• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Beowulf SPOILERS - Beowulf Story Mode and Other Lore

They call Filia pig chan, and not out of affection.
Yo, I have a japanese friend who is my only regular sparring partner.
One day he literally says to me out of the blue, "Do you know what we call Filia in Japan?"
Of course I say yes, he responds, "We call her Buta, which means pig"
Of course I'm paraphrasing here, but when he said it it was FULL OF AFFECTION AND LOVE FOR HIS WAIFU.
Either that or it's because I spent 6 months conditioning him to use huge amounts of smileys and cat faces.
YUKI-SENPAI IF YOU SEE THIS I'M SORRY

Reactions: evacino
If you know the ship is veering off-course, then maybe we should steer it away from smashing into the iceberg?
(^_-)≡★ The Japanese appraisal of Skullgirls in general is certainly fascinating, but perhaps it should be in its own thread? What they think of Beowulf is fine, but everything else...

Annie can't break kayfabe so all she can drink is cream soda and apple juice.

You're right, but it isn't kayfabe (a word I had to look up, meaning the portrayal of staged events as real/true)!

Annie's curse of being "forever a child" as her parents wished upon the Skull Heart for prohibits her from swearing, smoking, drinking, and other adult actions. The canon info thread only specifies she's "physically not able to swear due to her condition," but I assume if something arbitrary as cursing is a rule, then why not "adult beverages" like alcohol?

As for the story, when Grendel's arm first slaps Beowulf, who do you think is the cause?
A. Grendel. The Gigan's soul still dwells in the arm and wants Beowulf to embark on a quest for the truth.
B. No one. Like a frog leg kicking from a spark to the nerves, the arm reacts to the Skullgirl's power. I'm leaning towards this one
C. Skullgirl Marie. Her awareness pouring over New Meridian like a colorless fog, she tests her new powers, trying to use sign-language to ask "can I have an autograph for my friend? Make it out to 'Patricia'?"​

Cerebella prevented another Skullgirl-Chan
Cerebella true hero-Chan

Ok I had my fun let's get back to talking about Beowulf. As much as I would want it this is not a Cerebella thread or Waifu Wars thread.

Cerebella killed an immortal who could potentially prevent multiple skullgirls through the course of history-chan.
Cerebella true villian-chan.
Ok I had my fun let's get back to talking about Beowulf.
Couldn't you have, I don't know, said that 25 pages ago.

This was about story disscusions? I thought this was about Japan's shit taste in waifus and husbandos.
Still can't get over that Japan doesn't like Cerebella because she's too 'murican?

I can actually picture Cerebella in her America palette swap doing the lml attack while screaming "'MURICA! FUCK YEAH!"

On the subject of Annie not drinking or smoking she probably can smoke and drink but chooses not to because:

1. Who would sell beer to a child
  2. If she was caught smoking and drinking it would ruin her career and Annie of the stars in general. Like Beowulf should would want to keep a positive image for the kids.

I can actually picture Cerebella in her America palette swap doing the lml attack while screaming "'MURICA! FUCK YEAH!"
You know what I can't picture?
Actual story discussion.

IT"S FUN AND ALL BUT I WAN'T TO TALK ABOUT ANNIE'S BEOWULF'S STORY

Couldn't you have, I don't know, said that 25 pages ago.
Nah I had so much material to work with

Still can't get over that Japan doesn't like Cerebella because she's too 'murican?

This made me smile way too much.

Marie > Peacock > Valentine > Ms. Fortune > Painwheel > Filia > Double > Parasoul > Cerebella

Overall people really wanted Marie the absolute most, followed by Annie and then Minette. Some people also hoped Stanley would make it higher.
I dunno about you guys, but It looks like Japan has some really good taste.

Last edited:
Japan wouldn't know a good girl if she fell from the sky.

Peacock orginal names for her bombs were Little boy and the Fatman. Clearly Japan doesn't know what's up and who the true best girl is. And that is:

Cerebella

Now could we please try to get on track if we want to continue this lets make a Japan vs Good waifu thread.

Japan wouldn't know a good girl if it fell from the sky.
They often do that, though.
06288.jpg

But more seriously, Cerebella has this kind of bold and brash mentality that isn't that supported within Japanese culture, and the lack of the wrestling background that we have Stateside probably made Beowulf a less interesting character by less relatability.

Last edited:
But they aren't the current canon names :^)
Plus, cerebella is the original waifu killer ^^
But Double killed all the waifus in her story mode.

Double didn't kill them.
Double BECAME all of them.
Thus Double is best waifu.
Next to Annie.
Double did consume them so yeah, they ded, and she could become whatever she wanted before, so yeah, she's the best waifu behind Annie AND Ms. Fortune.

The worst is Eliza. We can all agree on that. ;~; never forget.

So Beowulf....

I don't want to sound like a backseat mod or anything, (considering I did an off topic post and all, I feel like a hypocrite)
but this thread really needs to get back on track. Totally Derailed, Eliza wasn't even in Beowulfs story.

