• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Souls Series and Bloodborne

Trouble getting Priscilla's tail? WUT R U, CASULS?
Maybe I lucked out but it was the easiest tail chop I ever got in the game. Used a 2-handed R2 with the Black Knight Sword while she was standing there and SNIP! New dagger!
Kalameet's was the worst, the fight took me around half an hour (shouldn't have waited it for NG+++ to do it). Played it extremely safe.
Yes you kinda lucked out

So Iron King is soon, which means I have a solid reason to pick up DS2 now.
I swear if all those melee attacks are specific to an enemy I'm gonna be PISSED.

I think I'm gonna start running a str/int build.

Moolight GS plus GS powerstance=yes

• Spells “Sacred Oath” and “Bountiful Sunlight”
o Casting this on one's self will now diffuse all support effects
o Having it cast by someone else will not diffuse other support effects
o Casting spells on yourself to create other support effects after having these used will diffuse the effect of the above spells
(players cannot use the effects of these spells in conjunction with other effects from spells they cast on themselves)

• Spells “Numbness” and “Resonant Flesh”
o Casting this on one's self will now diffuse all support effects
o Casting spells on yourself to create other support effects after having these used will diffuse the effect of the above spells
(players cannot use the effects of these spells in conjunction with other effects from spells they cast on themselves)
http://farfire.darksoulsii.com/pc/information/index.html

It's pretty damn awesome how that is finally being put into place. That is like the most complained about thing and one of the main complained about things that could actually be considered legitimate to complain about. Though i doubt most of the people who complain will be grateful for it but whatever it's awesome they're finally putting that into place.
Also super glad they didn't nerf great combustion since that's such an amazing roll punisher when using a melee build.

so i heard there's a new DLC out

how is it?

Ay, I got two questions for y'all.

1. If I run Bootcamp on my Macbook Pro could I run Dark Souls II?
2. I yes then when do you think the game will go on sale on Steam, if ever?

Last edited:

how is it?
I haven't tried Iron King but Sunken king is really really really good.

how is it?
I like it, it's no where near as mazey as the sunken king and feels as a very different level. People will prolly not like if they expected something like the sunken king. It's very different in this it's much more like a tower going up and down it with lots of hard things in-between. The bosses aren't pushovers and will punish dodging habits from other bosses. also the room the third boss is in is pretty awesome.

That being said i'm pretty sure i haven't found everything and am not sure where some stuff is hidden and they do a really good job at hiding stuff in this dlc.

overall I would say that sunken king is slightly better but both are really amazing.

1. If I run Bootcamp on my Macbook Pro could I run Dark Souls II?
2. I yes then when do you think the game will go on sale on Steam, if ever?
Ya know what? I'm gonna specify that I want @Balder to answer these questions.
'Cause Balder is the resident Souls expert and he's a super cool dude.

6cf.gif

Wait a sec! Is this a ruse? Am I walking into a ruse? ...dang it! No better way to catch a fraud than with objective, technical questions.
Can't really snake my way around this. <:3

Anyway, I do dawdle around the boards (spoiling the ever-livin', ever-lovin' crap out of OIK DLC) so I can take a peek... there's two types of reports but the majority claim that DSII running on MBP has SERIOUS frame rate drops, regardless of settings. Most report that it starts out just fine, looks like it runs at 60fps but after a minute or two, it's a literal plunge. And there's a few who state that it works; heck! one guy on the Steam boards states "60 frames with everything on max on a macbook pro running bootcamp".
Wish I could be of actual assistance but I admit technical stuff tends to elude me, especially when my computer is used only for internets and hoarding. (.__.)
And by sale I take it you mean the discount one (over here, game currently costs 40 smackers - 70, if you had the €30 DLC). I can't pretend to fathom how they operate but I'd wager that besides wanting to finish releasing all the DLC and let it ride for a while so they can milk those full prices as well as not backhand buyers in the mouth by releasing a Ultra Arcade Edition right after (aka the Capcom method). I'm inclined to say the Holidays would be a good time as the only way to score sales against the usual AAA tidal wave would be offering very tempting prices, maybe a full package edition (a reason why these DLC chapter are coming at a good moment - there isn't much being released during the Summer season).

