• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Solobella nerf needed.

gogura

Reaction score
Peacock
Her showstopper damage has got to be a coding error, ive been looking online for any news of a nerf incoming at all but i can't find anything anyone know anything of any upcoming balance tweaks?

Bella is a heavy hitter. that's how she was designed. that's balanced by her relatively lack of speed and mobility (specially if you compare with her polar opposites: Valentine and Peacock)

Her showstopper damage is obscene, really but it DO requires you to be on top of her and not landed any attack for it to work. ALSO, for it to get maximum effect you need to cancel the most damaging part with a DP+MP and follow the combo.

i don't think it deserves a BIIG nerf. maybe 10-15% of its damage. it wouldn't change your complaints in the end.

Moved to the more appropriate gameplay section.

FYI, solo ratio anything doesn't need any nerfs with the current metagame direction Skullgirls is heading right now.

Reactions: Sol Neutralguy
Moved to the more appropriate gameplay section.

FYI, solo ratio anything doesn't need any nerfs with the current metagame direction Skullgirls is heading right now.
ah let me rephrase, cerebella needs a damage output fix on some of her moves

Her damage output is less than it was in the past ;_;

The damage wont change when its just solobella, but you an always learn how to avoid it instead!

Honestly, speaking as a Peacock main, Cerebella needs that move to have big damage.
A tip on avoiding it though, try jumping before the super flash.
Oh and a habit I find useful is that whenever I feel a character is overpowered is to try that character for myself.
It helps to put things in context.

Oh and a habit I find useful is that whenever I feel a character is overpowered is to try that character for myself.
It helps to put things in context.
Truer word have never been spoken

Cerebella is far from overpowered. Nerf peacock imo

let me guess you got beat by solo bella just then

if so lewl

you do realize you can jump it if she does it raw

let me guess you got beat by solo bella just then

if so lewl

you do realize you can jump it if she does it raw

not exactly. at point blank range, if you already aren't holding up by the time the super flash occurs, she will grab you

Reactions: Candra Software
Unless you're drunk it's pretty easy to react to it.

The game pauses and she says HERE WE GO before the move comes out. That's more than enough time to know "Oh she's gonna do her Super"

After that you just hold up and jump it. I used to do ultimate showstoppers on people who are waking up all the time until someone jumped it and I remembered not everyone will fall for the same trick.

That's not how Ultimate Showstopper works dude.

One the screen freezes, the move is 0 frames. If you weren't jumping before that point, you will get grabbed.

You must be drunk, high, on meth, and have supernatural powers of changing gameplay mechanics on the fly to be able to jump out of it on reaction.... Cause its currently impossible. It works the same way as
Giefs super. If you were grounded before the super flash it will always grab you provided you are in the ground, not in hit or blockstun and not in the middle of the grounded frames of an invincible move.

So no, it's not easy to react to... It is literally impossible to reactively avoid if you are in a throwable ground state and within range.

Reacting to a 5 frame move is insane enough already.

Reacting to a 5 frame move online? ha

that's not how supers work in this game der buddy

o ok fair enough then, tried it myself, my bad

but on the overall topic, i still don't see how solo bella is op

You can't react to the showstopper, but you can anticipate it.

Bella can't combo into it, meaning it's always a standalone move. For example, if you put pressure on her while not moving from the ground, the opponent may very well mash shotstopper and grab you the moment you drop your combo, because why wouldn't he. Jump a lot to diminish his confidence in that strategy and dodge the super if he attempts it.

You can also do it with a bit of mindgames. Combo for a while just on the ground, then end the combo and jump. If he mashed super, Bella will attempt the showstopper that very second and fail, in which case you start the combo anew, leaving Bella humiliated and even more damaged.

In the end, getting caught in a showstopper is usually Bella's opponent's fault for creating/not avoiding a perfect showstopper opportunity.

Hey look, more people complaining about SoloBella! How about you try her for yourself instead of taking the easy road and bitching about it? USS needs no nerfs, if you're 1 v 1 it's solid damage for what's supposed to be a powerful command grab, if you're 1 v2/3 IT DOES DAMAGE TO RED LIFE. Learn how to safely tag out your characters and recover.

