• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Splatoon

Marie's scientific research will be stolen by a rival Squid.

While Callie's art will remain IMMORTAL!

So apparently Europe got one too
It's Messy Room vs. Clean Room

Not the freshest theme

Reactions: juju_for_president
So apparently Europe got one too
It's Messy Room vs. Clean Room

Not the freshest theme

You serious?

I mean honestly who likes a messy room?

I mean honestly who likes a messy room?
My brother?

I can't remember last time he cleaned his own room. Candy paper everywhere on the floor. some dishes there to. I have no idéa everything that is on his bed and around it eather, mostely scrap, dusts and etc. I dunno, he maby clean his room 2 times a year.

Team Tidy Room about to clean up everyone's mess!

Is Disney Infinity the joke
The figures? No.

The game? Yes.

Just watched some gameplay and they literally mimic'd the arowana mall map.

Either it's a tribute or the most blatant ripoff ever.

Considering the ray guns and how there's barely anything there to even be remotely squid-like

It's Disney making a cheap chinese knockoff to cash in on Splatoon's ginormous popularity

Reactions: DDB
It's a tribute omg. Its the top featured toybox and even says "squidiest kid." If it ain't a tribute I dunno what is. Its a game made in the toybox mode. XD

It's not even a good tribute, it's ugly as shit and looks like it plays terribly.

Honestly it looks like a ripoff and a fairly blatant one at that.

Think Nintendo has enough muscle to get it eliminated if they wanted to? Not that they would, it's more incentive to play the better game in Splatoon. :FUK:

Yesh, its a bad ripoff, I just find it funny how many ppl are reacting negatively to this. It's a nice little poke and nod to Splatoon, as well as a way to show off some of the really unique things you can do in Disney Infinity. I'm not saying its super well done, but remember, it was a custom map made exclusively using the in-game assets and no outside tinkering. Not really fair to act like Disney is going to be making its own Splatoon when they're just trying to show a friendly bit of community...

Yesh, its a bad ripoff, I just find it funny how many ppl are reacting negatively to this. It's a nice little poke and nod to Splatoon, as well as a way to show off some of the really unique things you can do in Disney Infinity. I'm not saying its super well done, but remember, it was a custom map made exclusively using the in-game assets and no outside tinkering. Not really fair to act like Disney is going to be making its own Splatoon when they're just trying to show a friendly bit of community...
That's what I said, and everyone went apeshit

When will we get a disney infinity map in Splatoon?

I am utterly confused as to why people are so angry about this.

Disney Infinity is a gigantic level editor. You open up an empty sand box and you can place platforms, enemies, weapons, etc and even program some pretty intricate games in there using the game's engine. People can submit their levels to Disney and they get listed on an in game download list. Disney also have their own team of 'Toy Box Artists' that are hired from the pool of top level players to make more in depth and intricate levels.
All of these levels - even the ones made by Disney - are free, basically home made stages.

Disney has always had a paintball gun in the game that predates Splatoon. I even made my own Splatoon level in Disney Infinity a few months back using that gun. I never figured out how to tie it to a scoring system, but Disney seem to have. I imagine every second Dinsey Infinity player that saw Splatoon thought of doing the same thing.

So Disney's team make this level - an exact, obvious copy of a Splatoon level - and even mention Squids repeatedly in their ad for it. It's obviously a friggin homage to Splatoon. Why anyone thinks they're trying to rip off Splatoon I have no god damn clue.

How many Super Meat Boy or whatever famous platformers are being made in Mario Maker without anyone giving a shit? I see nothing but praise for it.

Last edited:
Honestly it's a tribute..whether it's good or not its just a fun nod to another game.

Now if Disney were making money on the level itself then there would be reason to sue or cry plagiarism. It's a tribute that's it. It's not really anything to get worked up over.

Disney Infinity killed my best potato in war and gave me PotaTSD

I will be honest. Science side has Bill Nye an The Mythbusters....

But the art side has my Girlfriend and videogames. Sorry, no contest. Team Art FTW.

Feel my art, you science freaks

Feel my art, you science freaks
image.jpg

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
So we're getting a new map tonight. At launch we had four but now we have a solid 12.

The squids are making new territory
Moving
Evolving

Looking forward to eventual Jellyfish Fields map
A real squid plays underwater, woomy to your mother

It's basically Port Mackerel but good.

I was literally one point from reaching the next support level when it ended lol.
[le sigh]
My last two matches would be my worst ones. Ah, well tis' life.

Team Art won 255 to 245.

51% of the players chose the art and 51% of the fights were won by Team Art.

A lot closer than I thought it was.

It truly was close.
Also, I realized that if you dont claim you sea snails soon enough then you lose them. I didnt get my snails from the last splatfest.

Good job on the Splatfest guys! I bet you all did such wonderful jobs! (Just trying to help if anyone's a bit salted.)

Holy crap that was close!

In North Pole VS South Pole (I know, don't judge me) North only won by a few points I think