• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

Are you telling me you wouldn't fuck those 6 out of 7 dudes?
well, Necalli does give me that vaypahs.

with that long flowing hair, shorts and no shirt.

he's like one of my american romance novella covers for ladies!

Reactions: Ktulu
Oh, I was gonna say Ken
because he is happily married with a son
and going with him puts you into a pretty scandalous affair
buuut yeah OK Vega sure
:y

She doesn't need to know.

don't be about the NTR life
you'll catch a knife to the uterus

Reactions: Ktulu
So, uh... When's Parappa going to be revealed as PS exclusive guest?

Guys lets hold ours primitive internet urges of keep discussing an endless topic not really relevant, but wonder how Sean will look in SFV. Or...
facepalm.jpg

Prof. Xavier will feel disapointed

Just realized R Mika builds V gauge after starting her v skill and again if the mic hits. And it's a decent chunk each.
Bonus huge chunk if she armors thru something. Which means building up stunners is nothing.

in this video game of guy that can flash kick a mountain in half, killing intent making your magic karate bullshit even stronger, an engine in someone's eye, a man who has unflammable oil, and Rufus, I'm sure this alternate outfit of Chun-Li is not gonna hurt anything involving the physics of the Street Fighter universe.
Dont forget the kinda depressed kinda not prisoner that's so fucking cool he can tornadoes with his fists.

Dont forget the kinda depressed kinda not prisoner that's so fucking cool he can tornadoes with his fists.
and breaks out with his fucking bare hands.

And so fucking strong that even a demon recognizes him as a worthy oponent. =P

but he can't break those cuffs
or the cuffs
of the past

but he can't break those cuffs
well, technically he doesn't need to since the locks don't work.

The handcuffs are actually a limiter.

If he takes them off he'll be able to wield two knives at once while simultaneously have tornadoes spinning around him.

Mika moveset/commands if anyone's interested

tumblr_nttp61cRI11qe2qqzo1_500.jpg

You're kind of late on that one.

Alex's hyper bomb in third strike is a 360....

I said that before.
No, I'm saying super inputs are a double input for what what the equivalent move is, assuming there is an equivalent. A logical input for double a half circle is a full circle, and as said, there is precedent, Power Bomb to Hyper Bomb. If command grabs are now half circles for the sake of leniency then the super should be a standing 360 because that is more lenient. Rainbow Typhoon and Brimstone are command grabs that are half circles, as are Killing Head, Bull Revenger and Grand Izuna drop, the only grabs not bound to half circle that we know of are hit grabs unless someone has demonstrated the exact properties of Mika's move set and I have missed it.

As I stated in the post you replied to there is exact precedent, the super version of Power Bomb (HCB+P) is 360+P.

My apologies then. I thought you were saying that a double hc super could be done with a single 360. I also didn't realize Alex's super was a 360. I never played him in SFIII and my only experience with him is TvC. I stand corrected. And it seems I misread her command list so, once again, my apologies concerning that.

However, I disagree concerning your reasoning for the input. Alex's hyper bomb, while a precedent, is not the norm; it's really an oddball when compared to other moves in the series. Using that reasoning a qc special should be a hc that ends with :U: when used as a super. Even if it was a standard :HCF: it would mean starting the input in a way you normally wouldnt since you'd begin with:B: instead of :D:. With the exception of some charge moves and z-motions (dp, rdp, etc), moves that have a super version usually double the motion: 360-> (360x2)720, hc->hcx2, qcb->qcbx2, etc. I can understand your argument that two half circles equals a circle (if you use one continuous movement, though it's not the norm), but the method currently used in SFV is by no means illogical nor is it unprecedented.

I completely forgot we had direction emotes here. I'll probably use those from now on

Man I'm still freaking out over Mika i'm just gonna faint when/if they announce anymore characters like Ingrid/Karin

I need a life alert necklace for over-hype, fuck

Reactions: Sotherius
My apologies then. I thought you were saying that a double hc super could be done with a single 360. I also didn't realize Alex's super was a 360. I never played him in SFIII and my only experience with him is TvC. I stand corrected. And it seems I misread her command list so, once again, my apologies concerning that.