I should get the DLC today (lol Europe) but I already spoiled some things. The new gear looks really good and the boss fights are certainly the type the game needs more of. Sunken King was REALLY hard for me (had to fraud my way through every boss fight) so I'm curious to see how this will play out. I hope it won't screw melee builds as hard... <:3

Reactions: Denizen
Thanks @Balder, that was disheartening yet also hopeful.
I just repaired the permissions on my laptop, so it should be a little faster.
I just wish there was a way for me to try and run the game on Steam before buying it.
<_< , >_>

Reactions: CapnWTF
i know i was joking about it earlier but after reading Iron King spoilers . . .

Manus really is Hakan! He has so many daughters!

It was pretty easy to see considering Dark Souls 2's story is basically "Everything is a cycle, everything is connected, while there is always a loser, there will always be a winner".

i know i was joking about it earlier but after reading Iron King spoilers . . .
I mentioned the possibility as well only that I was quite serious about it.
When Nadalia arrives, everything was already messed up. You could say... she was coaxed into a snafu. :3
With no king to play like a fiddle, she fragments herself and becomes one with the area.

Anyway, spent my first hours in Brume Tower. My initial impression is that it's considerably easier than Sunken King - enemies going down in one backstab, no longer immune to poison, no bullshit like the ghosts, etc.
Then things started to go south. VERY QUICKLY. -_-"
One part in particular managed to inscribe me in Drangleic's lore as The Salt King. Spoilers/critical mass umadium below:
That asshole invader with the lance! Holy shitmuffins, did that crap really stirred my sprinkles. Took me about 10 tries and it was basically a gradual progress thing.
It starts as a regular invasion but after the dipshit takes some damage, he evokes his inner Sanic and Gotta go fast!s his way down a large spiral staircase. Of course, the place is crawling with enemies and, not only that, there's a Ashen Idol casting a curse aura over the whole freakin' place that not only hollows your ass, it also heals enemies and resurrects the possessed armors. Peachy!
And the cherry on top of this bullshit cake? Red phantom chugging Sunny-D. They patch out the use of Estus during PvP and then add a invader that can use it (usually behind 3 or 4 enemies). And like with the Sunken King invaders/Gank Squad, the moron has HP for days. A backstab does negligible damage. Finally killed him with a lucky shot that tossed him down the tower. Gwynevere's titties!

And now I'm stuck in Fume Knight. It's feeling like a Gwyn you can't parry with Kalameet's HP. orz

Lance guy forreal feels like he has a fixed stamina that cannot go down.

Loadsastuff
Oh man, all this talk is making me miss DSII. However I can't play it on my PS3 anymore, not after seeing how awesome the experience is on a computer. I'm going to be pushing my laptop to its limits to run this thing.

JESUS CHRIST ALLOUNE PLS

He's just using my body as his sword's sheathe.

Also that area is really pretty.

That lance invader was pretty good but the other invader is even more crazy, i feel like both of them where meant for those people who chug estus when they get invaded and just run away to do that just so they know what it feels like to be on the receiving end of it.

Also Alonne is an amazing boss. I also liked the Fume Knight who was really damn hard.

A thing i found out when invading is that the invader also gets hurt by the statues.

I am getting rekt by the fume knight, I always end up rolling directly into his slow bullshit. I'm not sure who the lance invader you guys are talking about is though, the only npc one I've experienced so far is Quickblade Rachel and I kicked their ass by just walking around a burning torch and slowly watching them walk themselves into their demise.

