• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls PC Beta Updates Discussion

This may be a stupid suggestion, but can select load the save state when you release the button instead of when you press it? This way you can delete the save state by holding down select without loading t.
I know you can do lk + hk + select but I always get lk or hk and it's kinda annoying.
If that's easy, I can totally still do it.

I had deflector whiff against Argus Agony the other day. Thought that was fixed at some point, but I guess not. It'd be nice if that didn't happen. If not it's whatever.

As in not reflect, or not hit her?
Not hit her. The diamond just passed right through her without doing anything.

Hm... I also feel like there's another bug I forgot to report with Deflector... I think it hit but didn't cause stagger. I don't remember the scenario, though. I wish I remembered to report that at the time.

deflector can whiff if it hits a projectile that is at a specific distance from the opponent.
Happens sometimes with argus, but I also saw that once against bang bang bang, and even against tear shot. Gem goes right through them.

@Zidiane when doing cMP deflector against some chars in the corner, the gem can whiff entirely because it spawns behind them. Could that be your problem?

No. I was full screen. Deflector has also whiffed against Peacock's s.hp.

If that's easy, I can totally still do it.
I was gonna recommend against this since Madcatz SE sticks (all 3 of them in the world or whatever) don't allow you to hold Select, but I realized while typing this post that it's a moot point for the purposes of this particular line of thought.

UPDATE: So apparently it's too late for this, but there are other solutions.

These items really should be stated somewhere in the game visibly in some way:

- Aside from updates I stalk, there's no indication people can switch teams via mp+mk/hp+hk (or is this in training mode and i missed it?)
- Might have missed it but I never knew Eliza could manually switch win poses manually (from Shoryuken Wiki...only looked for color references)
- Holding Left or right when going into practice mode I never knew until a week or so ago sends you to desired corner from the start(So helpful!!)
- Theres google...but perhaps a training tutorial on training mode/hit-boxes/etc?
- The "new" dynamics of holding P Buttons w/Val's level 3 super. In updates, but in game?

Essentially implicit convenience game features that people wouldn't know upon newly heading into the game that the community might not know

Last edited:
Minor thing, but for the vs CPU Quickmatch feature, would it be possible to select the CPU team using your Macro'd Entourage teams? I just kind of assumed that would work but apparently it doesn't.

Reactions: dMags
Mike, is it possible to make proper messages appear when joining a lobby fails? Right now it says version mismatch regardless of whether the lobby was full, unexistent, or it was actually a version mismatch.

Might have missed it but I never knew Eliza could manually switch win poses manually (from Shoryuken Wiki...only looked for color references)
You can hold a button for any character with multiple win poses.

Reactions: Wenzel
You can hold a button for any character with multiple win poses.
WHAT?!! I NEVER KNEW THAT!! How did i not know that?? & I've been here since beta...

Another reason it should be more visible :P

Some things aren't stated because it encourages you to go look it up and maybe meet people who would know this stuff. Building the community type stuff. At least that's what I tell myself.

- Aside from updates I stalk, there's no indication people can switch teams via mp+mk/hp+hk (or is this in training mode and i missed it?)
- Might have missed it but I never knew Eliza could manually switch win poses manually (from Shoryuken Wiki...only looked for color references)
- Holding Left or right when restarting practice mode I never knew until a week or so ago (So helpful!!)
- Theres google...but perhaps a training tutorial on training mode/hit-boxes/etc?
- The "new" dynamics of holding P Buttons w/Val's level 3 super. In updates, but in game?

Essentially implicit game features that people wouldn't know upon newly heading into the game that the community might not know

Everything you just suggested takes time to implement and requires new text, which then has to be translated into French, Italian, German, Spanish, Japanese, and Portuguese (good ol' FIGSJP!). We would have to decide where and how to implement that stuff, then write the text for it, then wait for the translation to come back, then implement the text, then check it in-game, then add any text characters from those translations that don't already exist in the game's fonts (hello, Japanese), then check it in-game again to make sure those appear correctly, AND THEN THEY'RE DONE.

There is unfortunately no time or resources to do any of that, so you'll just have to pretend they're Easter eggs or whatever. Yeah, "community building type stuff" - we'll go with that. Totally on purpose.

That said, I agree with you that a lot of that stuff should be mentioned somewhere in the game. There's just not a good place for some of it. Like how you don't have to hold a direction when inputting charge moves for custom assists! Yeah, you can just do a quick back>forward>button for Napalm Shot, etc.

@render Ah i see. Well I suppose that's cool. Perhaps I can put together a video or thread chronicling these implicit features in the future for the beginners section. I'll probably ask for some of you guys' (I meant community, not lab zero, for clarification) help on it :)

@Tank im cool with the reasons render said, it's a lot of work, but that's not really a real reason...I'm here in the forums all the time and read shoryuken SG wiki for fun...and i've never known half the things...just saying.

Last edited:
Reactions: SmashBlade
@render Ah i see. Well I suppose that's cool. Perhaps I can put together a video or thread chronicling these implicit features in the future for the beginners section. I'll probably ask for some of you guys' help on it :)
I mean LabZero is pretty swamped with 2nd Encore PS4 stuff.

