• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls Team Building Thread

Right now I have a team of Valentine (Savage Bypass) and Robo Fortune (H. Beam). I'm thinking of adding a third character. Who would you guys recommend? Personally I want Painwheel solely because such few people play her.
Painwheel is fun and those three characters can work together, but you won't have any meterless reversals so you'll have to be very clean with your spacing and rushdown. It might be hard to stick with Painwheel if you're only using her because you don't think enough other people do so, especially because the beta patch might make her more popular anyway, but she's the closest character to Valentine and Robo in terms of playstyle imo so there's a good chance you'll like her regardless. Painwheel and Valentine love H beam assist, Robo loves H bypass assist, and for a Painwheel assist you could pick L pinion to control a lot of space with very fast startup. Valentine might like Painwheel c.MP or s.MK assist for lockdown, but Robo wouldn't get as much from it.

So if you want to play those three characters you could probably make it work. Valentine/Painwheel/Robo would give you maximum rushdown with beam assist and decent reversal supers on your second character to help you escape bad incoming situations, Valentine/Robo/Painwheel or Painwheel/Robo/Valentine would give you better Robo zoning and let you build meter with your point character and DHC into level 3 beam for huge damage, and Robo/Valentine/Painwheel would give you very strong Robo zoning at round start with the option of DHCing into scalpels to rotate your team into the first order I mentioned.

If you end up not liking Painwheel I think you'd be most likely to enjoy Double (L or M hornet bomber), Parasoul (napalm pillar or L or H napalm shot) or Ms Fortune (H fiber uppercut). They all have reversal assists too, which helps your team. There's always Beowulf (H chair) and Big Band (L beat extend or H brass) and Filia (H updo) too, which would all work well with your team but have very different playstyles to your other characters so you might not like them as much.

Reactions: MegaMix
When running a team of Parasoul, Peacock, and Double, does this seem okay?
Double (H Bomber) Peacock (L George) Parasoul (Pillar)
I'm not sure if it should be switched to H Shot & L Bomber, mainly. Pillar covers Peacock's neck since Bang! doesn't AA but shot is nice too.

Painwheel is fun and those three characters can work together, but you won't have any meterless reversals so you'll have to be very clean with your spacing and rushdown. It might be hard to stick with Painwheel if you're only using her because you don't think enough other people do so, especially because the beta patch might make her more popular anyway, but she's the closest character to Valentine and Robo in terms of playstyle imo so there's a good chance you'll like her regardless. Painwheel and Valentine love H beam assist, Robo loves H bypass assist, and for a Painwheel assist you could pick L pinion to control a lot of space with very fast startup. Valentine might like Painwheel c.MP or s.MK assist for lockdown, but Robo wouldn't get as much from it.

So if you want to play those three characters you could probably make it work. Valentine/Painwheel/Robo would give you maximum rushdown with beam assist and decent reversal supers on your second character to help you escape bad incoming situations, Valentine/Robo/Painwheel or Painwheel/Robo/Valentine would give you better Robo zoning and let you build meter with your point character and DHC into level 3 beam for huge damage, and Robo/Valentine/Painwheel would give you very strong Robo zoning at round start with the option of DHCing into scalpels to rotate your team into the first order I mentioned.

If you end up not liking Painwheel I think you'd be most likely to enjoy Double (L or M hornet bomber), Parasoul (napalm pillar or L or H napalm shot) or Ms Fortune (H fiber uppercut). They all have reversal assists too, which helps your team. There's always Beowulf (H chair) and Big Band (L beat extend or H brass) and Filia (H updo) too, which would all work well with your team but have very different playstyles to your other characters so you might not like them as much.
Thanks.

Reactions: Mr Peck
When running a team of Parasoul, Peacock, and Double, does this seem okay?
Double (H Bomber) Peacock (L George) Parasoul (Pillar)
I'm not sure if it should be switched to H Shot & L Bomber, mainly. Pillar covers Peacock's neck since Bang! doesn't AA but shot is nice too.
I'd run this team as Parasoul (H Shot) / Double (M Bomber) / Peacock (?).