View619 said:
Learn how to safely tag out your characters and recover.
That is why I use 2 characters. Nice of you to bring that up.

Last edited:
How about you try her for yourself instead of taking the easy road and bitching about it?
I did, for 1 match

Result was
- Get dominated
- DIAMOND ARE FOREVVVERRRRRRRRRRRRR
(Kill assist)
- Drop combo cus I suck
- DYNAMOOOOOOOOO (cus, why not)
- Won

Sorry but
I ain't playing this character
If I want to feel retarded I can poke my pecker into an apple pie, that's fun at least

It's still a problem with solo characters, pre-super flash I wouldn't have a problem with this, since it meant both solos and teams could of a way to retaliate and save their asses.

However tho, with the super flash, it's been buffed heavily in it's favour, especially with new players running around. I would suggest another damage nerf so it's 'survivable' but also get a little less red-health so it doesn't become completely useless.

It's still a problem with solo characters, pre-super flash I wouldn't have a problem with this, since it meant both solos and teams could of a way to retaliate and save their asses.

However tho, with the super flash, it's been buffed heavily in it's favour, especially with new players running around. I would suggest another damage nerf so it's 'survivable' but also get a little less red-health so it doesn't become completely useless.
USS is fine, I'm surprised people even have a problem with it. If you're letting Cerebella grapple your ass then you're just prying in her territory lol. It's like fighting against Zangief and complaining he always pile drives your ass when you try to fight up in his face all the time.

If you're fighting her 1v1 then stop doing that unless it's Fortune or something. You can pressure solos with assists.

Unless its a really good bella, just hold up all the time. Because they will grab all day. And even if they AA you, with excellebella/air grab, it's a lot better than getting hit by a showstopper or MGR.

USS is fine, I'm surprised people even have a problem with it. If you're letting Cerebella grapple your ass then you're just prying in her territory lol. It's like fighting against Zangief and complaining he always pile drives your ass when you try to fight up in his face all the time.

If you're fighting her 1v1 then stop doing that unless it's Fortune or something. You can pressure solos with assists.

I'm pretty neutral with it to be honest. I'm just horrible against 'Bella in general and I definitely need to do better against her but since the super-flash update, it's a fair bit harder to avoid such a powerful attack if you don't have your wits about with 'Bella.

This pretty much sums up Bella's USS

Dat eye at the end. It's exactly how I feel when I land USS on someone, or cancel Lock N' Load H into it, heheh.
I don't think this star needs to be dimmed, just learn how to play around her, is all. I generally try to fight JUST outside of her grabs for medium range attacks. I only do aerial resets with her, because on the ground is just too risky. Unless you want to see something spectacular, that is.

Reactions: Shooon
A lot of characters have aerial moves that can easily get around Cerebella doing random command throws. I'm wondering if you guys try to fight Cerebella on the ground and then get grabbed as she blocks your string or something. I play Cerebella and I rarely use USS. I use Diamond Drop the most since you can do it after you fail your hit confirm and then follow up with a free Diamond Dynamo. I'm not the best nor the worst player but I can't do a 360 unless I plan to do it beforehand as opposed to doing it on reaction.

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs

The differenve between her and Zief is that she is given the tools to get in between armor and glide. Not to mention that USS has huge range for a throw. Since this is a game of rushdown, "just zone her" doesn't work either.

Finally, it is nonsense to tell people not to play the game solo. The game is in theory supported for all three team sizes (and advertised as such). Until the devs come out and say a team of one is trolling, I expect it to be viable.

PS I am more one the side of Bellas fine.

still of the opinion that the skillgap between playing solobella vs a team is pretty great.
theres a lot of luck involved/the opponent needs to mess up basically

solo is just kinda dumb in general

That depends on the team, doublecock can be truly dumb at times or as many like to say "braindead".

still of the opinion that the skillgap between playing solobella vs a team is pretty great.
theres a lot of luck involved/the opponent needs to mess up basically

solo is just kinda dumb in general

I disagree.

Solo (some) might could use a tiny buff (but more than likely some assists could use a tiny nerf), but it is generally viable.

I gladly put my solo PW against most teams. Will I come out ahead? Maybe not, but I'll more than hold my own against any but the top tier.

Reactions: Broseidon Rex