• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls Podcast Special Interview with Mike Z

That must have been ROUGH! "Uh oh, missed your layup...you know what that means...boys, we got a beatin' to deliver!"

[edit]It was not worth going through that BBCode hell to post a message with this content. :^P

Well Street Fighter and basketball are similar

Think of lay ups like shoryukens, if its predictable, you will get blocked and punished

I started Skullcasts to be a place to discuss the SG meta with high level and/or high profile players along with whatever other topics might have come up. I think I had it really well-structured, but I didn't have much in the way of topic diversity.

I stopped because I couldn't really come up with new material to talk about and felt it'd get stale really quick, so I quit while I was ahead, essentially. I'm not that great a reporter.

Glad to see someone else take up the podcast cup, and run with it.

Reactions: Kai
Just a quick question: are you guys ok with my co-host or would you prefer some else to co-host the Podcast?

usually a co-host adds a little bit of spice, and can help keep on topic a little better than going it solo.
even if it's mostly one person doing the talking.
it also allows a second opinion on stuff being talked about to be heard, so there's that too.
but whatever floats your boat is cool.

yeah having two or so co-hosts that you alternate between every 3 or so podcasts should keep things interesting. try out different people, you know?

Reactions: 6-Let
another thing to consider is whether or not the co-host of choice CAN stay on topic, or if they constantly keep changing the subject/won't shut up.
an example of this can be Spazkid on the Sleepy Cabin Podcast.
who can be a real annoyance from time to time because he'll try to say something random and start a whole different tangent.

if they're anything like that, and you don't have any other options, then you might have to just solo it until you can find someone who can keep the podcast at a good pace.

Maybe I should co-host. =P

Now with audio download link. Sorry for the file being big, the next one won't be as big of a file. Episode 2 coming in a few days.

Reactions: gluemchen
Woohoo now I have something to listen too why I practice not being a scrub.

Te whole Skullgrillz title cards makes me want some Skull Heart cooked over an open fire.

Reactions: 6-Let
Your co-host seemed new to fighting games.

I haven't messed around in Beta too much and the only fighting game I play is SG.
Sorry to disappoint your ears.
:^)

Your co-host seemed new to fighting games.
I haven't messed around in Beta too much and the only fighting game I play is SG.
Sorry to disappoint your ears.
:^)
That comment was from before the newest episode with you was posted.

GUILTY MUCH? :P

The Real Soviet Damage voice pack is originally from a vid included in the BlazBlue CT limited edition extras DVD. Included was a series of tutorial vids, and Mike did a tutorial for Tager in Soviet voice cuz red.

He's had over 5 years doing the voice lol.

Reactions: North888
The Real Soviet Damage voice pack is originally from a vid included in the BlazBlue CT limited edition extras DVD. Included was a series of tutorial vids, and Mike did a tutorial for Tager in Soviet voice cuz red.

He's had over 5 years doing the voice lol.
Oh ok. Thanks for the source.

3rd Podcast is available to download and the notes have been updated. Video version will be up in a few days and will be working on getting the podcast on iTunes real soon.

Any feedback would be appreciated to improve this podcast. If anyone is having trouble with the download links to the audio files let me know.

This was probably one of the more fun podcasts we've done so far! Special thanks to @dekillsage for doing the interview with us!

#4 was an excellent podcast, and I think Sharpie's a really good fit for co-host.

Reactions: GrunkleBarlowe
#4 was an excellent podcast, and I think Sharpie's a really good fit for co-host.
Yeah I figured in the end I'm better off with Sharpie. No offensive to my previous co-host but Sharpie is much more enjoyable to have any kind of conversation with.

I liked podcast #4 a lot. I will keep listening to these in the future :D

thanks for the shoutout sage.

is what i would say

I only thought of people from PNW at the time. I forgot to mention you and jayford 4giveme4mysins.

1:23:00

Dekillsage was right. It's biweekly.

bANKmU0.png

Reactions: BallotBoxer
Or the hedeghog just posed next to dead jesus

Imagine a 1 star general arguing with a colonel over what, "bi-monthly," means. You tend to remember that conversation.

@worldjem I'm actually in the mood to bring back your Skullcast and add a High Level "Round Table" section. I would like to do this as a monthly thing (every other podcast). Because I suck at the game I would rather have you in charge on planning (which players to have, when to meet-up, and if you need me to be there to record or you're able to record yourself, etc). Let me know if you're up for it. And the reason I wanted to post it here is to see if everyone who listen's to the podcast would like that.