Gameplan is to land one hit with Parasoul, then tag-combo into Peacock.

Pillar would be fine too, but H Shot has some cool stuff with Double
and also can easily be incorporated into Peacock patterns for maximum lockdown (see eg Lawnba gameplay)

M Bomber over H because I think it is better for Parasoul, but maybe H is better for Peacock and therefore worth it.. something? I don't know. Maybe even L, I think all are probably workable.

Peacock assist no idea, all the common ones (L/H George, M SoID) look fine

Here are some old Para-Pea tagcombos you can check out (2 vids and the followup post): http://skullheart.com/index.php?threads/diary-of-a-harmonica.3384/#post-213108

Reactions: mcpeanuts
Who would make a good third for a Filia/Fukua team besides Double?
Bella using H lock or Big Band with H beat are definitely the best 2, and go in the anchor and second spots respectively. Filia should be the lead for both of these picks.
If you feel like rushdown is way more your thing, Valentine lead works well with Updo assist, but doesn't get much mileage from Fukua's assists. In this case, you'll want Fukua to anchor.

I need help with picking optimal assists order for my team. Been playing fukua/bella for a while, decided to play painwheel because I adore her, and I realize that while theres great DHC synergy between the three, assist synergy is kinda lacking from/for painwheel.

Basically feel like I have too much overlap for lock down assists and not a lot of real options otherwise. I've been playing hdrill, hlnl, and then for painwheel either 2mp or mbuer to let bella combo off d.drop/dyanamo, but that doesn't do anything for fukua at all (Only real thing I've came up with is using a held mclone >call buer, taunt to regain clone drain hp, release mclone continue combo). I also know painwheel would vastly prefer copter over lock-n-load, expecially if I'm playing her point, so theres a lot of assist overlap. I'm not a big fan of grab assist from painwheel either.

what order/assists would you recommend? I'm flexible with order other than really not liking fukua anchor. Help pls

what order/assists would you recommend? I'm flexible with order other than really not liking fukua anchor. Help pls

I'd go PW/Fukua/Bella with M Pinion, H Drill, and LnL. Point PW w/ a forward moving lockdown assist like Drill is amazing and a "deal with it" assist like LnL will help her to get in. M Pinion cause it causes crazy blockstun and pushback iirc (not sure about beta) so it'll help with Fukua if you wanna play her a bit more lame. M Pinion can kinda help Bella too for corner carry.

Reactions: softie
I need help with picking optimal assists order for my team. Been playing fukua/bella for a while, decided to play painwheel because I adore her, and I realize that while theres great DHC synergy between the three, assist synergy is kinda lacking from/for painwheel.

Basically feel like I have too much overlap for lock down assists and not a lot of real options otherwise. I've been playing hdrill, hlnl, and then for painwheel either 2mp or mbuer to let bella combo off d.drop/dyanamo, but that doesn't do anything for fukua at all (Only real thing I've came up with is using a held mclone >call buer, taunt to regain clone drain hp, release mclone continue combo). I also know painwheel would vastly prefer copter over lock-n-load, expecially if I'm playing her point, so theres a lot of assist overlap. I'm not a big fan of grab assist from painwheel either.

Bella works just fine on anchor, and Painwheel is generally seen as a lead, so no worry about not wanting to put Fukua on anchor.

The thing about drill is that it has no armor or invincibility. This means that before you even think about using it, you want to have the opponent blocking. Should you use drill, you'll generally want to use it at the end of a PW blockstring so it can deal with pushblock, preventing the opponent from calling an assist like H Brass. H lock will also be the assist to go with for Bella, as you'll want to have a space-creating assist for when you're being pressured.