The community can probably easily compile a list of non mentioned features for a video while letting render work in peace.

True, I was confusing. I mean you guys as in the community forums.

Well in that case I suppose that's all for now.

Last edited:
Reactions: skull person
The community can probably easily compile a list of non mentioned features for a video
I actually thought about requesting that from you :^)

An up-to-date, video version of this thread would extremely helpful, maybe something showcasing the "hidden" features could fit into the same video.

- Holding Left or right when restarting practice mode I never knew until a week or so ago (So helpful!!)

Essentially implicit game features that people wouldn't know upon newly heading into the game that the community might not know

tbh all of that stuff is extra fluff that's nice but not needed to play the game.

I don't know, win poses and things like that? Sure, but there needs to be a detailed list of things in training mode in my opinion.

Not necessarily in the game or anything, but a post on here with everything up to date would be nice.

letting render work in peace.

I don't mind, really. Just trying to put things into perspective, since not everyone knows what it takes to add things to the game. It really depends what the content is, and differs wildly per game.

Mostly just sad that there isn't time to do any of it.

Maybe a FAQ on SH site and well adressed in pinned topic here in the forum, tough.
Which would be easy enough for the community to put together.

Reactions: Wenzel
I know this has been mentioned before, but I've been searching for the discussion all day to no avail, also posted this in the PW forums. Since this is nearing the end of the road for bug fixes, I figured I'd mention it.

Sometimes the latter hits of Buer Thresher will hit the opponent but won't go into the hit-grab animation, it happened the other day to me again and was on CH, if that matters.

@render so are these AIs not getting any changes? Cause they still don't ever guard during resets.

Would it be too much to add the option "Block Type: Random" on top of All/Low/High?

Or possibly a "Random" option for everything there it can be set to random?

With the new beta update all of Painwheel's colors in her css are messed up; they're fine in game though.
I've only posted 6 but you get the idea.
painwheelcolor_bug.png

Reactions: SmashBlade
It's past due, I know, but I still want something to do with alpha counters in training mode. I can test out all things alpha counter with a friend in the online training mode (thanks a bunch for that), but my connection isn't always great and other people aren't always down.

With the new beta update all of Painwheel's colors in her css are messed up; they're fine in game though.
ehehehehehehee....yeah I'll fix that.

@ everyone asking for FEATURES
It is waaaaaaaaaaaaay too late for features. I meant BUGS.

@Zevak
Dummy recording should be able to handle pretty much anything alphacounter related....?

Will the ability to change team order for online games be a thing any time soon? Kinda frustrating having two custom teams saved for that purpose where I could save a secondary or a training dummy team instead.

Will the ability to change team order for online games be a thing any time soon? Kinda frustrating having two custom teams saved for that purpose where I could save a secondary or a training dummy team instead.
Nope. It was left out because it is extremely difficult to sync, which is why other games also don't let you do that online. :^)

Dummy recording should be able to handle pretty much anything alphacounter related....?

Actually, you're right. I have no idea why I didn't think of just pressing the "play recording" button to make them do an alpha counter. I was just in the mindset of using just "as reversal" all the time. Im dum

@render so are these AIs not getting any changes? Cause they still don't ever guard during resets.

I thought we'd get to do more to improve them but it hasn't worked out the way I'd hoped. Sorry!

Can you at least make it so that it just says "failed to join lobby" instead of version mismatch? Right now it's just confusing.

I thought we'd get to do more to improve them but it hasn't worked out the way I'd hoped. Sorry!
Not even basic issues like Painwheel flying at the top of the screen the whole match or just not making them be more competent?

Last edited:
basic issues like Painwheel flying at the top of the screen the whole match

I would like to try to get this taken care of but anything we do needs to be tested and we don't have much time for that. Also, what seems like a basic issue isn't always as easy to handle as it might sound. :P

Reactions: mcpeanuts
I would like to try to get this taken care of but anything we do needs to be tested and we don't have much time for that. Also, what seems like a basic issue isn't always as easy to handle as it might sound. :P
I guess I could have phrased that better, I wasn't suggesting that fixing that particular issue is easy, I know you guys are working hard and have very little time left, I just meant it was a more of an issue that the AI doesn't fight at all than the AI not escaping resets.

I don't know how to program AI, I'd never suggest something isn't working because you didn't bother fixing something easy.

Oh, I don't know if this has just been 2 long standing sets of coincidence or what but whenever playing online that someone mentioned whatever move lines, win lines, etc. were used they were always the same ones I heard but with the voice packs this is not the case in fact every time it's a move with 2 lines they always hear the line I didn't get. I realize this isn't important and might not even be a real bug, but thought I'd mention it.

Oh, I don't know if this has just been 2 long standing sets of coincidence or what but whenever playing online that someone mentioned whatever move lines, win lines, etc. were used they were always the same ones I heard but with the voice packs this is not the case in fact every time it's a move with 2 lines they always hear the line I didn't get. I realize this isn't important and might not even be a real bug, but thought I'd mention it.
Sounds are not synced online.