• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter 4

So she's got a launcher. Joy. /sarcasm

Mike Z actually answered that about a year or so ago and, yes, 3D characters cost waaaaaay more in general.
http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/176847/mike-z-on-the-cost-of-making-fighting-games
considering the information that Mike gave about how much it costs to make a 3D fighting game character... I am glad Capcom didnt decide to go fucking insane and spend money they didnt have on a new character from scratch.

I'm not sold. They couldn't even model A F*CKING DIFFERENT HEAD?

THERE WERE AT LEAST 10 MORE DOLLS TO CHOOSE.

There are modders and artists on deviantart capable of doing excellent bodies and heads for the game. I'm sure they'd do a head model it for less than 50 thousand dollars if contacted. Hell, I bet there are quality artists that would be willing to do it for even less

It's still cheap, lazy, overhyped and disappointing to no end

Decapre looks like a fun character to play.

I'm not sold. They couldn't even model A F*CKING DIFFERENT HEAD?

THERE WERE AT LEAST 10 MORE DOLLS TO CHOOSE.

There are modders and artists on deviantart capable of doing excellent bodies and heads for the game. I'm sure they'd do a head model it for less than 50 thousand dollars if contacted. Hell, I bet there are quality artists that would be willing to do it for even less

It's still cheap, lazy, overhyped and disappointing to no end
Call it lazy if you want, but even a new head is costly. I'll cite this tweet so that you can probably guess the price on it.

People keep bringing up "THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE CHEAPER" and "modders and artists from deviantArt" but when it comes to actually paying for them to be developed, the numbers will balloon to stupidly high numbers. Honestly, you make it sound like you just have to model the head. Did you take into account rigging the head to animate speech for a one-off in Story Mode? The fact that they'd have to re-sync the new head to the body animations for every animation? Arbitrary hardware and software limits regarding model complexity to ensure acceptable game performance across all platforms? I'm so familiar with that last one when installing third party mods on games I own to the point that it just annoys me to hell.

And let's not forget trustworthiness. Capcom will be very suspect of third-party offers offering to do "excellent models for less than 50k". It honestly sounds dodgy as hell when you're familiar with how much it actually costs to make those assets.

People keep making it sound easy and cheap to do.
It isn't, and has honestly never been ever as every generation shift comes with a ballooning development cost. Want a picture of how much it can balloon? Capcom projected PS4/XBO development costing 8x to 10x more manpower than developing for the PS3/360 and had them practically build up a new development engine, which is currently devouring a good deal of their funding just by being in development and is probably the reason she doesn't have a new head, by the way.

EDIT: Of course, this question will pop up so I'll preemptively answer it.
What's the engine for? Cutting down on costs that they would have had to spend if they kept using MT Framework. Yeah, they're burning their money now so that they don't have to burn it in the future on things they can streamline.

Lazy? Only lazy if you're not familiar with how stupid game development costs can actually be.
Overhyped? Definitely.
Disappointing? I honestly need more than footage than an exhibition match from an in-testing build to be disappointed.

Last edited:
Still more disapoint hype then a bad character...

But Decapre will be a good character. Only desapoint because the months acumulate hype...

(this is a talk from a person who wants MIKE HAGGAR... who still a Zangief clone... and make a post in Capcom Unity to Juni and Juli come back... another clones... the clonning is not the problem)

so when's R. Mika
hopefully never because children shouldn't be rewarded for having tantrums.
Kappa.png

Last edited:
hopefully never because children shouldn't be rewarded for having tantrums.
Okay, at this point it's getting annoying with the "I told you so"'s I didn't even. Seriously dude.

Reactions: Icky
Holy fucking shit really.

Really?
I AM KIDDING! RELAX!

let me edit it.

also, the R. Mika fanbase was a bit thickheaded after being told no so many times.

edit:

and I wasn't gloating. don't take it the wrong way. thats just how I've been looking at all the hate recently.

Last edited:
Okay, at this point it's getting annoying with the "I told you so"'s I didn't even. Seriously dude.
relax, I was only making a joke
and you have to admit many of the responses to this aren't exactly what I would call 'rational' or 'mature'

Sano is a rational and mature person.

