• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

So... Who are the best with respect to their character?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can already put me down as best Marie.
Bullshit, SabithaSuki was bodying folks with Marie in the beta more than anyone else I'm aware of.

Bullshit, SabithaSuki was bodying folks with Marie in the beta more than anyone else I'm aware of.
I count boss Marie as a separate character from normal.
msfortune

Last edited:
This thread is still going...?
You still consider this a thread? I like to think of it as a bunch of posts that are next to each other by coincidence.

Top 16 you can kiiinda brag about.

But honestly I feel like a garbage player and I made top 8.

This new version is practically built for how I play though soooo...

#keninblackspainwheel
vouch

You still consider this a thread? I like to think of it as a bunch of posts that are next to each other by coincidence.
vouch

Ok thats cute dj but you are quadruple posting which is bad, if you are gonna keep doing this can you at least just put them all in the same post? The +1'ing that is going on here is rather silly.

Ok thats cute dj but you are quadruple posting which is bad, if you are gonna keep doing this can you at least just put them all in the same post? The +1'ing that is going on here is rather silly.
vouch

BFDumVP.gif

how about we're all trash compared to the players of any other game and we should be working to increase the overall skill level of everybody to a point where 'best' isn't synonymous with 'competent'

On the one hand I kind of agree with the sentiment. On the other hand I really don't like the tendency for people making this point to just throw out the word trash but not offer something constructive for people to work towards. It's as though since we don't have the likes jwong/chris g putting their all into SG to act as yard-sticks, no amount of leveling up we do will be recognized even among ourselves.

I think the Australian scene's skill level has a hell of a long way to go still, but that doesn't mean I don't respect the abilities that we do have. I sure as hell respect the amount of improvement from the PC crowd.

I really don't like the tendency for people making this point to just throw out the word trash but not offer something constructive for people to work towards. It's as though since we don't have the likes jwong/chris g putting their all into SG to act as yard-sticks, no amount of leveling up we do will be recognized even among ourselves.
I said this at one point. What's the point of getting better if it doesn't matter how good any of us are cause we don't have a "Chris G"? I refuse to accept that.

Someone just wanted to stroke their ego.

Since when is stating what youve done, when someone tells you you haven't done anything, stroking your own ego?

Like, seriously, how is that bragging?

Freenuts said no one has seen me play. I came back with 4 DIFFERENT examples of my play, one of which was my placing in the biggest sg tournie of the year... And that's bragging?

It wasn't bragging. It was a factual statement in response to a fallacious statement. If you can't tell the difference I have absolutely no reason to conversate with you because you are stupid.

Ignored.

@KhaosMuffins

The fact that you said that you will vouch for anyone that asks for it, means that you aren't taking it seriously, and thusly, I can't take you serious, therefor, your ability to vouch in this thread has been rescinded. I made it blatantly clear that only serious replys would be considered.

This also means you have no devouch ability anymore either.

HOWEVER, before you said that you would nominate anyone, you actually nominated 3 people. Those nominations still count because they seemed serious.

I'm not done with you though... Be back in a bit.

@mcpeanuts

You have hated me since I had the nerve to disagree with something you said way back in sh restart. You are petty, immature, and I think, though I have no proof, that you actually are the one fueling broken looses stupid rantings. Either way, you never correct his stupidity even though by all rights you should know better.

I haven't previously ignored you cause I always figured maybe someday you would post up something worthy of reading like some new cool strategy, or some such... But no. And I don't think as far as I'm concerned that you will ever will, nor do I believe that we can just come to some sort of agreement to disagree or some such... So you are ignored as well.

@brokenloose

... I'm not going to waste to many words on you, ignored.

Oh wait, that one peacock combo that you made was pretty cool, kudos on that, wish you'd have done more of that than the other stuff, but oh well.

Back to khaos:

I have no real beef with you, except that you constantly back up loose nuts and vulpes.
Which would be perfectly fine were it not for the fact that I just ignored them, along with your propensity to disagree... But then offer absolutely no examplesof why you disagree or evidence as to why you disagree. Like that parasoul versus filia dp thing... Seriously? You see filias dp more than parasouls? Cause in all the videos that I've watched, parasoul does pillar xx car or just pillar... Waaaaaay more than filia does dp xx Gregor or just straight up dp... And the way I see it, almost all of the video evidence point to me being right.
And it ain't just videos, it's my own games on BOTH sides of the match....

Anywho, your answer to everything is almost always yes or no with absolutely no explanation... Which helps exactly no one.

And since I know that this is how you will continue to be (which is fine, not everyone is a great teacher, or even needs to be) I am also ignoring YOU.

@IsaVulpes

I actually like you cause you are one of the few people that would even attempt to explain your reasonings (even though I'm sure the sentiment isn't shared) And even through all your incessant name calling and whatnot... I don't take much offense because, well... Sticks and stones (not that it was easy or anything) but, it seems that none of our arguments have come away with either of us anything but mad, neither of us has been able to teach the other player anything, so I think it's mutually beneficial to ignore each other.

TLDR

I ignored a bunch of people, shit might chill again unless the peanut gallery venom has soaked sufficiently into everyone else, at which point I will just have to start ignoring more people, to keep the peace.

I don't know what to do with this thread now though, I think you all want it closed, and if that's what you all want then that's fine, but don't you guys want a thread like this to take seriously? Another reason to up your game? Make it on the list, get props, take your character to the moon!

DONT WE WANT TO TALK STRATEGY? Who has the best strategy? Who has the best execution? Who has the best team?

This is interesting stuff if you guys could mature up and take other peoples arguments with a grain of salt.

I mean why even be on a fighting game strategy site except to talk strategy like who the best is, what makes them the best, how to beat them, how to emulate them... Etc etc etc.

But in the end it's meh I guess, I don't have much of any hope of this thread going in a positive direction even though it definitely could with the right train of thought.

/sad

This community is a joke, Dime. Why are you surprised? Just close the thread.

Trash essay. -10/10 did not read

HEY EVERYONE. DIME_X WAS ACTUALLY TAKING THIS "FUN" TOPIC SERIOUSLY. OH NO WE BROKE RULES IN A FUN TOPIC.

also...

I said this at one point. What's the point of getting better if it doesn't matter how good any of us are cause we don't have a "Chris G"? I refuse to accept that.
vouch

#keninblackspainwheel VS #DJAzuresvouch

I'll vouch for Dime X's ability to write unnecessarily long posts. #SendDimeXToAnEditor

Reactions: dekillsage
I'll vouch for Dime X's ability to write unnecessarily long posts. #SendDimeXToAnEditor
vouch

ignore
ɪgˈnɔː/
verb
refuse to take notice of or acknowledge; disregard intentionally.

Reactions: DARKNESSxEAGLE
ignore
ɪgˈnɔː/
verb
refuse to take notice of or acknowledge; disregard intentionally.
vouch

Vouch for me, I want to feel pretty.

Try to keep it on-topic. I don't have the time to go through and clean this one up, so if it gets any more off-topic I'll be hitting the nuke button.

This community is a joke, Dime. Why are you surprised? Just close the thread.

I do think it is best to close the thread.

@Vadsamoht
Or @worldjem

You guys can close this thread if that isn't a problem. Also, worldjem, I added your peacock for posterity, cause it got seriously vouched for :)

I wish there was video of you playing view, I have a suspicion that you are pretty good :) and you are one of the people that I was hoping someone might nominate. All in all, this thread was to try and find some unknown players to start to follow.

I think lilman, retrostation, remikz, ninja-nutria are names to be on the lookout for :)

Your wish is my command.

Reactions: Dime
Status
Not open for further replies.