Reactions: evacino and Fumako
Ye, except we've talked about almost everything in his story mode, except that he used to lose his nose when he was the Big Bad Wulf in Annie's show for some reason.

Double did consume them so yeah, they ded, and she could become whatever she wanted before, so yeah, she's the best waifu behind Annie AND Ms. Fortune.

Double is a great waifu behind Annie and Fortune And Cerebella.

Then make a new thread to discuss "Nippons View on Skullgirls" then. This is for story discussion.

Big Bad Wulf in Annie's show for some reason.
It was a subliminal message.
At first, during the war, he was seen as a hero. But as the years went by people realised. The first of these realisations was clearly expressed in that Annie episode.
Or I'm reading too deeply into something that was meant to be a quick laugh, what do I know. *grumble*

But Double killed all the waifus in her story mode.
Double was the designated troll, so it was OK. Also Double JUST got a very funny personality (back on topic for Beo story mode.)

Anyone else notice that Double seemed to be toying with Beo more than the other characters? She was like "Hey why don't just calm down there? I don't wanna hurt you . . . that much."

And that cutscene art indicates she may have a bit of a liking for guys with muscles.

So yes, BeoxDubs is totally real.

Let's just hope R. Fortune's story has Beo in it so he can get a little more char development, tho it still kinda impress me that Double DID see Beo's potential as a fighter, and thus used him to get rid of some obstacles for the skullgirl, the Beo vs Beo fight was beyond out of place, why would Double try to demoralize him when he was doing such a good work for her?

why would Double try to demoralize him when he was doing such a good work for her?
> Demoralize beo by mentioning that the past was a fraud
> Beo tries to redeem himself by fighting the skullgirl
> If beo wins the not-really-very-suitable skullgirl is outta the picture, if Marie wins that's another potentially high-risk threat gone.

Aye, also another thing that goes past me, who was Big Band refering to when he said "They've got to Avians!" The Medicis? no way, why would they have a bone to pick with someone who is also trying to stop the skullgir? To Valentine? but Beo did take care of her and Avian was clearly alive in the ending, to Double? how did Big Band knew about Double's plan? and apparently Lelouch and Stanley didn't let Double deal with Avian at all.

> If beo wins the not-really-very-suitable skullgirl is outta the picture, if Marie wins that's another potentially high-risk threat gone.

But wouldn't that mean Double would have to wait another 7 years for the next skullgirl? unless she wanted Beo to destroy her without destroying the skullheart so that she can find a new candidate right away, and for her reaction towards Beo and the fact she took him to Gehenna, having Beo fight the skullgirl was not part of her plan.

Aye, also another thing that goes past me, who was Big Band refering to when he said "They've got to Avians!" The Medicis? no way, why would they have a bone to pick with someone who is also trying to stop the skullgir? To Valentine? but Beo did take care of her and Avian was clearly alive in the ending, to Double? how did Big Band knew about Double's plan? and apparently Lelouch and Stanley didn't let Double deal with Avian at all.

I think this was a generic "the enemy" or "the suspect"- in Big Band's story mode, he didn't know who attacked until after doing detective work on the scene of the crime. Detective Sax was still, uh, detecting.

RE AnnieLush: Maybe Annie pretends to be Catholic-equivalent so she can drink wine? "Oh, yes, and I totally need a shot of tequila so I can keep my singing voice. Woo-hoo musical episodes are the best I love you guys!"

Also, I'm still confused by Beowulf's champion costume at the end. I've tried searching "Goku lvl 3" outfits, but they don't look very similar... unless I'm missing something?

I mean, okay, I'm missing lots of things. Pens and wrestling references, mostly.

Also, I'm still confused by Beowulf's champion costume at the end. I've tried searching "Goku lvl 3" outfits, but they don't look very similar... unless I'm missing something?
Kill la Kill, my friend.
It's a 3 Star Goku Uniform/Outfit.

There's absolutely nothing stopping Annie from drinking in private, though.

She's by no means an alcoholic, I'm sure, but she definitely has a drink from time to time.

There's absolutely nothing stopping Annie from drinking in private, though.

She's by no means an alcoholic, I'm sure, but she definitely has a drink from time to time.

Private or not there is paparazzi. They would probably stop at nothing to get a story of a child actor drinking.

Reactions: Burruni
Private or not there is paparazzi. They would probably stop at nothing to get a story of a child actor drinking.
If Double didn't see her coming not once but twice then i'm sure she can sneak past any paparazzi and find a quiet place to drink.

Annie's drinking hideout.

She also probably hides it in apple juice boxes or somethin'.

Reactions: evacino and Denizen
Kill la Kill, my friend.
It's a 3 Star Goku Uniform/Outfit.

Um... I guess Google's just not being friendly today?

Is this
latest
Supposed to look like this?
matoi_ryuko___kamui_senketsu_by_dmpicsinc-d6x2503.png
Or this?
kill-la-kill-houka-inumuta-cosplay-costume-1.jpg
I mean... I can kind of see the stars, but...?

Could someone find a better reference? My, uh, lack of anime is showing. Thanks!