• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

unfortunately Q's method of trying to find doctors is by punching
Clearly I am in the right line of work.

who needs Twelve when Necro exists and is a much more likable character
and is also a character

[Claps on shoulder]
You, my friend......are very wise, reasonable, and of good taste.

v6aeMU0.jpg
...the part of the internet that lives and dies by rule34 should never see the top half of that pic.

Epic games is epic... But not on games anymore.

I miss unreal tournament glorious days

So... Sf4 ultra now has a save state feature that allows players to save the state it is called "memory"

And is obviously a take off of sg's save state. I would think labzero would be a bit pissed or very happy depending on how they perceive it, but either way, sf4 having save state is extremely powerful and brings along with it, the ability to practice one of the strongest offensive actions in the game:

Frametrapping crouchtechs.

This may actually give me the needed push to get back into sf4. As crouchtechs were to powerful for me to handle so i gave up on the game. But now, the ability to practice baiting and blowing them up, may actually make the game fun again from a mixup perspective and make characters like chun, that i had dropped because of bad crouchtechs, pickup able again.

/on topic:

I REALLY REALLY HOPE they have this memory feature in sf5 if crouchtech is in that game. It will literally make or break my decision to play the game in a serious fashion or not.

That's one of Ken Bogard's leaks confirmed true.

- Time / Weather effects in stages
- Release date : 2016, before the end of the fiscal year.
- Unreal Engine 4
- The new mechanic is named V-Trigger : You can change your stance.
- 16 characters
- No Super Street Fighter 2X + EX (Updates kinda like League of Legends / Killer Instinct)
- The story mode will be way much better, they know they fucked up with sf4.
- The PC version is here mostly because they want to bring the game to Latin America, South Asia, Africa...

- Street Fighter V won't have "Super" or "Hyper" editions. Just updates. He won't know if these updates will be free or DLC and does not know if they'll be balancing updates or will add characters and stages.
- The number of characters in the starting roster will be between SFIII and SF IV. He knows the number but not the returning cast.
- There'll be 4 new characters and he knows 3 of them.
- Focus Attacks won't return.
- It'll be released in 2016 and that the month is easy to guess. (He said to think about japanese fiscal years).

Then he dropped some interesting clues. He usually nicknames his Pokemon with stupid joke names but not this time.

3 of his pokemons were nicknamed

- Rachid
- Zen
- Laura

We can assume these are the 3 new fighters he knows about. He also kept mentioning 3 places in the world and he said "there was a reason": Brasil, Africa and India. We can assume Rachid is from Africa and (more probably North Africa), Zen will be from India and Laura from Brasil.

He also named another Pokemon "V-Trigger" which is probably the name of the new SFV mechanic.

So, you know everything. I repeat, I think we can 100% trust Ken Bogard but don't forget either: we're still early in development, things can change.

does mean that they'll hype the actually new characters instead of the old ones

does mean that they'll hype the actually new characters instead of the old ones
Well it's already too late for that.

Honestly, there are a few more important things that need to be worked on over characters. The biggest being making sure that the game doesn't have the same weird input buffer as IV which resulting in alot of option selects that wouldn't normally be in SF. I mean, yes the engine is new (UE4), but they still need to check for that. Then there's making sure that lights aren't the go to normals like they were in IV. This ties in to the first but and, with the fact that the mediums weren't as good as they usually are in SF, resulted in IV being this weird game where normal SF fundamentals were tossed out in favor of jab/short fishing and other point blank range shenanigans.

I just want a good fighting game. All of the extra bells and whistles would be nice, but if the game isn't solid, then it doesn't matter. If the game is solid, then I can handle not having my favourite characters or my fancy endscreens or my not-ass story mode.

I just need some raw dong-on-dong action
maybe some butt to butt on the side
but i need total dong contact here
tip, shaft, and balls
don't let me down, capcom

I personally hope SFV doesn't remix older themes and use brand new themes. I also hope to see the story catch up to the SF3 canon. Also, also, parry.

parry is SFIII thing and im glad to see it gone, much like focus

also seems to indicate that Ryu (or everyone, idk) can guard break

Ryu's fireballs break when he's in lightning mode or w/e.
That was the only obvious instance of it happening after the match at capcom cup.

*sigh* another arbitrary guard/guard break thing.

It was dumb enough with focus and that specific special move that could break focus.

it looks like Ryu's install lets gaurd crush happen easier from what i have seen

Except guard breaking is specific to Ryu's lightning thing. There is no guard meter in that extremely alpha footage which had meters for everything else.

remember when Street Fighter 4 was going to be updated instead of releasing new versions
remember when

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
remember when Street Fighter 4 was going to be updated instead of releasing new versions
remember when

I think Cappy learned it's lesson this time
I mean they can't possibly do it again after what the SFIV era wrought

I mean they can't possibly do it again after what the SFIV era wrought

profit?

Capcom does nothing for the fans, even if it means killing its own identity! Seen any Mega Man game recently? any mega man game with a decent budget in the last 13 years? and MM is the face of capcom

Capcom doesn't have the money for another failure. If SF V is not well received, doesn't sell that well or is just an overall bad game, that's it. Capcom is done for good.

good
maybe then they'll sell their IPs off to people who aren't incompetent

oh no a bunch of on-disc DLC that wasn't there before oh wait

With 4 patch updates around 7 GB to fix issues after launch as well.

Off: Was Assassins Creed unity, really THAT bad?

On: I want some characters from EX back TT.TT

Off: yes. yes it was. even discarding the female character controversy the game was just a buggy piece of poopoo

On: The EX characters are owned by a different company, Ariga. Capcom would need to pay for the licensing and aaahahahahahaha capcom spending more money than they need to

Speaking of licensing, what's the deal with the Alpha characters like Mika and Kairi? I always hear they have some kind of licensing issue too but don't quite get it.

I wasn't even aware that Mika had any sort of licensing.

I think Karin is owned by the creator of the Sakura Ganbare manga
so they'd need to license her out to use her

Mika has no such licensing required though iirc?

I always hear of the Karin issue, but, is that even a legitimate problem still? I could have sworn that was resolved. If anything, if they wanter in badly enough it will happen. Look at Strider eventually being out of MvC3 but making it into UMvC3 and getting another solo title.