• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

Capcom rarely makes reference colors to games that would be deemed as their competition
They literally just gave Blanka a Tizoc color on a costume that makes it very clear that it is Tizoc.
index.php

I mean its not like Aztecs existed before Mark of the Wolves or anything.

Yes, Aztecs, I was so foolish to think an alt color for an extra costume in a fighting game could ever be a reference to a popular fighting game character who the costume resembles to some degree when adorned with said colors. I missed that the Aztecs were known as the specifically red and white Gryphon culture, I'm glad you were here to correct me.

His V-Triggers are just pulling out weapons 10/10

I fucking called his v-triggers being the knife and pipe.

unknown.png

Am sad. He's very very different now and it bums me out, but I'm still gonna try to play the shit out of him.

he still has a projectile and an anti-air
his V-Skill just replaces Criminal Uppah cuz he upgraded that shit to Criminal Punishuh

Haggar wiped his record
he's a squeaky clean boi now
as far as elections
being the hero of Metro City probably gets you more votes than whatever schlub decides to run for Metro City mayor

Reactions: Shockdingo
I love his final fight costume

That new default is still fucking fantastic.
Apollo Justice color where

How did Cody get elected Mayor?
Doesn't he have a Criminal Record?
anyone can run for mayor actually.

plus, Cody both served his time and is a hero of Metro City. Haggar probably helped a lot with that.

Haggar probably managed to get his sentence reduced and vetted for him running for the office
and if Haggar's rooting for the guy, it's obvious the people are going to follow

holstein's a powerup/bonus item from a lot of older capcom games, like that windmill/shuriken one you'd see around too

Well, 30th Anniversary on PC isn't reading my hitbox's direction inputs properly... I can input the four directions, but it refuses to do diagonals. Arrow keys work fine diagonally. It also didn't register the hitbox's directions properly in the first place and didn't even assign any button to left by default, but at least I just had to config that.

Steam Controller Support makes it work better, at least, but it's really annoying to have to turn it on and off just to play one game.

Y'know what, I should probably just refund it and get it on PS4, PC has Fightcade and I'm not really going to use PC for local multiplayer.

Last edited:
I bought it but I got a refund. I’ll get it again when there’s a discount or an update brings in more content. Whichever of the two happens first, if either.

Rewinding a bit he seems to be talking about player skill levels, which means he could just be referring to the lowering of execution barriers, etc.

But yeah, modern Street Fighters trying to take a simpler approach is nothing new, look at 3S to IV.

He did get the Apollo color, surprising no one.

He did get the Apollo color, surprising no one.
I think the bigger surprise was him getting Athena and Godot colors.

That being said, I guess Cody doesn't have comebacks in these colors, he has turnabouts. (which I hope is accompanied by this music)

TURN THE BEAT VERDICT BACK!

One thing that's been nagging at the base of my brain... How did Bison rise to power and why does he want to conquer everything?!

One thing that's been nagging at the base of my brain... How did Bison rise to power and why does he want to conquer everything?!

So the basics I remember about Bison is that he was in that tribe of people able to use Soul Power, and he discovered that if he rejected all good in his soul he could instead control a much stronger version called Psycho Power. So he did and that rejected good side became it's own being, Rose.

Obviously it left him very evil and honestly I don't think he does shit for anything else than just "teh evulz".

Pretty much what Kawalorn said. His origin hasn't really been touched upon and there's some stuff that we're not sure if it's still canon. In old materials (unknown if it's still canon) he was said to have been born under an evil star, trained with an unknown master and two other students trying to suppress his foretold evil nature. Upon realizing that fighting against his evil nature was useless, he focused on the negative aspects of his soul, killed his master with a psycho crusher, and disappeared for a bit. He took soul power and crafted Psycho power. Some time later, he was being chased by authorities of an unknown country and disappeared behind state lines as a war broke out. He reemerged much later with Shadaloo and has been terrorizing the SF world for several decades. Things have been messed with and altered since then, but at some point later he comes into Rose's life. THAT'S where things get even more complicated. There's conflicting materials on the exact nature of Rose and Bison's connection. In some pieces he's been her master, in others she possesses the good half of his soul. In some, she first saw him and felt his presence in Italy, in others she knew him from a young age.

