of blocking.
Relics are done really well, getting skill points and shards for duplicates that guaranty silver/golds I think is a great idea.

Personally don't have any qualms with the energy system (I'm used to it due to my Pokemon Shuffle obsession lmao), although I can see how it could get annoying further in the game. Being able to only retry 5 energy fights only once or twice with my best team is slightly annoying.
The only thing I'm not clear on, unless I stupidly missed how that works, is how much time it takes to recharge a bolt.

Also idk if this idea was ever considered but in the aforementioned Pkmn Shuffle, some special events use coins instead of energy to start a fight. (and also fights that earn more money. Shuffle has Sunday Meowths that give ton of money if done right, a Sunday Beowulf money match sounds hilarious) I don't know how well that would go down but that could be an interesting alternative you could consider for special or more difficult fights. Just a thought.

So, I decided to stop playing the Beta and instead play Contest of Champiions, since I had some misconceptions about the mobile fg genre. Learning more about the way these games tend to work. I have a couple comments:

-THANK YOU for making it so I can play through every node on a map. Going through CoC, you can never get 100% on the first playthrough, you have to play the whole map over again to 100% it, and you can't stop a quest after you start. I hadn't realized you guys got this right until I saw it done wrong.

-Characters need some more variety as far as their personality goes. In CoC, the basic stage is set for you competing against these actual Heroes. If you see that the boss is Captain America, it'll be the actual Captain America talking to you and interacting with you. However, since SGMobile uses different color palettes for different characters, and there aren't that many to choose from, so the interactions feel a bit bland. The deepest interactions was in the final story mode with Panzerfaust, and even that was kinda lackluster. I'm sure there's more coming, but I would like to see, say, a Cerebella (Harlequinn, let's just say) who is a complete and total romantic who sees your meeting as a chance at her finding true love, then at a completely separate node run into a Cerebella (Army one?) who is a sarcastic asshole the whole interaction. The big piece of excitement for me playing CoC right now isn't the combat system, or the collection aspects, it's seeing all the new ways these characters are going to interact with me.

-CoC feels a lot better to run through. When moving from one node to the next, you pick up little bonus XP and gold and stuff. Even if it's not much, it feels good collecting stuff on the way.

-CoC also feels better energy wise. They use a similar energy system, but I really don't like having to recharge my characters every couple fights like I currently do in SGMobile. Even if the amount of energy required is inconsequential, it's tedious and I'm tired of seeing the message telling me to refill.

-There's a resource you can gather to level up. Mechanics for SGMobile are probably more or less set in stone at this point, but it feels good having a resource that you can gather to level up. It means I can choose to level up everyone I have right away, or horde it for rare drops (I do this in Sailor Moon Drops, the one other Mobile game I play, with LVL UP tokens). In SGMobile, it feels like you'll have to grind out every character you get from the beginning, which seems like it'll get tedious when you're up higher in rank and after pouring all this effort into Silver characters you have to start all over when you get a Gold.

-blocking with one finger feels a lot better. Simulates holding back on a controller, too. Not that holding with two fingers is TERRIBLE, but I much prefer one finger.

That's all for now. I'm going to keep playing CoC to see if I find anything else I can add that may be worth relating to SGMobile. IDK how worth trying out the Injustice game is.

Last edited:
I got the beta last Friday and I enjoyed what I saw thus far. I haven't finished Story Mode yet since I was trying to level up some of the characters.

Did the game ever actually address the Story Mode levels with stipulations like "Silver characters only" or "Must have Big Band" in any tutorial? It came out of nowhere and I was confused why I couldn't select certain characters.

That and the amount of character's you're allowed in a fight I personally feel need some better signifiers on the node map.

Stopped lurking and made an account just to give some feedback. Here goes!

First off, massive shout out to whoever runs the @sgmobile twitter over at Hidden Variable. They were super friendly and helped me through some issues I was having getting the beta code up and running. Someone please give them a pat on the back.

Secondly, this is entirely opinion. I'm just volunteering my experience for dev purposes and I'm under no illusions my opinions on the subject are objective and I'm probably wrong about some stuff u-u

I'm going to try to organize this long ramble into sections so it's hopefully more readable. I've skimmed other people's feedback, and I know I'm probably going to be echoing them in some regards, but I just want to get my thoughts down.

Performance!
Game runs beautifully on my iPad Air 2. Not a single hitch, and surprisingly doesn't consume much battery. Not sure what black magic you used here. I have encountered a few crashes (especially against an Inkling peacock during her item drop super, when the last item spawns or is removed it seems to crash a lot!) but nothing too bad.

