• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

STEAMY GOODNESS: talk about games on steam

Yeah, I'm trying really hard to not fall into that "Aw it's an investment for when I can actually play it!" No, fuck that, I need to get games I can conceivably play on Maria (my computer).
Because for every game I can't play, that's less money that could be used to get a computer that can play them.
People actually buy games they know their computer can't handle? That would be fucking stupid.
I mean, not only are you spending money on something you won't be able to use in the foreseeable future, but many of the games you buy will be even cheaper in the summer/winter sale that takes place after you update your rig.

Reactions: Jutsei
Anyone know if One Finger Death Punch is any good? It's currently at $2.49
If the community choice that contained it but didn't get voted in is anything to go by it's likely to get even cheaper in a flash sale btw.
Not sure if you care too much when you get into that price range but yeah.
And it does look intriguing, and seems to be met with positive reviews, so I think it's probably worth it.

half an hour more to get sleeping dogs for super cheap!

I try to budget myself during these sales (well when ever I buy anything but not doing so would be stupid). I try not to spend more than $25 a day during this sale (usually it would be like $15 and if don't see any thing I want I don't spend, but this week I'm also clearing out my TF2 invitory of crates), but sense I worked all week last week, and most of this week I'm willing to spoil myself

PINK
TEAM
MASTER
RACE
It's all rigged

More honestly in the past three days I've spent about... Oh, fourty dollars. And I'm done with the sale already! I mean I got what I really really really wanted, and helped someone out, so I'm good.

It's all rigged
Actually starting to think it is. I think purple was clearly in the lead the second day and they stopped it before it became a trend, because purple winning all day every day isn't exactly fun. You'll notice that a different team is always way in the lead on each day (every team but blue has won before and blue is a full 200,000 points ahead of the other teams right now) so I think they're just letting everyone win twice.

I don't think it's properly rigged, but I'd be surprised if they didn't have some measure in place to have each team win at least once.

Castle Crashers and BattleBlock Theater is dirt cheap.
Buy it, guys.
We can play together.
This alone should be more than enough reason.
119389B5671F4BAEB1DDB86A5584825C4A877676

Reactions: Lavama
New Shovel Knight trailer is out and it'll be available on steam and other platforms on June 26th.

Well, I guess I'm waiting for Thursday then. :D

Reactions: juju_for_president
My goal for the steam sale is to get all of the games that interest me without spending any IRL money, and if things keep going like they have so far, I should be able to do it.

Bought Castle Crashers for my little bro last summer sale, but passed up on it myself. Having played a bunch of it with my brother at San Diego Comic Con a few weeks later and having a blast, I'm totally buying it this year.

Still not a good dark souls 2 discount.

DAMN!

well shovel knight is out

but it isn't on sale (which is expected since it came out just today)

i'm wondering if i should just pay the full price since i've heard nothing but total and complete praise for it

well shovel knight is out

but it isn't on sale (which is expected since it came out just today)

i'm wondering if i should just pay the full price since i've heard nothing but total and complete praise for it
I may not be the best judge, cuz I only played it for an hour but I say it's worth the price.
I backed the game so I only payed $10 and I can tell it was well spent and I only beat the 1st 2 levels and I can tell the game will be worth that at least, and I'm sure there will be more to be discovered.

Borderlands in on sale
someoneplsgivemeacopy

I have mainly been playing Skullgirls, Terraria, Binding of Isaac, and a little of Star Wars Battlefront 2 on the side. All fine games that I recommend.

Armored Hunter: Gunhound Ex is really great. It's a heavy run and gun shooter in the style of Cybernator/Assault Suit Valken on the snes if you've ever played those. It also has a fantastic soundtrack that was a collaboration between the composers for Castlevania I and Thunder Force series on Genesis (among other people). It's really good.

So far the most play time I've gotten out of games I bought this sale are the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive Collection games. Must have logged like 7 hours into Alien Soldier.

