• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

STEAMY GOODNESS: talk about games on steam

Anyone play Starwhal: Just the Tip? I wanna give it a go but I want to know if it's any good.

I bought Soundodger+, AE, and some shooting game.

I got Humble Indie Bundle 11. It had Dust: An Elysian Tail, Antichamber, Guacamelee! Gold Edition, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, The Swapper, and Monaco (which I already had).

I don't know anything about Giana Sisters or The Swapper, but the first three of those games are fantastic.

The minimum to get all the content in the bundle is, as of this post, $4.54, so I would certainly recommend it.

https://www.humblebundle.com/

Too bad I don't have a job. Hurray for being in high school still.

I got Humble Indie Bundle 11. It had Dust: An Elysian Tail, Antichamber, Guacamelee! Gold Edition, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, The Swapper, and Monaco (which I already had).

I don't know anything about Giana Sisters or The Swapper, but the first three of those games are fantastic.

The minimum to get all the content in the bundle is, as of this post, $4.54, so I would certainly recommend it.

https://www.humblebundle.com/
Guacamelee and monaco are fantastic.
I've heard the swapper and antichamber are good but I'm not much of a puzzle game guy.
Dust is good, it's a little too easy and I'm not a fan of the art style but it's still pretty good.
Giana sisters was just kind of average imo. Pretty challenging platformer with decent level design.

Dust is good, it's a little too easy and I'm not a fan of the art style but it's still pretty good.

Yeah, I immediately regretted starting on hard instead of the hardest difficulty.

I have Dust. I never finished it though... everyone's giant eyes kept bugging me and I had to stop playing it.

I've got Guacamelee, Dust and Giana Sisters. I haven't finshed Guacamelee, but I finished the other two. Also, BTW, the game may be called Giana Sisters, but you only play as Giana, her sister is the one you rescue.

On a non-Humble Bundle related note, has anyone else tried out Infinity Wars yet? It's a free to play trading card game where the pictures on the cards move! You don't get that in Magic: the Gathering!

Just to confirm, VP doesn't have online at the moment, does it?

Just to confirm, VP doesn't have online at the moment, does it?
Apparently not. And the steam page only lists local multiplayer as a feature.

Technically you could play the original version (and I assume this version as well) of the game online with a home made program called Lunaport, but as you can imagine with such a program, it can be a bit hit and miss and annoying.

I would really like to get it, and probably will eventually, but with no online I'll probably save my money for the time being for when Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae is released on Steam.

On a side note you should all probably get Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae.

It is like 3 bucks... tempting even without online multiplayer.

Anyone know how it is? Mechanics? Etc?

I dunno, but I hear some of the players claiming it's 10x better than Skullgirls, like, they say it's balanced n stuff. I dunno anymore, their blatant bashing of the game makes me not want to play it.

Assuming you're talking about Vanguard Princess, I'd say it's worth it. I bought it just now and it's kinda fun, but the controls are a little unusual (you'll probably have to install xpadder or something) and there's no Training mode (only VS). Add Training mode and/or online play and this would be a pretty solid buy, but for $3 you aren't risking much anyway.

Reactions: Squire Grooktook
its a balanced price for a fighter with no online thats for sure. . . looking at you GG Isuka and BB Calamity trigger

its a balanced price for a fighter with no online thats for sure. . . looking at you GG Isuka and BB Calamity trigger

Give me Chronophatasma you sons of bitches!!!

Reactions: Arcana
I don't know shit about Persona, is it good?

And I'd take any Guilty Gear that was made in the last 10 years...

But really...

Give me Chronophantasma you sons of bitches!

I don't know shit about Persona, is it good?

And I'd take any Guilty Gear that was made in the last 10 years...

But really...

Give me Chronophantasma you sons of bitches!
it's great it is pretty basic like how every character gets an overhead and reversal mapped onto 2 buttons as well as an auto combo, but also has deep character specific mechanics such as a doom counter for Naoto and chain levels for Akihiko. . .I would like them to port it to steam as well as the other Arc fighters

I just want my DoA, if TN can release a PC game before they can do it again. I heard Yaiba was coming, I think. But don't quote me on that.

Is there any chance that Persona will get launched on PC?

Is there any chance that Persona will get launched on PC?
if the current arc ports get more popular then hopefully yes, but I don't like the idea of voting with my wallets on an oudated expiriment and a game I already bought on the Windows 8 Store. . .then agian if it had multiplayer i would get it :/

It is like 3 bucks... tempting even without online multiplayer.

Anyone know how it is? Mechanics? Etc?
iirc

Basically it's kind of sort of like a traditional 2d fighter (think kof or sf) but both players have an "assist character" who tags along in the background, and can perform various moves and stuff with meter. If it sounds like Marvel/Sg style teams it's not, since it's more like what it would be like if your assist character was always on screen.

Maybe watch some gameplay videos, it's pretty fun.

Mizuumi has some strategy stuff and explanations here

http://wiki.mizuumi.net/w/Vanguard_Princess

Reactions: Spencer
if the current arc ports get more popular then hopefully yes, but I don't like the idea of voting with my wallets on an oudated expiriment and a game I already bought on the Windows 8 Store. . .then agian if it had multiplayer i would get it :/

Agreed to an extent. I don't mind that we are getting older games. I'll pick up BB:CS (maybe tonight!) for the single player (who the fuck ports a FG without online play?). But it does piss me off that they release a game that is 11 years old (Isuka) to gauge interest in a modern game.

Could you imagine if we all had to drop 10 bucks on Assassin's Creed I before they decided to launch Black Flag on PC? It is insane.

Skullgirls SDE.

Just think about it, guys.

But it does piss me off that they release a game that is 11 years old (Isuka) to gauge interest in a modern game.

It's so rediculous, I have to question if that's even what they were doing. I mean ISUKA of all things? They've had a damn pc port of Reload with online play for ages now on gog.

Apparently not. And the steam page only lists local multiplayer as a feature.

Technically you could play the original version (and I assume this version as well) of the game online with a home made program called Lunaport, but as you can imagine with such a program, it can be a bit hit and miss and annoying.

In the forums, eigoMANGA (dev) says he is looking into adding steamwork netplay on it. Dunno when though...

For those interested, I suggest you visit the wiki Squire Grooktook linked for netplay:

http://wiki.mizuumi.net/w/Vanguard_Princess/Netplay
http://wiki.mizuumi.net/w/Vanguard_Princess/FAQ

Reactions: Squire Grooktook
I've always had an aversion to using non-inbuilt netplay after some bad experiences with kallilera (lol) back in the day. It'll be nice if it does get steam-based netplay, though.

EDIT: Woah, this game runs at 100fps?

if vanguard princess can get on steam, someone should ask MAQL to get one of the Senran Kagura games up on there.

they can call it "STEAMY Edition" or some silly pun

:PUN:

if vanguard princess can get on steam, someone should ask MAQL to get one of the Senran Kagura games up on there.

they can call it "STEAMY Edition" or some silly pun

:PUN:

I second that!

if steam accepts some abhorrent creations from greenlight, accepting Senran kagura will be a walk in the park

I second that!

if steam accepts some abhorrent creations from greenlight, accepting Senran kagura will be a walk in the park

I hope you're not implying VP is abhorrent, it's a good game.

Never mentioned the name... YOU, however...

Never mentioned the name... YOU, however...
Well it's just that you say that in a response to a post about VP, which was on greenlight.

But nah I'm just checking, it's cool don't worry about it.