UI!
One of the first things I noticed was the user interface. It's nice and simple while still remaining in keeping with skullgirls' aesthetic. Most menus feel good, and I especially love that I can throw punches on the character overview screen. The relic screen in particular is weird, though. Why each relic on the 'store page' takes up the entire screen I have no idea. It makes navigating it pretty difficult, especially when you have to scroll down several relics to get to the (curiously buried) daily and break relic.

Characters!
I was a little skeptical of type advantages at first, but they are really fun, especially when I have to tag around to keep the advantage.
Each character 'archetype' feels really really similar in how I'm supposed to play them though, which I think other people have said. Characters feel like they differ from each other in really small ways.
I'm not sure what the point of not being able to equip a special on multiple characters is. (I can't get duplicates of them, right?) I end up moving specials a lot when I want to use a character. It feels like busywork rather than a real game mechanic.

Fightin'!
Controls feel really good in some regards and less good in others. Notably, blocking seems iffy especially if I'm not focusing on making contact with both fingers simultaneously (and instead pressing one finger then the other a few frames later). I cannot throw reliably to save my life ;n; . I really appreciate how simple the controls are, it feels good to pick up and play casually.
Really quickly into my playtime, though, I felt like I wasn't making any significant decisions when it came to fighting. The entire game started to feel like a small flowchart I would run through. Effectively, I would knock down the opponent, block the nearly-guaranteed wakeup super or special, and counterattack, knocking them down again. Rinse and repeat.
I'm not entirely convinced this is a problem of the AI being too predictable (although that IS a problem), rather, simply the number of options I have for attacking. The dash-forward-and-attack seems like a huge liability, so I found myself blocking more often than not, waiting for the opponent to close the distance so I could punish that.

I've found a couple really cool things you can do with tagging in regards to combos, which was really fun, but I felt like when it came to the individual character I'd mastered their combo opportunities really quickly. I started to feel I wasn't making decisions or executing combos of my own design, rather, I was going through the motions.
Similarly to the character's combos, a lot of the special moves (and most blockbusters) feel really... direct. A lot of the specials felt like tap-button-to-deal-damage rather than a move I'd have to integrate into how I was playing. Most blockbusters felt the same way. The status effects each deals weren't really significant enough to differentiate them.

Pretty much every super I ran into was invincible through the entire animation, making it impossible to punish. This felt really weird. I'm still trying to counter-attack character's supers out of habit and getting beat up for it.

I think I can boil down what I feel into the following: without a different means of movement or advance upon my enemy, I don't feel like I have a good means of offence. Instead, I'm looking for sure-fire openings and capitalizing upon them with the same combo every time. Without a vertical component to the game, hitboxes matter a LOT less, so moves start to feel samey.

Advancement!
Dang do I love leveling my characters up, though. The skill tree is neat and I love the feeling that I'm making them better over time. It scratches a certain rpg-progression itch really well.

I love the daily relic and the 'take a break' relic. I really really love them. It keeps me wanting to come back for more and check on the game, and keeps me excited. RNG has been a harsh mistress but I haven't given up hope yet.

Energy!
On the other end of the engagement mechanics spectrum... Hooo boy. The energy system was at best totally inconsequential and at worst annoying. Sometimes I would play for several hours (Hey, it was my day off, don't judge) without ever running into it because of level ups (or I assume that's what is refilling the energy. It's very unclear.). If a character DID run out of energy, I'd simply switch over to versus for the last bit of exp to level them up to get it back.
But then when I did run into energy limits, it was on the high-energy cost nodes with character restrictions and it basically locked me out from playing that node when I wanted to.
I've read in this thread that the purpose of the energy mechanic was to force me to switch up my team, but it didn't feel like the energy mechanic was ever doing that. Instead, the energy mechanic seemed only to limit what nodes I could tackle at any given time, but not who I could do it with. It seemed bizarre and didn't seem to have a purpose.

I really don't like energy systems in games (I far prefer positive rewards for coming back) but I honestly think the game would be better if the energy system was reworked, even slightly, to be more 'consistent', whether that means a global energy system or a different per-character system.

Nitpicks!
For some reason the UI doesn't show the icons of the characters in the enemy team until the match starts. This time during the intro animations is exactly the time I'd like to be figuring out type advantages, especially because often I don't know the fight's participants going in (due to them being ? marks).

When I finish a fight, the game suddenly snaps me back to idle in the blink of an eye, even in the middle of some blockbusters. It makes that final hit feel like it's not having a big impact and is a jarring transition.

Miscellaneous things I love!
I love valentine's forward dash attack. It is such a cool re-purposing of that animation into a new context. The new context (her sliding forward) makes it feel totally new and fresh and is a great way to use an animation for a new purpose.

I just love the character skin names. They're good.

