• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter 4

If anyone wants matches let me know.

I have a question about the ultra update. If I download the update digitally will I still get all the costumes or will I have to buy the disc version? I'm thinking about downloading it this week.

You have to get the full game to get all the costumes. The update that came out this week won't cut it.

If you mean the costumes for the new characters, I think that was only available with the preorder.

Damn really? Well I might just go ahead and buy the update along with the costumes that I want or I might just wait until the disc version. I'll make my decision later this week, but thanks dudes.

Decapre v Sim looks so bad for sim. TP feints, better version of sim's ultra, and she can punish yoga sniper on hit with ultra 1. Life is hard for sim players.

Putting frame data on iPhone was a horrible idea

decapre did come first. It was in the Udon comics. The main reason I wanted her. She's the OG cammy

storywise yes. But she's more like if you combined Cammy with Leona Heidern.

Except when it comes to gameplay, that is.

that's weird. And to be specific, decapre and cammy are both clones of Bison, but they messed up on decapre so they tried again with cammy

I'm guessing she's like Phoenix: SHE CAN'T CONTROL IT.

Not that I'll be back to this thread, but I always found it sort of weird that "clones" of a big bulky dude are tiny lithe women. Maybe it was supposed to be "vessels"?

Not that I'll be back to this thread, but I always found it sort of weird that "clones" of a big bulky dude are tiny lithe women. Maybe it was supposed to be "vessels"?

Who knows? Apparently Bison and Rose used to be the same person so.... its all kinds of messed up.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were also genetically altered. Why they have to be female, though, is beyond me.

maybe bison just wants to be pretty
Considering that the physical embodiment of the good in Bison's soul is a woman, many believe that it suggests Bison was born looking like Rose.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were also genetically altered. Why they have to be female, though, is beyond me.
I think it might be a Henry VIII going on and Bison's genetics have a high chance of producing females.

Bison simply identifies as whatever gender is of the body that affords him the best psycho power output. Currently, that's male, but it is a potential explanation for why so many of his most recent attempts to create a suitable host body have been female.

Who knows? Apparently Bison and Rose used to be the same person so.... its all kinds of messed up.
isn't ingrid involved in this too?

again, I think it's just a genetics/Henry VIII thing. I doubt theres actual intentions to make a female Bison.

Maybe Bison wants to be pretty?
img-1371738-1-tumblr_mec6pxo5mJ1rmt8w3o1_500.gif

Although, really. Can someone make a family tree so I can understand this blasphemy of a genetics experiment?

I doubt that's canon. Wasn't that the same story where Ryu became a monk?

in the Udon comics, Rose was actually not the master of Bison who taught him his abilities. Bison was an outisder who learned Rose's Master's techniques, and found that the negative side of soul energy, psycho power, was stronger, and eventually he killed her master but before he killed her, she was able to transfer her consciousness to Rose.

in other words, its safe to say Rose and Bison have no blood relation whatsoever. in the Udon story anyway.

The clones being female is simple. Bison's y-chromosome baby maker tadpoles are a little ganky so he only uses the x chromosome ones ala X-23.

how do you combo in this game? it seems to only combo when it wants

You link like a mofo. One frame links are everywhere in SF4.

Also, if you expecting long combos in this game

I'm probably wrong because I have no understanding of 1 frame links

Supposedly they tried to make most of them 2-frame links if that makes you feel any better.

I mean, I still can't do any of that crap but I'm told it's like WAAAAAYYYYYYY easier now with that one single added frame.

in the Udon story anyway.
Yeah, that's not quite game canon, though Udon has had some decent stories of their own.

link? what is that? i can do some basic combos ut not alot

I dont even understand links myself.

then again, I've always learned combos by mashing and letting muscle memory do the rest. :P

Linking is similar to chaining, except instead of canceling the recovery time of a move into another move, you wait until the character is back at neutral and then attacking. Some attacks have large enough hitstun that this is just barely possible.