• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

And we got Kars, so next up is AC/DC.

Surprising absolutely no one.

This would be the place to reveal Karin if she is going to be our last "long time no see". I can't imagine they're showing off another brand new character.

Aw jeez here we go

COpV6xuXAAAy1ax.jpg:large

Nice. I hope we get to see everyone in the initial roster before next year.
5 characters left, game comes out in spring, there are a minimum of 3 events left this year off the top of my head, so it's possible but it would be kind of strange to put them all out and then have nothing to reveal for months.

Unless they also start announcing day-1 downloadables.

Wouldn't be surprised if they had like 4 ready on launch. Would make forcing people to buy them instead of farming easier.

Reactions: shoryusatsu999
Rashid looks really really fun.

I agree
I hope we get to see everyone in the initial roster before next year.
I don't, but we probably will. Unless we get the game in early february, we'd have months of a dry period.....unless the final beta last a month. That or we just get DLC announcements, which I seriously doubt Capcom would do at this point. That said, I wouldnt be that surprised if it happened. All the dlc characters will technically be free so it's not like people can really complain about disc locked content or capcom holding back parts of the game.

Speaking of DLC, who are the top 5 characters you dont think will make the first 16 but want as DLC?

• Necro
  • Q
  • Elena -[looks at capcom] preferrably not in a thong*
  • Rose -[looks at capcom] preferrably not in a thong*
  • Hakan

*unless they have proper clothes over them[/QUOTE]

Rose is classy, they won't change her to something like poison...

But elena, she already uses really small clothes.

What i want?

Makoto, Makoto, Makoto, Rose, Q, Dudley, and Oni being a complete replacement for Akuma...

Rose is classy, they won't change her to something like poison...

But elena, she already uses really small clothes.

What i want?

Makoto, Makoto, Makoto, Rose, Q, Dudley, and Oni being a complete replacement for Akuma...
Yeah I kinda want Akuma to become more like Oni as well, though I personally hope it's more of a hybrid than a complete replacement. Akuma without air fireballs seems sorta wrong, ya know?.

So what's with all the KoF vibes this game has?

Meh, all the series borrow from each other at some point or another. As long as they don't do a straight copy with no unique aspects I'm cool with it.

I'm not complaining, or even saying the series don't take from each other. It's just weird that there has been as much KoF stuff as there has been.

Besides, it's not like we're ever getting a real SNK game ever again, so go for it.

I'm not complaining, or even saying the series don't take from each other. It's just weird that there has been as much KoF stuff as there has been.

Besides, it's not like we're ever getting a real SNK game ever again, so go for it.
Dont lose hope. At least not until the company that bought them starts doing hentai. Then all hope is lost....

It's a Chinese food company that's been acquiring game companies to start up a mobile division. I'm not going to lie to myself about the future.

I'm not too familiar with KOF (only played a bit of 13), but were do you see KOF? It doesn't really look like 13 but 13 looks different from every other KOF game I've seen.

It's a Chinese food company that's been acquiring game companies to start up a mobile division. I'm not going to lie to myself about the future.
I'm just trying to be positive. Maybe they'll use their reserves from their mobile cash cows to make a new KOF.....once every 10 years.....

I'm not too familiar with KOF (only played a bit of 13), but were do you see KOF? It doesn't really look like 13 but 13 looks different from every other KOF game I've seen.
Rashid has at least one of Joe's old moves pretty directly, Nash got Genocide Kick, Ken got Rugal's design to some extent, Necalli is pretty reminiscent of claw Iori and a little bit of Yamazaki, thought you can argue Wolverine and I'm not going to say you're wrong.

I know I'm forgetting some things.

Edit: Rashid's alpha counter is just roll cancelling his guard, than you for reminding me @Sotherius

I'm just trying to be positive. Maybe they'll use their reserves from their mobile cash cows to make a new KOF.....once every 10 years.....
Well, they were supposedly making a KoF the past couple years so I guess it's possible they didn't just throw it away.

But Yamazaki, Shermie and Vanessa will still be absent, as will not boss mode Rugal, so eh.

Last edited:
Rashid looks like he's a cool guy.
it's just a shame that the comments thread of his reveal trailer from Sony is the worst thing ever.

