• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls PC Beta Updates Discussion

That's only the *first frame* hitbox for Dynamo, which happens during the hitstop. The regular hitbox happens right after it (it used to be the regular box for 4f, now it is the smaller one for 1f then the regular one for 3f). If you are in the middle of doing something in the air, you're still going to get nailed, but if you weren't doing something you have a chance to block it.
It's the same way Painwheel's air super or any other forward-moving super works, the unblockable frame is smaller than the rest by virtue of either positioning or hitbox size.

awesome so now bella has 2 almost useless reversals instead of just one.
This post contains no useful information about what your actual complaint is, nor any helpful insight into how it might be resolved.
It still hits most jumpins and IAD junk as well as being wider horizontally than the previous box so more useful vs ground.
Why don't you try it before you complain?
I guess that's expecting too much.

On the Pocolla effect. I like the visual effect, but I find sudden music changes to be jarring and annoying. Instead of completely removing the music changes because I'm sure some folks like it, how about we get an option for the music change? Can you do that @Mike_Z ? (Did I even need to tag you? Won't do it in the future, if not.)
Oh right, the actual reason I was here.
I don't think I've assigned the code "ihatefun" to anything yet. :^)

kinda hate that
and
are now possible
Take solace in the thousands of dollars more you have made off SG this year than I have. And try using other moves. :^)

[edit]Actually as a halfway-serious question, would you prefer it be 100% reversal-able (as in, no hitstop) to avoid those? I bet not, but might as well ask.

You hate that an Emptyjump doesn't lose to your mashed Super?
It's not the empty jump, it's the fact that the assist takes the hit (which no longer reaches all the way up on the frame it hits the assist).

@dekillsage
Srsly, answer my edit question. Cuz you ain't keepin' what it was, for reasons I would HOPE you understand.

Re: Fukua

In a nutshell, the new stun/damage change to fireballs is fine (maybe add a bit more blockstun), but please give back everything else (Including bouncy air fireballs).

Details below (please don't hate me)
PLEASE GIVE BACK BFF! It's so terrible now.

Can't combo Drill > BFF
more moves will whiff on it and be blockable (namely throws) making it almost useless to use as a reversal. Also, please fix the fact that it can be crossed up in the corner.

Please make it less startup.

If BFF doesn't come back then please make Drill super invincible and useable as a reversal air and ground.

Command throw:
I don't know why this needed to be changed, but I'd prefer the 4f startup.

For airthrow:
If it goes back to being hard knockdown, I'd like to have bouncing air fireballs back.

Otherwise, I am ok with being able to combo off airthrow as it is now if the bouncing air fireballs don't come back, but it'd be nice if it was a bit easier to combo after.

I am ok with the fireball stun and damage change, but maybe add more blockstun to it.

Also, please fix the fact that it can be crossed up in the corner.
Hey, that's a legit bug. This I can do.

You can still combo BFF off many other things (cr.HP and s.HK come to mind). Her not being able to do a reversal drill to full combo doesn't bother me in the slightest.

And yeah, it's a worse reversal, but it's still just as good a read.

Would you still take drill->BFF if drill wasn't invincible at all?

It is a massive change but only in a tiny handful of situations. The giant arm-wavy hitbox comes out almost immediately after that dinky one... so I think it looks worse than it is.

Yes. This change really only affects matchups where Bella's opponent has an invincible air super to mash after the first active frame of Dynamo whiffs on them. Everybody else is going to get caught with the 2nd active frame anyway.

Honestly its an awfully weird thing to nerf.

I'd rather it have hitstop. I also thought it needed a nerf. I don't mind the invincibility on it being shortened or the hitbox being changed but you made it so that there's no reason for someone to not jump at me because you can block on reaction. It doesn't have to hit the top of the screen like it used too but can you at least make the hitbox hit a bit higher?

I want L/M Drill > BFF to be able to convert button presses into damage;
s.MK xx L.Drill xx BFF, s.MP xx L.Drill xx BFF, c.HP xx M.Drill xx BFF, etc were all important Footsie tools before,
And now she can't really press buttons anymore as she's the worst at converting them into anything (Filia! can c.HP xx Gregor and her c.HP is better than Fukuas ;_;)

Fukua in my mind is a Swiss Army Knife, she has moves that help her in a ton of situations. So I kinda like the fact that she got nerffed a little, might make players stop auto piloting with her and getting easy free combos from a stray fireball or a random drill. But on the flipside she can now mash air super so doing a air grab reset just seems dumb now. Overall I like it Mike.

Man dat dynamo change hurts.

