• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

squigly should start the round with charge

this is a good idea

• Total voters

akindhobo

derp
Reaction score
Steam
a_kind_hobo
Squigly Eliza
it would be nice
also drag n bite should have some invincible frames like hornet bomber it would be fair
<sarcasm> i know how to better balance the game than mike z </sarcasm>

Reactions: Kongk4 and Arcana
starting with....charge.....would actually be cool. cause i mean.... you pretty much have to prep to charge so that it preps for seria combos.....like...wtf.....

some matchups can be easier if we start with charge from the start.

I think this change would be slightly too good for teams, both that have her as an assist and on point. I think this change would be a lot better if this only applied to solo Squigs, since some players I've heard said that she's one of the weakest to run solo anyway.

I think this change would be slightly too good for teams, both that have her as an assist and on point. I think this change would be a lot better if this only applied to solo Squigs, since some players I've heard said that she's one of the weakest to run solo anyway.
Tell that to w.e team runs hornet bomber with val on point against squigs cause that's awesome right?

like what could make her too good if its for teams? seria cancels, sing and sbo. that's all you can really use at neutral minus cancels

Don't know about beginning with charge, though I always thought it would be cool if you could choose charged seria attacks as an assist. It would make some of the seria attacks viable as assists (tremelo, one inch punch). Her most common seria assists (Silver chord and drag n bite) don't really get much better as a charged assist (chord reaches longer, drag n bite does more damage).

Nope. She's fine as she is, even if she's relatively weak as a solo.

Reactions: GrunkleBarlowe
Every match would start with Sing, followed by a confirm into super or a really good mixup.

No. No.
No. No.
No. No.

Like, seriously, no.

How would you even be able to create space?

Every match with Squigs would be A.B.A. vs. O.S. levels of stupid in you faceness.

It's a terrible idea.

How would you like it if Fortune started the round off with her head near you?

Let's have PW start off in H.I.?

Put Catheads back to 1 meter.

Wouldn't be nearly as annoying or powerful as those. However I agree it isn't a good idea. What about charged assists though? Anybody?

Tell that to w.e team runs hornet bomber with val on point against squigs cause that's awesome right?

like what could make her too good if its for teams? seria cancels, sing and sbo. that's all you can really use at neutral minus cancels
When I at first said "slightly" I meant "not a complete bad idea, but still a bad idea," but after some thought and one comment on this thread, this turned into a garbage idea. The problem with being on teams is a few important things:

1. If she was on point, she would have a (near) guaranteed unblockable super at the start of the round and would STILL have the option of doing seria cancels.

2. If she was playing 2nd base (like most players like to place her at), all they need to just do is one small DHC set-up into sliver cord and then you'll be eating a seria cancel combo in no time.

3. Rounds can be finished in no time and one of the main points of Squigs is to find a chance to charge her up to be good. If she was to start off with both charges, that limit of hers pretty much becomes nonexistent.

If Mike were to program it to where you have only ONE free charge at the start (as in: If you use either one of the punch or kick moves, or start charging one of them anyway, you'll lose that free charge). That would remove the problem of #2, semi #3, and half of #1, since she would still have that unblockable super.

Yeah those two characters can be salt inducing, but as the one of the vote options says... "gitgood."

When I at first said "slightly" I meant "not a complete bad idea, but still a bad idea," but after some thought and one comment on this thread, this turned into a garbage idea. The problem with being on teams is a few important things:

1. If she was on point, she would have a (near) guaranteed unblockable super at the start of the round and would STILL have the option of doing seria cancels.

2. If she was playing 2nd base (like most players like to place her at), all they need to just do is one small DHC set-up into sliver cord and then you'll be eating a seria cancel combo in no time.

3. Rounds can be finished in no time and one of the main points of Squigs is to find a chance to charge her up to be good. If she was to start off with both charges, that limit of hers pretty much becomes nonexistent.

If Mike were to program it to where you have only ONE free charge at the start (as in: If you use either one of the punch or kick moves, or start charging one of them anyway, you'll lose that free charge). That would remove the problem of #2, semi #3, and half of #1, since she would still have that unblockable super.

Yeah those two characters can be salt inducing, but as the one of the vote options says... "gitgood."
not sure about the unblockable super. like whats the start up? cause you should be able to block if you hold back

not sure about the unblockable super. like whats the start up? cause you should be able to block if you hold back
Charged sing + super is part of the 8 frame-up close-unblockable supers. Hard to say if the character will count as being able to block it if the player holds back before the round starts, 'cause it could possibly work just differently enough to point that it doesn't.

If it turns out to be frame perfect or something (like Squigs non-charged 236.Lk into c.Lk), at least that will mean you'll get to enjoy watching Squig players mashing it out at the start of almost every match. lol

I never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever have a problem getting a charge.

