• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Spotlight Skullgirls: Second Encore Submitted for Vita

I just realized that until the Vita version releases, I can play 2nd Encore on my Vita during Remote Play on my PS4. I should've told you this in the first place!

I recall hearing something about plans to add the 2nd Encore features (voiced stories, challenges etc.) to the PC version of Skullgirls, but are there any plans to do that for the Steam one at any point as well(and if that's the same version twice then forgive me)? Just so that if there aren't I know to stop waiting, and will enjoy watching them in videos instead of in-game.

I have heard nothing since I uploaded the latest build last week.
Ok, thanks Mike Z.

Hope $ony isn't giving you guys and gals the run around? Be sure to hit us up on any SG Vita news.

Most Anticipated Vita Game of 2016!!! SKULLGIRLS 2ND ENCORE!!!

I posted about it on GAF, so figured I'd mirror it over here.

The Arc System Works submission process has been an absolute nightmare.

We've been through submission 4-5 times now, and there were a small number of bugs that we couldn't reproduce or would never happen in real life. Stuff like "Go to this screen, this step, now yank the network cable out."

These sorts of bugs are easily waived in the US and EU, and were! But because this is a physical release, Sony JP won't approve it because it had bugs and there is no guarantee that they'll connect to the internet to patch it.

What's that you say? The bugs are online only, so they'd have to get online to see them happen? And thus if they were online they'd get the patch?

Fuck off - SCEJ doesn't appreciate your logic or attitude.

And, yes, really - this is what passes for developer support in Japan.

We believe we've managed to fix the last remaining bugs, so Arc is doing more internal testing now before they submit again.

Got word this morning that the game finally passed SCEJ FQA!

So we'll be submitting the Vita version in the US and EU soon.

Now time to get on to the lobby patch and hope it goes much more smoothly, because we have to release that simultaneously on three platforms, in three regions, and there are two different publishers in Japan.

Glad to hear that the Vita processing is succeeding one step after another.

Holy shit things are working

Glad to see things going more smoothly than I expected. I'll be darned if Sony took too long to approve the Vita version in the US and in EU.

Now time to get on to the lobby patch and hope it goes much more smoothly, because we have to release that simultaneously on three platforms, in three regions, and there are two different publishers in Japan.
WooHoo!!!

I take it SG will be coming to Vita(NA) sometime soon in March... Hopefully?

I'm really happy that it finally went through for Lab Zero! I know the port must have took up most of your time and also with Sony constantly sending it back for fixes.... Hopefully the lobby patch will cone through smoothly, bugfree!

I tried to find the Vita version on the psn store last night... and didn't find anything, am i missing somthing is it part of a another bundle or what?

edit: it's not released yet just submitted... NVM reading is hard....

I got a question?
When $ony approves SG on Vita, Does Lab Zer0 pick out the date? or does $ony pick out the date? How does that work?

Reactions: Cheesedragon
Do you really need to keep using dollar signs?
Does it bother you?
Sony(no dollar sign) is not a greedy Corporation, just a Corporation heavily motivated in making money. Like any organization that is or hoping to be successful. The $ symbol I use instead of the letter S is me just showing my respects.

No different than me saying Sir, Ma'am, Mr, Miss, Mrs, Ms and dropping the N Bomb. Its all out of respect and use as a term of endearment, fondness and respect. Well for me it is.

I have answered your reply, now. Does me using the $ symbol bother you? I will stop using it if it does.

Does it bother you?
Sony(no dollar sign) is not a greedy Corporation, just a Corporation heavily motivated in making money. Like any organization that is or hoping to be successful. The $ symbol I use instead of the letter S is me just showing my respects.

No different than me saying Sir, Ma'am, Mr, Miss, Mrs, Ms and dropping the N Bomb. Its all out of respect and use as a term of endearment, fondness and respect. Well for me it is.

I have answered your reply, now. Does me using the $ symbol bother you? I will stop using it if it does.
Yeah, see, you're probably the only person I've ever heard claim that.

Usually it's because of intense dislike (which is fine! Some companies do shit things!) but then people feel the need to go CRAPCOM, MICRO$OFT or some other kind of portmanteau *every* single time they're brought up and it just becomes stupid and detracts from anything else that person might say. And generally if people go that route they don't really have anything to say anyway. :V

Yeah, see, you're probably the only person I've ever heard claim that.

Usually it's because of intense dislike (which is fine! Some companies do shit things!) but then people feel the need to go CRAPCOM, MICRO$OFT or some other kind of portmanteau *every* single time they're brought up and it just becomes stupid and detracts from anything else that person might say. And generally if people go that route they don't really have anything to say anyway. :V
Ah, so you thought I was one of these detractors? Because of the dollar sign?

