• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

With Karin's announcement, it looks like I was right on the money (or more precisely C88|DevilJin01 who pointed this out to me).
From the looks of it, we're getting 8 SFII characters, 4 Alpha characters and 4 new ones. At least based on the grouping and color coding from the SDCC/Evo presentation.
18_sf5panel19.jpg
core%20roster.png

Just watched the Karin trailer, why is she Tron Bonne now?

Or has she always had that laugh pose? I didn't play Alpha.

She did.

I mean she is a stereotypical japanese rich girl.

The ojou laugh was created for that very purpose.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shockdingo
Your face on thumbnail is so wierd that i thought that was a joke...
Oh well, so many waifus on this game.

Gameplay-wise, Karin looks very interesting. I like Rekka characters. As a character, being stuck in the same trope is disappointing, but I suppose expected.
She did.

I mean she is a steorotypical japanese rich girl.

The ojou laugh was created for that very purpose.

Indeed. It wouldn't be Street Fighter without stereotypes and tropes. And Karin nails the Ojou trope.
TV Tropes: Ojou

So 4 characters left? Two newbies and two veterans?

Obligatory so-many-blondes hair chart:
  1. Birdie
  2. Cammy
  3. Chun-Li
  4. Karin
  5. Ken
  6. M. Bison
  7. Nash
  8. Necalli
  9. R. Mika
  10. Rashid
  11. Ryu
  12. Vega
  13. ???
  14. ???
  15. ???
  16. ???
Rashid's scouter reads: 43.75% Blonde

Reactions: The Dave
I'm really curious about the 2 newcomers remaining...

I really want for the possible Brazilian character be someone really cool.

I'm really curious about the 2 newcomers remaining...

I really want for the possible Brazilian character be someone really cool.

cool and:
Funny-Blonde-Jokes-Lafline.jpg

cool and:
Funny-Blonde-Jokes-Lafline.jpg
Fabulous? Blonde? Blonde Fabulous? Catastic?

Anyway, every female in this game is looking great, so, if we get a cool Brazilian Girl, with a common brazilian name, then i'll be more than happy...

The only thing possible to top that is makoto, because makoto is awesome. =P

Reactions: ScarletGungnir
I'm glad somebody else thought Ingrid when they saw EX Mujinkyaku.

that'd be cool if he made it, but we already got our 4 "haven't seen in a while" characters, maybe DLC?

so when's Sakura?
because you can't have Karin without Sakura.
just like you can't have Aeon without Venus :^)

Older Sakura, i want that.

even if they keep her visual of her sfIV ending (which is a pretty good look)...

I wonder how her playstyle would be....

I prefer her martial arts gear costume.
it feels like it's HER progression as a fighter.

GWAHHHHHHHH yes!!!! Street Fighter V the game where everyone's favorite characters gets to be in it I can finally buy a new street fighter since 3rd Strike

Karin can be in without Sakura. Sakura isn't her only SF relationship. Ryu has been in plenty of stuff without Ken.

Reactions: mcpeanuts
Karin can be in without Sakura. Sakura isn't her only SF relationship. Ryu has been in plenty of stuff without Ken.
yeah but none of those are mainline street fighter games.

This character is fine. Her animations are nice.

...I don't know I'm looking at her I'm just drawing a blank? Something about her just feels like nothing really stands out in her design. Don't get me wrong, neutral is instantly better than some of the other female character choices (and that is great), but I don't feel that much from her? Meh, maybe it's lack of nostalgia.

Maybe it's because she's the third white blonde female in a row for this game? Idk. I mean it's a 75% white blond rate for girls here at the moment, you know.

This character is fine. Her animations are nice.

...I don't know I'm looking at her I'm just drawing a blank? Something about her just feels like nothing really stands out in her design. Don't get me wrong, neutral is instantly better than some of the other female character choices (and that is great), but I don't feel that much from her? Meh, maybe it's lack of nostalgia.

Maybe it's because she's the third white blonde female in a row for this game? Idk. I mean it's a 75% white blond rate for girls here at the moment, you know.

At this point i firmly believe that you are complaining for the sake of complaining.

Well gameplay wise rekka characters are usually regarded one of the more 'boring' play-styles in an aesthetic sense since it focuses more on practicality over flash. Usually no fancy bright projectiles or leaping 30 feet in the air for command grabs involved which is what makes Joe gamer hyped.

She is the only rekka character in the game until now.

Her rekkas go into mixups.

While being blonde, she is the only non muscular girl in the game, so design wise, she is also pretty unique in this game.

Also, she looks polished, like ryu and chun levels of polished, meaning that she was in the lab for quite some time already.

And her stage is gorgeous.

her hair does look straight out of Wallace & Gromit in that gif

So what about that Fighting Network they announced? I wonder how many rivals you can set.

Not until your hair looks less like playdoh, and more like hair.

I'm sad you don't get the reference.

Because they're long time no see characters no matter how you want to look at it. 16 years is a long time.

The last time Alex and Urien were in a Street Fighter game was 1 year after the last time Karin and Mika were, and if we're counting versions then no, they've actually been in less.

And that said, the quote wasn't "classic" it's "characters you expect to be in a Street Fighter game", as in by default. Urien sure as hell doesn't fit that.

If the leak is right then they're early DLC, which would be weird, but that's the only way that the leak is right and the PR guy isn't wrong.
I overall agree that Alex and Urien would be "long time no see" characters (And I personally cant see both being in the initial roster), But Alex's last Appearance was TvC. That's Just 5-7 Years ago (2008/2010) depending on region. And the game came out after Vanilla SFIV in their respective regions.

SF5 hairstyle reference:
Conhe%C3%A7a-As-Diferentes-Tipos-De-Massas-2.jpg
No complain about haircut on this game anymore since that i notice ryu hair looks like a hedgehog

Reactions: Muro and The Dave
At this point i firmly believe that you are complaining for the sake of complaining.
I mean it's not like Mika and Karin are the 2 most requested Alpha characters.
and that Cammy is the most popular female in Street Fighter for Japanese fans.

I'm sad you don't get the reference.

I'm always here to disappoint.

i just can't believe that this game is full of such white females like Mika Nanakawa and Karin Kanzuki
never have heard such offensively white names in my entire life

Sodom is a pretty white girl so add him to the game. justiceforsodom

The only thing I find weird is where were all the complaints when the game was full of black haired people?

They need to bring back Ryu's red dome.

u8mFzUW.jpg

So is the new stage like a high society club or estate? People noticed that one of Karin's servants is one of the background NPC. Fitting place for her reveal.
The stage is called Kanzuki Estate.

Last edited:
Reactions: BallotBoxer