• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls PC Beta Updates Discussion

Eliza calling horus as a point has a lot of startup. So just wait for horus to finish his attack before starting pressure. Hell you could purposely jump into him, block, then full combo punish eliza for it.

For the whole Solo red life snap healing thing vs teams, I think if a team snaps the solo, they should get oki so it's more similar to how you snap a character on a team. As it stands now, solos get way more benefit from snapping a team than the other way around. Team snapping a solo doesn't even get OTG or anything, so the only thing you get is removing the health they might have gotten back if they snapped you, and risking momentum, and position (which you will give up if it's not into the corner), whereas if a solo snaps, not only do they get to recover lost health, they get get to remove your health, get an incoming mixup and the chance to kill a problem character. You can't get that kind of value on a team snapping a solo.

I think Teams snapping a solo should do something to give you oki, or at the very least, act like a normal snap that refreshes your OTG. This whole thing where a team snap on a solo gives blue tech makes it so lopsided in favour of solos in terms of value for meter spent.

And apparently, in the solo mirror, neither player gets to refresh their OTG from a snap. What's up with that?

As it stands now, solos get way more benefit from snapping a team than the other way around.

Why is this a problem? Teams get a bumillion benefits that solos don't, are solos not allowed to have anything going for them except raw damage/health?

Ohh yeah idk if this was mentioned but apparently if you snap after grabbing someone with solo beowulf you don't heal

Ohh yeah idk if this was mentioned but apparently if you snap after grabbing someone with solo beowulf you don't heal
you mean the trash can snap?

Mike already knows. I imagine this'll get tackled during this week's Beowulf polish that's supposed to happen.

What happened to the snap wall bounce?

What happened to the snap wall bounce?

Mike took that away from Teams snapping a Solo so that teams can't just keep a solo combo'd forever, snap them, and then keep comboing them even further. Solos snapping vs the last character of a team and Solo v Solo still has the wall bounce.

When snapping in other characters of a team? No. And while I can't check, I'm fairly certain it doesn't lower undizzy in those cases I mentioned either. At the very least, I know IPS carries on.

That.. was my point. It doesn't (unless there was some Beta change I missed?).
So how exactly does "long combo, Snap, even longer combo!" work out?
You are spending a meter on adding 20 Ud to your combo, "combo forever" is not gonna happen

I mean, I don't care it's gone as I have never used it, but it sure didn't feel like it was too good
Looked to me like more of a "I want the health regain to at least be reliable" (which it won't be if Teams can remove your red life midcombo) kinda thing

And no, Team vs Solo doesn't need Oki on Snaps or whatever

Last edited:
Reactions: WarpedEcho
Oh yeah forgot snaps take away redlife on solos now. Bounce into more damage plus stealing red life does sound too good.

Looked to me like more of a "I want the health regain to at least be reliable" (which it won't be if Teams can remove your red life midcombo) kinda thing
I believe it is. I'm pretty sure that's what fenster was implying too, considering the strength of resets in this game.

For example:
The viability of some of the resets may be questionable but the proof of concept is there.

Last edited:
Reactions: fenster
I agree that teams should get some parallel for the red life heal that solos get.

Also, solos should get a parallel for AC, DHC (it is super fun to know that you will literally lose every time you counter-super), assists, and passive health regen while tagged out.

Fukua players please respond:
Am I the only one who can't cancel c. HP to mk shadow anymore? It only cancels like 1/10 tries but canceling to lk and hk shadow are fine.

Am I the only one who can't cancel c. HP to mk shadow anymore? It only cancels like 1/10 tries but canceling to lk and hk shadow are fine.

No issues here, maybe your MK button is broken.

can confirm it is only you. UNLESS you hit someone with M shadow already then you can't use the shadow anymore.

At the end of the day i'll put my thought on the H shadow change i'll need a bit more matches before posting.

Teams already have this. It's called switching out.

Yeah... it was sarcasm.

Worldjem wants teams to get a snap buff since solos have a buffed snap for them.

My post was calling attention to the fact that teams get AC, DHC, assists, and red regen while solos have no comparable mechanics.

In other words, don't dare bitch about something solos have that teams don't...

can we just say what we intended from now on instead of this "huehue here comes my joke" i mean i see the sarcasm being right there and you can pick it up but some of it i got lost.

FORTUNE PLAYERS:
how's headless?!

