• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirlsfanboy Versus the World

Your Steam account shows zero games owned. Can you actually prove you even own the game and are able to play other people? Because you dodged Peanuts so hard in the WYL thread that I'm surprised you didn't break any bones
You see, I started this account to keep my info separate, but I haven't bought the game again yet. I've said it several times that I'm moving, and can't get a solid enough signal to play. I've also got to get several things to get ready, i.e a new fightstick, and recording software, as well as PSN Skullgirls, if I want to go there... Not sure... (well, I guess I don't NEED recording software, but I'd prefer it, so I can, you know, record matches!) so I WAS going to just fork over the cash for the extra version, but then Mr. X and Skarms... the beginners' forum mod guy, got the idea of a download code in my head... I'll admit I'm probably trying too hard for just $15, but even so, my upbringing has made me value every penny. Even my collectible Anime figures are ones I get for great sale prices. Yeah, I'll certainly buy it myself, if no one volunteers, but I'd really prefer to still get it free!
Soo... yeah, I hope that about sums thing up! (But I REALLY wouldn't want to link my info... D'zen by himself convinced me with his "hey ***hole" message)

but I'd really prefer to still get it free!
See, here is what I don't get. Why are you even counting on other people to carry your weight? You said it yourself, you don't need to pay for recording software or the PSN version so don't. Fraps is free and there are other free recording software out there if you want to record offline matches, plus if you set up a stream through the many free services out there you can record your online matches and have them stored on someone else's server at no cost to you but the time it takes to set up an account.

Your concerns about privacy are your own business, and your moving is a legitimate obstacle. So why not just focus on getting settled and just get the game and a fight stick if you need it (Pad player here). The other stuff is just details.

See, here is what I don't get. Why are you even counting on other people to carry your weight? You said it yourself, you don't need to pay for recording software or the PSN version so don't. Fraps is free and there are other free recording software out there if you want to record offline matches, plus if you set up a stream through the many free services out there you can record your online matches and have them stored on someone else's server at no cost to you but the time it takes to set up an account.

Your concerns about privacy are your own business, and your moving is a legitimate obstacle. So why not just focus on getting settled and just get the game and a fight stick if you need it (Pad player here). The other stuff is just details.
I'm sorta new to the recording business... I thought that the free Fraps was a 30 second demo? Did they change that, or am I missing something? Also, does Twitch come built in with it? I'm afraid my laptop can't handle livestreaming, though... I MAY get a tower in the distant future, but I know that what I have can handle the game, so long as I use a fan. Is PSN just bad for online? I don't think they use a PC at Evo, which is why I wanted that. A single patch can be huge, you know? And some of the updates can make your head spin! (well, if you have a perfected combo, and they tweak that all-important move, that is.) I just wanted to get this one so I could start filling those matches out sooner. As much as I like the duck memes, I don't want to hurt my rep TOO much...
Edit:Gill laugh

Peer Pressure 's a bitch ain't it?
Nah, I just report any problems!

Words

Damn, call yourself a fanboy and yet you don't even want to fork up $15 to pay the guys working minimum wage to bring you free DLC characters. Or to play the GAME YOU MADE THIS THREAD FOR. Also, I play on keyboard and the guy who won EVO 2014 plays on pad, so you don't NEED to buy any sort of controller, so long as what you have works. Finally, no one gives two damns about your Steam profile. You can block people who are sending you friend invites or harassing you, you can make your profile private, there's basically no reason to try and hide yourself away from anyone unless you thought you had something to hide. And you totally don't, right?

Now that your excuses are out of the way, quit talking and start chalking

I'm sorta new to the recording business... I thought that the free Fraps was a 30 second demo? Did they change that, or am I missing something? Also, does Twitch come built in with it? I'm afraid my laptop can't handle livestreaming, though... I MAY get a tower in the distant future, but I know that what I have can handle the game, so long as I use a fan. Is PSN just bad for online? I don't think they use a PC at Evo, which is why I wanted that. A single patch can be huge, you know? And some of the updates can make your head spin! (well, if you have a perfected combo, and they tweak that all-important move, that is.) I just wanted to get this one so I could start filling those matches out sooner. As much as I like the duck memes, I don't want to hurt my rep TOO much...
Dude do a couple of things first:
  1. Buy the game
  2. Research cheap/free recording software
  3. check to see if anyone will agree to stream your 'vs the world' matches. It's less rude than asking for a financial handout for a copy of the game you agreed to fight on, and it could easily become a mini-event like WYL albeit a one time event (unless you or anyone else wants to make 'vs the world' matches a regular feature IDK)
  4. Stop trying to dodge like you're Neo. You made this thread, you opened the floor for challenges, it's time to nut up or shut up.