The other option I can see is to go with Cerecopter and M Clone. The benefit of going with cerecopter is that it has better priority than drill, and M Clone can also anti-air -- which lock doesn't do -- and is disjointed, so Fukua doesn't get put in danger at all -- this will actually keep her alive much longer than if she just did something armored like Lock. The downside to these is that neither one pushes forward whatsoever, meaning that it becomes far harder to push your opponent.

As far as PW goes, I have next to no knowledge on her, but as a general rule of thumb, assists that work as combo extenders and only do so have a bad tendency to suck. If you're trying to combo out of DDrop, just spend a bar for dynamo -- you can convert off of it due to its groundbounce -- rather than committing an entire assist to that single purpose. Worse yet, you're only using Buer Reaper to extend one character's combos. I'd definitely pick pinion dash or maybe Gae Stinger, as those will actually help you in neutral. Seeing as PW is generally a character who only does stuff as lead, you may not get a lot of experience learning when her assists are helpful.

The other option I can see is to go with Cerecopter and M Clone. The benefit of going with cerecopter is that it has better priority than drill, and M Clone can also anti-air -- which lock doesn't do -- and is disjointed, so Fukua doesn't get put in danger at all -- this will actually keep her alive much longer than if she just did something armored like Lock. The downside to these is that neither one pushes forward whatsoever, meaning that it becomes far harder to push your opponent.
The main downside of this setup is that M Clone got entirely reworked in the Beta, so whenever that patch is live (2 weeks?) it won't work anymore

If you're trying to combo out of DDrop, just spend a bar for dynamo -- you can convert off of it due to its groundbounce -- rather than committing an entire assist to that single purpose.
This only works in or near the corner. Midscreen you need an assist to convert off of either DDrop or Dynamo with anything other than a parting f.HP.

Hi, I'm super new to skullgirls (about 50 hours in), ok probably not super :D
I am more used to street fighter and such, that's why I don't have an idea of team building. Long story short, I really like Beowulf, let's call him main for now, but I don't know what team I should build. I like, from top to bottom, parasoul, filia, robo, valentine, squigly. The Team should be pretty balanced, that's how I would describe my playstyle.

Thx for suggestions in advance :)

Frankly, all of those characters offer good assist options for Beo besides Val, but Beo offers a useful assist for Val. Beo likes horizontal long-range lockdown options best, so Para and Robo give the best out of those characters with napalm shot and beam respectively.

Frankly, all of those characters offer good assist options for Beo besides Val, but Beo offers a useful assist for Val. Beo likes horizontal long-range lockdown options best, so Para and Robo give the best out of those characters with napalm shot and beam respectively.
Thx, So it should be Beo, Para, robo. Over the top, fanservice and bad puns. How I like it :D What abot Squigly instead of Robo, because of the long range grab?

If I were to go with Beo, Para and Robo as a team then I'd probably run them in one of two orders:
Robo (H Beam), Beo (H Chair), Para (L/H Shot) Parasoul is a decent anchor and this gives Robo both a horizontal assist to aid in her run away and a DP assist to make up for her bad reversals. Beowulf also likes horizontal assists like Shot as well.
Para (L/H Shot), Beo (H Chair), Robo (H Beam) The idea with this order is a bit more complicated in that you have Parasoul at the start because she has a very good round start while Robo struggles a bit. Once you land a hit with Parasoul you tag to Robo and now you have the team from above. The downside is that if things go bad then you could end up with Robo as anchor which is less than ideal.
Alternatively, you could go with team MPGame: Robo (H Beam), Val (H Bypass), Beo (H Chair). This is a pretty weird team that actually has some pretty great synergy. Both assists are good for Robo's zoning (H Chair also acts as a projectile when it is falling and H Bypass gives her some conversions from long range zoning). Val also likes having a reversal assist like H Chair. The team is a bit front heavy as Beowulf isn't the best anchor and he will likely come in chairless because of his assist so if things go wrong then it'll be harder to bring it back.

