• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Beowulf SPOILERS - Beowulf Story Mode and Other Lore

More like
OP2_Ira_Mk2.jpg

Annie's drinking hideout.

She also probably hides it in apple juice boxes or somethin'.
I wonder if she will now take Beo out for a drink from time to time, and the juice boxes would actually deceive Beo, he'd be like

"hehe, must suck to be so small that you can't drink anything with alcohol in it"

Then Annie while still sipping from the juice box gives him a blank look while thinking: "........he must never know....*sip*"

More like...

Ah, I can that better now. Thanks!

I would only change two things about Beowulf's story mode, and they're purely aesthetic details.

1. In the final battle against the Skull Heart I think that big blue golem thing with Grendel's arm should have looked more like a Gigan, to really drive the point home that this was Beowulf's proper rematch with Grendel.

2. In the epilogue I loved Beowulf's new outfit, but I also think Annie's outfit should have changed more to match Beowulf's change in character. Maybe Annie becomes more bad-ass and wolf like, and the show announces that they're gonna start aiming at an older teenaged audience.

It's not usually a smart move to make a demographic change.

Beowulf will just be used to draw in a broader audience.

I would only change two things about Beowulf's story mode, and they're purely aesthetic details.

1. In the final battle against the Skull Heart I think that big blue golem thing with Grendel's arm should have looked more like a Gigan, to really drive the point home that this was Beowulf's proper rematch with Grendel.

2. In the epilogue I loved Beowulf's new outfit, but I also think Annie's outfit should have changed more to match Beowulf's change in character. Maybe Annie becomes more bad-ass and wolf like, and the show announces that they're gonna start aiming at an older teenaged audience.

I agree with the first one but I'm already in love with the fact Beowulf is now an actor for kids. I feel like the costume fits with the style of Annie and it fits his character more for it to still be aimed towards kids.

So do I but

Who says it's gotta be on-set

They often do that, though.
06288.jpg

But more seriously, Cerebella has this kind of bold and brash mentality that isn't that supported within Japanese culture, and the lack of the wrestling background that we have Stateside probably made Beowulf a less interesting character by less relatability.
Lack of wrestling background in state side?

Ummm...Hulk Hogan and Hulkamania?
majorgalaxy and Magma442 be like:
View attachment 9369

But I agree with BallotBoxer that this topic should go in its own thread if it carries on.
I actually dont have a waifu, dont really think much of that waifu non sense.

But if I did have a Skullgirls waifu it probably be Squigly, and her huge butt.

Lack of wrestling background in state side?

Ummm...Hulk Hogan and Hulkamania?
I meant that Japan lacks what we have in that department.

Reactions: evacino
I meant that Japan lacks what we have in that department.
Oh I see gotcha.

When's Beowulf's Hulk Hogan and Triple H colors?

I wanna know what kind of movies Beowulf acted in. Whatever they were, they can't be any worse than Santa With Muscles or The Tooth Fairy.

Beowulf should lead a team of athlete superheroes in that outfit.

Or just continue being awesome...

THAT REMINDS ME! Do we have any other sports in SG? I assume racing given one of the Lenny Bomb-types, and wrestling obviously, but are there others? I guess maybe fencing given Parasoul's ending?

- Peacock's uses a baseball bat in her snapback, referring to a popular sport of hitting people balls with a stick.
- Fortune's snapback animation and quote suggests the existence of golf, while her air head throw animation and quote - of volleyball.

Whether said moves are meant to be proof of these existing in the SG universe or just non-committal nods to real life sports is anyone's guess.

When's Beo's Annie palette swap?
If you wanna be technical, his 7th palette is his Annie show getup.

Speaking of Beowulf's TV costume, I can see why people are comparing it to Kill la Kill goku uniforms, but I think it is vaguely in the style of Japanese TV show tokusatsu superheroes like Kamen Rider. Shadowgeist and Skullomania from Street Fighter EX2 also share this bold, colorful, and somewhat campy aesthetic.

If you wanna be technical, his 7th palette is his Annie show getup.
But i want him to have the actual green hair, eye patch, and overall Annie colors, so that we can have a full team of 3 using Annie's colors:

Parasoul's seriousness and efficacy.
Peacock's cuteness and tricks.
Beowulf's overall raw power and the hurting as a weapon.

You can't get any closer to have the real Annie as playable than this.

But i want him to have the actual green hair, eye patch, and overall Annie colors, so that we can have a full team of 3 using Annie's colors:

Parasoul's seriousness and efficacy.
Peacock's cuteness and tricks.
Beowulf's overall raw power and the hurting as a weapon.

You can't get any closer to have the real Annie as playable than this.

Erm, Bella has the Annie palette, too. And overall raw power. And TWO big beefy arms of pain!

Erm, Bella has the Annie palette, too. And overall raw power. And TWO big beefy arms of pain!
Well, then we're set.

I wonder if Bella is an Annie fan because Beowulf is part of the show

I wonder if Bella is an Annie fan because Beowulf is part of the show

I would assume so.

Can I please take a minute to say how awesome Beowulf looks when he's clean shaven.

I'd say Bella mostly cares about his fighting career than his paper in the Annie show, or maybe that is until now that he has a better role to play in said show.

Pretty sure Cere's Annie palette was from an IGG backer, so whether she likes Annie's show or not was kinda irrelevant
I forgot it was from an IGG backer.
Seems like an odd choice to pick Bella, unless that's the only choice they had among the characters they use.

If only more backers had voted for Annie, then we could've had the real thing.

That's right.

Annie is all we need.