I'll probably main him. from what little they've shown, he looks like a fun character with a great personality.
I am certain his theme is based off Arabian Nights.
just look at that genie ass looking super.

Last edited:
Rashid is for sure unique. I like him a lot.

Shows more personality than a lot of the main cast.

Rashid does look great, it took me a month or two to warm up to Necalli but I already want to play Rashid, probably not as a main, but he looks fun.

he really looks like one of the palace guards from Aladdin.
now I wanna see him go "HE'S GOT THE MONKEYS! LET'S SEE THE MONKEYS!"

also, how come some people think he's a villain? from the dialogue has vs Ryu and Chunners, he comes off as a really nice guy and very cheerful. definitely not villain material. it could be because Necalli being more of an antagonist and the fact that Rashid was the 2nd character revealed of the new guys.

Last edited:
how come some people think he's a villain?
His likes include friends and his win quote against Bison is politely asking him to return a kidnap victim, so that seems unlikely.

Reactions: Shockdingo
His likes include friends and his win quote against Bison is politely asking him to return a kidnap victim, so that seems unlikely.
dammit he's too nice!
HOW CAN WE COMBAT SUCH A FOE?!

Reactions: Shockdingo
Hoping at tokyo game show they reveal a japanese character...

Where the fuck is Karin

Well, if they continue with the jojo characters, Rose and Juri are confirmed. =P

Where the fuck is Karin
Hopefully at TGS.

I bet Juri will come to the V
Not at launch, pretty much confirmed, but she'll be DLC before long.

I'm curious about who you all are most interested in maining. Obviously things could change, but who do yall expect to main at the moment?

I usually "main" three or so characters so my choices are

• R.Mika
  • Vega
  • Rashid
I'm considering Nash; he's fun to watch, but I dont know if I'll enjoy plaing him......plus he seems like a prick in this game and personality is important to me. Vega is just lovably psychotic :P

Been loving Nash in the Beta, so will probably keep him to some extent. Been enjoying Birdie a lot but it will between him and Mika to see who I like more, currently leaning toward Mika just from footage. The only definite main I have right now is Vega, I enjoy him as a charge character but him changing to motions excites me, the idea of walking up and FBAing people as well as having a grounded command grab sounds great.

Necalli and Rashid definitely look worth trying at the very least, but neither strike me as main material yet, will have to see when I get to my hands on them as well as what other characters are to come. Assuming Karin is in and she keeps all the stuff she had she is a definite main as well, but assuming anyone at this point would be foolish.

Have to have Mika to some extent I suppose as all of my friends, and even my wife, are playing her so wrestling matches, especially with instant kills, are going to be a part of this game for me. Wrestlers are like boxers, they are usually guaranteed fun in fighting games.

I'm curious about who you all are most interested in maining. Obviously things could change, but who do yall expect to main at the moment?

I usually "main" three or so characters so my choices are

• R.Mika
  • Vega
  • Rashid
I'm considering Nash; he's fun to watch, but I dont know if I'll enjoy plaing him......plus he seems like a prick in this game and personality is important to me. Vega is just lovably psychotic :P

I'm going to pick...

Chun Li: I have history with the girl (life savior in mvc3 arcade mode), and i like her character/story in general, i just need to get charges.

Mika: i got hype by her trailer, and how she looks and moves in the game. She is also beautiful.

Cammy: beautiful, and now she has makoto super, so at least i'll keep playing with something that belogs to makoto, and i also like her character/backstory

If Ryu had his Donkey kick and Shin-Shoryuken, he would be a character i would pick.

I want to play rushdown, which at the moment looks like cammy. I might play a grappler, too. So I guess I'm Team Butt.

If Ryu had his Donkey kick and Shin-Shoryuken, he would be a character i would pick.
I think we need to accept that kick is never coming back because how dare Ryu have any variety ever.

When we get multiple CAs sometime in the future I imagine Shin-Shoryuken will be among the first.

Also, repping team waifu, I see.

At this stage it's looking like Chun or Ryu and Mika a distant third for me. Still looking for more, and I'll definitely be trying most of the cast before I make a choice.

Except Claw. Claw can go Barcelona roll off a cliff.