• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Squigly Tech Thread: Small/Big Tips & Strategy YOU Notice? (NEW THREAD)

HEY i found a really stupid fast-fall thingy after someone gave me a bit of inspiration. I forget who it was...but im sure ill remember soon. Anyways, this works on everyone actually.

j.lp (pause), j.lk (pause), j.mk (pause), j.hk (fastfall). There you go :D it's very nice.

HEY i found a really stupid fast-fall thingy after someone gave me a bit of inspiration. I forget who it was...but im sure ill remember soon. Anyways, this works on everyone actually.

j.lp (pause), j.lk (pause), j.mk (pause), j.hk (fastfall). There you go :D it's very nice.
Nice find! So what kind of mixups can you get off this? Looks like you have time to air grab them before they hit the ground.

Huh, I found this very same thing just a few days ago
It can be used for ambiguous crossunders, surprise overhead with hk divekick, pushblock bait with j.lp, air throws, etc

The timing and how it behaves is pretty different on most characters and it doesn't work on double or big band

It loses to air normals though (Usually)

I think I'm missing something. How are you getting a fast fall out of j.mk? Does delaying j.hk (and having it fail to come out) causing you to fall faster?

I think I'm missing something. How are you getting a fast fall out of j.mk? Does delaying j.hk (and having it fail to come out) causing you to fall faster?
I imagine what's going on there is hitting j.HK as late as possible after the first hit of j.MK. I have done this before by accident, mostly against Bella, when going for j.MK j.HP. If you do this wrong (or right, depending on how you look at it), the j.HP doesn't combo and it hits Bella overhead. People always tell me "that's a really good reset" and I'm like "I wasn't trying to do that lol I dropped the combo".

"that's a really good reset" and I'm like "I wasn't trying to do that lol I dropped the combo".

Murica, fuck yeah

Had a chance to mess with the fastfall during my lunch break. You don't have the frames to air grab them :( it can cross under but apparently only on certain characters; I could only get it to work on Filia, Cerebella, Peacock, and Squigly. You can also fastfall with j.HP instead of j.HK, this gives you better frame advantage but it can't cross under and also it's sometimes hard to not accidentally hit them with the j.HP. The mixup after the fastfall is probably gonna just be between c.LK and throw. You can also cancel the j.HK/j.HP into dive kick but that doesn't beat anything that c.LK or throw wouldn't already beat so I don't know that there's much point to doing that.

Murica, fuck yeah
lol, were you to do it on purpose though it actually is a pretty good reset

With the fastfall, when using it on the characters it can cross up, if you M divekick after the jhk it will auto correct, making it a fake crossunder.

Consider that stolen.

I'll go ahead and reveal the trick to this and demonstrate some applications

You can switch which side you end up on by doing a single stance cancel immediately after landing, just take care to know which direction you're facing so you don't get a super instead (This can also be used in certain other situations)

You can switch which side you end up on by doing a single stance cancel immediately after landing, just take care to know which direction you're facing so you don't get a super instead (This can also be used in certain other situations)
How did you get the air throw?!

How did you get the air throw?!
By timing it correctly
It's pretty easy on light characters, but it can be done on everyone except big band

Edit: The setup is probably distinguishable from the crossup thing, but you can still mix it up with frame traps and stuff

By timing it correctly
It's pretty easy on light characters, but it can be done on everyone except big band

Edit: The setup is probably distinguishable from the crossup thing, but you can still mix it up with frame traps and stuff
Yeah now that I watch it again the timing on those hits is a lot different from the other mixups you were doing. Even if you can't cross under with that timing you still get a 33/33/33 between air grab/c.LK/ground grab which is pretty gr8

That's some pretty sick tech. ima have to steal it.

Yeah now that I watch it again the timing on those hits is a lot different from the other mixups you were doing. Even if you can't cross under with that timing you still get a 33/33/33 between air grab/c.LK/ground grab which is pretty gr8

You could also do air-frame-trap to CH the air tech attempt. Its pretty tight timing though, if you're off by a little bit you'll end up getting thrown.

So heres something hilarious and bad for Squigly
Squigly vs Bella
Squigly sees bella do j.mp and reacts with Daisy pusher
Bella then uses grab bag
Bella doesnt fall into the grave and can tech.
She can then tech forward and get a counter hit combo with c.lk

Bella cant always get the punish because its kinda due to how low the grab bag was. the lower the faster you can tech.

Anyways me and @Bit_Strife found this in a random training lobby

So heres something hilarious and bad for Squigly
Squigly vs Bella
Squigly sees bella do j.mp and reacts with Daisy pusher
Bella then uses grab bag
Bella doesnt fall into the grave and can tech.
She can then tech forward and get a counter hit combo with c.lk

Bella cant always get the punish because its kinda due to how low the grab bag was. the lower the faster you can tech.

Anyways me and @Bit_Strife found this in a random training lobby
That makes Double and Squigly the only characters with daisy pusher-susceptible jump-ins

That makes Double and Squigly the only characters with daisy pusher-susceptible jump-ins

How can Parasoul escape ?

neat i guess okay

edit: i suppose i should probably elaborate this only seems to work on fortune, peacock, and valentine that's probably important

Last edited:
neat i guess okay

edit: i suppose i should probably elaborate this only seems to work on fortune, peacock, and valentine that's probably important
I guess we can add this to the plethora of 2000000 things we can do after a launcher. Nice find.