Remember, a partial charge still goes toward your charge. You can get partial charges while assists hit or after Silver Chord. That, or just hit confirm into a combo ending in Silver Chord -> Liver Mortis sliding knockdown and take your time. Getting hit while charging lets you keep what you've charged as long as you didn't try to do the move.

You can also get a full charge after a Daisy Pusher and still manage to hit afterwards.

Wouldn't be nearly as annoying or powerful as those. However I agree it isn't a good idea. What about charged assists though? Anybody?
How does any team or character create space at the start of a game?

It takes the dynamic 20 option game that is the opening of Skullgirls to "You either do a preemptive attack to put the Squigly on notice or you block".

Squigs has a good neutral game, giving her a charge at the start would just stomp on everyone else's starting game options.

I mean, you CAN already do double butt charge and damn near get a full charge.

Charged assists would mean you'd have to give characters like Bella, Fortune and Peacock their dumb multi button stuff.

It's not a change, but an outright buff.

Full charged Tremelo would be stupid, same with LK option, the hitstop on sing, invincibility on DnB, and isn't full Mortis safe on block, or at least a pain to punish?

It would be a cool but useless option to allow Squigs to do QCB two punches or kicks to have an charge assist.

By the 4th or 5th call, she'd have full charge for when she comes in.

Last edited:
Charged stance assists huh
What if it behaved like fortunes head roll, where every other time you called assist it would fully charge, and the next time it would use the charged special

On a less gamechanging subject, Squigly should be able to hold or cancel a stance special after alpha countering into it (She can't right now)

tbh, I feel like having her fully charged would be a taunt thing, like Guitarlex said, a thing about Squigly is managing her charges.

tbh, the biggest change I want with Squigly is her first hit of s.mp vaccums people in like it does in air.

Street_Fighter_Hakan4.jpg

I was told, but havn't looked into; Didn't Hakan (SSF4) start the round without being oiled and was updated to start with oil? Wouldn't that situation apply to the suggestion?

Last edited:
The gulf between Hakan and Street Fighter's top tiers is MUCH wider than the line between Squigly and whatever Skullgirls's top tiers are. Those two aren't exactly comparable.

Reactions: Kongk4
You can also get a full charge after a Daisy Pusher and still manage to hit afterwards.
Seriously?! *Goes off to test that*

I was told, but havn't looked into; Didn't Hakan (SSF4) start the round without being oiled and was updated to start with oil? Wouldn't that situation apply to the suggestion?
No, not quite the same. Having a stance charge makes essentially every one of your normals on the ground safe on block. Additionally, which charge would it be? Both charges? Because even moreso no.

Dragon also gives Squigly two reversals AND unjumpable Daisy. And 7-hit Drag'n'Bite assist.

Just no. It's nothing like Hakan's oil.

No, not quite the same. Having a stance charge makes essentially every one of your normals on the ground safe on block. Additionally, which charge would it be? Both charges? Because even moreso no.

Dragon also gives Squigly two reversals AND unjumpable Daisy. And 7-hit Drag'n'Bite assist.

Just no. It's nothing like Hakan's oil.
Wait, you can't stancel if your opponent blocks?

What?
Y'know, when you overhead and the opponent blocks so you stancel into a low back into overhead over and over again?

Or how you stancel with Seria charge on block and jump?

What?
The shortcut input is only on hit, but nothing's stopping you from doing qcf stancels.

Last edited:
RIP autocorrect.

Okay, I'm really confused. As of my knowledge, if you hit someone and they block, you are not able to stancel into another move or in general

If squigs gets charged assists then painwheel should as well if for no other reason than the hilarity that will ensue from peacock with lvl3 charged hp stinger assist.

Reactions: Tomo009
Okay, I'm really confused. As of my knowledge, if you hit someone and they block, you are not able to stancel into another move or in general
There are several ways to stance cancel:

a) qcf+hold button, tap another button
b) hold a button, qcf+desired stance button
c) qcf+two buttons, preferably both the same type
d) two buttons of the same type after a normal connects

All except d) can be done on block, because stance is a special move, so doing the actual stance move will cancel normals.

Something else to note... all except a) cancel in the first possible frame, without needing to time it.

Reactions: blufang and iLoli
I've never done D.
I know it exists, but why, why would I even bother, my hands are used to C.

I've never done D.
I know it exists, but why, why would I even bother, my hands are used to C.
b) and c) are better because they do the earliest stancel on hit or block.

So you've not been doing the "Overhead into assist call into Cremation into throw/feint into more shit until your opponent finally presses a button" mixup?

Just do forward fierce and if they block it stancel assist call low stancel high or throw.