However, I disagree concerning your reasoning for the input. Alex's hyper bomb, while a precedent, is not the norm; it's really an oddball when compared to other moves in the series. Using that reasoning a qc special should be a hc that ends with :U: when used as a super. Even if it was a standard :HCF: it would mean starting the input in a way you normally wouldnt since you'd begin with:B: instead of :D:. With the exception of some charge moves and z-motions (dp, rdp, etc), moves that have a super version usually double the motion: 360-> (360x2)720, hc->hcx2, qcb->qcbx2, etc. I can understand your argument that two half circles equals a circle (if you use one continuous movement, though it's not the norm), but the method currently used in SFV is by no means illogical nor is it unprecedented.

I completely forgot we had direction emotes here. I'll probably use those from now on

I think 360s are the best option compared to double half circles for various reasons.

1- If they wanted to simplify the inputs, thing that combofiend mentioned a lot of times, two half circles is a slower and more difficult input than a 360.
2-grappler players are used to 360s, more than 2 half circles, in general, is a nice way to put them into the game without making the game too hard. Even in a game with simple inputs like Skullgirls, a grappler still has a 360.
3- Punishing things. if you compare a clean 360 with a clean double half circle, a 360 will be slightly faster, so, punishing things with a super becomes more viable.
4- Churning that butter. =P
5-The only reason someone would have a more difficult time with a 360 in comparison with a double half circle, is that person jumping by accident, and that can be solved with 360 detection, if they really want to simplify the inputs.
6- it would fit the consistency, even charge characters in sfV, have double quarter circle motions as their supers instead of charge supers(bison and chun li), so it makes sense that mika's super, becomes a 360, or a double quarter circle, but a double quarter circle is not something that would fit a grappler really.

Double inputs are a tradition for supers in SF. But a lot of those traditions, are stupid.

SF3 was a good step towards supers in general, there isn't a single charge super in the game (and sfIV has a lot), there are few (or maybe one only?) 720 super, etc and etc, and i don't remember a single double half circle super, even half circle motions characters like dudley or ibuki had their supers as double motions.

I think 360s are the best option compared to double half circles for various reasons.

1- If they wanted to simplify the inputs, thing that combofiend mentioned a lot of times, two half circles is a slower and more difficult input than a 360.
2-grappler players are used to 360s, more than 2 half circles, in general, is a nice way to put them into the game without making the game too hard. Even in a game with simple inputs like Skullgirls, a grappler still has a 360.
3- Punishing things. if you compare a clean 360 with a clean double half circle, a 360 will be slightly faster, so, punishing things with a super becomes more viable.
4- Churning that butter. =P
5-The only reason someone would have a more difficult time with a 360 in comparison with a double half circle, is that person jumping by accident, and that can be solved with 360 detection, if they really want to simplify the inputs.
6- it would fit the consistency, even charge characters in sfV, have double quarter circle motions as their supers instead of charge supers(bison and chun li), so it makes sense that mika's super, becomes a 360, or a double quarter circle, but a double quarter circle is not something that would fit a grappler really.

Double inputs are a tradition for supers in SF. But a lot of those traditions, are stupid.

SF3 was a good step towards supers in general, there isn't a single charge super in the game (and sfIV has a lot), there are few (or maybe one only?) 720 super, etc and etc, and i don't remember a single double half circle super, even half circle motions characters like dudley or ibuki had their supers as double motions.
Oh, make no mistake at this point I half agree with you, now that I see you were talking about a single 360 as a super and not a 720(thus my confusion). A single 360 (with leniency) is indeed easier than a 720 or a double HC. If you're going for utility alone then that's the best option. However, I like the idea of needing to time a reversal super, especially grab supers. I suppose I just feel that SFV punishes mashing/churning much more heavily in this game when compared to 3 and 4, and arguably requires a bit more commitment. If her super had sub optimal startup and cool down I could get behind the idea of a 360; however I like how good it looks atm and would prefer that the move stay good and simply require better timing.

EDIT: also, I said some charge moves, not all =P They go back and forth between games...

I understand your point, but really, here is the thing.

If you can't mash a determined move, it means that you can't do that same move in a very tight moment on reaction.

If we are going to reward reads and reactions, a 360 is the better choice. Yeah, it is easier to mash, but it also means reward for players with better reactions.