Since you are just starting though, I'd suggest sticking with Beowulf (maybe adding Parasoul as well if you really want to play a team). It is much harder to learn 3 characters at once as a team than one character on its own. Once you are confident with them then you can add your third character (by then you will also likely have a better idea of what you want your team to do so you can make an informed decision on which character).

If I were to go with Beo, Para and Robo as a team then I'd probably run them in one of two orders:
Robo (H Beam), Beo (H Chair), Para (L/H Shot) Parasoul is a decent anchor and this gives Robo both a horizontal assist to aid in her run away and a DP assist to make up for her bad reversals. Beowulf also likes horizontal assists like Shot as well.
Para (L/H Shot), Beo (H Chair), Robo (H Beam) The idea with this order is a bit more complicated in that you have Parasoul at the start because she has a very good round start while Robo struggles a bit. Once you land a hit with Parasoul you tag to Robo and now you have the team from above. The downside is that if things go bad then you could end up with Robo as anchor which is less than ideal.
Alternatively, you could go with team MPGame: Robo (H Beam), Val (H Bypass), Beo (H Chair). This is a pretty weird team that actually has some pretty great synergy. Both assists are good for Robo's zoning (H Chair also acts as a projectile when it is falling and H Bypass gives her some conversions from long range zoning). Val also likes having a reversal assist like H Chair. The team is a bit front heavy as Beowulf isn't the best anchor and he will likely come in chairless because of his assist so if things go wrong then it'll be harder to bring it back.

Since you are just starting though, I'd suggest sticking with Beowulf (maybe adding Parasoul as well if you really want to play a team). It is much harder to learn 3 characters at once as a team than one character on its own. Once you are confident with them then you can add your third character (by then you will also likely have a better idea of what you want your team to do so you can make an informed decision on which character).

Thx. Actually I'm playing Beowulf and Parasoul (whom I played years ago, not on a good level, but I know her moves). I use L Chair, but I guess the heavy version has more advantages.

After playing some actual matches, I kinda don't like beowulf in a team. Keeping everything in mind with the chair and so on, is bothering me more then it should. I think for playing in a team I would prefer Cerebella + Parasoul. I used devil horns as assist in training to have a reversal, but I'm not quite sure If it's the best for this duo. I play Bella first and Para second.
I might switch up a little bit, so I may ask what are good duos having a zooner and grappler? Beowulf is still my man, but I really want to play with a Team.
Thx for sugesstions in advance :)

After playing some actual matches, I kinda don't like beowulf in a team. Keeping everything in mind with the chair and so on, is bothering me more then it should. I think for playing in a team I would prefer Cerebella + Parasoul. I used devil horns as assist in training to have a reversal, but I'm not quite sure If it's the best for this duo. I play Bella first and Para second.
I might switch up a little bit, so I may ask what are good duos having a zooner and grappler? Beowulf is still my man, but I really want to play with a Team.
I recommend playing either Beowulf point with Cerecopter and Napalm pillar assists or Point Parasoul with Chair and cerecopter assist.

Parasoul is an amazing user of cerecopter everywhere on the screen, but mainly during pressure and midrange. Beowulf is good with it as well given his far reaching ground and air normals (j.HP, s.HP, c.HK).

Pillar gives you an alright get off me and average anti-air assist. Bella gets a lot of good meter combos and optimized combos off of Pillar with her setups as well as resets/Mixups. Beowulf doesn't get too much off Pillar aside from getting an assist and some where combo extensions and resets.

Bella gets one or two DP assists on point. Maybe try L Napalm shot assist, it definitely helps Beowulf with pressure and getting in as well as Bella.

Rule of chair: keep chair at all times. Chair is good. Really, the chair is going to be tossed and regained in one combo. That's the general M.O.

Devil Horns is also terrible compared to every other reversal.

After playing some actual matches, I kinda don't like beowulf in a team. Keeping everything in mind with the chair and so on, is bothering me more then it should. Beowulf is still my man, but I really want to play with a Team.

