• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

Half Circles aren't that bad in SF5, I was playing Birdie on pad ( im a stick player i hate pads ) during this weeks stress test and had no issues doing his Half Circle specials or cancelling into his HCFx2 Critical Art, things felt pretty lenient. As long as there's no pretzel inputs I'm happy because those are just plain stupid.

IIRC they stated there'd be no 360 motions right? Or am I just making that up? Maybe it was no 720's?

What's the deal with the crouch throw?
Guess she has a different neutral throw animation on crouching opponents.

Anyone know if that's a new across the board thing for all characters or is it just unique to her? Because if the latter, that's neat.

Guess she has a different neutral throw animation on crouching opponents.

Anyone know if that's a new across the board thing for all characters or is it just unique to her? Because if the latter, that's neat.
I think it's unique to her. It looks like that Kawada Driver Mika did at :21 is her throw that she uses when the opponent's crouching, while the standing grab is the Daydream Headlock that she's had since Alpha 3.

One of her round victory poses.
mika2w8sue.gif

That evo chart doesn't mean something in specific really. And, double half circles? meh, better than 720....

She sounds like Pamela Adlon to me, but I could very probably be wrong about that

I'm loving everything about Mika right now. Could she become my main instead of chun? Who knows.

Was discussing Mika's super with Sotherius yesterday, and I had assumed her super was an actual grab, because command grabs are half circles I thought it could be 2 half circles but then immediately dismissed the idea because that would be stupid, even on a Hit Box a 360 is just way easier.

I mean, with the input leniency this game has, it will probably be fine, but it's still dumb.

Reactions: majorgalaxy
I think it's unique to her. It looks like that Kawada Driver Mika did at :21 is her throw that she uses when the opponent's crouching, while the standing grab is the Daydream Headlock that she's had since Alpha 3.

Might be cool if the crouch throw has better properties. AFAIK SF5 still has crouch teching (as in you can tech throws out of a crouch, not the SF4 meaning of "crouch tech") but maybe not Mika's.

I was looking for some R. Mika fan art, and i've come across this piece of what i suppose to be a page of some UDON comic...

tumblr_lmq092r3d41qed21xo1_500.jpg

Found it pretty funny =P.

Also, i was looking for some chun li matches footage on the beta, the best i could find was this:

So isn't the beta actually starting today or something?

4 PM PST, goes until Wednesday.

Nah, that "leak" got blown out of the water at the Evo panel. There was a graphic that showed the roster divided into three color coded groups: 8 characters in green (so far these have all been SF2 characters, but it has been speculated that it may include any SF4 vets, as well), 4 in blue (only Alpha characters have been revealed for this section so far, but it might be for returning characters who WEREN'T in SF4), and then the 4 newcomers in purple.

So, while there are three spots remaining, two of them will either be SF2 originals or SF4 veterans depending on how stupid Capcom decides to be, leaving only one roster spot left to accomodate any of the remaining three characters that Siliconera reported, meaning we could still get Karin, Alex, OR Urien, but it is unlikely given the current evidence that we'll be seeing all three at launch.

How do you "debunk" somebody else's supposed 'leak' with a bunch of almost baseless speculation via colored backgrounds on a powerpoint slide?

Neither one has proof of anything.

Hey guys, in the stage select shows the hours and the wheater.So snowy Rio de Janeiro confirmed.

Reactions: Shockdingo
How do you "debunk" somebody else's supposed 'leak' with a bunch of almost baseless speculation via colored backgrounds on a powerpoint slide?

Basic pattern recognition and deduction.

There are three color blocks. Each block follows a pattern (green only has SF2 characters who were also in SF4, blue only has returning characters who weren't in SF4, purple is obviously denoting the new characters). The color coding is obviously there for a reason and it's easy to deduce what that reason is just by looking at it.

To deny otherwise would just be willfully obtuse.

Reactions: BallotBoxer
Hopefully there will be a PC beta

The pc beta will be later, if capcom can be trusted.

Also, they need to do a crossplay beta to test, well, the crossplay. =P

Bit more footage of R Mika gameplay

Edit
Here is the twitch footage from earlier today in YT format.

Last edited:
Bit more footage of R Mika gameplay

What is up with her breasts at 7:48?

What is up with her breasts at 7:48?
Is the effect on the KO screen causing distortion in the image, i would guess.

Or the pause happened between frames, and goofed out. =P

sounds like the same one for SF4/

Bailey Chun-Li and Hebert Ryu.
The voice actors are not the problem, is the VA direction...

She sounds like Pamela Adlon to me, but I could very probably be wrong about that

It sounds like Maile Flanagan judging by the screams of her attacks.

Are the character's models slightly different in the entrances and outro scenes? Cause in those R. Mika's dumb boob window being in the shape of a heart is actually noticeable, but in every single second of gameplay I struggle seeing it at 1/4's speed and zooming in.

Are the character's models slightly different in the entrances and outro scenes? Cause in those R. Mika's dumb boob window being in the shape of a heart is actually noticeable, but in every single second of gameplay I struggle seeing it at 1/4's speed and zooming in.
The 3d models are the same.

Basic pattern recognition and deduction.

There are three color blocks. Each block follows a pattern (green only has SF2 characters who were also in SF4, blue only has returning characters who weren't in SF4, purple is obviously denoting the new characters). The color coding is obviously there for a reason and it's easy to deduce what that reason is just by looking at it.

To deny otherwise would just be willfully obtuse.

For all you know the Blue could be "Characters who have major gameplay remakes" and the green is "characters who retain their core gameplay from previous games" in which case you have no idea who the other characters will be. That's honestly what I thought it was but I fully expect I could be wrong. Point is you can read multiple different meanings into the colors on the chart.

Reactions: BallotBoxer
Isn't Vega pretty different, though?
I mean, he's a stance character now, for one
that's pretty different

Also, There is the possibility of green being: Main SF series (sf2, 3 and 4), and blue being spin off sf series, like alpha 1 to 3 and the ex series.

Or there is the possibility of that division meaning nothing, and just being a background made in 5 minutes, since the vertical division is not exact, cutting trough some of the character slots.