• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Beowulf SPOILERS - Beowulf Story Mode and Other Lore

They're too scared to admit the cute chubby girl is cute huh? Guess that's their problem.

Honestly I think Filia is hot, and her chubby belly, chubby thighs, and umm... large posterior makes her way better overall.

"Y... You are too... fat for me. Baka!"

Grendel wasn't the only person he fought, remember that.
Throughout his entire career he was undefeated.
O RLY?

I suppose that is impressive. I think something just felt...off about his characterization. Like, I feel like someone with that amount of experience wouldn't have gotten to where he is and still be that much of an airhead. It's possible, but I think that was the current running in the back of my mind as I was playing his story.

Also, if anyone can point me in the direction of where Japanese skullpeoples gather, I can check to see what they're generally saying.

Edit: Also also, it looks like for the main Skullgirls site, Beowulf is not a selectable option on Filia's, Peacock's, or Parasoul's pages. I dunno who maintains the site, but...I'mma tag @Mike_Z since he knows and can fix everything. EVERYTHING.

Last edited:
Reactions: evacino
She's anything you want her to be~
Only if you're the current skullgirl tho.

just make a filia lovers anonymous thread
How about Double stomach/digestion path party

I'm down

"Accept no imitation" -Cerebella
"You can fake style but you can't fake soul" -Big band
"An imposter enters the ring!? The crowd gasps."-Beowulf.

"Accept no imitation" -Cerebella
"You can fake style but you can't fake soul" -Big band
"An imposter enters the ring!? The crowd gasps."-Beowulf.

Anything, huh? What about everything?

maxresdefault.jpg

Does that mean Eliza owns Gehenna? If so she can keep it.

Does that mean Eliza owns Gehenna? If so she can keep it.

Well, she did kind of pack it up and use it to redecorate her bath. Or is it more like restocking her pantry?

So Beowulf is 37. Ten years older than Valentine. It is said the Grand War lasted about a decade. It ended with the defeat of Skullgirl Nancy Renoir. So Beowulf fits into the timeline:

-7 years Grand War ends in giant battle between Skullgirl and 3 armies (Beowulf = 30)
-14 years Skullgirl Selene Contiello goes on a rampage (Beowulf = 23)
-17 years Grand War begins? (Beowulf = 20)

So if Valentine is a Grand War veteran, then she was on the battlefield as a teenager (she's 10 when it starts and 20 when it ends)!

When would y'all place the Beowulf vs. Grendel match?

Yet we got a lot of Ancient Egypt references from Eliza yet very little Viking references from Beowulf.

And it's not like Eliza's name is Cleopatra either.

Sorry I just brought this up. I was sleeping.

The key difference being Eliza IS from Ancient Egypt (or the Skullgirls universe equivalent).

Speaking of cultural inspiration, is there an Old English epic poem about a monster-slaying Scandinavian hero in the Skullgirls universe? Perhaps, but if so, literary scholars would have freaked to see real life events, like that fateful wrestling match, coincide with the Beowulf poem.

So if Valentine is a Grand War veteran, then she was on the battlefield as a teenager (she's 10 when it starts and 20 when it ends)!
She only said she lived that war, she could have been a victim of it.
But yeah it's not unheard of for teenagers to join in on the fighting.
When would y'all place the Beowulf vs. Grendel match?
I'd place it at -12 Years, halfway through seems like an appropriate time for Canopian citizens to lose morale.

Beowulf's character arc in this story mode is fairly simple, but I feel like some people still aren't getting it.

Story starts > "Beowulf's such a strong guy, he took out Grendel wowee!"
Twist is introduced > "What? Beowulf's a fraud? That sucks, I guess he isn't who we thought he was."
Beowulf beats Grendel/Marie > "He's not a fraud! He had it in him all along!"

This is a really common arc for a disgraced hero, and it was quite plainspoken here. I'm frankly surprised at how many people are getting hung up on the various pre-climax plot points. I'd hate to watch an inspirational sports movie with some of you :P

Can we take the time to point out Beowulf's measurements
he's 55-38-42 and 6'7''

Dude would be massive if he were a real person

Can we take the time to point out Beowulf's measurements
he's 55-38-42
I actually have no idea what those numbers refer to.

I feel that skullgirls could have been rated M. Remember that time mike said there would be strippers and shit in beos story?

Reactions: Kuzlalala
I actually have no idea what those numbers refer to.

that's chest-waist-hips, kinda like everyone else

Damn man its getting to the point where like.. i don't know if mike is ever joking about something or not :^)

I am deeply confused..........

I've lost track of this thread's current topic for the 4th time.

I've lost track of this thread's current topic for the 4th time.

I think this thread's talking about Beo's manly measurements and the confusion a bunch of Lovecraft/sci fans have at a sudden action hero redemption story. (There's nothing wrong with this, and it's still a good story mode. I imagine there was similar confusion when Big Band was released and people expecting Robocop got Detective Soul instead.)

To compensate, it seems we're talking about Beo's story mode in the Eliza story thread. :P

Reactions: evacino and Denizen
It.....made sense.....till you....what??

It.....made sense.....till you....what??

Well, Gehenna's a bit of a sticky situation. It seems to have become an underlying topic for multiple plot threads.

Reactions: evacino and Kai