Just because you're struggling with a character shouldn't discourage you, man. Keep trying!

Like Protagonest said, Wulf wants to keep his chair in neutral. Yes, hurting hurl is a strong assist, as it has multiple hits, the second of which is an overhead, so it works both in neutral and as okizeme
commonly shortened to oki, okizeme is the term for using block pressure to set up a 50/50 situation or mixup after scoring a hard knockdown.
. You don't want Wulf out with no chair, though. One reason is because jumping HP is one of his best tools in neutral when he has the chair, but without the chair, its range is shortened so heavily it becomes virtually worthless. What's more, Beowulf takes more chip without the chair. This means that if he gets separated from the chair and then loses neutral, Beowulf is in an extremely bad position.

That being said, you'll want to obviously pick up the chair at the end of any combo that utilizes it. This sounds easier said than done, but there are a few ways to do so. The first is to use Beowulf's suplex or running drop for his grab. Luckily for him, this works perfectly with having used the chair in a combo -- when chairless, wulf can combo into his grab by pressing standing HP. Even better, these grabs both are more powerful when they land on the chair. You can also cancel into chair pickup off normals, allowing you to continue your combos. The last way to pickup the chair is by DHCing into his flying super, which puts the opponent in wulf's grab, so you can end with the throws mentioned above.

Just because you're struggling with a character shouldn't discourage you, man. Keep trying!

Like Protagonest said, Wulf wants to keep his chair in neutral. Yes, hurting hurl is a strong assist, as it has multiple hits, the second of which is an overhead, so it works both in neutral and as okizeme
commonly shortened to oki, okizeme is the term for using block pressure to set up a 50/50 situation or mixup after scoring a hard knockdown.
. You don't want Wulf out with no chair, though. One reason is because jumping HP is one of his best tools in neutral when he has the chair, but without the chair, its range is shortened so heavily it becomes virtually worthless. What's more, Beowulf takes more chip without the chair. This means that if he gets separated from the chair and then loses neutral, Beowulf is in an extremely bad position.

That being said, you'll want to obviously pick up the chair at the end of any combo that utilizes it. This sounds easier said than done, but there are a few ways to do so. The first is to use Beowulf's suplex or running drop for his grab. Luckily for him, this works perfectly with having used the chair in a combo -- when chairless, wulf can combo into his grab by pressing standing HP. Even better, these grabs both are more powerful when they land on the chair. You can also cancel into chair pickup off normals, allowing you to continue your combos. The last way to pickup the chair is by DHCing into his flying super, which puts the opponent in wulf's grab, so you can end with the throws mentioned above.

thx for the great advise. :)

Hm... would a Filia/Painwheel/Eliza team be good? Point Painwheel with Updo assist, or point Filia with L Pinion Dash assist?

I'm weaker with Parasoul than my other two, but I won't just drop her without reason, it'll be a long road to master either of them.

Hm... would a Filia/Painwheel/Eliza team be good? Point Painwheel with Updo assist, or point Filia with L Pinion Dash assist?

I'm weaker with Parasoul than my other two, but I won't just drop her without reason, it'll be a long road to master either of them.

The team would prolly be regarded as Ok at best.

PW and filia work fine together.

Eliza.... you only have butchers, that eats meter. or osiris spiral but that does not help filia in any way shape or form.

Hm... is anchor Painwheel a thing at all? I kinda don't like amy of the traditional anchors.

I don't think so. Painwheel has few reversal options and isn't meter-hungry, so she's better as a point char than anchor for sure.

Filia and Parasoul can both tag into painwheel midscreen. Parasoul can do it in a corner using the bike move. You also get a good DHC and there was that video with Parasoul and M pinion. Also, there is the obvious sniper into Hatred install combo. Given the recent change to HI, it can do a lot of damage if you land the sniper shot.