My apologies for coming off that way. I'm just awkwardly different in that aspect. I read and hear people use those slurs and I just think "Do these people really think they do this stuff for free?". Companies hire people with families and some form of monetary responsibility.

But, honestly I think the $ is cooler looking than the standard S, so that is another reason why I use it. I barely use the dollar sign when spelling Sega, because they seem to not want anyones money outside of Japan?

Don't want to continue this sidetrack but if that were true they'd just release games in Japan. The fact we're actually getting Yakuza games still says otherwise.

But, yeah, I don't think anybody else is going to see the constant dollar signs usage as anything other than what I pointed out.

Reactions: Jinzer069
The fact we're actually getting Yakuza games still says otherwise.
The fact they stopped giving us Yakuza games and Sony took up giving us Yakuza games says otherwise.

The fact they stopped giving us Yakuza games and Sony took up giving us Yakuza games says otherwise.
Well, they partnered but they still could've just sat on their hands and done nothing. Sony can't just say they're gonna do it without Sega being in there.

SEGA abandoned localizing Yakuza, Sony made a studio for the sole purpose of localizing and apparently porting third party games, that studio gave us Yakuza 5 and later announced Yakuza 0 and Last Blade 2 (probably forgetting some things). I'm not saying SEGA did literally nothing, but they probably weren't required to do anything others than licensing, etc.

When $ony approves SG on Vita, Does Lab Zer0 pick out the date? or does $ony pick out the date? How does that work?

Once it's approved, Sony basically tells us the earliest possible release date they can give us. From there it's kind of up to us.

We've often found ourselves in a situation where the moment it's approved, we say "GIVE US THE EARLIEST POSSIBLE RELEASE DATE PLS", though there have been a couple of cases where we tried to coordinate releases of things between different platforms or regions.

In the case of the Vita version, for US and EU, we'll basically be asking for the earliest possible release date Sony America and Sony Europe (respectively) will give us.

We've often found ourselves in a situation where the moment it's approved, we say "GIVE US THE EARLIEST POSSIBLE RELEASE DATE PLS",

RGGgZBp.jpg

Once it's approved, Sony basically tells us the earliest possible release date they can give us. From there it's kind of up to us.

We've often found ourselves in a situation where the moment it's approved, we say "GIVE US THE EARLIEST POSSIBLE RELEASE DATE PLS", though there have been a couple of cases where we tried to coordinate releases of things between different platforms or regions.

In the case of the Vita version, for US and EU, we'll basically be asking for the earliest possible release date Sony America and Sony Europe (respectively) will give us.
Thats good to hear. Not sure if I should play solo and get better at SG? or just jump online and hope to find players as bad as me to play with?

Don't want to continue this sidetrack but if that were true they'd just release games in Japan. The fact we're actually getting Yakuza games still says otherwise.

But, yeah, I don't think anybody else is going to see the constant dollar signs usage as anything other than what I pointed out.
Yeah, you're right, but I did enjoy the conversation and I appreciate your honesty.

I also somewhat agree with you on you ideals about Sega, but I think AdenPhoenix made key points as well. I guess my problem is I should just get a PS3 and PS4 and give up hope for another Sega gaming console?

Skullgirls 2 Five years from now or Five years from game's release date? :PUN:

Skullgirls 2 Five years from now or Five years from game's release date? :PUN:

How many times is this going to be asked?

There are currently no plans for development on SG2 even then this is not the thread to ask for it.

i just found out about this game today. What is the status on the Vita version? I saw an April 14th release date for Japan and was wondering if it's going to release in the west at around the same time.

i just found out about this game today. What is the status on the Vita version? I saw an April 14th release date for Japan and was wondering if it's going to release in the west at around the same time.

The Vita version has been submitted and approved by Sony. It will be released soon but an exact date is unknown.

The Vita version has been submitted and approved by Sony. It will be released soon but an exact date is unknown.
thanks! I'll be looking forward to it's release

I think I found a silver lining to this. Once the Vita version comes out, then the lobbies will be released so we can make a room to hold more than 2 players and we can also spectate matches too. It is better than the boring old room holding 2 players. I hope the lobbies are bug free without the crashes and stuff. That way, listening to Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax music while playing Skullgirls won't be the problem. I got my hopes on Indivisible being finished after this.

I think I found a silver lining to this. Once the Vita version comes out, then the lobbies will be released
The other silver lining is that once the Vita version comes out, the Vita version is out.
>:^\

The other silver lining is that once the Vita version comes out, the Vita version is out.
>:^\
This doesn't make any sense. I assumed lobbies are going to launch upon the Vita version's release.