• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Stiiiiiiill waiting for the official release date of Stanley.

Shorydouken

gundham tanakaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Reaction score
Steam
luigifan20
PSN
luigifan20
XBL
Supermariofan20
Beowulf Big Band Peacock
C'mon guys, we all know Stanley is the ACTUAL last DLC character that they're hiding from us, now we just need an official release date.

I mean, it's not like he's some trash character like Annie or something.

So Lab Zero, or Mike Z, when's he coming out?

Alright guys you've been pulling my chain too long when is it

Oh, come on. We all know Stanley isn't gonna make it in. Instead, it's gonna be that one character that EVERYONE wants to be playable! So many people, in fact, that they're DEFINITELY going to break the "No more DLC characters" rule and put him in!
index.php

That's right, THIS GUY! This guy who doesn't even have a name, is the NEXT SKULLGIRLS DLC CHARACTER!
Or, not, because, you know, there aren't any more DLC characters.

Oh, come on. We all know Stanley isn't gonna make it in. Instead, it's gonna be that one character that EVERYONE wants to be playable! So many people, in fact, that they're DEFINITELY going to break the "No more DLC characters" rule and put him in!
index.php

That's right, THIS GUY! This guy who doesn't even have a name, is the NEXT SKULLGIRLS DLC CHARACTER!
Or, not, because, you know, there aren't any more DLC characters.

isn't that Stanley's drinking buddy
drink
5 hour energy is a drink
5 on the clock
5 on the hand
5 dollar foot long
Dollar
Dollar rhymes with Dillar
Dill
Dill Pickles
That one dill pickle mascot is a bird, just like the penguin
facebook has likes
has
has is the present tense of had
present
a present is also a gift
a
a is the first letter of the alphabet

And I'll fu'in bet you Stanley is going to be revealed

image.jpg

sory do not have english rite

:3, I thought I'd post this here.

Already got it saved mang

Last edited by a moderator:
but he's boring
You're one to talk buddy. I mean, just look at that extensive Profile description there.

Someone's trying to be the DDB of Stanley.

You don't wanna be the DDB of anything.
What happens if I try to be the DDB of not being DDB?

Pay attention to @DDB "I really wish I weren't here right now!" Button.

image.jpg

Remember no Fourm user wants to be a DDB. Or worse a lockjaw if your not careful.

Although I'm laughing at the fact were using the noun "DDB" as a verb now, let's not have this turn into another Squigly thread incident.

That being said the real question is: Can Stanley walk backwards?

What happens if I try to be the DDB of not being DDB?

You become a lockjaw that's a LOT worse.

then we'll beat you up and take all of your coins

Eh, it's okay.

my iPad nor my phone could edit/crop the picture in the avatar editor. Oh well.

Also, what, uh... What's a Lockjaw?

*As he says changing his icon*

On what a lockjaw is Private message me and I'll tell you. I don't want to continue this conversation because we're getting off topic.

*As he says changing his icon*

On what a lockjaw is Private message me and I'll tell you. I don't want to continue this conversation because we're getting off topic.
.... This was ever on topic?

Alright, alright, back on topic

So, uh.... He's being released Tuesday right?

Whens Robo Peacock, whens Robo Big Band, whens Zombie Squigly, whens Military Parasoul.

Reactions: Sparties
i'm about to let my main man cream eat your hands for breakfast, smh @my twitter
nah mang Jean Peacock Polnareff and Silver ChAveryiot got my back, with Bighammed Bandol and Musician's Red, and lastly Iggs Fortune with pun name for Za Fool I couldn't think of.

Reactions: ElementFree
You deserve a Nobel Peace Prize for Musicians red

Just to remind you all, please stay on topic. We don't want to repeat what happened last time.

stanley_plays_skullgirls__colored__by_greenday2004-d6fqm1z.png

Reactions: Magma442
What happened last time?

And is this supposed to be an art thread...?

Nah, we're suppose to discuss on Stanley, but I ain't good with words. So I'm putting out arts instead :D

I mean I kinder wished he was playable, but I just don't know what his movesets will be.

I always figured it'd be like

He'd have to turn completely around to walk, like I saw a thing where it said he would walk like Nemesis in UMvC3, looking behind him at his enemy.