Hrm... still trying to figure out how I could play the team once I at least manage a Painwheel combo.

I could do Parasoul/Painwheel/Filia because I'm more comfortable with solo Filia than anything else. I believe her neutral is the worst of the three but she also has the strongest disadvantage state, sooo... dunno.

Maybe something with Parasoul anchor, but I don't like having to guess the jump-in mixup and relying solely on Pillar. I feel like I may as well take my hands off the buttons against half the cast.

Still not sure how a Painwheel anchor would or wouldn't work... I don't know whether her armored moves could make up for the lack of an invincible reversal, and it seems like she can convert off her neutral buttons without assists.

Don't forget that whenever a character is downed, the next one comes out and is almost instantly put in a block situation. So having anchor Filia is REALLY bad.

Also, as a personal question: now that peacock is considered best when not lead, what would be my best team order? I'm thinking Fukua/BB/Peacock or Fukua/Peacock/BB.

Last edited:
Don't forget that whenever a character is downed, the next one comes out and is almost instantly put in a block situation. So having anchor Filia is REALLY bad.
That's why anchor Soul is bad. Anchor Filia is bad once she breaks out of that position and has to fight neutral.

I suppose that's fair enough, but it doesn't mean Filia doesn't have trouble when pressured. Frankly, none of your listed characters are a good anchor though.

Last edited:
Literally everyone has trouble when pressured. That's why it's called "disadvantage state."

I like to think I'm taking after WingZero, who runs Parasoul/Filia/Squigly. That guy is crazy. Mwahahahaha.

Reactions: Da_Face89

Also, as a personal question: now that peacock is considered best when not lead, what would be my best team order? I'm thinking Fukua/BB/Peacock or Fukua/Peacock/BB.
Filia has an invincible air super. Sure Gregor is often called the "best worst move in the game" but that is still a lot more than most characters have. Filia has pretty good grounded reversals as well so, again, I'd say she's better under pressure than many other characters.

The main disadvantage of anchor Filia, as Hiro has noted, is that you don't have an assist to cover your approaches and force the opponent to block. I don't think Filia is a bad anchor, I'd even say she's a decent anchor given she makes decent use of meter and once she actually lands the hit she can whittle the opponent down fast due to her resets. She isn't ideal, but if you are most confident with Filia and don't like anchor Parasoul (who is also an alright anchor) then I don't think there's anything wrong with going for anchor Filia Hiro.

Da_Face, Peacock isn't always better when not on point, that is still her best position in general. The reason Mcpeanuts runs her anchor is because of her weak match start and the ability of the rest of his team to get her in (back on point) safely. I'm not super familiar with either Fukua or Band so I don't know who has the best roundstart, but unless it is significantly better than Peacock's then I don't see much reason to change the order of your team if that is your only reason for wanting to switch your order.

Literally everyone has trouble when pressured. That's why it's called "disadvantage state."
No guano, my dude. lmao :)

Compared to your other chars (especially Painwheel), Filia does deal with pressure best. But she's not incredible (and gregor DOES cost meter). If you need to stop any air pressure really quick, Fenrir can also be used but it's not as good since you stay in the corner and if they block or bait it it's a full punish.

The ones that do deal well with pressure -- like double and bella -- are often kinda sluggish tho, except Fortune. So pick your poison. If you don't want to learn a new character, I suppose that's fine too.

BTW Hiro: If you want to practice together HMU on steam. And if you want some good Painwheel, watch Elda Taluda.

Last edited:
The reason Mcpeanuts runs her anchor is because of her weak match start and the ability of the rest of his team to get her in (back on point) safely. I'm not super familiar with either Fukua or Band so I don't know who has the best roundstart, but unless it is significantly better than Peacock's then I don't see much reason to change the order of your team if that is your only reason for wanting to switch your order.