IIRC that's always been possible
Air super sneeze L fiber right?

can we just say what we intended from now on instead of this "huehue here comes my joke" i mean i see the sarcasm being right there and you can pick it up but some of it i got lost.

FORTUNE PLAYERS:
how's headless?!
Not gonna lie I almost fell for Spencer's post but in hindsight the sarcasm was pretty obvious.

As for headless... it's almost like I'm playing SDE again, yay.

On robo fortunes jump cancel vs airdash. I feel air dash is more useful but i like the change in gameplay style with the jump cancels. looks cooler too. Go guilty gear representation yay. The only problem i have with the air attack jump cancels is when you try to adjust her j.HK (hella-copter thing) to go upward it makes her jump cancel if you do it after the hit.

Would it be possible to make it so if you are holding HK she won't jump. Kinda like how you can hold HP with Ms.fortune if you don't want to hit her head while headless?

Reactions: Sydoh
Why is this a problem? Teams get a bumillion benefits that solos don't, are solos not allowed to have anything going for them except raw damage/health?
Worldjem wants teams to get a snap buff since solos have a buffed snap for them.
My post was calling attention to the fact that teams get AC, DHC, assists, and red regen while solos have no comparable mechanics.
In other words, don't dare bitch about something solos have that teams don't...

You're both overreacting. The new health/snap change helps to make solos more analogous to teams in that they can now heal red health if they snap and lose red health if they are snapped. That's fine, and I'm all for closing that gap as much as possible. However, the way a snap behaves should be consistent across all team sizes because it is a universal mechanic.

This has nothing to do with mechanics that Solos lack compared to teams, or vice versa, and has everything to do with a universal mechanic becoming inconsistent. A snap is a universal mechanic, that costs meter, available to any team size, so it should have the same value across team sizes. I don't want team snaps vs solo to be better than solo snaps vs teams, I want them to have the same value.

All I'm saying is a snap should universally give you some sort of oki situation if it doesn't refresh your otg (which it does in every case except vs solo).

You're both overreacting. The new health/snap change helps to make solos more analogous to teams in that they can now heal red health if they snap and lose red health if they are snapped. That's fine, and I'm all for closing that gap as much as possible. However, the way a snap behaves should be consistent across all team sizes because it is a universal mechanic.

This has nothing to do with mechanics that Solos lack compared to teams, or vice versa, and has everything to do with a universal mechanic becoming inconsistent. A snap is a universal mechanic, that costs meter, available to any team size, so it should have the same value across team sizes. I don't want team snaps vs solo to be better than solo snaps vs teams, I want them to have the same value.

All I'm saying is a snap should universally give you some sort of oki situation if it doesn't refresh your otg (which it does in every case except vs solo).
Your title says super mod, but it should really say super mad. :PUN:

I'm glad that team sizes are universal and all the same. All I'm saying is this discrepancy on the part of other members of the community shows that they know nothing, and that Worldjem the great is always right. All I'm saying is we should get crumple or sliding knockdown for any character that snaps a solo because that is obviously fair and balanced across the board regardless of character. Especially considering Mike specifically removed sliding knockdown and such from assists. Dickishness aside, outside of ToD's you could get against solo fortune when you snapped with certain characters, I honestly don't see a reason to not get OTG back though.

I hate solos with a passion can we just make everyone play trips :^)

I hate solos with a passion can we just make everyone play trips :^)
HA AH AH AH AH AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
NO.
Let the solos keep the health on snapback. I think it's pretty balanced with that.

No issues here, maybe your MK button is broken.
was hoping this is not the issue but its looking like it

This just in, we aren't a hive mind

This train of thought is really bad and you should feel bad
I mean when basically everyone agrees that solos are weaker than teams....

And I feel terrible, thank you. *harumph*

Reactions: Midiman and gllt
Any chance of an input buffer after Valentine's Savage Bypass to make the air dash links easier?

(Or an easier/better way to convert off of her air throw but I guess that's asking too much)

Beta headless Fortune feels great, it's really hard to go back to retail after playing her in beta.

Reactions: ReSpAwNz67
Beta headless Fortune feels great, it's really hard to go back to retail after playing her in beta.
It's hard for me to go back to playing retail in general after playing beta so much. I can't even begin to describe how much better the game feels.

That said I also feel more incentive to play headless.

Reactions: Sydoh