• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

Purple? It must be poison...

what? the game needs a rekka character.

Capcom released a survey for the SFV beta. Here

That'd be rather odd since they basically just confirmed no SFIV characters. Then again that was the American PR rep who keeps saying shit, so who knows, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.
Wait, really?! Where can we see it?

considering that none of the SF4 characters would really count as "classics" or "long time no see" (aside from Hakan, an instant classic), I don't think we'll see any SF4 characters on launch, and probably none for a little while after.

Wait, really?! Where can we see it?
I think he's referring to that recent interview with Matt Dahlgren on Gamespot. The breakdown they listed in the review were eight "classic" characters (read: SF2), four characters "we hadn't seen in awhile" and four newbies.

Just noticed that not only Japanese VA for R.Mika is the VA for Naruto (which I saw mentioned here), but her english VA is ALSO a VA for Naruto...

What I'm saying is that one outro showing gender-confused Naruto walking down the beach might have had deeper meaning.

Got to try SFV this past weekend. I'm definitely liking M.Bison again and I'm liking Chun-Li's normals and her V-trigger. Nash feels eh to me. Sadly I couldn't get to play that much because these people were selfish and hogging the game by playing 10 matches in a row.

They've added camera effects for command throws. The length of the actual throws has not changed, at least that I can tell, and they're nowhere near as obnoxious as SFIV, but still not entirely sure how I feel about it.

Bull Revenger and Necalli's grab.

i find the camera changes okay... at least they are trying to make it not jarring and weird.

I think it looks hella weird... I don't think I care for it.

Lookit this beauty.

V8TVcsj.png

i made the exact same expression over Mika's alpha counter

Reactions: Covenant
yeah my guess is that all stages will have a stage extender on one side and on the other will have a stage finisher. Capcom bringing back the old school fighting game stages.

So with the New Zealand is most likely going to have a stage extender on that end which goes right into the temple that is shown in Nash's portrait art. And on the other end... Sheep. Death by fluffy white sheep controlled by Q. Who sends you flying off to the moon cause you touched his sheep. Don't do that man, he made a sign for a reason, respect it.

well to answer that question is quite simple. Look to your left, what do you see? Nothing? That's because it has shifted from your gaze over the to the right. If you turn your head quickly enough you will see it. AH HAH~! You caught a glimpse of it, which is more than enough to identity it as... ANIME...

That's right, the Illuminati is actually anime and Nash is just bringing out his edgy side by putting on fake scars and acting all cold and tough to everyone he knows. He was told by Urien that this is a way to get all the babes and to make even the toughest of men cower before his almighty edge. Finally Nash can get his revenge on Bison and go on to becoming the best man ever, even more than Guile.

The area may be where Necalli was unearthed and Charlie was sent to investigate on behalf of Gill and his illuminated friends. Bison really has plans for Necalli, but we don't know what they are, and I've been trying to hunt down Necalli's win quote vs Bison, but came up dry :/

Or thats just a reused asset
Doubt it, all the stage pics on the character art seem significant (heck someone found Ken's has something that says Haggar Bank or something faintly;

-In the Charlie and Hidden Waterfall stage, the statues are from Gill's stage in the first two versions of SF3

-Looking at Charlie's 3rd eye Opal, we all started early speculation of Illuminati and Gill invlvement, then the SF5 comic solidified that

-Charlie's hellbent on killing Bison "I came back to kill you. Nothing more, nothing less" + Bison's win quote to Necalli "It's all just a matter of time now. Everything is going according to plan" so with Charlie being laser focused on killing Bison, seems weird he's tied to a stage that seemingly is for Necalli, eh? Nope, Bison wants him for some grand scheme, Charlie wants Bison dead and was given the means to do so, so that could all mean that Necalli is the focal point of the story, the Illuminati wants Bison snuffed out by way of Sonic Justice, and the Hidden Waterfall stage is going to be an important landmark in this story.

Reactions: The Dave
It's either him or maybe a new character. Or Cody can suddenly throw tornadoes now instead of having to do an uppercut.

Now i'm really curious...

Now, we had teases for Necalli, so, this might be a new character.

Cody, well, i don't know if he fits into the "characters you expect from a street fighter game", but he was in a recent SF, so he isn't a long time no see character.

It's Storm from the X-men!

Yeah, I'm also leaning towards new character. Cody is cool, but I want someone new. Maybe since GAMES15 is in Dubai, they'll announce a Middle Eastern character. Tekken added Shaheen...

SF characters from that area:
Hakan = Turkey
Pullum = Saudi Arabia
Darun = India
8jPDOmy.jpg
That 2009 map needs updating! Looking at it now, SF could use fighters from Africa, Australia, and South America (does Necalli count?).

Haha, well if it is a return, then the Siliconera prophecy (R. Mika, Alex, Karin, Urien) will be put to the final test. Can you see Alex, Karin, or Urien getting wind powers?

It's Gouken obviously
rip my main