I really like attacking and then dashing back. There's not much reason to do it, but it is really cool feeling.
Actually, I just like the speed of forward dashing and backward dashing a lot. It feels snappy and works well with the controls. (Except for that awkward attack on the end of forward dash that usually gets me hurt.)

The bottom line!
The game is fun. I like it, and I'm glad you are doing it. I just wish it had more depth -- a higher skill ceiling without a higher skill floor. I think you folks are great and I'm glad it seems you are listening to feedback.

That's all for now. I'm sure I'll think of some more stuff later. Sorry if I got anything wrong ;;-;;

Last edited:
some fun ideas for color palette names-
Cirno Peacock 'Frozen Idiot'
Milk-chan Peacock 'Super-chan' or 'Pea-chan'
Grinch Peacock 'Ms. Grump'
Annie Peacock 'Star of the Show'
Gum Squigly 'Deadly Funk' or 'Humming the Deadline'
Jotaro BB 'Star Presto'
DIO Eliza 'Eyes over Meridian'

Stopped lurking and made an account just to give some feedback. Here goes!

First off, massive shout out to whoever runs the @sgmobile twitter over at Hidden Variable. They were super friendly and helped me through some issues I was having getting the beta code up and running. Someone please give them a pat on the back.

Secondly, this is entirely opinion. I'm just volunteering my experience for dev purposes and I'm under no illusions my opinions on the subject are objective and I'm probably wrong about some stuff u-u

I'm going to try to organize this long ramble into sections so it's hopefully more readable. I've skimmed other people's feedback, and I know I'm probably going to be echoing them in some regards, but I just want to get my thoughts down.

Performance!
Game runs beautifully on my iPad Air 2. Not a single hitch, and surprisingly doesn't consume much battery. Not sure what black magic you used here. I have encountered a few crashes (especially against an Inkling peacock during her item drop super, when the last item spawns or is removed it seems to crash a lot!) but nothing too bad.

UI!
One of the first things I noticed was the user interface. It's nice and simple while still remaining in keeping with skullgirls' aesthetic. Most menus feel good, and I especially love that I can throw punches on the character overview screen. The relic screen in particular is weird, though. Why each relic on the 'store page' takes up the entire screen I have no idea. It makes navigating it pretty difficult, especially when you have to scroll down several relics to get to the (curiously buried) daily and break relic.

Characters!
I was a little skeptical of type advantages at first, but they are really fun, especially when I have to tag around to keep the advantage.
Each character 'archetype' feels really really similar in how I'm supposed to play them though, which I think other people have said. Characters feel like they differ from each other in really small ways.
I'm not sure what the point of not being able to equip a special on multiple characters is. (I can't get duplicates of them, right?) I end up moving specials a lot when I want to use a character. It feels like busywork rather than a real game mechanic.

Fightin'!
Controls feel really good in some regards and less good in others. Notably, blocking seems iffy especially if I'm not focusing on making contact with both fingers simultaneously (and instead pressing one finger then the other a few frames later). I cannot throw reliably to save my life ;n; . I really appreciate how simple the controls are, it feels good to pick up and play casually.
Really quickly into my playtime, though, I felt like I wasn't making any significant decisions when it came to fighting. The entire game started to feel like a small flowchart I would run through. Effectively, I would knock down the opponent, block the nearly-guaranteed wakeup super or special, and counterattack, knocking them down again. Rinse and repeat.
I'm not entirely convinced this is a problem of the AI being too predictable (although that IS a problem), rather, simply the number of options I have for attacking. The dash-forward-and-attack seems like a huge liability, so I found myself blocking more often than not, waiting for the opponent to close the distance so I could punish that.

I've found a couple really cool things you can do with tagging in regards to combos, which was really fun, but I felt like when it came to the individual character I'd mastered their combo opportunities really quickly. I started to feel I wasn't making decisions or executing combos of my own design, rather, I was going through the motions.
Similarly to the character's combos, a lot of the special moves (and most blockbusters) feel really... direct. A lot of the specials felt like tap-button-to-deal-damage rather than a move I'd have to integrate into how I was playing. Most blockbusters felt the same way. The status effects each deals weren't really significant enough to differentiate them.

Pretty much every super I ran into was invincible through the entire animation, making it impossible to punish. This felt really weird. I'm still trying to counter-attack character's supers out of habit and getting beat up for it.

I think I can boil down what I feel into the following: without a different means of movement or advance upon my enemy, I don't feel like I have a good means of offence. Instead, I'm looking for sure-fire openings and capitalizing upon them with the same combo every time. Without a vertical component to the game, hitboxes matter a LOT less, so moves start to feel samey.

Advancement!
Dang do I love leveling my characters up, though. The skill tree is neat and I love the feeling that I'm making them better over time. It scratches a certain rpg-progression itch really well.