Basic boxing attack rushes for normals
A replica of Venom Rush from MvC2
Replica of Gran Bruce's swim and grab from Viewtiful Joe
Drones and Mines
Secret stuff in his jacket he pulls out to attack
A level 1 where he dashes forward with a large chomp
Level 2 where he causes a tsunami
Sharknado level 3, like Jin's tornado super from MvC2 but hits multiple times

Etc.

Reactions: Magma442
That sounds like it would fit perfectly with his IGG character profile:
Stanley said:
This Dagonian scientist prefers to fade into the background at work, not that he is always successful. Stanley originally helped develop weapons in the now defunct Lab 4, but following the surprise attack on Lab 8 it became clear the ASG needs all the (fish)manpower it can afford. He brings his previous inventions out of storage to fight alongside the soldiers, because the ASG Labs know better than to have a shark without a frickin’ laser beam...

Playstyle Speculation
Uses a variety of shark-themed attacks and high-tech weaponry. Shark Dive! Shark Knuckle! Science Upper! FEEDING FRENZY! Be sure to check your work.

In addition to shark themed attacks such as biting, diving, lunges, and even under-the-earth dives, Stanley would have a surprisingly solid boxing stance. He’s something of a sports nerd; a fan of boxing and hockey. He’d also use his advanced ASG arsenal from his Lab 4 days to his advantage. This could include various laser guns, missiles, or something akin to Iron Man’s Proton Cannon. He may even have laser skates or...a jetpack!

Gameplay Inspiration
Captain Kidd (World Heroes 2), Street Sharks, Slayer (Guilty Gear XX #Reload), Richard Feynman (physics!), Iron Man (Marvel vs. Capcom series), Cyclops (Marvel vs. Capcom series), Gordon Freeman (Half-Life series)

Can't have a Stanley thread without mentioning he was dead once.
God of Background Art Willy Hwang said:
Back to 2011, there's also this dead shark and anvil head that was a result of miscommunication. Whoops!
FoVTyMi.jpg
Secrets of Lab 8 found here.

If they ever (read: probably) get around to Skullgirls 2 I have to say the 4 I think will probably get in easy are Stanley, Panzerfaust, Annie, and Umbrella. Maybe Venus, Aeon and Black Dahlia too for plot.

That's just my 2 cents though.

Reactions: ACreationist
C'mon guys, we all know Stanley is the ACTUAL last DLC character that they're hiding from us, now we just need an official release date.

I mean, it's not like he's some trash character like Annie or something.

So Lab Zero, or Mike Z, when's he coming out?
Annie is NOT a TRASH CHARACTER. Talesin, maybe, Leduc, maybe, Hubrecht, definitely, but Annie?! Have you PLAYED Beowulf's story? She saves his butt from Double, who Valentine can't even beat. Annie's sword is enormous and made from a meteorite that channels the power of the stars. Stanley's a shark with legs, and even though I like him, considering he's supposed to be similar to Iron Man's play style, that would make him too similar to Robo-Fortune, another laser shooting heavy character.
Also, if they made a Skullgirls 2, the roster additions would definitely be Umbrella, Aeon, Venus, Black Dahlia, Marie Brain Drain, Annie and maybe Ileum, Stanley, Feng, or Beatrix.

Reactions: DDB and Sparties
Annie is NOT a TRASH CHARACTER. Talesin, maybe, Leduc, maybe, Hubrecht, definitely, but Annie?! Have you PLAYED Beowulf's story? She saves his butt from Double, who Valentine can't even beat. Annie's sword is enormous and made from a meteorite that channels the power of the stars. Stanley's a shark with legs, and even though I like him, considering he's supposed to be similar to Iron Man's play style, that would make him too similar to Robo-Fortune, another laser shooting heavy character.
Also, if they made a Skullgirls 2, the roster additions would definitely be Umbrella, Aeon, Venus, Black Dahlia, Marie Brain Drain, Annie and maybe Ileum, Stanley, Feng, or Beatrix.
image.jpg

mfw Annie is still trash

Oh darn, you guys found my alt account

I thought it was just someone ripping your style, but one cannot rip that which does not exist.

Reactions: ACreationist