And the motion being 2 half circles is not stopping anyone from mashing, that is for sure. Mashing is part of fighting games.

Either way, i just think 360s are the better choice, but if this doesn't change, i'll just work my execution to be as useful with double half circles.

I understand your point, but really, here is the thing.

If you can't mash a determined move, it means that you can't do that same move in a very tight moment on reaction.
That's the thing, it's the same for any move. It depends not only on the input but the frames as well. Double qcs take longer than 360s but people can still punish many moves with a super that has start up on top of the execution time. I'm sure you can recall moments in past SF games where something was punished with a raw super.

If we are going to reward reads and reactions, a 360 is the better choice. Yeah, it is easier to mash, but it also means reward for players with better reactions.
Honestly, as long as the input and start up are not ridiculously long, that applies to any move. A simpler input rewards both those with low and high reactions. It's more of a question of how easily something should be punished. I mean look at 3rd Strike Chun: low forward->super was ridiculously good. Low forward, though a normal, easily punished or outright beat many other moves and led to high, consistent, easy damage when super was available. My point is that's there's nothing wrong with simplicity, but when something is simpler and more damaging/useful than the tools of the rest of the cast, things become problematic. I'm not saying Mika would be broken by any means, but it's something to be aware of.

And the motion being 2 half circles is not stopping anyone from mashing, that is for sure. Mashing is part of fighting games.

Either way, i just think 360s are the better choice, but if this doesn't change, i'll just work my execution to be as useful with double half circles.
True, it wont stop people from mashing, but it makes successful mashes less likely. A buffer will only hold so many inputs for so long.
And if it wasnt evident, I respect your opinion, but I just dont agree.
Regardless of which direction capcom takes, my baby is (got?) back and I'm using her regardless.

[supers himself]

I hurts so good

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/09/02/did-capcom-give-cammy-a-stealth-makeover-for-street-fighter-v/

Ok I wasn't crazy. Guess this is another case where if Japanese consumers complain enough the developers will change.

So when is Ken getting fixed?
That might just be her alt costume.

I don't care that much to be honest, if they keep her body muscles in place and her lips.

Another thing, i was listening to the Best Friends Podcast, and Liam and Pat mentioned that if Mika holds her mic for 30 seconds, the throw deals 100% damage, i wish someone could confirm that.

dunno about the actual length, but the gootecks write up does say holding her v skill for an impractical length of time the next throw gets powered up to do 100%

Do we have confirmed lines of what she says during the mic stuff?

Nothing yet.

Still talking about mika.

I wondering if she has an attack that forces a hard knockdown, besides the critical art.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/09/02/did-capcom-give-cammy-a-stealth-makeover-for-street-fighter-v/

Ok I wasn't crazy. Guess this is another case where if Japanese consumers complain enough the developers will change.

So when is Ken getting fixed?
Speaking of Cammy changes, I agree, it seems ongoing. Like from debut (right) compared to the Vega build (left):
5o98NB2.jpg

source: AdenPhoenix's post

Game Journalist: In-development game continues to be developed! Shock! I better make an article about this.

I think all the alt. costumes look great and I can't see them being exclusive for more than a short time period. Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 had vendor-specific costume packs and those eventually went full public.

I like the older face more, but I won't die from change.
I love Japanese culture in general but...they werent really complaining that an arguably British character didn't look Japanese enough, did they?

Ah, well. Maybe it looks better in motion.

I like the older face more, but I won't die from change.
I love Japanese culture in general but...they werent really complaining that an arguably British character didn't look Japanese enough, did they?

Ah, well. Maybe it looks better in motion.

I was complaining about cammy's old face. I think it looks really bad.

I don't know what people are going on about in this thread about "Japanese Culture" and "Japan complained about Cammy's face" shit I saw a TON of people on English message boards saying how bad cammy's face looks in the e3 build. All over SRK, Eventhubs, Maximilian's stream chat, youtube comments etc.

Stop attributing stuff to Japan that you have no idea if its true or not, please. Even if it is true, its not unique to Japan at all.

As a side note, isn't Cammy confirmed to be ethnically Russian in Decapre's story mode?

Edit - I don't think the E3 build face is even the same one that's in the PS4 beta either, so she's been changed a lot. So has Vega.

Last edited: