• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Squigly Tech Thread: Small/Big Tips & Strategy YOU Notice? (NEW THREAD)

Colossi, I'm totally stealing these.

I should stop going to the lab

You all probably know but Sweep actually does more 100 more damage than liver mortis...! It also give you a better knock down after silver chord at full undizzy even if you've used your otg. I've found that mortis after chord isn't really a burst bait if they stagger shake and I've been alpha countered out of it as a burst bait before. You can use sweep for the same safer effect and more damage, there's really no reason to use mortis for a knockdown. Its amazing really squigly can get a knock down from every where.

You all probably know but Sweep actually does more 100 more damage than liver mortis...! It also give you a better knock down after silver chord at full undizzy even if you've used your otg. I've found that mortis after chord isn't really a burst bait if they stagger shake and I've been alpha countered out of it as a burst bait before. You can use sweep for the same safer effect and more damage, there's really no reason to use mortis for a knockdown. Its amazing really squigly can get a knock down from every where.

Only problem is , they can tech after the sweep.

If they tech don't they trigger the burst? I may have missed something then.

you can late tech any "instantly techable" (I forget the bounce color) KD that triggers IPS. The training dummy won't but a player can.

Yea a really long time ago it used to be impossible to tech without triggering the burst , but mike z fixed it so people who are mashing get burst , but you can still do a late tech.

Yea a really long time ago it used to be impossible to tech without triggering the burst , but mike z fixed it so people who are mashing get burst , but you can still do a late tech.

ahh ok. thanks for the heads up.

Works on everyone except Band, Double, Eliza and Beo. Do with it what you will.
Does this beat falling jabs? Looks like it might beat falling jabs.

Does this beat falling jabs? Looks like it might beat falling jabs.

Depends on the jab. I've lost to Fortune and Fukua's jab before. The alternative is to do the dash-under then c.lk. You can low profile any falling move if you time it right.

Overhead with j.5HP during air string

pretty sure that works on everyone, but it's usually the most American of resets. If you look carefully in a real match, Leviathan has a baseball bat and some apple pie.

Question question: Which specials bulid more meter as Squigly? is there some way to optimize meter building in a combo?

Question question: Which specials bulid more meter as Squigly? is there some way to optimize meter building in a combo?

I feel like the best way to optimize your meter game is to do s.HP stancel loops and then reset before you go to the rest of the combo because all of those mutli-hitting air moves build a shit ton of meter for your opponent and not much for you.

Not online, man!

Every bnb I use has to be tailor made to work onine, and I'm sure as hell not losing matches because I want to hit a 2-frame(?) link online.

I have a harder time hitting that link on PS3 than online.

The hardest link for me is f.Hp, cr.lk which I really should learn as it actually adds a lot of damage I think.

it should be no harder than stancelling sHP into cLK, which is actually still fairly hard. 4 frame link i think?

Why would any tech only work as a solo? Unless it is some super secret OS that uses the tag-in combinations, point Squigly can just not call their assist and "play solo".

•Is this particular cross-up Big-Band specific or it can work on everyone?
- Or is it heavy-weights specific, meaning it only works on BB, Double, Robo (she's a heavy right?)?
- Or does it work on characters with tall hurtboxes like BB, Parasoul, Eliza, Valentine, Double?
•Do you have to time s.hk on certain characters such as Filia, Cerebella, Robo-Fortune, Double? Meaning do you have to execute it quicker on Double and Robot or is it the same timing for every character?

•Is this particular cross-up Big-Band specific or it can work on everyone?
- Or is it heavy-weights specific, meaning it only works on BB, Double, Robo (she's a heavy right?)?
- Or does it work on characters with tall hurtboxes like BB, Parasoul, Eliza, Valentine, Double?
•Do you have to time s.hk on certain characters such as Filia, Cerebella, Robo-Fortune, Double? Meaning do you have to execute it quicker on Double and Robot or is it the same timing for every character?
It works on every character, but it requires the tail charge on BB and Double,the timing is the same-ish.
--
I meant to say, it doesn't require any other character to do the thing...my bad.

It works on every character, but it requires the tail charge on BB and Double,the timing is the same-ish.
--
I meant to say, it doesn't require any other character to do the thing...my bad.

That's a relief! As always, thank you for the amazing finds Tonney!:)
It's okay, I was the one who got excited for this amazing tech. No hard feelings, I hope...

Reactions: Bigtonney
Neat but I think you could get a similar effect with L M or H Shot and have a better assist than H Toss.

Reactions: puffcancel
Neat but I think you could get a similar effect with L M or H Shot and have a better assist than H Toss.
I had to use a different combo but you're right thanks! H shots is the best of the 3 since it works on BB and Double but instead of having cross unders you have to cross up with dash jLP.
EDIT: Here's what is looks like

Last edited:
Been awhile since I found time to play more Skullgirls, but that old corner wall pop reset cross under thingie using the first hit of standing MP into cancel, the one that I thought didn't work on Parasoul or heavier characters like Beowulf, it actually can work on them. What you need to do is at the peak of your jump after launcher, do j. lp, j.lk, j.mk (1st hit) j.hk to fast fall below them, then do the first hit of standing mp to pop them over you. The timing is kind of weird and I don't have it down yet, but it definitely works... I've tested it... Watch me be years behind, and everyone already knew this old news. Kuhuhu...

Reactions: TheCrankMachine
So, I may be late on this train, but I just discovered that seemingly everything c.lk can low profile, so can c.mp. Now, you don't recover as quick, so it's harder to do super cute things with it, but if you get it perfectly timed you can completely low profile M Bang! without ever blocking it allowing a heavy counter hit.

Love to see some old faces back at it with the Squig tech :). At this rate with Mike making some new changes to the characters and the game I hope he gives something more to Squigs.