• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Beowulf SPOILERS - Beowulf Story Mode and Other Lore

I JUST missed Salty, goddammit now I have to wait until youtube uploads...

THE VOICE OF A WRASSLING ANGEL HAS BEFALLEN US! :D

I JUST missed Salty, goddammit now I have to wait until youtube uploads...
Well people are gonna play with Beo so you can still hear him.

Aww,you lucky scumbags.I can't use twitch or watch streams,so I have to wait until it's posted here or Youtube.

Are there any lines you can hear from the stream?

When he's against Parasoul, he says "I'm the real ...."

Fill in the blank for me, please.

I can't tell you how much I hate you guys right now.
Is the answer "deal"?

I don't think so. It's more than 1 syllable.

I AM A REAL CANOPIAN!
Possible explanations:
  • He's an illegal immigrant
  • He's an immigrant since he's a little kid
  • Both
Can't wait until there are more lines!

What if the "Who Am I" song from Night Phyre's playlist is Beo wondering about his nationality and heritage?

Reactions: Shockdingo
Aw man there goes my wishful thinking.

What other lines are there? Something that involves the "Aroo Train" and "The Wulf is back at <insert name of Stage here>"

Wulf pack. The wait is done

There's still implementation into the beta and his STORY MODE don't forget about that.

I kinda hope that there will be some Beowulf literature reference in his lines but I kinda doubt it as well.

Screw that I totally want more pop culture references
I think most of the literature refs are on the moves

wow. The dude playing as beowulf is on a losing streak like crazy!!

Last edited:
Video starts with awful chair puns and a gratuitous shot of Cerebella's underwear, A+ editing Cellsai.
I'm just kidding, thanks for this.

Last edited:
Video starts with awful chair puns and a gratuitous shot of Cerebella's underwear, A+ editing Cellsai.

You say this lie its a bad thing.

Anyone else notice the call outs to Umbrella and Marie? Methinks there may be two more secret characters in the works if Cranium Dames gets more funding.

Also, I'm proud of the voice work. Nicely done, Kai.

Anyone else notice the call outs to Umbrella and Marie? Methinks there may be two more secret characters in the works if Cranium Dames gets more funding.

@Night Phyre please confirm

@Night Phyre please confirm
This is more contingency stuff than a clue to secret plans. It's common knowledge that Lab Zero would keep working on the game given the opportunity, and a playable Marie/Umbrella are among the first characters they'd do (for story reasons), so they had me and the others record those call-outs in the event that they got outside financing to continue working on the game. Basically, it only takes me a minute to record the call-outs, but could potentially save them flying me back out to LA for just those lines.

And thank you. I'm glad you're enjoying his lines :)

You guys got in "Crry for tha mooooooooooooooooooooon!" This is seriously the best game ever.

I freakin' love all the quips, peeks into Wulf's personality, and the power in your voice, Night Phyre, well done and worth the wait!

Reactions: Denizen
An interesting gem from the Skullgirls Lore Speculation thread:

Given Beowulf's new line vs. Peacock and adding it with Peacock's own winquote vs. him, I think it's safe to say that the "real vs. fake" stigma of professional wrestling is reversed in SG's universe

Everyone in the know has to say it's fake to keep kids <and executives of tv/other sports> placated, but in reality, it's SUPER REAL AND SUPER HARDCORE

I also have yet another weird idea about Beo's Story Mode: It might be that Beowulf is a descendant of a tribe (or kingdom?) akin to the Geats in the poem that are involved with the Skullheart. That group where Beowulf is from hailed from what is now No Man's Land (maybe as a prince, maybe not). Beowulf's parents probably moved to the Canopy Kingdom and had Beowulf, OR that Beowulf moved to the Canopy Kingdom when he's young. Beowulf's ancestors are known to have a passion in fighting and killing, and that was brought into Beowulf as he got too carried away in his supposedly "fake-looking" wrestling.

He tried to resist his family tradition of fight-loving but failed and decided to fight whoever he meets to try to convince them that the wrestling is "fake". Considered barbaric like his ancestors, he was chased by the government lead by Parasoul for unnecessary violence.

There's another weird possibility that Beowulf is some bio-engineered human being/clone/meat-robot with the perception that fighting and violence is just a game.

Lastly, notice how Beowulf calls Marie in two ways, one is energetic but the other one sounds rather weak. I wonder why? This might have to do with the ending. I figure that Beowulf would die and end up being a servant of Marie, turning into a Skull Crony.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shockdingo