• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

I was a little harsh and overexaggerating, but they would need to completely overhaul the character to make her work
Naw its ok...but overhaul wise I think she just needs a better story that to some doesn't seem BS like. Albeit I for one kinda like the idea that she has the same power as Bison only its the original purified form or something... just change up a lot of the other stuff that balances the stuff out I feel so she doesn't seem like she's got it all. Just an opinion not fact I in no way declare what I say will work or be better then anyone else's input....just as long as she played the same and looked the same Id be happy as long as her stories thought through more.

It's not secret I'm not a fan of hers, but I'm also a believer in the concept of there "being no bad characters, but bad choices" If kept as is, I'd be fine with her getting her own IP not connected to Street Fighter where she could blossom into her own. If keeping her in Street Fighter, here's what I'd do;

-Make Alpha 3 Upper not canon (already with Yun/Yang in there and having it been explained away as a Fei Long film is...weird)

-Redesign her from the ground up, or at least keep her visuals, but ditch the literal goddess part. Maybe make her "princess-like" but don't have her be 12-14. Maybe age her up to her 20s and have her be from a currently unrepresented nation in Street Fighter. (Maybe make her Eastern European? What is the regional origin of the name Ingrid anyways?)

-Have her have no connections to Shadaloo since a pure form of psycho power is literally Soul Power, we've got Rose for that. I would rather have her be part of Gill's Illuminati since there's so little we know of them and we only have a few members playable. They have various ranked members and everyone fights for their position (Urien is the President, but due to Gill's flair and leadership and being slightly better at leading and such, they made Gill the emperor), make her a young prodigy that is the holder of one of the 66 secret styles (maybe instead of fire attacks, she could have moves based upon light?)

-The Secret Society/ Illuminati members are connected to various high society positions on the outside world, so on the outside, Ingrid's family could have a feud, rivalry with another rich family, maybe a now grow up Karin is the owner of the family Zaibatsu and Ingrid is her direct, foreign rival.

Bam, you've got the character with a whole new lease on life, room for her story to grow, and none of the polarizing elements (her not being superior to Bison, having none existent origin, time travel) and a connection to a past character or two that can allow her growth.

Beta test is now postponed. From the blog.
To be clear, this first beta test attempt will not count toward our previously announced beta test allotments. There will still be at least three full beta tests prior to the game’s launch. So for those in the Americas that feel disappointed that they were not able to experience their pre-order incentive, there will be plenty of opportunities prior to launch to experience the game.

Additionally, we are working on a worthwhile in-game incentive for the players that participated in the first beta test. While we can't confirm specifics just yet, we will have more details on this in the coming weeks.

Imagine that there is some sort of god, creature, or demon, some war entity. And that creature is the source of the "satsui no hado" powers. (we already have ingrid as the original source of the psycho power, right?) Now, imagine that in acient times, that creature was worshipped not by one, but a lot of tribes and different cultures in general, is not hard to assume that the ansatsuken, that in its original form taps the satsui no hado started as some sort of cult in the ancient Japan, and that by coincidence (or any other reason really), that creature is worshipped by Necalli's people/tribe or whatever. And what makes me think of that, the way he holds ken's head in the trailer, is like he is doing some sort of offering, or sacrifice, to some sort of deity. But hey, is just a theory...

Can we imbed vines on these forums? Here's Necalli's info card;

https://vine.co/v/eXnPHQAz676

"Emissary of the gods".

Just putting this here, my theory kinda makes sense now. =P

Reactions: Shockdingo
Emissary of the gods most likely makes his V-Trigger a possessing entity of some sort, and takes away the possibility of him getting his powers as an Illuminati experiment, however he could be the basis for the modifications to Gil, in theory. Or have nothing to do with the illuminati, similarities to Gil are a coincidence, but the illuminati likely being story prevalent there must likely be some sort of interaction.

....Animal possession?
Necalli confirmed for animal orphanage owner
Bison made new leather boots out of one of Necalli's cows, so he's on a rampage so right things...by killing everyone. God help us all if anyone messes with Q's sheep.

7NPCmv3.png

(always looking for an excuse to post my manip)

Necalli was Q all along. The new mystery is how he got the braids in the hat and mask.

The mask is bigger on the inside.

His hat uses Tardis technology! :o

Damn, i was seconds too slow. xD

SAY WHAAAAAAAAAAAA-?!

looks like someone got some new target combos and some fancy moves.

