• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls PC Beta Updates Discussion

If you set the dummy to playback "As Reversal" the attack should come out of the first possible frame.

Reactions: SonicFox
If you set the dummy to playback "As Reversal" the attack should come out of the first possible frame.
Good. Well then scratch that, I need this to happen on the first frame my opponent gets up then lol

Is it possible to make an option for the dummy in training mode to do an alpha counter after a blocked hit? (after X blocked hits would be killer)

Is it possible to make an option for the dummy in training mode to do an alpha counter after a blocked hit? (after X blocked hits would be killer)

You can set it up with recorded inputs just like any other reversal.

You can set it up with recorded inputs just like any other reversal.
How? When I record forward+tag as a reversal, they just tag on block.

Reactions: Dime
How? When I record forward+tag as a reversal, they just tag on block.
Yeah that doesn't make much sense. Reversals come out AFTER blockstun ends, not during blockstun.

I don't know where else to say this but the lobbies still break way too often.
Quite a few times tonight I was supposed to load into a match and just got a black screen, returning me to the lobby select screen.
This was in both main-game and beta, so... again, not sure where to post this :/

man. you guys want to nerf the wrong characters :\
Bella is the most deserving in the game imo. Look at all the tools she has but meh whatever.

Reactions: Wenzel
Bella is the most deserving in the game imo. Look at all the tools she has but meh whatever.
Dude drop it. Shits annoying. Idgaf at this point who gets nerfed anymore. I'd rather not bug mike for something about gameplay Since now i know we may not get replays. Fuck this thread.

870.gif
No I don't have anything else to add, I think this adds way more to the discussion of SG Beta than the past few pages.

Skullgirls RoboBeta Patch Notes - 5/13

General
- Fixed incredibly rare Beta-only startup crash.
- Updated the "Perfect!" animation to make it a bit more apparent. Thanks Brady!
- Training Mode now displays a red X if you try to record/erase a dummy recording with the Slot set to Sequential or Random, instead of just not doing anything. Hopefully this is a teensy bit more informative.
- Added vertical dividers every 5 frames in Training Mode Advanced Attack Data, and made the scrolling work slightly better. Thanks CaioLugon and others.
- The Beta now prints "Beta" at the top of the screen / in the timer. Should'a done this a long time ago. :^P
- Added IPS, Drama, and Combo Stage tutorials! There are some known bugs. Thanks render!

RoboFortune
- Heads now behave differently/better on death.
- Fixed c.HK head launch not interacting properly with other projectiles. Thanks MegamanDS #Top300Fukua.
- Increased hitbox size on c.HK head launch.
- Fixed up her tutorial a bit. Thanks again, render!

- Training Mode now displays a red X if you try to record/erase a dummy recording with the Slot set to Sequential or Random, instead of just not doing anything. Hopefully this is a teensy bit more informative.
I'm a huge moron and constantly try to record when the dummy is set to random so I'm glad this was added.

Reactions: Wenzel
so when you try the new lobby names it just says official skullgirls match!. Probably not the first to notice it but just wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy

E: wait I lied all the names are mixed up? Robos name=Fukua
beo=big band
eliza=Official SG room
Fukua=offiicial SG match
Big band=Official SG tournament

-The "BETA" text is off center enough to be irritating (to me anyway), obviously this isn't something that needs a prioritized fix if the beta is going away with robo's release but if it wouldn't be hard to center it above the timer/menu that would be nice.
-I don't *know* if this would be an issue or not (probably not) but i guess I just wanted to point out that the combo stage and IPS tutorials use beowulf, making them the only non-DLC character tutorials that have DLC characters in them. Would this mess things up if someone didn't own the beowulf dlc?

Other than that excellent work on the tutorials, teaching new players about burst baits and that bursting isn't always a free "get out of being comboed" card is really helpful.

so when you try the new lobby names it just says official skullgirls match!. Probably not the first to notice it but just wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy

beo=big band
eliza=Official SG room
Fukua=offiicial SG match

Whaaaat. That's weird. I totally checked in-game before committing those. I'll look into it and get it fixed. Thanks for the heads up!

