• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Beowulf SPOILERS - Beowulf Story Mode and Other Lore

Am I the only one that's hoping that The Dragon is an actual dragon? Like something huge and bad-ass that makes Double and Marie look like weaklings? Although it would be cool if Double transformed into a dragon.

Am I the only one that's hoping that The Dragon is an actual dragon? Like something huge and bad-ass that makes Double and Marie look like weaklings? Although it would be cool if Double transformed into a dragon.
You are not alone

What if... Grendel's actually at peace, and he ends up encouraging Beowulf to step into the ring?

"Dude... I lost my mom! And my arm! I literally live with it every day, but you're the one who chose to carry it around. How on Meridian did I get over it and you didn't? You have a talent for the ring, I'll give you that- ha, you always did! I'll tell you what, there's some sort of necromancer terrorizing the Canopies, how about you get one last fight? Prove that you can do some good with that chair of yours. Slap a little girl in the face for me, will you?

I mean... Grendel's already given Beowulf a hand.

As for how Beowulf could wish on the Skull Heart... well... I'm not entirely comfortable postulating this on account of the politics involved, but I recall Ahad mentioning that someone who identifies as a woman but has juicy man bits can still become a Skullgirl. And Beowulf does run around in a wolf costume all the time... if it were a girl wolf, and this was his outward expression of that, maybe technically it could count?

Or maybe not. Life's a bitch, sometimes.
:PUN:

Great theory, Shock, as always. But I have a question directed to Beowulf/Eliza's story mode. If Your suggestion occurs, what exactly will happen to Beowulf/Eliza's story continuation if Skullgirls 2 will ever be a thing?
Good question! Hah, to be honest, I didn't think it through, but it would be interesting if he and others teamed up to fighter her, and it's a big chaotic fight that doesn't really end in anyone getting killed, but reveals Eliza's secret, changes her mindset, and / or deals her a significant blow--more of a prelude to big events type of deal -- thus forces her to regroup, but completely go into the Goddess Mindset and become the new global threat upon her recovery (think of her ending and how she decides to step out for a night on the town, but only, now she's pushing forward to be a global threat).

With her pretty much declaring war on everyone else, she's the big bad for SG2 as intended, Wulf embracing the role of post-retirement heroism is intent on joining and rallying together the other heroes of the story while other background events stir; Marie comes back in a way similar to Eliza's ending, Brain Drain schemes behind the scenes, Double doubles trouble, Isaac's discoveries come into play and more! :PUN:

Reactions: Medici Mob Boss
As for the Marie question, I think it would be interesting if he fought her early and then we find out more about his past with the Egrets etc, but he grows in pride, excitement and heroism due to saving everyone from the Skullgirl and eventually fights against Eliza.
Hang on, are we implying that Beowulf was a Black Egret during the war?
Because that's actually pretty cool.

What if Beowulf comes outta retirement and goes about his business and, through that, interferes with Cerebeblla's mission, or someone's mission and gets himself dragged into the whole mess by essentially trying to be a hero? What if the double fight is due to Double taunting him by taking on Grendel's form? and that gets him to go over the edge?

I'm pretty sure that the Black Egrets aren't the main fighting force of the Canopian Military.
They're more of a specialized police force that deals with domestic emergencies, like SWAT.

I'm pretty sure that the Black Egrets aren't the main fighting force of the Canopian Military.
They're more of a specialized police force that deals with domestic emergencies, like SWAT.
Yeah, the Black Egrets are definitely the cream if the crop if they engage the enemy alongside the ruler of the Canopy Kingdom. Not saying Beowulf couldn't have been an Egret, but his enlistment in the military doesn't necessarily mean he was, either.

However, if you're fighting against the bat shit crazy fighters of Skullgirls, you'd likely have to be strong enough to at least *qualify* for the Black Egrets. It's not like we even know how old the Egrets are, as a military unit. They could be Parasoul's personal fighting force, and not even have existed during the great war.

It's a popular theory around here, which gained more attention and basis with Parasoul's line to Beowulf
"You served our cause back then."

*It could also be a reference to Beo killing Grendel and his mother, as Gigan's are sort of the nemesi of the Canopy Kingdom

It's a popular theory around here, which gained more attention and basis with Parasoul's line to Beowulf
"You served our cause back then."

*It could also be a reference to Beo killing Grendel and his mother, as Gigan's are sort of the nemesi of the Canopy Kingdom
That's what I thought myself. Oh we'll know much more once we know his voice. We will then know how he talks to Parasoul, Cerebella, and others.