That's it. This is all I needed in that game. Nothing now will be able to dissuade me from buying this game.

I see from his trailer that his V-Trigger is a rose toss that gives combo opportunities. Seems like a 1-use thing like Charlies teleport.

What's with his face though?

Last edited:
I can't be the only one who is actually pretty surprised by this, right?

You're not. As much as I love that guy I knew he had near 0 chance of appearing in this game.

Vega's cool, I just cannot for the life of me grasp how to play him.
I only played him briefly in SFIV but if I recall right he was way too fast for my tiny brain to handle.
And then I played Abel lol

I hope this is it for characters that were in SF4, unless they put DeeJay in of course.

edit: looks like Vega and Necalli will be playable this week at Gamescon so we'll prob see some new gameplay footage roll out soon

But... Vega was in Street Fighter 4...
So how can he be back if he never left?

And, about chun, she will be my main probably, and i kinda agree that she is kinda lacking
Why?

why her fireball is still a charge move?
So it can be really strong without being busted?

while i don't see this as something really bad, i think that the way chun is build now, pressing back to keep a charge is not a good thing.
Why?

I want something that makes chun li "The strongest woman in the world" as she should be.
Yay OP characters?.?

Reactions: mcpeanuts
Reactions: Shockdingo
Hey look, another guy who's v-skill is throwing shit.

Hey look, another guy who's v-skill is throwing shit.
It's not though.

But... Vega was in Street Fighter 4...
So how can he be back if he never left?
Because there was a time when he wasn't in SFV. At least in it's public form.
Also....apparently he cant pick up his claw after it gets knocked off anymore, but he can switch between claw-out and sheathed on command. I wonder if he gets it back after a round is finished.

Why?

So it can be really strong without being busted?

Why?

Yay OP characters?.?

She doesn't seem as deffensive as she was in 4 or something like that, but the charge is not really the worst aspect for me, i can live with that (even if i suck with charges)

And i'm not talking about giving something OP to chun li, but more about giving something new, something cool.

You know, ryu has the denjin mode, which is cool, cammy can do crazy stuff, Ken is more stylish, Nash is a complete different character, Birdie too, but chun li, she her moves hit twice, yeay, i guess, and that is enough for me, but i really wish i could get more, she was the least popular character in the beta, because she looks obsolete compared to the rest of the cast.

I mean, she is not weak in the balance aspects, it seems, but she is weak in the "let's do something cool with the character" aspect.

You know, ryu has the denjin mode, which is cool, cammy can do crazy stuff, Ken is more stylish, Nash is a complete different character, Birdie too, but chun li, she her moves hit twice, yeay, i guess, and that is enough for me, but i really wish i could get more, she was the least popular character in the beta, because she looks obsolete compared to the rest of the cast.

She's a student of Gen's. Yang and Yun have Genei jin. Her V-Trigger is essentially Genei Jin. Frankly, the only thing disappointing is her V-Skill. I've heard it's good gameplay wise, but it looks really boring.

She's a student of Gen's. Yang and Yun have Genei jin. Her V-Trigger is essentially Genei Jin. Frankly, the only thing disappointing is her V-Skill. I've heard it's good gameplay wise, but it looks really boring.
Her v-trigger looks boring to me, in the sense, that doesn't have a cool effect too, they just added the hitsparks, with Yun and Yang they had cool effects for they buffed modes.

Her v-trigger looks boring to me, in the sense, that doesn't have a cool effect too, they just added the hitsparks, with Yun and Yang they had cool effects for they buffed modes.

I guess I'll have to agree. From all the characters so far Chun-Li definitely is the most boring to watch. She's got the least ammount of flashy or unique stuff.

Last edited:
When the fuck is Dhalsim

Necro would be fine too

Oh man, there was a necro player destroying people at Maxout over the weekend. I was confused as fuck.

Well that was out of the blue. Vega's awesome though, so he's definitely a welcome addition.

Kind of meh on another SF2 character. This makes character reveal #9 in the initial 16 character roster. Four was confirmed to be completely new characters and only one of those were revealed so far which means three of the remaining slots are reserved for them. This leaves four slots left for any returning SF characters. Hopefully the Siliconera leak pulls through and it's SF3/Alpha characters that havn't appeared in SFIV.

Nah, my Necro stupid clean tho.
I have been on the receiving end of your Necro and I think I only won 1 round out of like, 10....
matches.