I am getting rekt by the fume knight, I always end up rolling directly into his slow bullshit. I'm not sure who the lance invader you guys are talking about is though, the only npc one I've experienced so far is Quickblade Rachel and I kicked their ass by just walking around a burning torch and slowly watching them walk themselves into their demise.
by the foyer bonfire back outside to the first entrance you go into there is a door to the left and when you go outside you will find a far off tower connected by a chain. There's also another invader on the way to the 5th bonfire which is in the middle of the tower only accessible once all the elevators are running.

I now know the pain of that lance dickbutt now. I managed to cheese him out by landing on one of the platforms and slowly chipping him to death with the allonne greatbow that just happened to be there.

I feel like going through that was worth it though for the majestic greatsword. I'm pretty sure its a reference to the Master Sword from Zelda. Its description says everyone it was passed down to was left handed, and when you do a one handed heavy attack when it's equipped in your left hand, it does a spin attack.

I just thought that was pretty neat.

Also the fume knight reminds me a bit of the Darknuts from Twilight Princess, except instead of going from big sword + shield to thrusting sword he goes from both of those to big sword + bullshit magic.

I now know the pain of that lance dickbutt now. I managed to cheese him out by landing on one of the platforms and slowly chipping him to death with the allonne greatbow that just happened to be there.

I feel like going through that was worth it though for the majestic greatsword. I'm pretty sure its a reference to the Master Sword from Zelda. Its description says everyone it was passed down to was left handed, and when you do a one handed heavy attack when it's equipped in your left hand, it does a spin attack.

I just thought that was pretty neat.

Also the fume knight reminds me a bit of the Darknuts from Twilight Princess, except instead of going from big sword + shield to thrusting sword he goes from both of those to big sword + bullshit magic.
Majestic Greatsword is Artorias' sword, at least that's what I'm banking on.

Majestic Greatsword is Artorias' sword, at least that's what I'm banking on.

Yeah I did a little reading and it seems like it has a bit of similarities to Artorias' sword.

Still gonna pretend Link is the chosen undead though. lots of dumb similarities about cycles n shit.

Yeah I did a little reading and it seems like it has a bit of similarities to Artorias' sword.
after watching some videos of it in action, I'm going to say it's Art's sword. From seems to really like the idea that he was wrecking everyone while fighting with his off hand.

after watching some videos of it in action, I'm going to say it's Art's sword. From seems to really like the idea that he was wrecking everyone while fighting with his off hand.
Because it's a really good idea.

Artorias is the closest thing the Dark Souls world had to an honest to "god" (no pun intended) hero.

All of his actions were done for the good of everyone else or at least someone else, he was SO pure that he couldn't stand the abyss. All that light was overcome with darkness, like that one decent line from Kingdom Hearts says:The brighter that light, the bigger the shadow.

The fact that you fought Artorias covered in Abyss, using his bad arm WHILE having no shield and using his special left handed moveset while right handed is a good way to persevere the character's badassery without shoehorning him into the DLC as a fight.

Last edited:
That's how you have fun in PC version.
If you can't fight it, join it.
That feel in the end. It's like God let you see the Lost Eden for once

Reactions: Balder and Denizen
All of his actions were done for the good of everyone else or at least someone else, he was SO pure that he couldn't stand the abyss.
And don't forget that he relinquished his shield...to save his dog. That didly-feelarino. T_T
But that's part of the Dark Souls magic - you struggle tooth and nail to beat a boss and what do you get? Game guilt trips you like there's no tomorrow. Let's not even get started on Sif and Quelaag...
Again, one of my qualms with the DSII lore is that it misses that facet. Bosses are just obstacles for the most part.

I also like how the duel with Artorias references the part in Berserk where Gatsu first dons the Berserker Armor, from dangling broken arm to sword crash somersault.
That boss is my favorite in the game mostly because it's where I pulled off my proudest moment in these games - first time I beat him it was on "equal terms". Took no shield and bested him solely with my Black Knight Sword. (I know it's not much in the grand scheme of things but for lil' ol' me who's always hiding behind a shield, it was a major thing.)