Shadaloo's been active for around 20+ years (with the recent implementation of the sliding timescale, things are not as direct with ages and birthdates, but the old material still should hold up) ; Blanka was born in 1966, his plane was felled due to Shadaloo involvement when he was around 10 (that's a super old piece of lore that recently was touched upon in the 30th anniversary edition) and the last bit of timeline we got with SF was that 3rd strike's events occurred in 1999.

Bison's been basically collecting people and resources for ages and in a faustian way, knows what people need and gives it to them. Balrog was broke and working as a bouncer in Vegas after his career his the skids, so he swept in and gave him purpose, he gave Vega direction and an opportunity to kill with abandon to satisfy his blood lust, Sagat was given the opportunity to get revenge on Ryu with all of Bison's tracking.

Interesting note, the Shadaloo troopers are treated surprisingly well, it's just that the dolls have no such luxuries. It's written in some of the lore sources that they'd sleep in boxes/crates, yet the troopers have movies nights, arcades and health coverage. Bison doesn't give a crap about loyalty, if you're strong and / or useful then you're good. Hence why he let FANG rise to the rank of Heavenly King of Shadaloo despite trying to kill him in their first encounter.

Sorta off topic, on the topic of lore discussion, I've done an analysis of G and Q. Despite G's story costume's similarities to Q, I feel they are separate people. Grab a snack and check it out if you've got some time to kill!

Reactions: KaboomKid
Again: it's belGer from Final Fight 1
Maybe he's his, buff, angry, more successful jingoistic brother with a better head of hair? We never did learn who Belger really was or how he got so stonkin' rich maybe he got loans from big bro G? lol, maybe G played it safe, gave his bro some cash, or solid gold sleeves to pawn off, kept out of Metro City and just chilled in Washington while building his fortune in real estate or sleeveless formal wear?

So Devil May Cry crossover coming with Purchase Costumes of DMC 4 Nero & Dante for Ed and Ken while Laura will be getting Gloria (aka Trish in disguise) as the Battle Costume after Ryu's Arthur finishes. Then Rashid gets made to look hilarious as Air Man from Mega Man II as a second Battle Costume after the Gloria one is finished.

Changes to Survival are coming as well:
  • Battle Goods (Consumable items to aid you in completing runs)
  • Pay 1,000 Fight Money to continue after being defeated in a run
  • When continuing, you get full Health, V-Gauge and Full EX-Gauge
  • Save your Progress after clearing a stage
  • Can now choose to keep the same path of Enemies or have them be random opponents (Note this does not affect the bosses scattered throughout the mode)
  • Random will add in the Season 1, 2 and 3 (and later 4 & 5) Characters as possible opponents
  • Unused V-Gauge will carry over now like unused EX-Gauge

Sadly now...SF V is getting infested with Loot Boxes as well. It's called Fighting Chance and has Menat pulling out her Crystal Ball and reading your Fortune. There are 6 possible rewards, some being only obtainable in this mode:
  • Battle Goods for Survival Mode
  • Unique Colors that can not be bought
  • New Costumes for the characters (Cammy is getting her outfit from the game Cannon Spike as the first one)
  • New Artwork
More costumes & Colors will be added later to it, but at 500 fight money a reading some people will be broke fast when it comes to their Fight Money. Less ways to earn it is hindering players.

Interested to see the costumes and colors

also the DMC costumes look very very good.

The completion

nsxdgq5ebzd11.jpg

Dude's a charge character. Wants to rebuild pangaea and become president of it. What a glorious bastard.

Reactions: Armageddon11
G confirmed for charge character in Smash with a Burst to get out of combos.

Vergeben: "A character in concept known as "The President""

"every charge you build will strengthen my voice" tells me that he either gains charges that he can spend on special moves or that he's like Meitenkun in KoF14 and that his moves gain strength the longer you do the charge input

holy shit that's Del the Funky Homosapien

G is so fuckin' good. MAXIMUM PRESIDENT