I notice that happens a lot with cr.lk too when I do that same reset. Makes it very visually confusing

@mcpeanuts Here you go. You may be able to make your own crossovers / crossunders with your assist but here is solo squigly stuff for big band
you can still do s.hk > arpeggio crossunder
You can also do the s.hk > dash under > c.lk
s.hk > j.mk > j.hp > j.lp is the crossover.
-you have to delay the j.mk a bit and super jump once you land after j.hp (If he is standing after j.hp then you got it perfect though this isnt needed)

Thats all I can find. Crossovers are a pain.

P.S. the s.hk > dash > c.lk its strict and it only crosses under because c.lk lowers her hitbox so big band lands on top of her and gets pushed to the other side.
in other words you cant s.hk > dash under

Reactions: mcpeanuts
Also fun fact. Against Big Band you can only get the stance crossunder with serpents tail (Kick). not dragons breath (Punch).
Squigly jumps are timed differently in each stance. making it so big band falls right on squigly when she is at the peak of her jump in Dragons Breath.

Its kinda incredible

Here are some crossups on Big Band

1: s.hk > j.lk > delayed j.hp xx divekick
2: s.hk > delayed mk divekick > level 2 stancel
3: j.lp > delayed j.mp > delayed j.mk

They can all be made to not cross up (Or in the case of #3, only cross up once)

So one of these days I might try to organize all this tech in the OP...but for now I have life issues...BUT I've been playing solo squigs more since my second character always sucks super hard & also to learn better neutral.

I'll be posting a vid of actual online footage later so it can really sink in, but anyways we all know it's hard to get in with squigs to people who know how to block decently and pushblock as well but literally after a chain, seria cancel and JUMP j.mp > divekick & profit.

If they don't block the divekick (they mash 90% of the time), they won't block the low. And if they're GODLIKE, you can go for the sf.hp multi-hit attack like many of us already do. Again, it may sound abstract, but it's so funny. Also just jumping over and dive kicking to the other side can eff with people too.

Anyways it's super fun & you should try it. Just be careful because for everyone except one character (I forget), it'll connect...so pause just a tad so it doesn't combo if you DO happen to connect. Best thing is it counts as an overhead :D honestly this is the closest you're getting to a tiger-knee-ish thing.

1: s.hk > j.lk > delayed j.hp xx divekick
2: s.hk > delayed mk divekick > level 2 stancel
3: j.lp > delayed j.mp > delayed j.mk

They can all be made to not cross up (Or in the case of #3, only cross up once)
FYI I tried these out, while they do cross up I think it's good to know that #1 and #3 don't cross up the opponent's inputs. Which is to say, they can input :DP::P: and their Beat Extend will come out. I think that's not true of #2 though, if they try to DP on the same side they'll just get jab.

In today's episode of "Dolfinh finds shit useless squigly stuff", I found out you can actually chain light divekick into st.lp at lower heights. I'm not really sure what you would do with this, but it is sort of cool since I thought L divekick was only any good for finding throws.

I might be able to top you on useless Squigly tech. I recently discovered a burst bait I didn't know about, but the timing is super fiddly, it only works if they're mashing as adding anything beyond the first hit puts you in range of the burst, and it won't work on Parasoul, Fortune, or Painwheel.

I can make a video of it tomorrow. Basically, as long as you still have your OTG, use Gravedigger and after they hit the ground do s.lk, s.mp, s.hp x2 xx stancel, s.mp xx punch stancel. If you use kick stance, your front leg will be in burst range on some characters. The plus side is that if they do burst, you can immediately start a combo with s.hp x2 and do around a billion damage.

you can do that as a ground chain as well, during stancel loops just do cmp chp lvl2 stancel cmp chp for a red bait

Sort of an odd interaction. I'm guessing that parasoul "pops up" after being grabbed by the daisy pusher and this causes her to get hit by opera, but since she still got grabbed by daisy pusher she still vanishes and such.

Also i didn't realize that opera's hitbox expanded/contracted slightly between hits.

Hot stuff like always Nuuance, I'll be borrowing this tech for a while now.....>v>

I'll go ahead and reveal the trick to this and demonstrate some applications

Dat airthrow was freakin' sick~!@^@

Alright so 2 things ive found today.
So apparently squigly has a Kara throw. very simple. s.lk > throw. do it quickly and all that. you will move just a tad bit more. not sure where this can be applied but it is nice to have.

Secondly after h.divekick you can get a full charge. So if you h.divekick charge sing hop forward 2 steps you can sing daisy pusher wherever they teched. To make this even better you can cancel it to catch them up backing though the timing is more strict and all that. it is possible and confirms off this are quite silly based on the spacing. you can get the c.mk to connect but s.hp can whiff. (which may not be bad if you know the spacing you can intentionally whiff it for sing daisy. just a thought)

Alright so 2 things ive found today.
So apparently squigly has a Kara throw. very simple. s.lk > throw. do it quickly and all that. you will move just a tad bit more. not sure where this can be applied but it is nice to have.

Secondly after h.divekick you can get a full charge. So if you h.divekick charge sing hop forward 2 steps you can sing daisy pusher wherever they teched. To make this even better you can cancel it to catch them up backing though the timing is more strict and all that. it is possible and confirms off this are quite silly based on the spacing. you can get the c.mk to connect but s.hp can whiff. (which may not be bad if you know the spacing you can intentionally whiff it for sing daisy. just a thought)
I'm so confused. Wait you mean charge AND combo of raw H divekick? Not getting the whiff stuff either :( sorry just verbally confused