Anyway, continuing the adventures of the Salt King, I'm stuck on Raime but bent on defeating him by myself. It's a very hard fight but a very fun one as well.
Only progress in the last session was clearing the Iron Passage which I completely loathed. It felt like another Chasm gauntlet and those were something I just wanted to get over with. It got to a point where I planned to move even slower and keep killing enemies until they stop spawning. Doesn't help that the area boss marks the return of what might be the boss fight I revile the most in this. Eventually stopped caring and brought the Mastodon set AI phantom...also started using the Greatsword.

EDIT: watching that video with the hackers. I whine about a lot of stuff but THAT is some bullshit right there. o_0
The first one with the guy flying away was hilarious. "I must go. My planet needs me."

Last edited:
Greatsword is god, Greatsword is life.

I'm thinking of making a quality hex build or a str/int build.

I'll use a shield for traversing, but bosses will be a one on one buffed katana slash fest.

I AM THE LIGHTNING, THE RAIN TRANSFORMED

Anyway, continuing the adventures of the Salt King, I'm stuck on Raime but bent on defeating him by myself.
Raime is the Saltiest. Putting on Velstadt's armor makes him so mad he goes into phase two of his fight at the start.

Dude is super mad.

I assume that everyone here besides me plays PC Dark Souls II, so I have a quick question.
Is Steam the only way to play online PC DSII?

Bonus question, have any new gestures been released with the DLC?

Raime is the Saltiest. Putting on Velstadt's armor makes him so mad he goes into phase two of his fight at the start.
I read that using the helmet is enough to make him lose it.
Incidentally, I noticed some summonable phantoms in the area wearing it. If a phantom is enough to make him lose it, that's some top notch trolling right there.

Is Steam the only way to play online PC DSII?

Bonus question, have any new gestures been released with the DLC?
According to my quick search around the Wikias and GFAQs boards, yes, Steam is required to access the game's online component.
And no, there are no new gestures in either DLC chapter. No new NPCs either, now that I think about it...

I could do this but I don't want to... >_>
OTL

Side note, Setz made a couple of Catherine cover parodies of Dark Souls for all your waifu needs.
tumblr_nb24kzc93P1t09dnqo1_r1_500.jpg

tumblr_nb24kzc93P1t09dnqo4_r1_1280.jpg

Last edited:
I have borrowed a friends DS2 game on 360. And this time I wanted to play pure offensive (was mostely a Shield wealding pyromancer on DS1).

Wield 1 fully upgraded Blacksteel katana on both hands and use every spell I can use as support.
And well, I can say Looking glass knight took way longer then it should had been. How is the next boss (a frog I think)?

How is the next boss (a frog I think)?
Demon of Song? Like a easier Freja. Slow and most of its moves are pretty much a death sentence but the area is very big so keeping a distance is fairly simple.
Successfully traversing the area is a much harder ordeal (even with the nerfed Amana priestesses).

DS1 duel shield only letss goooo!

Last edited:
Side note, Setz made a couple of Catherine cover parodies of Dark Souls for all your waifu needs.
The way Setz draws Ornstein always makes me laugh

And for all the Moonlight Greatsword appearances in its games, I'm still waiting on armor based on Metal Wolf Chaos.

I read that using the helmet is enough to make him lose it.
Incidentally, I noticed some summonable phantoms in the area wearing it. If a phantom is enough to make him lose it, that's some top notch trolling right there.

Well now i know what i need to do next.

continuing my "knight's honor" run in DS1.

alas, poor priscilla. but the tail was necessary. so that leaves only seath for tail weapons and then i can run off to NG+ without many issues.

continuing my "knight's honor" run in DS1.

alas, poor priscilla. but the tail was necessary. so that leaves only seath for tail weapons and then i can run off to NG+ without many issues.
You don't have to kill her, though.

Lifehunt Scythe is also on the list of needed items.

And I still need Channeler's Trident oh great.

Lifehunt Scythe is also on the list of needed items.

And I still need Channeler's Trident oh great.
You could have darksigned, homeward boned, jumped off.

Monster