Damn, call yourself a fanboy and yet you don't even want to fork up $15 to pay the guys working minimum wage to bring you free DLC characters. Or to play the GAME YOU MADE THIS THREAD FOR. Also, I play on keyboard and the guy who won EVO 2014 plays on pad, so you don't NEED to buy any sort of controller, so long as what you have works. Finally, no one gives two damns about your Steam profile. You can block people who are sending you friend invites or harassing you, you can make your profile private, there's basically no reason to try and hide yourself away from anyone unless you thought you had something to hide. And you totally don't, right?

Now that your excuses are out of the way, quit talking and start chalking
Dekillsage is a pad player, huh? Well, I have one of those LOL I'll try it out tonight in training. I think I already said I'll buy the game myself though... Also, how's a keyboard work for you? I didn't think people used those at tournaments, but I'm familiar with the layout, and pretty decent with one already!

Im actually really bad at this game. Ive never beaten anyone notable.
yah like, i bet you dont even go to tournaments wow git gud scrub

Reactions: Chip Blaster
Ok, now that this thread's clean, feel free to discuss things that are relevant. Thanks to DeathArcana for cleaning the thread! (I think he did it, at least. If another mod did it, thanks a bundle!)

Why is this thread still a thing? Figured it would've been locked by now.

Because fanboy still hopefully intends to do it

It got cleaned up, and it's true purpose still remains: keeping WYL spam-less, and mocking me, I guess... So, yeah, I think it's still useful.
Because fanboy still hopefully intends to do it
No worries! I'm a little ways away yet, but I'll fill these all out!

Can you give us a date for when you will actually fight?

Welp here is an idea. maybe this will work for everybody.

i'm making that new stream, called "The Gladiator's Pit". One player has to face an endurance run of 10 or more challangers in ft5 matches. but if the player in the ring loses before he is at 10 wins he will be place into the stables where next time you can step up and try again. That player will only have one rematch so if he loses the next time he is out. If the player does win 10 or more matches he will go to the hall of fame he'll be praised for the next stream as the next herald who watches over the fights of the next poor soul. Most likey will get McPeanuts and or KeninBlack (Yaya too) to help commentate the stream. So the first one is going to be SGFB vs the SHC, the second one is going to be me vs all of Brazil, cause i love Brazil and i wanna test my endurance skills. What do you think?

IT IS BRILLENT

Can you give us a date for when you will actually fight?
It's still up in the air, but I imagine the first weekend after I get my new fightstick in. If I'm comfortable with a keyboard, I'll do it maybe the week after I'm done moving in/settling. I've been able to take off school while I waited for my new house to be ready, but I'll be doing a little catch-up. Not much of a problem, as I'm a good student, but I'll still be a while 'till I'm all set.
Of course, I'll let you guys know when, and then I'll tackle these in order, with McPeanuts first. I hope that explains things a little better.

(I'd also like to see if @dapurplesharpie is interested in a match. She'd be fun to fight.)

i'm making that new stream, called "The Gladiator's Pit". One player has to face an endurance run of 10 or more challangers in ft5 matches. but if the player in the ring loses before he is at 10 wins he will be place into the stables where next time you can step up and try again. That player will only have one rematch so if he loses the next time he is out. If the player does win 10 or more matches he will go to the hall of fame he'll be praised for the next stream as the next herald who watches over the fights of the next poor soul. Most likey will get McPeanuts and or KeninBlack (Yaya too) to help commentate the stream. So the first one is going to be SGFB vs the SHC, the second one is going to be me vs all of Brazil, cause i love Brazil and i wanna test my endurance skills. What do you think?
An interesting concept, for sure! I'm not sure if I'd have that much time, though... I'll watch that, though!
2 weeks
You know, I MAY be ready in 2 weeks, but I might have to get reviewed again by xbla, which would cause delays. L0 would then double-check my fighting skills, and in 2 more weeks, you could fight me.
SGFB I have faith in you because of your taste in bagels. One love bro.
What about Cokenade!? I don't mention it much anymore, but it's still the supreme beverage!

It's still up in the air, but I imagine the first weekend after I get my new fightstick in. If I'm comfortable with a keyboard, I'll do it maybe the week after I'm done moving in/settling.

Look, SGFB, just play with the keyboard. Even if you lose and make a complete fool out of yourself, it proves you're serious about this and not just trying to act like you're something you're not. Play with the keyboard just one time and maybe people might back off and wait until you move into your house or whatever excuse you have.

Ninja, that is an excellent idea. When will this be up because I can't wait to see it. Also is anybody, regardless of skill level, allow to participate?

out of curiosity, who is on the swine list?

