• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Beowulf SPOILERS - Beowulf Story Mode and Other Lore

I honestly imagined that Beo and Annie would hit it off. Beowulf seems the type to no get freaked out over the massive things, in fact, I honestly think he'd not only laugh it off, but tell Annie she's awesome once he learns of her powers. As far as connections to other characters, we really only got Cerebella and Andy as official.

On Parasoul, how do you know she's talking about him being part of the military? There are tons of implications, such as, in he case of him being a prince, he was an ally to Parasoul's father possibly, he served another job han as a soldier. Heck, it could be unrelated to the Black Egrets or the War. It's a pretty ambiguous line, though it does point mostly towards the war idea.

I also think he'd flirt with Valentine, and just be suave and stuff around her. And then get caught off guard when she tries to kill him. He seems like the type who might flirt slightly. He's definately the type to unkowlingly throw himself WAY in over his head...

Reactions: Kai
I like the idea of socially awkward Beowulf. Like he's only "sociable" in the ring because it's just an act.

Reactions: Shockdingo
he does seem the type to only be as rowdy and energetic when with those he knows well. I wouldn't peg him as socially awkward, but more reserved when not around those he's familiar with.

So many possible Beowulf ships! I guess we can only tell which one is canon when the Story Mode is released. We can probably narrow it down when there's Beo's voice by the end of this week Insha Allah.
I know @Kuzlalala is from Indonesia, and thus in a completely different culture, but:

FUN FACT

In the Middle East, saying Insha Allah ("If God wills it") is basically he same as saying, "It's going to take an act of God." For example, you'll say, "hey, we need to get these three guys cleared for on-base access, their continued training is extremely important." This dude might say back to you, "of course, of course, I'll let my command section know to fast track the paperwork, and it'll be sorted out soon, Insha Allah."

Fuck. He's not gonna do it. "Insha Allah," means that he's not making it a priority, and the only way it's getting done is if God literally intervenes.

Anyways, long story short, I learned today that Indonesians use the phrase differently!

In Morocco they use it like in Indonesia, I recall c:

Socially awkward woof sound hilarious and fits the librarian fancanon, but I'm with North here, he seems like a confident flirt flirt motherfucker.
I still wonder what both him and Annie know\think of Eliza.

Beowulf in Morocco. Sounds like a badass idea for a spy movie.

Woop woop, let's learn about religions today.
So, in Indonesia, saying Insha-Allah means that you probably, or most likely will do what you have said, as it is counted as a promise to God himself.
Or it can also be used as a reassurance to other people, E.X: "Insha-Allah, The weather will be fine in a few hours."
Beowulf in Morocco. Sounds like a badass idea for a spy movie.
Wulfenstein. Never forget that shit that people started literally a year ago.
Socially awkward woof sound hilarious and fits the librarian fancanon, but I'm with North here, he seems like a confident flirt flirt motherfucker.
I still wonder what both him and Annie know/think of Eliza.
Probably Magma's opinion (Condescending ***** that doesn't know about waifus and all she does is Kill, Kill la Kill).
Jokes aside, we need to hear Beo's voice tone first just to know what his personality will be like. Kai, I'm nudging you.

Reactions: Magma442
Woop woop, let's learn about religions today.
So, in Indonesia, saying Insha-Allah means that you probably, or most likely will do what you have said, as it is counted as a promise to God himself.
Or it can also be used as a reassurance to other people, E.X: "Insha-Allah, The weather will be fine in a few hours."
Wulfenstein. Never forget that shit that people started literally a year ago. Probably Magma's opinion (Condescending ***** that doesn't know about waifus and all she does is Kill, Kill la Kill). Jokes aside, we need to hear Beo's voice tone first just to know what his personality will be like. Kai, I'm nudging you.
I don't think it's like, "I swear to God," like a vow, but rather, roughly equivalent to the non-religious phrase, "if we're lucky."
I don't really think Beowulf could be socially awkward. I think he has normal potential to be the regular kind of awkward (given a sufficiently strange or uncomfortable situation), but he engages people earnestly and energetically whether he knows them or not. It's possible he may have been awkward as a teenager, though :P

To me it's basically "I hope this happens but it's actually up to Allah if it'll happen or not"

Seems like we get a possible glimpse of Beo's youth.

I'd imagine more beowulf sees the entire world as a ring so he keeps up his wrestiling personality this could lead him to not grasp the seriousness of a situation or what he's getting himself into. Beowulf could be blinded by his ego and could be in way over his head resulting in somthing that could get him killed or end up having to do somthing he regrets. Wait this sounds familiar....

Probably Magma's opinion (Condescending ***** that doesn't know about waifus and all she does is Kill, Kill la Kill).

And that's just my opinion of Annie. Wait till you hear my opinion of Eliza.

snip
PM Me about that. I want to listen to your blabber about Eliza.
So, there's a Beominati here, and this is based by theories of others.
Cerebella is a fan of Beowulf.
Parasoul had known Beowulf for sometime and he actually played a role in the Grand War.
Valentine... flirty flirty flirt.

Okay guys this is totally shaping up to be the greatest discovery of all time, we have three girls that is actually related to Beowulf :PUN:
Kai can now sit on his chair and laugh like Mr. Burns as he watches us theorize these people. Nebuh Foghet, Wulf Pack.

Nah, I don't expect (nor want) to see any romance in Skullgirls unless it's a married couple like the possible Mr and Mrs Victoria (refer to The Emperor's New Groove). If anything I want his relationships with the rest of the playable cast platonic.

so guys today is the day we (might?) hear Beowulf's voice. Remember what will happen if we don't hear his voice. We riot!!

Yeah, riots are fun

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give BEO VOICE ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

yeah, lets break things

But we ARE mortals?!?!

Reactions: Aura
Good point.

Reactions: Magma442