Not just MCP anymore. One of the top 8 matches at Frosty Faustings was Eliza/Peacock vs BB/Peacock. The Eliza guy accidentally put peacock on lead at one point, where the commentator commented something like "you don't want to do that"* (I think it was Peanuts tho).

What's more, Peacock doesn't have a lot of favorable MUs, some of the bad ones being traditional leads (like Val) or even sometimes leads (like Fortune, Filia, and even BB at times) (not Soul or PW). DHC lenny is also pretty strong even if you can't convert off of the first super to kill, since he does so much damage (and now lets your team's projectiles pass thru) that he locks the opponent down like crazy, and allows you to bring Peacock out whenever you want rather than force her to fight your opponent's lead. Peacock's other DHC's are good, too: Argus puts the opponent at full screen, and Goodfellows is high-damaging.

TL, DR: basically because she has weak match start, and her versatile DHC game.

*Thinking about this, I now realize that was probably because the other guy lead with BB.

Not just MCP anymore. One of the top 8 matches at Frosty Faustings was Eliza/Peacock vs BB/Peacock. The Eliza guy accidentally put peacock on lead at one point, where the commentator commented something like "you don't want to do that"* (I think it was Peanuts tho).

What's more, Peacock doesn't have a lot of favorable MUs, some of the bad ones being traditional leads (like Val) or even sometimes leads (like Fortune, Filia, and even BB at times) (not Soul or PW). DHC lenny is also pretty strong even if you can't convert off of the first super to kill, since he does so much damage (and now lets your team's projectiles pass thru) that he locks the opponent down like crazy, and allows you to bring Peacock out whenever you want rather than force her to fight your opponent's lead. Peacock's other DHC's are good, too: Argus puts the opponent at full screen, and Goodfellows is high-damaging.

TL, DR: basically because she has weak match start, and her versatile DHC game.

*Thinking about this, I now realize that was probably because the other guy lead with BB.

McPeanuts was saying he didn't want to do that because RoyalHearts doesn't play that order and his Eliza assist wouldn't help him at round start. That's all that was. Understand that the main reason to play anchor Peacock is to get her in on your terms. I personally believe that range 2 (round start distance) is the worst range for Peacock in neutral. Without a DP assist it's super risky at round start depending on the match up (mainly against Fortune, Parasoul, Double, or *Big Band). In hindsight, I would have rather tried starting point Peacock when I fought Elda Taluda because of the match up challenges Painwheel presents to Big Band that Peacock wouldn't have had to bother with.

*note: Big Band isn't really too awful at the range from round start, it's just a guessing game. The others are a much bigger struggle.

The true reason I play anchor Peacock is BECAUSE I have Big Band. Big Band with George's Day Out presents a unique problem to a lot of people that would rather be in the air than be at disadvantage from blocking George because jumping at predictable times gets you scooped up by Big Band. On top of that, it's one of the few teams where guessing wrong with BB leaves you safe. I like to guess a lot.

Reactions: Da_Face89 and Lex
K, thanks for the advice.
Congrats on Top 8 at FF9 too. Shame you got 3-0'd by Elda but it's Elda so don't feel bad. Wanted to attend but couldn't due to obligations.

Last edited:
Hello,

I am pretty new. Was able to get Skullgirls on the PSN sale last week.

I have 3 characters I have gotten semi-proficient with. (Learned some BNBs, resets, and general feel comfortable with.)

Fukua,Eliza, and Beowulf.

Originally I was playing Fukua and Eliza, but felt I need an invincible assist reversal. So I learned Beowulf for his H Chair.

Currently I run them Fukua(HDrill)/Eliza(Dive of Horus)/Beowulf(H Chair).

I was trying ot get some advice on possibly changing assist/ character order from some more experienced players. Any help I can get I would greatly appreciate. =)

Fukua beo eliza.

Eliza use butchers.

Everything else seems fine
Short and Simple! Thanks a ton. I assume Butcher for it's lock down and mix-up aid?

Also, is there a particular strength to Eliza as anchor?