• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

Ono just wants to reveal another female character soon so he has an excuse to cosplay as them at the event, which I welcome wholeheartedly.

Ono is a showman. Which is rare for a Japanese developer. Make fun of him all you want but he knows what he's doing and its shown to be effective.
That's why I enjoy the guy. Seriously, it's not just the prevalence of info on the internet, but compared to past creators and developers for SF, I know more and see more of him than anyone else. Puts himself out there and isn't afraid to have a joke at his own expense. He's got this enthusiasm and drive that I hope I can have for any future career.

Ono is a showman. Which is rare for a Japanese developer. Make fun of him all you want but he knows what he's doing and its shown to be effective.
He's less of a showman and more of a dangerously insane man.

i'm not saying i don't like Ono. I'm just saying he's goofy and weird. nothing wrong with that.

edit: also the blackberry pie is all gone. took less than a day for it to be eaten by three people.

New stage revealed. Me likes. I always was a sucker for mountains and lakes.

0531517244272629ef7942ff73bbeb4f.png

689ee1edc5e53bfd16fb8d436e6f8a97.png
Also, creepy smiling sheep...

Last edited:
It was based on new zealand...

But if we receive a Brazil Stage, Sean/Oro, Oro/blanka or Sean/Blanka are the most obvious

But if we receive a Brazil Stage, Sean/Oro, Oro/blanka or Sean/Blanka are the most obvious
doesn't DeeJay have a Brazil stage in Alpha 3 though?

New stage revealed. Me likes. I always was a sucker for mountains and lakes.

0531517244272629ef7942ff73bbeb4f.png

689ee1edc5e53bfd16fb8d436e6f8a97.png
Also, creepy smiling sheep...
So SFV is getting it's own version of the clog and sheep stage from KOF 2000?

Wasn't one of the new characters in the Ken Bogard leak Brazilian?

They already said the location of the stages aren't tied to the characters' country of origin.
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2015/...lection-process-users-only-need-own-one-disc/
"Every character won't have a stage based on them, but we will be staying true to the Street Fighter franchise in bringing new locations throughout the globe to the game in the form of new stages, but there won't be parity between characters and stages.

Street Fighter V beta is online only, no PS3 sticks (final product unconfirmed, they're probably jumpy from IV) and it's just the 6 characters from E3 so anyone holding out for that Eagle leak can drop it. Cammy and Birdie are being delayed until the 25th as to test content delivery.

Personal note being if you have a PS4 pre-ordering on Amazon is free and gets you a key in NA. SA needs to pre-order on PSN, Europe you have to sign up on their site for a chance.

Additionally when the game starts you choose a character and sit in training room until a match is found which allows you to reselect your character.

I'm afraid there will be some problem having quality time in training room with that system.

Street Fighter V beta is online only, no PS3 sticks (final product unconfirmed, they're probably jumpy from IV) and it's just the 6 characters from E3 so anyone holding out for that Eagle leak can drop it. Cammy and Birdie are being delayed until the 25th as to test content delivery.

Personal note being if you have a PS4 pre-ordering on Amazon is free and gets you a key in NA. SA needs to pre-order on PSN, Europe you have to sign up on their site for a chance.

I ain't dropping shit until anime expo / Evo. lol

Additionally when the game starts you choose a character and sit in training room until a match is found which allows you to reselect your character.
Forgot to mention this, sorry, was distracted. I'm disappointed there is no offline but I understand this is a network test, that said I don't understand why you can't play sets with friends online.

I ain't dropping shit until anime expo / Evo. lol
If you're going to believe a leak take the Bogard one. Also, AX happened, you mean SDCC, and there are several reasons that leak doesn't work. I've got nothing against Eagle, hell I want Urien, but it's nonsense. Not that those characters necessarily aren't happening.

Forgot to mention this, sorry, was distracted. I'm disappointed there is no offline but I understand this is a network test, that said I don't understand why you can't play sets with friends online.

You've already answered your own question: It's an online beta test and they probably want people playing with a wide variety of other people to properly test things.

If you go into the training mode and then disconnect from the network, I wonder if it will kick you from TM or let you stay and practice. My guess is that it will all require a network connection

I can't imagine it won't kick you from the training room without a connection since the entire focus is matchmaking. Would be nice if you could lock yourself in training mode for some time though, but play testing isn't the point.

You've already answered your own question: It's an online beta test and they probably want people playing with a wide variety of other people to properly test things.
I should have been more specific, since they're testing multiple things in one test I don't understand player matches wouldn't be on that list at some point during the test while content delivery is. There are multiple betas, yes, I just find the priorities odd.

Obviously you would want to force quick match for a portion at the least for the reason they are doing it.

Well, that answers that. Why not use Brazil as a basis for Brazil though? I should watch things before making assumptions.

Morrigan confirmed for SFV.

É NOIIS PORRA!!!

Sorry, i needed to do that.

And why substitute the Christ statue with that gold thing that is probably a football reference?
Rio de Janeiro, while i've never been there personally (Brazil is pretty big, so you can't expect a brazilian to go to every place on Brazil), it seems a very accurate and stereotypical image at the same time.

And, Sean confirmed, i don't care if the stages aren't connected to the characters, Sean is confirmed.

So we get a New Zealand stage?

Does that mean we get a stereotypical maori fighter that fights by doing the haka?

Actually is there a single Kiwi or Australian character in the whole series? I can't think of a single one.

give us a Maori fighter and make the Haka like Thor's Mighty Speech from Marvel
except if you do the whole thing you just win the match

I kind of wish the Brazil stage wasn't based on Rio. Sure the rest of the country looks like shit, but it doesn't get enough exposure.

I kind of wish the Brazil stage wasn't based on Rio. Sure the rest of the country looks like shit, but it doesn't get enough exposure.
Come on, we have a lot of beautiful places. =P

É NOIIS PORRA!!!

Sorry, i needed to do that.

And why substitute the Christ statue with that gold thing that is probably a football reference?
Rio de Janeiro, while i've never been there personally (Brazil is pretty big, so you can't expect a brazilian to go to every place on Brazil), it seems a very accurate and stereotypical image at the same time.

And, Sean confirmed, i don't care if the stages aren't connected to the characters, Sean is confirmed.

Jesus is probably controversial and/or the statue's copyrighted or something. Though it would be fitting for M. Bison to have replaced it with a likeness of himself at some point.

If the Christo Redentor was replaced with a Bison statue I would kill everyone at Capcom. I'm irked enough with the change as is.

And the $1,800 PS4s.

Lol man that 120% gambling tax they put on video games there is brutal. It's the reason the games are all pirated. You had to spend all your damn money on the console.

Don't even bring up the Olympics at Rio. I got a bone to pick with that shit. I was mad enough with them hosting the World Cup. But that's off topic.

Back