Moreso because it's visually messing with me.
Cerebella.....Vice-Versa's arms are THERE, right THERE, why are people playing jump rope?
I'd rather lose invincibility than it's hitbox.

Keep HK drill invuln, but allow L/M Drill to combo into BFF?

But on the flipside she can now mash air super so doing a air grab reset just seems dumb now. Overall I like it Mike.

Except that drill super is not invincible startup, and can't be used as a reversal.

But on the flipside she can now mash air super so doing a air grab reset just seems dumb now.
Fukua Air Super has 6 vuln startup frames
If she can mash Air Super somewhere, she could just as well mash j.LP before (is actually better since it leads to more damage and is safe on block at the cost of 1f more startup)

Except that drill is not invincible startup, and can't be used as a reversal.

Meh, what ever. I don't even play her... All know is people are crying over this and I'm like "Okay this doesn't truly hurt me in anyway. Even though I play Bella I'm not sad about the Dynamo change."

I want L/M Drill > BFF to be able to convert button presses into damage;
s.MK xx L.Drill xx BFF, s.MP xx L.Drill xx BFF, c.HP xx M.Drill xx BFF, etc were all important Footsie tools before,
And now she can't really press buttons anymore as she's the worst at converting them into anything (Filia! can c.HP xx Gregor and her c.HP is better than Fukuas ;_;)
Doesn't she have super fireball into sliding knockdown from literally anything?

Aside: How much invuln does New Dynamo have?

Only the ground version and it's not invincible. And the sliding knockdown isn't as useful without the bouncing air fireballs.

Dynamo is(was?) probably the best level 1 in the game so it's not shocking to see it nerfed. I thought the justification for all of Bella's normals was the motion her arms make though. Seems odd to break tradition just for this move..

Can't really speak to Fukua changes but I really liked the bouncing fireballs. I understand them being taken away with the damage and chip buffs but I just thought they were a unique and interesting zoning tool.

Last edited:
Man can we put some hurtboxes on Vice Versa's arms near the back and mess with hitboxes a little?

Just outright cutting him off for frame 1 seems odd.

She does, but you
1) Heavily outfootsie your opponent
2) Spend a bar
to get 3.5k damage;
Followed by a telegraphed 50/50 where one of the options is heavily scaled and costs me another bar.

Before, you'd get 6k+ for the meter; sprinkled with various reset points for an overall much more reliable way of dealing damage.

A rather significant nerf to the one area where Fukua really didn't need to get touched IMO (space control with ground normals).

I'd rather it have hitstop. I also thought it needed a nerf. I don't mind the invincibility on it being shortened or the hitbox being changed but you made it so that there's no reason for someone to not jump at me because you can block on reaction. It doesn't have to hit the top of the screen like it used too but can you at least make the hitbox hit a bit higher?
Actually I can fix that thing you posted without changing the new hitbox at all. Watch!

Yes. This change really only affects matchups where Bella's opponent has an invincible air super to mash after the first active frame of Dynamo whiffs on them.
That's not at all true, it affects any situation where they can jump at you and hit a button if you didn't Dynamo but block on reaction if you did.

was dynamo that much of a problem that it needed to be nerfed that bad? I mean it's literally death on block

Last edited:
Oh right, the actual reason I was here.
I don't think I've assigned the code "ihatefun" to anything yet. :^)

Please?
Have you ever had fun before and then not had fun? It makes the rest of the day so much more unbearable in comparison.

This dynamo thing is kinda making me sad. But Mike said he can fix the thing Sage showed without changing the hitbox? So I'll wait to see what happens I guess.

Was the ability to do this intentional?
That sort of thing is actually the point of this exercise, yes. Dynamo is no longer always the right answer to everything.

Though some of that is Filia's hitboxes, which aren't being addressed yet.

And yeah, I fixed the sac-assist thing already.

the only thing I was sad about was no bouncing air fireball. Everything else is fine. My Bnb's work just the same. Just another adjustment

Was the ability to do this intentional?

and kk omw to watch
Hopefully it's by making Gregor even worse.
I'm always down for making Gregor worse. And Neutral Milk Hotel. <3
Holy shit, you people are fucking unbelievable.

Gregor trades with a baited level 1 and you people are calling for nerfs? This is worse than the time Gregor got nerfed because EKG was too good.

I, Broken_Loose, believe Filia is actually vanilla Painwheel. Again.

Nothing to see here folks.

How exactly is j.hk a bait? Or rather, why should it be a bait in addition to everything else it does?

I haven't played with new dynamo yet, but damn that hitbox looks odd now.

I've bopped Bella in the back of the head a lot of times today.

It does feel good, gotta admit it. Don't know is she deserves it though...

Back