• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls PC Beta Updates Discussion

I don't think SG got stream time to discuss beta changes today, did they? I tried to skip through the archive and I may have skipped it.

I don't think SG got stream time to discuss beta changes today, did they? I tried to skip through the archive and I may have skipped it.

For Rebel Up? It's probably gonna happen after all the games finish.

I asked a while back and that they dont do it on stream

I asked a while back and that they dont do it on stream

When? Because they said because there was no Gundam on the stream today they would.

When? Because they said because there was no Gundam on the stream today they would.
Oh did they? It was a while back

Oh did they? It was a while back

I mean. That's what they said so I would like to believe them. BBCP is almost over so we shall see soon.

Any PWs notice a difference with CH being removed from fly?

Any PWs notice a difference with CH being removed from fly?
CH off fly was removed like a million years ago.

unless that's something else?

CH off fly was removed like a million years ago.

unless that's something else?

That makes a ton more sense then. For some reason it is listing first on my steam announcement page. My bad.

@Mike_Z if the snapback effects and super kill screen don't fit on the PS360 memory, please can we keep them for PS4/PC version if it's not irritating?

@Mike_Z if the snapback effects and super kill screen don't fit on the PS360 memory, please can we keep them for PS4/PC version if it's not irritating?

They were shown off ON the PS3 version, on a dev console. They are possible with the memory Mike freed through a bit of programming wizardry, so unless I'm confused that front shouldn't be an issue.

They were shown off ON the PS3 version, on a dev console. They are possible with the memory Mike freed through a bit of programming wizardry, so unless I'm confused that front shouldn't be an issue.
Dev kits have extra memory for debugging purposes IIRC.

Dev kits have extra memory for debugging purposes IIRC.
Devkits yes, test kits (the things you see in public) no.
In fact they have LESS memory than real PS3s, because the debugger stuff takes up like 2-3MB.

Reactions: Mr. X
are we gonna get ACTION LINES for assist infinites after killing a point character as well?

are we gonna get ACTION LINES for assist infinites after killing a point character as well?
Please.

Oh hey, there's few beta experiments in effect at the moment:

- Big Band stops sliding during A-Train as soon as he starts to grab. Maybe this makes it easier to connect with, maybe not!
- Painwheel's Lv3 has 3 hits of armor instead of 1.

Are these important? I have no idea. Maybe?

PW's lvl 3 has some interesting uses if you can get the meter for it.

It is going to blow right through Peacock's spam if she isn't slick about it.

The problem is I can't see getting 3 meters to use it unless you were already winning the fight.

As a DHC though? That could be super sexy.

The "why are you so bad at videogames" line following a successful doublesnap kill would be what dreams are made of.

This is better in the bug section, but mike has me on ignore, so, can someone test and pass it along that the record function no lo longer works on the beta? Save state and all that still works but record wont. Record still works in the non beta though, and based on save state still working plus record still working in the retail game, i know my button is working, and i know it isnt something that the retail version is having problems with which suggests its a bug from something else getting messed with.

Someone pass along to mike pls

Thx

Is your recording number actually set to a number? You can't record on Random, for instance.

This is better in the bug section, but mike has me on ignore, so, can someone test and pass it along that the record function no lo longer works on the beta? Save state and all that still works but record wont. Record still works in the non beta though, and based on save state still working plus record still working in the retail game, i know my button is working, and i know it isnt something that the retail version is having problems with which suggests its a bug from something else getting messed with.

Someone pass along to mike pls

Thx
recording still works for me, it is probably a problem on your end

Reactions: Dime
Hmmm... Well I'm no programmer of any sort... But why does it work on retail for me and not on beta with the same controller? It may be on my end but id bet at least 10 dollars its a bug of some sort that doesnt affect everyone.

Thanks for checking it out though :)

Hmmm... Well I'm no programmer of any sort... But why does it work on retail for me and not on beta with the same controller? It may be on my end but id bet at least 10 dollars its a bug of some sort that doesnt affect everyone.

you should make sure that all of the same options are checked off between the versions

The Poccola effect doesn't really work if you have the in-game music disabled
Maybe it could be a user-configurable setting?

The Poccola effect doesn't really work if you have the in-game music disabled
Maybe it could be a user-configurable setting?
do you still get the action lines?

Did you read Broken Loose's post?

If you have "Playback" on Sequential/Random instead of 1/2/3, you can't record.

do you still get the action lines?
By "not really work" I mean it's not very spectacular with just the lines and no hype music, so it'd be better to have an option to disable it

Oh Yeah!
Mike!
Separate menu and stage music sliders, how hard are they to implement‽

Reactions: gluemchen
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

I'm just saying, there is a guy who did voice work for SG that may be able to do this

Those things need UI implementation. That's why we haven't got voice packs already.

New super kill screen looks awesome. Only problem is that the character outline is layered in the foreground over everything else rather than being in the background behind them, which I'm guessing isn't intended.

But otherwise yeah man, this is awesome.

The reason why it overlaps everything is probably because otherwise you can't see it. Other solutions would be very time intensive to get working. Atleast thats my guess. I think it's good the way it is now.

Oh Yeah!
Mike!
Separate menu and stage music sliders, how hard are they to implement‽
Yeah... UI sounds can really be harsh on the ears. It would be nice if not time/cost intensive to implement. I agree though.

New Beta Patch today

http://steamcommunity.com/games/208610/announcements/detail/237881031112589724

General
- Super Finish effect version 3! Sepia tone and better portraits; fix bugs where certain supers wouldn't trigger it (Double's Lv5 rings, etc); fix bug where supers that change the background would trigger it, they no longer will (Double's Lv3, Flatline, etc); explicitly add it for Ultimate Showstopper -> Devil Horns because METAL!
- Fix occasional wrong-way-input reversal attacks for Fukua after a successful BFFs finishes.
- Fix a bunch of bugs with Fukua's j.HK (didn't dive against Marie, went totally bonkers if it hit Horace, etc) by implementing it the correct way instead of the janky way. For complicated reasons this meant reducing the active time to 1f because it would still break if it hit with the 2nd+ active frame, so! Fukua j.HK active time 3f->1f.

Beta stuff that was already on the list but was waiting until after Evo so PS3/360 owners could practice for Evo...
- Cerebella's Diamond Dynamo's first active frame (while opponent is frozen) has a smaller hitbox than the frames after it, like most other Lv1s; invincibility shortened to only overlap the first few active frames, like all other Lv1s. Excellabella/Cerecopter -> Dynamo still works.
- Fukua's Drill Of My Dreams is now possible in the air; pre-flash startup is now 6f.
- Fukua's command throw startup 4f->8f, damage 1800->2000.
- Fukua's fireballs: damage 350->700, chip dmg 150->300; decrease hitstun/blockstun on all fireballs to ground LP fireball values; air fireballs do not bounce.
- Fukua's airthrow now regular techable knockdown, but much easier to combo into air fireball super after it.
- Fukua's BFFs startup +3f, increases the window to whiff a throw and still block the super from 1f to 4f.

Eliza
- Crouching normal attack VO. Some bits are not final, don't worry.

Wow Fukua buffs. But I guess BFF getting nerfed kinda helps mitigate that. I hope