• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls Mobile General Discussion

When is wave 2

Say, I don't fully understand the numbers below the characters. You know, the ones that are added up and compared to the AI's before a match begin. They seem to go way up after a Daily Events match, even if I lose, and they seem to decrease in Story Mode after they pass a certain number (around 700 or so). Any details on how this is calculated, or why Daily Events are prioritized over Story?

Huh felt like a short beta run. Still at least we won't be getting locked out.

Huh, still feels to me like there's a lot of things that should be reworked and tested further - neutral game, infinites, unblockables, energy, and the grind. Hope this doesn't mean they won't be changing very much.

Huh, still feels to me like there's a lot of things that should be reworked and tested further - neutral game, infinites, unblockables, energy, and the grind. Hope this doesn't mean they won't be changing very much.
Ending the beta doesn't mean we're done working on the game. As mentioned in the FAQ, we want to focus the final game 100% and running a beta requires a lot of overhead for such a small team. Current testers can keep playing as well!

Ah well. I'll enjoy the time when it lasts. (Unless we get to keep it.)

Will we beta people get anything special for the full release version?

so idk if this was addressed and i know someone at lab zero might have said something but the new story mode in skullgirls mobile and potential new characters will those make their way to 2nd encore? i dont mind downloading the mobile game but id like to experience the story and stuff on my tv with a fightpad.

no.

the only thing that is coming from the mobile version over to the main game is the new intros for the characters, each one is going to have a total of 3 intros. Right now only the first season of characters are going to get these intros.

any story elements that are going to be in the mobile version is going to stay in the mobile version.

any possible [these are not guaranteed] new characters that are made for the mobile will be put aside for the possibility of SG2: Reruns. or what ever it might be called. This is mostly because in SG Mobile the characters are using roughly a third of all their frames from the main game, so a new character would most likely be only a 3rd complete animation wise so at that point if LZ wanted that new character in the main game they would have to spend more time and money on completing it, balancing it, and then implementing said character. Something that LZ really shouldn't be doing given that they have another game on their plate right now. For right now the new intros are short and quick and it's just a little something extra for when the lobby patch comes out.

Reactions: HiroProtagonest
I wish I just could play the game already

December or end of the year. Not that long honestly.

Honestly I feel like it's been a long ass time since anything maJor happened with Skullgirls at ALL. And if this becomes any kind of competitive online wise, it might end up at Evo. How weird would it be to have an entire booth of nothing but people standing and playing tournament matches IN BETWEEN TOURNAMENT MATCHES. Mind=fuck.

Speaking of that raises the question does anyone think SG mobile will be any kind of competitive? I've seen some really good players but I'm not sure.

NOTE: My bad didn't read the plans on PvP.
Also NinJa, are you the youtube channel NinJa that is all the fuck over Lythero's comments?

Last edited:
no i'm just someone who uses the exact same avatar all over the community. And I am not friends with Lee. Lee is a nerd who has completely dropped SG even though he had a cool thing going with Beo Robo.

[snark snark]

Honestly SG Mobile is there for the casual market and for the most part it's going to really be a hit with em. Hidden Variable is going to do good for LabZero.

I didn't vote but if i did I'll pick Umbrella and/or Marie

Ajna. Gotta push those cross-promotions!

I really wanted Leduc too. I need him on my team with Peacock to whoop some ass with my adorable cyborg OTP :PUN:

I really wanted Leduc too. I need him on my team with Peacock to whoop some ass with my adorable cyborg OTP :PUN:
Any lab 8 person would be great, it would make a nice set of three.

Hate to be, "That Guy" but it appears a 2016 release date wasn't possible. Unless I'm Just stupid and somehow managed to totally miss the release.

sgm_feb_052.png
owo whats this

Is the full release game gonna be named "Skullgirls" like back in closed beta? Or is it gonna be called "LINE Skullgirls" like the soft launch version currently on the Philippines App Store?

My guess is it's going to be called "SkullGirls: Mobile" or some sub title that follows the theme of movies and such.

Skullgirls: Straight to DVD

I can't wait to see what the team does to keep up the hype!

I can't wait to see what the team does to keep up the hype!
MERCHANDISING!

...I feel like making Spaceballs references.

Reactions: WulfDen