And with today the Steam summer sale comes to an end as a final hurrah all major sales games are back on sale so if you missed any thing you have one last chance to get it.
Bourderlands/Bourderlands 2
Brothers
Call of Jaurez
Chivalry
Deus Ex
Don't Starve
Ducktales
Dust
Skyrim
Blood Dragon
Game Dev
Mercenary Kings
OctoDad
Pandora
Rage
Rayman Legends
Saints Row IV
Stanley Parable
They Bleed Pixels
Tomb Raider
Trine/ Trine 2

Also inconsequentially Shovel Knight(backer) and Curse of Monkey Island for $2 and Jersey Devil $0.50 at my local thrift shop)

Reactions: SkullMan
My haul is considerably smaller.
For myself I got: Awesomenauts Starstorm, Battleblock theater, and three skins for Awesomenauts (Total Spike and Cynical Vinnie, Private Lonestar, Dr. Fetus Swiggins)

But for my FRIENDS
I got my vampire friend Awesomenauts, my best friend $25 with which to get Don't Starve for her friends, and I helped my other friend get Skyrim Legendary Edition.

Oh yeah I also forgot about Clickteam Fusion and RaySupreme :p

Hmm i play a lot of steam games, I recently picked up magicite in the summer sales which was a great buy, i play strike vector a bit and i have logged quite a bit of time into Dota. Ascendant is a BEAUTIFUL Rouge-like sorta game. I play Blade symphony a bit but some of the community is a bit toxic and makes the game frustrating sometimes. Don't starve is pretty addictive and makes you really develop that "gamer ocd" Dungeon of the endless along with Endless legend and Endless space are great 4X turnbased games (the latter two being similar to civ while Dungeon is more of a weird hybrid of genres) I also picked up Talisman Digital edition as its a great online version of talisman to play with friends the dlc's also add tons of content. Risk of rain is a game i have 100%'ed a few times now as it is a great game with fun characters. I also play super street fighter 4 a bit on steam though ive pretty much dedicated myself to skullgirls as of recently ^^ unfortunately steam will let any shady company with a game on their platform as of lately. They really need to turn back to the old system before we get more of these weird trashy games coming out. Though i was happy to see FF3 on steam :3

I got: RPG Maker VX ACE, San Andreas, Shining Force, Wolfenstein 3D and Ikaruga. not a bad haul if I do say so myself.

I got a few games
Garry's Mod
Portal
Portal 2
Borderlands 2
Payday 2

Ys Origins
Borderlands 2
Rayman Legends
Pac-Man Championship Edition DX +
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Shovel Knight

Worth every penny and saved some dollars.

OK, so I started the sale with just under $5 of steam credit, and bought:
Akane the Kunoichi
Awesomenauts
Bastion
Cloudbuilt
Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition
Defy Gravity Extended
Dino Horde
KAMI
Long Live the Queen
Lyne
Monaco
Noitu Love 2: Devolution
One Way Heroics
Spelunky
System Shock 2
They Bleed Pixels
And didn't spend any money of my own. I think I can call this a success.

EDIT: I did also buy KOF with IRL money, but I didn't include that in this experiment because I have been waiting to buy that on sale for a while anyway.

Reactions: TheGoggledGamer
I can't play KoF. I have no idea what I'm doing in that game.

I don't even know what I'm doing in SG.

Mhmm... I believe ya.

I can't play KoF. I have no idea what I'm doing in that game.

DandyDlc's old tutorial for the series is still pretty good

Gives a pretty good overview of how spacing/mix ups/etc. works.

RIPCyanide

I heard Borderlands 2 has a crap ton of DLC. Maybe I should'a grabbed it instead of Payday2.

Here's my personal haul.

Blockland
Fable: The Lost Chapters
Marlow Briggs
Metal Slug 3
Painkiller: Black Edition
PAYDAY 1 and 2.
Halo: Spartan Assault
One of them gun DLCs for Killing Floor
The Stanley Parable
Skyrim: Legendary Edition
Fallout 3: GOTY
Borderlands 2 GOTY

Plus a buncha games I got for friends.

Reactions: TheGoggledGamer
I just got XCOM:Enemy Unknown. So that makes 2 games purchased during the summer sale.

i didn't get anything in the sale

i got shovel knight, but that wasn't on sale, so i guess it doesn't count as being in the sale, right?