Anyway, I'd imagine Beowulf coming out to the streets and being watched by the Paparazzi.

Then again we don't see Eliza being surrounded by the Paparazzi so I doubt it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Medici Mob Boss
I really hope we get more drama, so i'm at least hoping beowulf dies at the end. It would kinda make since. OH and before he goes to heaven he fights a darker version of himself. This darker version represents the guilt that he felt about grendel and his mother and he has to literally beat the guilt to be at peace with himself.

I really hope we get more drama, so i'm at least hoping beowulf dies at the end. It would kinda make since. OH and before he goes to heaven he fights a darker version of himself. This darker version represents the guilt that he felt about grendel and his mother and he has to literally beat the guilt to be at peace with himself.

Delving into psychological horror and possible death in order to combat his inner darkness? Wait, shouldn't that be Isaac's story mode?

Reactions: Muro
I feel like beowulf story should be like a saturady morning cartoon. We need something uplifting after Eliza's story mode.

Delving into psychological horror and possible death in order to combat his inner darkness? Wait, shouldn't that be Isaac's story mode?
i don't think so. Isaac would just travel back in time to like kill marty or something. But i do think that Beowulf dying in his story is a possibility.

I feel like beowulf story should be like a saturady morning cartoon. We need something uplifting after Eliza's story mode.
meeeehhhhhh i don't know. I think annie's story could have been more like that. After all she was a childrens tv star.

Guys, it's gonna be like Gurren Lagann.

Reactions: Fumako
So... Night Phyre said that he'd be open for questions regarding Beowulf lore?

I hope we don't get to know too much though. I personally don't want to get spoiled before playing the Story Mode.

Reactions: Kai
hey guys guess what!! BEOWULF VOICE ACTOR GOT ANNOUNCED!!!
DUDE YOU ARE SO SLOW, EVERYBODY ALREADY KNOWS.

Man we shouldn't be harsh on each other. We should celebrate that Beo's VA is one of the friendliest guys here (like what I predicted :PUN:). I also mentioned his name on an earlier post. Anyway, he said he's open for questions about what Alex Ahad told him, right?

"Throw everything you know about Beowulf, OUT THE WINDOW."
~Kai Kennedy AKA Night Phyre

Reactions: Kai
What does that mean?
So that means all our assumptions of Beowulf are null? Like he's not actually a wrestler? His chair isn't called the Hurting? What does that mean?

I still don't understand. :/
Anyway, if Beowulf's Story Mode is breaking the 4th wall featuring L0... I dunno.

Edit: So Night Phyre said that Ms. Fortune is next to Beowulf on the SG Power Level Scale, which is pretty low. What is SG Power Level Scale? Is that if they turn into a Skull Girl? If so that would be weird since Beowulf is a guy who is disqualified in Skull Heart wish-making. Or maybe it's more of a technical thing?

Edit 2: Since Beowulf has been compared with Parasoul so many times I guess Parasoul would have a connection with him, which is also supported by her battle quotes against him. But then Beowulf has been said to be younger than Mrs. Victoria. I wonder if since he's been compared with Mrs. Victoria, he has a connection with her. Marriage, perhaps?

Last edited:
*off topic*He's like more than three times as heavy as I am. Can I be lifted by Beowulf, please?*end off topic*

I added some new info based on what Night Phyre said.

As Denizen accurately surmised, the reference to power levels is a loose description, not an exact science. Lore-wise, the difference between the combat abilities of various characters if fairly wide, so I used terms like, "power levels," in my discussions with Alex to place characters on a rough scale. Beowulf, despite being a 1-in-a-million fighting machine, is still just a human with no special powers. When stood next to the incredibly purpose-built lethality of the newest multi-parasite ASG monstrosities (peacock, painwheel, etc) you can sort of understand why he might be considered, "low," on the power level scale.

What does that mean?
So that means all our assumptions of Beowulf are null? Like he's not actually a wrestler? His chair isn't called the Hurting? What does that mean?
It means that *much* of the speculation about Beowulf and his story mode are off the mark. The established details that Lab Zero have plainly stated (wrestler, chair named hurting, etc) are still very much true.

In reality, this isn't because the guesses on Skullheart are bad, it's because Alex, Kent, and Christian came up with a nice, unexpected story for Beowulf. It's honestly one of my favorites, and not just because it's, "my," character. It's just plain great.