-I don't *know* if this would be an issue or not (probably not) but i guess I just wanted to point out that the combo stage and IPS tutorials use beowulf, making them the only non-DLC character tutorials that have DLC characters in them. Would this mess things up if someone didn't own the beowulf dlc?

Other than that excellent work on the tutorials, teaching new players about burst baits and that bursting isn't always a free "get out of being comboed" card is really helpful.
It doesn't. People without DLC can fight DLC characters online because the game data contains them.

beo=big band
eliza=Official SG room
Fukua=offiicial SG match

Actually this isn't happening for me... You're talking about the Beta, right? or non-Beta?

Actually this isn't happening for me... You're talking about the Beta, right? or non-Beta?
Yeah it was in beta for me

Here is how I set it up and what it shows
RgnA7ij.png

Yeah it was in beta for me

Here is how I set it up and what it shows
RgnA7ij.png

OH, okay, I see. It shows up fine in the Lobby Name menu but when you actually choose it, the lobby name is just Official Skullgirls Tournament. Got it. Okay, I'll see about fixing that.

Oh well, rejoice at new lobby names!

So Squigly's Raging Demon. I think it would look better if the forward-sliding animation was her 'zombie hop' from her punch stance and the pose she does after the move hits the opponent is her standing still in Punch Stance.

But I'm aware it is a super low priority to make any changes to it.

So Squigly's Raging Demon. I think it would look better if the forward-sliding animation was her 'zombie hop' from her punch stance and the pose she does after the move hits the opponent is her standing still in Punch Stance.

But I'm aware it is a super low priority to make any changes to it.
Mike has already said he likes it the way it is.

@Mike_Z I know I'm missing something, but in training mode, for dummy action, my only choices are manual, crouch and jump. Why can't I just have stand?

@Mike_Z I know I'm missing something, but in training mode, for dummy action, my only choices are manual, crouch and jump. Why can't I just have stand?
Manual is stand / input from P2.

That's because Lenny has a small window for Sequels to begin with, as it's a passive super instead of an active attack

So mike, this issue has been brought up before but bigband's E-brake is 3 frames faster when done out of A-train than when done out of Brass knuckles, is this going to get fixed?

So mike, this issue has been brought up before but bigband's E-brake is 3 frames faster when done out of A-train than when done out of Brass knuckles, is this going to get fixed?
In the big band thread he replied

"That is really fucking cool"

Or some such... So probably not.

Reactions: Aden
time to make e brake out of a train 3 frames slower ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Reactions: Fosh
He already said if he does anything, he'll make it slower. So yeah, stop asking.

Reactions: Apex
So Squigly's Raging Demon. I think it would look better if the forward-sliding animation was her 'zombie hop' from her punch stance
It already is those exact frames. It looks much stupider if she just hops repeatedly.
and the pose she does after the move hits the opponent is her standing still in Punch Stance.
This also looks much stupider, and is much more obviously animation reuse. :^P

Nah, A-Train EBrake can stay faster. LK Runstop is already 1f faster than LP, so "kicks are faster" because reasons, why not. It also has an extra hit of armor over Brass while moving!

Reactions: Mr. X and CaioLugon
It already is those exact frames. It looks much stupider if she just hops repeatedly.

This also looks much stupider, and is much more obviously animation reuse. :^P

Ah well I should have known you'd have already experimented with that and found it to be inferior. Thanks for the response anyway.

I have a quick question for the training mode (yay menus!) Is it at all possible for characters that have a power up gauge (eg hatred install and detonation mode) to have an unlimited time limit? I'd love to practice my hatred install combos freely.
Unless there's something I missed of course.

turn off superflash and set infinite meter, then you lose no time just reactivating install between combos

Reactions: acfan
or you can do the thing isa said that's better lol

Mike, can you make it an option to choose meter and health options for player 1 and player 2 separately?