I love the daily relic and the 'take a break' relic. I really really love them. It keeps me wanting to come back for more and check on the game, and keeps me excited. RNG has been a harsh mistress but I haven't given up hope yet.

Energy!
On the other end of the engagement mechanics spectrum... Hooo boy. The energy system was at best totally inconsequential and at worst annoying. Sometimes I would play for several hours (Hey, it was my day off, don't judge) without ever running into it because of level ups (or I assume that's what is refilling the energy. It's very unclear.). If a character DID run out of energy, I'd simply switch over to versus for the last bit of exp to level them up to get it back.
But then when I did run into energy limits, it was on the high-energy cost nodes with character restrictions and it basically locked me out from playing that node when I wanted to.
I've read in this thread that the purpose of the energy mechanic was to force me to switch up my team, but it didn't feel like the energy mechanic was ever doing that. Instead, the energy mechanic seemed only to limit what nodes I could tackle at any given time, but not who I could do it with. It seemed bizarre and didn't seem to have a purpose.

I really don't like energy systems in games (I far prefer positive rewards for coming back) but I honestly think the game would be better if the energy system was reworked, even slightly, to be more 'consistent', whether that means a global energy system or a different per-character system.

Nitpicks!
For some reason the UI doesn't show the icons of the characters in the enemy team until the match starts. This time during the intro animations is exactly the time I'd like to be figuring out type advantages, especially because often I don't know the fight's participants going in (due to them being ? marks).

When I finish a fight, the game suddenly snaps me back to idle in the blink of an eye, even in the middle of some blockbusters. It makes that final hit feel like it's not having a big impact and is a jarring transition.

Miscellaneous things I love!
I love valentine's forward dash attack. It is such a cool re-purposing of that animation into a new context. The new context (her sliding forward) makes it feel totally new and fresh and is a great way to use an animation for a new purpose.

I just love the character skin names. They're good.

I really like attacking and then dashing back. There's not much reason to do it, but it is really cool feeling.
Actually, I just like the speed of forward dashing and backward dashing a lot. It feels snappy and works well with the controls. (Except for that awkward attack on the end of forward dash that usually gets me hurt.)

The bottom line!
The game is fun. I like it, and I'm glad you are doing it. I just wish it had more depth -- a higher skill ceiling without a higher skill floor. I think you folks are great and I'm glad it seems you are listening to feedback.

That's all for now. I'm sure I'll think of some more stuff later. Sorry if I got anything wrong ;;-;;

Reading this has made my day! We're working as hard as we can to give you guys and gals a good game (that alliteration, though). The fact that you have been enjoying it motivates us to keep our heads down and make the game better and better. We know there is still a lot to fix and a lot of improvements to consider. Your feedback was really great, and we'll do our best to integrate it into our work.

Reactions: Ownface
some fun ideas for color palette names-
Cirno Peacock 'Frozen Idiot'
Milk-chan Peacock 'Super-chan' or 'Pea-chan'
Grinch Peacock 'Ms. Grump'
Annie Peacock 'Star of the Show'
Gum Squigly 'Deadly Funk' or 'Humming the Deadline'
Jotaro BB 'Star Presto'
DIO Eliza 'Eyes over Meridian'
Captain Commando Parasoul: Commanding General or Captain Fire
Joker Peacock: The Killing Grin.
Mega Drive Big Band: Mega Power or Genesist
Famicom Big Band: Nintendon't
Big The Cat Big Band: Big Fisher or Finding Froggy
Hatsune Miku Filia: Hairtsune.
Captain America Beowulf: Final Justice
Batman Beowulf: The Full-Moon Knight
Jax Beowulf: Gotcha!
I'm not very creative right now, but I'm sure something good will come out of my head...

Hi hi
Here's some feedback in more extended fashion.

- Specifically, Valentine's dash attack puts too much hitstun, making it possible to link a new chain of attacks that will count as having NOT used dash attack. Essentially, dash, wait just a tad, attacks, dash, wait just a tad... the window is probably around 3 or 4f so it's easily repeatable to the point of having a 150 Val kill a 900 anything given some time.

- Landing animation and recovering hitstun animation does not allow you to block. This means, launch, wait, repeat ground chain on landing into launch, wait... is possible. It's easier for some characters, but also allows for launch x forever with everyone pretty much. Adding more recovery on non-cancelled launchers will probably help, as will letting people block in landing animation (I was infinited by a Parasoul bot that was doing normals, launch, air combo, land, normals... because even when I kept holding block I couldn't block during landing and she got me again until she messed up chaining a launcher).

-Incoming attacks are 100% unblockable because you enter from the air. I suppose if you could air block this would also go away.

And quite literally, these are the only major problems I've seen. Game's fun.