I'm not gonna point names or post names, but you gotta admit, there were people going fucking nuts over this the moment Decapre was announced. "thats it. I'm not buying this game" a single character being enough to make someone say they wont get a game has no rationality to me, and is not a true fan in my eyes. good riddance to fair weather.

even though the only thing they did wrong was her marketing.

relax, I was only making a joke
and you have to admit many of the responses to this aren't exactly what I would call 'rational' or 'mature'
Since when was anything on the Internet rational or mature?

Reactions: SanoBaron
Since when was anything on the Internet rational or mature?
well, apparently having an opinion on negative responses being referred to as "tantrums" is apparently a no-no and counts as gloating. but really I am sick of all the negative backlash and the "whens my waifu" shit.

so you are probably right in that regard

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT
I will fight. with my character once Ultra comes out. B)
OKAY! NOW I am gloating

Dude, responding to negative backlash by piling on the salt (even if it's imaginary salt) won't make things any better. Heck, it'll probably kickstart a flamewar, and everybody loses in a flamewar.

Personally, I'm going to wait until Ultra comes out, and if it turns out to be better than Ultimax, I'll get it, maybe play Decapre and see how she works out in the final build.

Just don't expect any online play involving me and Decapre. I already suck, and I'm especially horrible at charge and mash characters.

Dude, responding to negative backlash by piling on the salt (even if it's imaginary salt) won't make things any better. Heck, it'll probably kickstart a flamewar, and everybody loses in a flamewar.

Personally, I'm going to wait until Ultra comes out, and if it turns out to be better than Ultimax, I'll get it, maybe play Decapre and see how she works out in the final build.

Just don't expect any online play involving me and Decapre. I already suck, and I'm especially horrible at charge and mash characters.
yeah, you're right. I guess I was just lashing out cuz I took so much shit for wanting her before she was even revealed. a "waifu war" if you would.

Ultra seems good and I plan on getting both Ultimax and Ultra.... and GG Xrd

I am not that great with charge character but Decapre seems to be one that I would love to try out.

My fingers turn into pudding just attempting to pull off HP HHS with Honda in training.

That said? i'll try to have her as a side character when I pick up Ultra because FREAKING ENERGY KATARS MAN ;A;

ALL I HAD FOR A KATAR-WIELDING CHARACTER WAS VOLDO ;A;

Heck, it'll probably kickstart a flamewar, and everybody loses in a flamewar.

The entire Blazblue forums literally collapsed because of a flamewar between two people that became out of hand. It was horrible.

Was it about how high Bang was on the husbando scale?
He's a good 10000/10 for me

I don't think Skullheart could reach a flamewar the size of some of the wars I've seen. If anything the Decapre rage will die down soon enough.

if anniething will cause the downfall of Skullgirls
it'll be the impending Annie Singularity

Reactions: agent13
I'd rather it be that than some salty dude yelling at a mod.

I remember it like it was yesterday...

I'm not gonna point names or post names, but you gotta admit, there were people going fucking nuts over this the moment Decapre was announced. "thats it. I'm not buying this game" a single character being enough to make someone say they wont get a game has no rationality to me, and is not a true fan in my eyes. good riddance to fair weather.

even though the only thing they did wrong was her marketing.

Agreed. We gotta be consistent: I said since day one that I'll only buy this cash in when it gets a good discount.

Not worth 15 bucks. I can buy Skullgirls with that money, and I don't have to pay for balancing after

and I was planning on getting it whether or not the 5th character was gonna be one I wanted. regardless, I am still getting it, just now I want it even more.

I was sitting in the salty suite at Evo, said that the only thing that would reinvigorate my interest in SF4 would be if they announced a new update with Poison, Hugo, Rolento, and Elena ported over from SFxT, and the next day they announced exactly that.

I'm kiiiiiiiinda locked in here regardless of Decapre.

I was going to buy it regardless.

I am in the minority that is looking forward to Decapre, and will probably take her on as my main.

Reactions: SanoBaron
UltraDavid and James Chen did a big write up on their experience with the (admittedly outdated) Final Round build of USF4.

Part 1 - covers Hugo, T. Hawk, Dan, Dhalsim, Zangief, Blanka, Dictator, Elena, Guile, and Hakan
Part 2 - covers Decapre

Everyone Hates Decapre?! (Ultra Street Fighter 4)

I'd pre-order ultra if Alex was in the game...

there's always hope for Tekken x Street Fighter
whenever it comes out

With Elena being one of the best. Same with Christie.