Ninja, that is an excellent idea. When will this be up because I can't wait to see it. Also is anybody, regardless of skill level, allow to participate?

Heck yeah, anyone can join either as a Challenger ( the person who has to do the endurance run. ) or as a Champion ( the people who faces the person in the pit. ). I'm going to set up the Gladiator Pits to be bi-weekly in-between the weeks of Salty's broad cast. Something to keep people up on the Skull Girls.

Reactions: Skullgirlsfanboy
Heck yeah, anyone can join either as a Challenger ( the person who has to do the endurance run. ) or as a Champion ( the people who faces the person in the pit. ). I'm going to set up the Gladiator Pits to be bi-weekly in-between the weeks of Salty's broad cast. Something to keep people up on the Skull Girls.
Honestly, this sounds awesome. All I have to say.
Look, SGFB, just play with the keyboard. Even if you lose and make a complete fool out of yourself, it proves you're serious about this and not just trying to act like you're something you're not. Play with the keyboard just one time and maybe people might back off and wait until you move into your house or whatever excuse you have.
That IS a good point! I still need to move in, but that's just two days away. (I'm really exited!) I'll save mcpeanust for when I get a fightstick, but I should be able to handle the lower-tier matchups.

As a training update: I trained with a keyboard tonight, and I could barely survive nightmare mode, and kept dropping Peacock combos... I was amazing with Double, though. And that secret character, too... Go figure!
(Maybe I should save my Peacock game for McPeanuts. That'll keep the hype, and let me show my stuff with other teams. It's been ages since I used Nadia)
out of curiosity, who is on the swine list?
You (by request), chickenwhittle (for perverted insults towards my mother), and Justin Bieber (for being a delinquent). I will never fight someone on that list, and will drop any random match against them. Should I encounter one of them at a tournament knowingly, I will crush said player under my heel, and go about my business.
Hope that answers your questions, everyone!:PUN:

...This is sorta off the subject, but I actually did try Coca-Cola with lemonade. Needless to say, now I have something to drink when I work as the closer at Subway.

Reactions: Skullgirlsfanboy
As a training update: I trained with a keyboard tonight, and I could barely survive nightmare mode, and kept dropping Peacock combos... I was amazing with Double, though. And that secret character, too... Go figure!
You were still just fighting against an AI. Fighting against a programmed AI is still not the same as fighting a real opponent online or offline. Even if you beat the computer on Nightmare mode I doubt that you can beat McPeanuts or most of the experienced players. If you have time to play against the computer, then why not play online mode? Why not have warmup matches against one of the players here before fighting McPeanuts?

I will never fight someone on that list, and will drop any random match against them.
Ah, so you have no problems rage quitting. What sportsman-like behavior.

Last edited by a moderator:
You were still just fighting against an AI. Fighting against a programmed AI is still not the same as fighting a real opponent online or offline. Even if you beat the computer on Nightmare mode I doubt that you can beat McPeanuts or most of the experienced players. If you have time to play against the computer, then why not play online mode? Why not have warmup matches against one of the players here before fighting McPeanuts?

Ah, so you have no problems rage quitting. What sportsman-like behavior.
I don't think I can ever satisfy you, but I have a data plan hotspot right now, so since I don't want to burn tgrough it, I won't be playing online till I move. Aldo, I know how useless it is to train against nightmare cpus, but at least it gives me something that moves to fight. I do have headgamez I can train against, too. He doesn't play as much as me, though. As far as the Swines of Gaming, if someone offered your mom naked pictures, even as a joke, I would HOPE you wouldn't like that person.
...This is sorta off the subject, but I actually did try Coca-Cola with lemonade. Needless to say, now I have something to drink when I work as the closer at Subway.
Glad you liked it! I don't know why cokenade's so good, but the flavor is really unique, you know? Now we all need to try a glass of that victor stuff Flotilla has...
"Lower-tier"? Explain?
By lower-tier I meant weaker players.
I don't play scrubs tho.
No? Well, I guess it's ok to fear me.:PUN:
(Just messing with you! Maybe you'll change your mind.)

As far as the Swines of Gaming, if someone offered your mom naked pictures, even as a joke, I would HOPE you wouldn't like that person.

But I do like your mum tho, she seems like a caretaking parent. You go mum

Awesome, while I'm not that great I may be able to join if my studies doesn't interfere with it. Also have you consider making a thread about this?

Awesome, while I'm not that great I may be able to join if my studies doesn't interfere with it. Also have you consider making a thread about this?
yeah... let's go do that. let me make up some art stuff make a banner and lock down all the rules for it. I think the first one will be just me vs all of Brazil (it'll act as a test for the stream and give good entertainment for the folks out there) cause i think Mr. Quacks here is going to continue his Ducking. We might as well move on from him.